• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Does anyone know where this image/model came from?

I'm comparing K. Rool's legs here to the ones in the mod. I get the impression that perhaps making them thicker would give a more natural look to them? Especially to fill in the ''rings'' that are seen right around the spot where the mod's legs and main body connect. Also, this image keeps the legs further apart from each other (maybe its more practical this way)?
It won't help. Problem with them (when animating at least) is that they are too short, not too thin or too close to each other.
I agree with the hands and shoulders. The hands especially are way too freakish-looking at the moment.
They do look freakish, but this is Brawl and K. Rool (or any of the Kremlings) isn't supposed to look pretty.
How much can the model be changed Bagan? Perhaps being too faithful to K. Rool's original design (as in, the Rare CG artwork you posted earlier) is making it harder to implement in a fighting game environment that offers so much free-movement? Not sure if I explained that last sentence well.

In any case, I wish you good luck!
I can move around verticles and things like that, but no major changes (shoulders will remain wide, legs won't get longer, etc). The only thing thats more difficult with this design is movement, but everything else is fine.

And thanks.
Here's a bunch of GIFs I made in order to help you have references to make proper animations for K. Rool.

#1 - Intro (possible) -

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-20-2015/JKrQOF.gif
Can be done. Chain can be something from Flying Kroc or whatever that thing in DKC3 was called.
What exactly he is doing here?
Run cycles from the front without side view don't help much, but thanks for those at least.
#3 - Shield Break/Tripping? Walking Animation -

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-20-2015/qCiw_I.gif
Thats a big one...Will take a look at it later.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
In idle, he looks back and forth, periodically punches the air in preparation for a fight.

I couldn't find any direct side views.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Still here if you need animtion help. The Animation Bank is back up anyways

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Here's a few more gifs for sprinting and walking/jogging. I tried getting a side view the best I could. The game doesn't allow good side shots, but his run is not very complex, it's basically a fat man run but more "athletic", I guess is a way to describe it.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-21-2015/30mMgD.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-23-2015/axl1zF.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-23-2015/gH158R.gif
Can you make a gif of this video below for Bagan? It's the perfect example of what K.Rool's slowest walk animation should be in the mod :)

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
did you pick to make those four characters just because there big? also is there any character you want to play as that you dont want to make because i've always wanted petey piranha and regirock

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
i thought i was the only one who thought that. just saying it makes me want to learn how to make characters

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
BAM! Here ya go, a cool slow walk animation.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-24-2015/7Jtqc2.gif
Here are two more gifs for it, so Bagan has different angles to work with:

Also, I agree, this would be an awesome reference for his walk.
...not gonna question it. Just...ok then.
did you pick to make those four characters just because there big? also is there any character you want to play as that you dont want to make because i've always wanted petey piranha and regirock
No. Kraid is here because last time he appeared was in 2005, K. Rool is here because he is highly requested character like Ridley that isn't playable because lol Sakurai and Metal Face is here because why not? And no, there are no characters like that.

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's just a coincidence that all four of them are humongous. A fortuitous coincidence, but a coincidence none the less.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Someone should tackle Tyrantrum as a character. We could always use a Dinosaur pokemon in Smash.

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Oh hell yes! Its Final Smash would totally be Draco Meteor!

I always found it funny that it could learn that move, since it was an asteroid that finished off the non-avian dinosaurs.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
uhh anyways... kirbys metal face cannon looks very large, can you show kirby with metal faces ability next to metal face? Also can i see metal face getting eaten by kirby in a gif or something

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
uhh anyways... kirbys metal face cannon looks very large, can you show kirby with metal faces ability next to metal face? Also can i see metal face getting eaten by kirby in a gif or something
He still uses ROB's beam...and why would you need that of all things?

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
you want your characters to fit in with the rest of the cast then they all should look normal when eaten by kirby, and since metal face is really big i was wondering how he would look eaten by such a small character

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
So are you planning to give K,rool a Satan alt? Because that would be awesome!

OR even better, K.rool dressed has Satan riding Metal Face has a slead and they're being pulled by Ridley!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
you want your characters to fit in with the rest of the cast then they all should look normal when eaten by kirby, and since metal face is really big i was wondering how he would look eaten by such a small character
Oh, that. It looks fine.
ScreenCapture158.png

Metal Face is big, but not in same way as Kraid or K. Rool. He is just tall.
So are you planning to give K,rool a Satan alt? Because that would be awesome!

OR even better, K.rool dressed has Satan riding Metal Face has a slead and they're being pulled by Ridley!
Um...Are you sure its not "Santa"? But that is a good idea...except i can't do modelling stuff.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Perfect Walk animation image. And, i'd hate to be 'THAT' guy, but Bagan, the K Rool Model that you sent me was extremely inconvenient to animate for me because he was literally too small. Dunno if it's the Brawlbox version i'm using or what.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Perfect Walk animation image. And, i'd hate to be 'THAT' guy, but Bagan, the K Rool Model that you sent me was extremely inconvenient to animate for me because he was literally too small. Dunno if it's the Brawlbox version i'm using or what.
Just set its TopN bone scale to 1, 1, 1 and it will be a lot bigger. I keep it so small by default to see how animation looks like without messed up lighting and for stuff not related to modding.

Last edited:

MewLucaRoy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1821-9162-2306
Hmm, very interesting character mods you have here.

Could I test, if possible?

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I noticed Ridley has no fast fall like all the other characters, will that be fixed in the future?

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
A little bit late to the testing scene, but I would love to test all of them. Just got Xenoblade so I'm excited to see Metal Face.
1. I can use heavy characters
2. I can do all you listed
3. I can test on Wii and Dolphin
4. All of them, but mainly K. Rool
Huge fan of your work. Ridley is great, I bet these guys will be too.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I noticed Ridley has no fast fall like all the other characters, will that be fixed in the future?
He can do it, but it barely matters. Kinda like with Samus.
A little bit late to the testing scene, but I would love to test all of them. Just got Xenoblade so I'm excited to see Metal Face.
1. I can use heavy characters
2. I can do all you listed
3. I can test on Wii and Dolphin
4. All of them, but mainly K. Rool
Huge fan of your work. Ridley is great, I bet these guys will be too.
Ok then.
whats k.rools taunts
Nothing yet.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
About Tyrantrum, since Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian brought it up; that's a project I'd like for us to do at some point, but right now I'm more focused on testing what we have on our plate right now. It's definitely on my mind for a future project, though; and I already have a moveset planned out because of Smash 4 speculation, which saves us time.

I just need textures and a model that's usable with BrawlBox and I can start working on the aesthetic parts (skins, CSS textures, etc). From there, though, it's going to have to be a team effort. Though since Project M won't be getting any more updates, this makes it so I'll have less time to fret about updates to the game, and thus can keep it on the backburner.

It's definitely something that, if not started as a group effort, will be posted on separately.

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
i was sooo close to getting my characters made, shoot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom