• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
So, in terms of crowd chants for K. Rool, I can think of two possibilities:

--Take a bunch of Kremling noises from the DKC games or DK64, mix them together and create a sort of group cheer, kind of like what Ridley has now with the Space Pirates

--There's a clip from the DKC cartoon where K. Rool runs for office, and all of the Kongs are somehow supporting him and chanting "K. Rool for future ruler! K. Rool for future ruler!"

Either would work fine, they'd just take a little bit of work to put together. Strangely enough, the obvious situation where he's in front of a crowd in DK64 doesn't have anything really usable, just generic crowd noises.
you bring up the show a lot, and i know this is off topic but do you know a place where i can see all the dkc show episodes.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
you bring up the show a lot, and i know this is off topic but do you know a place where i can see all the dkc show episodes.
Here are YouTube playlists for season one and season two.

A handful of the episodes are pretty good, if you can get past the more grating songs and the episodes where the Kongs randomly become a******* toward DK for no reason.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Anyone else think he should pitch these to to the Legacy XP team? They're pretty good at finishing/polishing PSAs from what I hear.

Also, I'm actually excited about Kraid the most. Any progress on him?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, in terms of crowd chants for K. Rool, I can think of two possibilities:

--Take a bunch of Kremling noises from the DKC games or DK64, mix them together and create a sort of group cheer, kind of like what Ridley has now with the Space Pirates

--There's a clip from the DKC cartoon where K. Rool runs for office, and all of the Kongs are somehow supporting him and chanting "K. Rool for future ruler! K. Rool for future ruler!"

Either would work fine, they'd just take a little bit of work to put together. Strangely enough, the obvious situation where he's in front of a crowd in DK64 doesn't have anything really usable, just generic crowd noises.
Update, option two has background music playing over the chanting. I can maybe isolate some clips from elsewhere in the cartoon to apply in making the former option.

Also, of note, user Peardian has just developed a nice Kremkoin model that could potentially be used for a taunt or victory pose for K. Rool. Maybe he holds out a koin and kisses his face upon it? There's potential there for sure.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else think he should pitch these to to the Legacy XP team? They're pretty good at finishing/polishing PSAs from what I hear.

Also, I'm actually excited about Kraid the most. Any progress on him?
Once K Rool and Kraid are complete, I'm sure they'll be in legacy. However, I highly doubt to see Bagan give his PSA's entirely to the Legacy team.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Well, his Ridley was put in Legacy, so it certainly is likely K. Rool, Kraid, and Metal Face will be in.
I believe you misread my post. I entirely agree that they will be in Legacy, but I don't expect Bagan to give them to the legacy team until they are in their pristene and perfectly stable release.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I believe you misread my post. I entirely agree that they will be in Legacy, but I don't expect Bagan to give them to the legacy team until they are in their pristene and perfectly stable release.
Well, that's a given.

What I was talking about "polishing" was giving them announcer calls, their own spots on the roster, and the like, because from what I understand, K. Rool is meant to replace Toon Link,. (but I don't know about Kraid or Metal Face).

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Well, that's a given.

What I was talking about "polishing" was giving them announcer calls, their own spots on the roster, and the like, because from what I understand, K. Rool is meant to replace Toon Link,. (but I don't know about Kraid or Metal Face).
Ahh, ok I see what you are saying. It wouldn't be super hard to set up a spot for K Rool on the roster, just a BrawlEx clone over Toon Link, but yes, I do believe when Bagan finishes K Rool and allows him to be in Legacy, Legacy will do the same that they've done for every other character.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
oh so your making super metroid kraid
Unless I missed something, he was doing Kraid from Metroid: Zero Mission.
No. I don't have enough time, unfortunately.
Seriously, take your time. I'm sure I speak for all of us K. Rool fans when I say that we've waited FOREVER to get K. Rool in Smash. So what's a few more weeks/months?
On the bright side, Thanksgiving and Christmas break are on the horizon...

On a side note, if you're still taking suggestions for Kraid's moveset, I have a few in mind.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
how are kraids throws going to work with those arms
In my mind, his grab range would be rather small, but his pummel would probably be a bite. Then his forward, back, and up throws would be regular throws and down through would have him sit on opponents.

On that note, this is what I'd picture Kraid in Smash to look like.
Kraid.jpg

Not sure if this is supposed to be a 3D model or not, but here's the link just in case it helps: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?77066-My-First-Zbrush-Sculpt
EDIT: I now know this actually is a model. Hope this helps Began, if you do use it.:samus:

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
For a crowd chant there is always the part right before K. Rool sing "My Finest Hour" where the three kremlings (who aren't statues) say "Hail to King K. Rool, hail to King K. Rool!" It would be very easy to loop a couple of times. Actually that gives me an idea...

BowserToonLink69

Smash Rookie
In my mind, his grab range would be rather small, but his pummel would probably be a bite. Then his forward, back, and up throws would be regular throws and down through would have him sit on opponents.

On that note, this is what I'd picture Kraid in Smash to look like.
View attachment 118421
Not sure if this is supposed to be a 3D model or not, but here's the link just in case it helps: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?77066-My-First-Zbrush-Sculpt
EDIT: I now know this actually is a model. Hope this helps Began, if you do use it.:samus:
His forward throw can have him drag you towards his belly then shoot those spikes from his belly

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Maybe once the mod is done, someone will mod Fredrik over K. Rool, kind of like how people made a pteranodon costume for Ridley after the fact.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Bagan's currently swamped with school, so we're kind of back to a sluggish period in terms of mod development, especially for mods like K.Rool which need a lot of work done to even get a beta release out.

The only mods that we've really got time for currently are the ones that are already semi-complete (like Classic Ridley and Metal Face).

BowserToonLink69

Smash Rookie
Bagan's currently swamped with school, so we're kind of back to a sluggish period in terms of mod development, especially for mods like K.Rool which need a lot of work done to even get a beta release out.

The only mods that we've really got time for currently are the ones that are already semi-complete (like Classic Ridley and Metal Face).
take your time no need to rush

SuperWiiFitTrainer64

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrianYauger
3DS FC
2251-5824-0397

No rush! Just incredibly excited to see this in action.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
These are awesome!
Hey, if you have King K. Rool all set, do you mind if I could use him in my Smash Bros. mod project? I am dying to add him in the game! :)

Top Bottom