• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Badcity, Horribleville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
QDVS beats my Meta Knight 100% of the time with Snake.

Learn your match ups :).

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Hsjdhfsdfd

EDIT2:
I couldnt even learn the matchup if i wanted to. Unforunately no one i live near wants to play like only half their hand works. So i cant practice against Meta Spam.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'd play with you every day if you lived closer.

I don't even know where you live....?

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
snake should never lose to MK.

MK spam is easily beatable.

Stop losing to that stuff Afro.. seriously.

Equi

Smash Ace
snake should never lose to MK.

MK spam is easily beatable.

Stop losing to that stuff Afro.. seriously.
Disagreed. He beat Galleon, me, Seibrik, Afro and we tried a versatile amount of strategies.

I'm not saying it can't be beaten. But Galleon has come the closest and he played his absolute heart out. As for the good Snake that counters it, supposedly Queen plays him in friendlies.

This is flawed logic, and I'm not claiming Rx- isn't a smart spammer. He is brilliant in the sense that he has brought Brawl's metagame to its peak. It is very frustrating, being eliminated by a single button twice in a row. But it amazes me that as of now, other states haven't caught onto this strategy. It cracks me the **** up. I'll go on youtube, watch a pro player playing meta knight like gimpyfish or whathaveyou and they'll place a skillful Meta Knight spacing game and I can only laugh.

No. MK spam is not easily beatable. There is absolutely no lag in between the up b's. No way of punishing it except for Galleon's insane frame jab timing. I hate to say it, but unless you've really faced Rx- at his best with this, you don't understand how hard it is to win, even if you camp and run away, which I tried.

As lame as this sounds, Rx- has taken this game to its furthest point. If he wins Gigabits, and chops or no one else has an answer (and i know he can be beaten when he spams, i'm not saying it's impossible) then there's really no point to the game anymore. The meta knight meta game will have been mastered. Meta Knight is better than Akuma, I'm not even joking.

Look at it this way, Chaz is a better player than me and I two stocked him with Meta Knight. What does that tell you? MK spam is godly. And to beat him with Snake, you have to learn how to use your grenades extremely well with insane timing, which means you have to practice the most boring counter endlessly.

I'm not whining or complaining, I'm just being realistic. Rx- is really good with the strategy, but it has not been mastered. You people seem to forget that Meta Knight's spam isn't over yet. It's not about just pressing B. It's about spamming smart. Which Rx- has done, but it can be taken even further with less error, in my opinon.

Even if people figure out how to counter straight up tornado, dsmash, up b, Rx- can easily take it further with other broken MK moves. Usmash through the platform, his insane spacing game with dtiilt, fair everything. In fact, combine Rx- and my meta knight spacing game, or anyone else's good spacing meta knight, and you'd have an unbeatable character.

I'm calling it now.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I just fight for my friends and pray to god that I get gimp kills on the ledge.
thread over. ted wins

but actually, ike is a mercernary in his fire emblem game. so you should be saying stuff like:

I fight for my paycheck

I fought for this sandwich

Equi

Smash Ace
On the final note there are two MK spams:

Smart MK spam and regular MK spam, which can be beaten. Two different games.

Rx- is smart MK spam.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
on a serious side, I havn't played Rx- yet, so i dont know what all the MK spam hubbub is about. I HAVE played Otru's MK, and if Rx is the same if not better at spamming than he is, then i honestly cant beat it yet. otru did it to me on thursday, and i didnt know wtf to do. I kinda wish i can play Rx just so i can see how bad it can be. I did figure out some things that can take him out of it, so hopefully i can actually do them in a full motion fight

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I don't see how MK is better.

Snake has tilts that kill, a jab combo that kills, an up smash that just generates extra disjointed hitboxes on command, an fsmash that kills the majority of the cast at 70% ish, two mines, grenades, the best recovery of any heavy weight character, he isn't slow, and he is the second heaviest character in the game, so hard to ko. Not to mention his aerials do ******** damage and knockback as well.

MK has tornado, aerials with high priority, and good air control in general, that's it.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
You probably know this because you play both characters.... /sarcasm
I consider myself a above average snake and no character gives me more trouble then meta knight.
I don't play either character, but that doesn't mean I haven't played vs either a ton, nor does it mean I haven't spoken to the players themselves.

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman

Snake has tilts that kill, a jab combo that kills, an up smash that just generates extra disjointed hitboxes on command, an fsmash that kills the majority of the cast at 70% ish, two mines, grenades, the best recovery of any heavy weight character, he isn't slow, and he is the second heaviest character in the game, so hard to ko. Not to mention his aerials do ******** damage and knockback as well.

MK has tornado, aerials with high priority, and good air control in general, that's it.
Jab doesnt break tornado or stop Up B
Tilts dont break Tornado or Stop up B
MK can grab Throw then Shield your upsmash.
Grenades are good
Mines are good
Recovery is good distance wise but easy as hell to hit, as MK all you do is jump out there and Nair spam on top of Snake. OR you can hit him during the first second of his Up B where he cant air dodge or attack out. When i mained D3 i punished the hell out of Snakes Up B. Its really not that good.

LOL @ FSmash comment.....

So you can either guess the matchup in your head, and say to yourself "ooo well i think this person will win cuz of this". OR you can listen to someone whos actually done the fight, and actually mains one of the 2 characters we are talking about.

EDIT:
Playing a snake vs Lucario and MK vs Lucario does NOT mean that you know how Snake vs MK will go. Thats doesnt even make sense. And IVE done the matchup and IM saying its ********.

Equi

Smash Ace

MK has dsmash, tornado, and up b.

That is all you need.

Linguini

Smash Master
Disagreed. He beat Galleon, me, Seibrik, Afro and we tried a versatile amount of strategies.

I'm not saying it can't be beaten. But Galleon has come the closest and he played his absolute heart out. As for the good Snake that counters it, supposedly Queen plays him in friendlies.

This is flawed logic, and I'm not claiming Rx- isn't a smart spammer. He is brilliant in the sense that he has brought Brawl's metagame to its peak. It is very frustrating, being eliminated by a single button twice in a row. But it amazes me that as of now, other states haven't caught onto this strategy. It cracks me the **** up. I'll go on youtube, watch a pro player playing meta knight like gimpyfish or whathaveyou and they'll place a skillful Meta Knight spacing game and I can only laugh.

No. MK spam is not easily beatable. There is absolutely no lag in between the up b's. No way of punishing it except for Galleon's insane frame jab timing. I hate to say it, but unless you've really faced Rx- at his best with this, you don't understand how hard it is to win, even if you camp and run away, which I tried.

As lame as this sounds, Rx- has taken this game to its furthest point. If he wins Gigabits, and chops or no one else has an answer (and i know he can be beaten when he spams, i'm not saying it's impossible) then there's really no point to the game anymore. The meta knight meta game will have been mastered. Meta Knight is better than Akuma, I'm not even joking.

Look at it this way, Chaz is a better player than me and I two stocked him with Meta Knight. What does that tell you? MK spam is godly. And to beat him with Snake, you have to learn how to use your grenades extremely well with insane timing, which means you have to practice the most boring counter endlessly.

I'm not whining or complaining, I'm just being realistic. Rx- is really good with the strategy, but it has not been mastered. You people seem to forget that Meta Knight's spam isn't over yet. It's not about just pressing B. It's about spamming smart. Which Rx- has done, but it can be taken even further with less error, in my opinon.

Even if people figure out how to counter straight up tornado, dsmash, up b, Rx- can easily take it further with other broken MK moves. Usmash through the platform, his insane spacing game with dtiilt, fair everything. In fact, combine Rx- and my meta knight spacing game, or anyone else's good spacing meta knight, and you'd have an unbeatable character.

I'm calling it now.
Sorry bro, but you have no idea wtf your talking about.

Metaknight can be beaten, and there is no way in hell the pantheon of metaknight play will be reached anytime soon.
Its just that you all ****ing suck the cack at this game including me. In NY SNAKE AND DK WINS.
and I can guarantee their metaknights are 20 times gayer seeing as they find all the broken techniques leagues before us(BUM has told me).
Doodah beat Rx-, legit too, no johns I heard it from the man himself, I guess doodah has mastered some secret technique that none else can learn.
Or maybe hes just better than all us.
This has been seen before back in 2004, sheik was GOD and the community was panicking. We got around it, well get around it again.

Once again all this b!tching is due to the fact that you all suck(I suck too it's ok).
.cept doodah. All hail peter!

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
I dont understand it, you present someone with a logical arguement. And their response is, you suck. You didnt even offer a way to beat the strategy, you just posted "you suck".

Never seen anything so fvckin stupid.

Equi

Smash Ace
Hope you figure it out, cuz until then, ima spam the **** out of you.

XD

edit: And do you read posts? I clearly stated he could be beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom