• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Badcity, Horribleville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linguini

Smash Master
haha dont you see, the only people that post about metaknight being broken are the ones who lose to him.
Thats why I see no Doodah in this thread.
Im done, I really could care less about making assumptions and acting like you know what this game is all about 2 months after it's release.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Jab doesnt break tornado or stop Up B
Tilts dont break Tornado or Stop up B
MK can grab Throw then Shield your upsmash.
Grenades are good
Mines are good
Recovery is good distance wise but easy as hell to hit, as MK all you do is jump out there and Nair spam on top of Snake. OR you can hit him during the first second of his Up B where he cant air dodge or attack out. When i mained D3 i punished the hell out of Snakes Up B. Its really not that good.

LOL @ FSmash comment.....

So you can either guess the matchup in your head, and say to yourself "ooo well i think this person will win cuz of this". OR you can listen to someone whos actually done the fight, and actually mains one of the 2 characters we are talking about.

EDIT:
Playing a snake vs Lucario and MK vs Lucario does NOT mean that you know how Snake vs MK will go. Thats doesnt even make sense. And IVE done the matchup and IM saying its ********.
Stop assuming that because I play Lucario, I don't know what I am talking about. Because X doesn't beat tornado, that doesn't mean MK automatically wins. Just don't do what loses to tornado when the MK does tornado, it seems like common sense to me, but most people can't grasp that concept for whatever reason.

When I was mentioning the characteristics of the two characters, I was not stating what would work vs the other, I was stating why Snake is better than MK overall as a character.

Just listing things MK can do to beat what Snake is doing is pointless. The game is rock, paper, scissors.

And for the record, I have played with and speak with on a regular basis, better MKs and Snakes than anyone in FL with the exception of Chops who deserves to be listed among them.

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Stop assuming that because I play Lucario, I don't know what I am talking about. Because X doesn't beat tornado, that doesn't mean MK automatically wins. Just don't do what loses to tornado when the MK does tornado, it seems like common sense to me, but most people can't grasp that concept for whatever reason.

When I was mentioning the characteristics of the two characters, I was not stating what would work vs the other, I was stating why Snake is better than MK overall as a character.

Just listing things MK can do to beat what Snake is doing is pointless. The game is rock, paper, scissors.

And for the record, I have played with and speak with on a regular basis, better MKs and Snakes than anyone in FL with the exception of Chops who deserves to be listed among them.
K i'll admit im angry, im angry at fvcking stupidity. HERE, let me break it down for you since this is difficult for YOU to grasp. . We arent refering to Meta Knight using the Tornado from one side of the stage to another. Im refering to a smaller distance (lets say right out of FTilt range), during which case when tornado starts up and moves toward you, you have no chance of breaking it. You cannot shield it as it will begin to hit through your shield not even halfway through the full attack. You cannot jump away from it as its a huge tornado. You cant roll away from it, as he'll just follow you. Y ou cant try to roll to the other side of it, as its a huge as tornado. Then once you get hit once, your int he entire thing, meta knight brings you up, hits you away, he falls back down to the ground, and you (being in the air) cant hit him back. FOR SOME characters, if you do shield the entire thing (like lucas) meta knight can just move the tornado away, and lucas does not move fast enough to punish the SMALL AMOUNT of lag at the end of the tornado. Dont believe me? Ask Galeon, im pretty **** sure he knows that its close to impossible to punish the tornado.

And tell me the MK counter character please, since you talk to all these AMAZING snake and MK players.

EDIT:
Also chops has won 1 tournament so far (with less then 40 people there). CLEARLY the best.

Equi

Smash Ace
Seibrik discovered a perfect MK spacing game with ftilt and dtilt. Combine that with fairs and a spacing game that can't be penetrated, and a tornado at a ftilt's distance with constant up b's and you have the pefect Meta Knight.

You people diss Brawl for it's lack of depth all the time, and then go off telling me that it's got years more of discoveries ahead like Melee did and that MK hasn't been perfected. Um, hello? You can only do so much in Brawl. We're not dealing with advanced tactics here, unless you count MK's gliding.

This isn't that hard to grasp, people. And I'm not johning, I'm just saying this should be taken more seriously.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
K i'll admit im angry, im angry at fvcking stupidity. HERE, let me break it down for you since this is difficult for YOU to grasp. . We arent refering to Meta Knight using the Tornado from one side of the stage to another. Im refering to a smaller distance (lets say right out of FTilt range), during which case when tornado starts up and moves toward you, you have no chance of breaking it. You cannot shield it as it will begin to hit through your shield not even halfway through the full attack. You cannot jump away from it as its a huge tornado. You cant roll away from it, as he'll just follow you. Y ou cant try to roll to the other side of it, as its a huge as tornado. Then once you get hit once, your int he entire thing, meta knight brings you up, hits you away, he falls back down to the ground, and you (being in the air) cant hit him back. FOR SOME characters, if you do shield the entire thing (like lucas) meta knight can just move the tornado away, and lucas does not move fast enough to punish the SMALL AMOUNT of lag at the end of the tornado. Dont believe me? Ask Galeon, im pretty **** sure he knows that its close to impossible to punish the tornado.

And tell me the MK counter character please, since you talk to all these AMAZING snake and MK players.
Ness' PK Fire stops tornado, Wolf's gun stops tornado. I am sure there are other projectiles that stop it too.

As for moves in general, Lucario can beat MK in the air or on the ground due to similar degrees of priority. Most characters can't challenge MK in the air head on, but Lucario can. All Lucario has to do is fly at MK and do a fair when MK does his aerial and MK gets hit. There goes the perfect MK aerial game. Lucario's attack power goes up as % goes up, and because MK can't kill specifically early, Lucario lasts at a high % for that much longer, which is very bad for MK. Lucario has 0 problems getting out of the way of tornado.

MK is good, nobody debates that. What I am tired of is fifty million threads posting about how MK is untouchable, unbeatable, cheap, whatever. There are characters that beat other characters pretty badly in Brawl, and in Melee. There is no use complaining about it. Pick up another character to deal with the matchup. People just need to chill out.

Galeon

Smash Ace
You really didn't give an answer to short range tornadoes. Your answers to tornado seem to be assuming that the guy is approaching you from across the stage or something and you can react like "Yea I'm gonna pk fire that."

When the guy does the tornado at close range, you're not gonna pk fire or blaster it. You're gonna either get tornado'ed in the startup of whatever you planned on doing or block until you get tornado'ed.

Equi

Smash Ace
dguy, the projectile comment is pointless. I have camped Rx- with Wolf, it's not the fact that he uses tornado and runs at you across the stage and you break it, man. Why don't you seem to understand this? The complaint isn't that the tornado can be broken it's that smart MK spammers use it at the perfect range.

As for your aerial comment, mad props. I agree. Lucario's priority does make sense and can break MK's game if mastered properly, though it'll be very difficult. I do agree. There are characters such as Pikachu (fair, bair, dsmash) that is anti-MK. I do have faith that the strategy can be countered, but it is extremely hard. Galleon PK'd ran away and tried a lot and he's got the smartest Lucas I've ever seen.

Stop acting like it's useless bickering. It's intellectual discussion. It's serious discussion or else top 10 at gigabits will be all Meta Knights, and we'll prove it to you.

Equi

Smash Ace
Yep. Doesn't seem like words are gonna make a difference. We're taking action. Money match, dguy? MK vs lucario. Five dollars.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I don't play vs MK as Lucas or Ness, so I can't really help you there beyond conjecture. It could be an impossible matchup, I can't say.

It's gonna sound cliche', but play smarter. If your enemy is so smart as to do a move when you can't deal with it, why do you let that situation happen? It is the same thing with Dedede vs someone that can chaingrab him. Dedede can lose to someone he can chaingrab. But then you all say but once dedede shields your attack and grabs you, there's nothing you can do. The answer to beating Dedede chaingrab spam is to not get grabbed, as silly as that might sound.

Brawl's technical game is very simple, it is the strategies, tactics, and mental game that separates the good people from the rest, not really the level of technical skill difference between the players.

Edit: I'll play anybody's MK anytime, but can't say if I am going to have the spare cash to mm yet.

Galeon

Smash Ace
You're right, Dguy (in some ways). But you're saying the way not to get tornado'ed is not to be that close to him which is nice in theory but things like Up-B to glide attack or a lagless dash attack make that very difficult. There are characters that can get it done though so yea you're right about that.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I am aware that impossible matches exist in brawl. When I say to play smart, I am assuming you are using a character that has the capability to beat MK in the first place. If you aren't, then good luck is the best I'm going to say.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
I realize anytime Dguy wants to talk big he says things like "i will play any MK anytime.. I don't lose to MK..etc" yet he will never put up money when challenged back.

Then who honestly cares? lol I CAN SO BEAT EVERYONE EVER 3-0,... but for money? Yeah.. I have to take a raincheck on that.

Who has money to enter a smash tournament but not 5$ to throw down on a money match.
Do we need to play in food stamps? cmon now.

ALSO
Snake can take 50 fvcking tornados and MK still dies a lot faster than he can kill snake.

Falco can laser camp all day and AAA punish. I think falco's u.tilt clashes with MK glide attack too.. making that approach null. close range tornado TAKE THE 8% FULL DAMAGE .. it's all about where u land and how you react. THIS GOES FOR EVERY CHARACTER. If you come out of tornado falling. He will follow you underneath and prepare to do it again if you are stupid and stay around him NO ****. hit ground, roll Blaster. REJUMP and do an aerial. every character has at least 1 NON projectile move that stops tornado.

R.O.B has it the worst with only n.air and neutral B. AND EVEN SLOW *** N.air can be used properly at close range and avoid tornado.

MK Up B is so predictable and avoidable. for starters YOU KNOW HE WILL A ON LAND AND D.SMASH FOLLOWUP. (or attempt grab as mixup.. or any mixup) Block the full attempts then short hop aerial and punish. Meet him in the air with high priority attacks ... most good n.airs should at least clash (sheik, lucario d.air, ROB n.air, few others) Or jump and blaster him in the ****ing face.

I play MK so maybe I understand this better? I hope more people play MK in tournaments. I would 100% much rather play against MK's and other characters than Snake/Falco anyday.

good anti-MK.. snake/falco/pikachu.. DK does pretty **** well too.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I am saying I won't guarantee a money match until I am sure I will have the extra money to throw down. It would seem pretty cocky of me to play you in a mm without the money in my pocket, regardless of how sure I am of the outcome. Money or not, the outcome of the match will not change. I won't sandbag in a match that is supposed to be serious.

To anyone that wants to play me, mm or not: If you beat me, I will say you can beat me. I'm not a johning scrub like most people these days.

Equi

Smash Ace
I am saying I won't guarantee a money match until I am sure I will have the extra money to throw down. It would seem pretty cocky of me to play you in a mm without the money in my pocket, regardless of how sure I am of the outcome. Money or not, the outcome of the match will not change. I won't sandbag in a match that is supposed to be serious.

To anyone that wants to play me, mm or not: If you beat me, I will say you can beat me. I'm not a johning scrub like most people these days.
That's fine. We can have some experimental friendlies.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Maybe you'll get a pool of all meta knights as giga, so you'll get out this time.
I am aware that impossible matches exist in brawl. When I say to play smart, I am assuming you are using a character that has the capability to beat MK in the first place. If you aren't, then good luck is the best I'm going to say.
sigh i suck...

dguy6789

Smash Lord
You have to be merciless to beat MK you guys. I played vs a Ness using Marth and started doing the infinite while drinking soda and enjoying it. Nothing like a nice cool glass of dew in one hand and mashing z in the other. mmmmmmmm

If you beat MK with DDD, Hbox, it means you own hardcore.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
You have to be merciless to beat MK you guys. I played vs a Ness using Marth and started doing the infinite while drinking soda and enjoying it. Nothing like a nice cool glass of dew in one hand and mashing z in the other. mmmmmmmm

If you beat MK with DDD, Hbox, it means you own hardcore.
lol, in my pool i destroyed mk but had trouble with galeon, tommy g, and xyz

Equi

Smash Ace
I realize anytime Dguy wants to talk big he says things like "i will play any MK anytime.. I don't lose to MK..etc" yet he will never put up money when challenged back.

Then who honestly cares? lol I CAN SO BEAT EVERYONE EVER 3-0,... but for money? Yeah.. I have to take a raincheck on that.

Who has money to enter a smash tournament but not 5$ to throw down on a money match.
Do we need to play in food stamps? cmon now.

ALSO
Snake can take 50 fvcking tornados and MK still dies a lot faster than he can kill snake.

Falco can laser camp all day and AAA punish. I think falco's u.tilt clashes with MK glide attack too.. making that approach null. close range tornado TAKE THE 8% FULL DAMAGE .. it's all about where u land and how you react. THIS GOES FOR EVERY CHARACTER. If you come out of tornado falling. He will follow you underneath and prepare to do it again if you are stupid and stay around him NO ****. hit ground, roll Blaster. REJUMP and do an aerial. every character has at least 1 NON projectile move that stops tornado.

R.O.B has it the worst with only n.air and neutral B. AND EVEN SLOW *** N.air can be used properly at close range and avoid tornado.

MK Up B is so predictable and avoidable. for starters YOU KNOW HE WILL A ON LAND AND D.SMASH FOLLOWUP. (or attempt grab as mixup.. or any mixup) Block the full attempts then short hop aerial and punish. Meet him in the air with high priority attacks ... most good n.airs should at least clash (sheik, lucario d.air, ROB n.air, few others) Or jump and blaster him in the ****ing face.

I play MK so maybe I understand this better? I hope more people play MK in tournaments. I would 100% much rather play against MK's and other characters than Snake/Falco anyday.

good anti-MK.. snake/falco/pikachu.. DK does pretty **** well too.
Exactly. Becuase of the spamming tornado, you are basically forced to constantly retreat and respam. It doesn't work. I tried. Once you're hit once, you must flee. You cannot punish it.

Anyway, i'm done.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but MK is actually not that fast of a horizontal mover.

I would expect a Falco to be able to camp a MK and run away all day.

People who play an offensive game vs. Meta Knight will have serious trouble.

Galeon plays defensively vs. my MK, and he does great.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
i wanan see the peopel who complain about mk and back up their words and winwith mk. lol if he's so easy why dont you just win with him hahah its like easy money if thats true what they say.

same goes for snake im ready for the snake jons after seeing snake players win fl tourneys lol

Renth

Smash Hero
Cuz i hate spamming with any character, its not that i cant do it, its that i dont want to do it.

Not sure for any one elses reasons
Then you're going to hate Brawl, Brawl is a bigger camp fest then Counter Strike.

not really, i do amazingly against most characters with old man G-Dorf learn yo **** son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom