• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia Redux! GAME OVER!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Not really defensive, more offering a cool gamble.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
it seemed like to me that he said he thinks you are scummy and he would shoot you, and then you said "not if i shoot you first" but he was just naming his suspects and you were OMGUSing.

****. i keep forgetting about Teemo.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nah, it was more of a gamble for him. If I can't shoot he lives, but. If I can he dies. I
meant back to back shooting mind you.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Nicholas' play is somewhat "all over the place," as Meta-Kirby said, but I'm not overly suspicious of him. I'm more concerned with Chaco.

How about this Gheb:

I shoot you before you shoot me, so that way toucan see if mine works and if it doesn't Im dead. But if you're wrong, you're dead. Sound good, cause Im sure as hell down.
chaco you kinda got hella defensive just now
it seemed like to me that he said he thinks you are scummy and he would shoot you, and then you said "not if i shoot you first" but he was just naming his suspects and you were OMGUSing.
If Tom/Teemo were right, this would be bad enough. But Chaco's explanation is even worse:

Nah, it was more of a gamble for him. If I can't shoot he lives, but. If I can he dies. I
meant back to back shooting mind you.
So we're trying to keep days at a reasonable length to get information, and you want to do something like this because one person said they're suspicious of you? That's way too defensive and absurd. Despite the seemingly great advantage the town has numerically, we don't have as much wiggle room as we might assume because of the destructive power of bombs. We don't have time to just set aside everyone else in the game and have personal vendettas.

Vote: Chacotaco

Day 1 - Bad Idea Mafia - Votecount
Overswarm - (3) Omni, Chaco, Ronike
Chacotaco (2) - Gheb, thedocsalive
Chuckie - (1) Chibo
Nicholas1024 (1) - Meta-Kirby

Not Voting: Rockin, Mentosman8, KevinM, Teemo, Nicholas1024, Xonar, Adumbrodeus, Overswarm, Chuckie, McCloud, Ligolski, EaxLune

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch. one to kill.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
more a random vote tbh

there wasnt a random phase with the odd starting of the vote system because tbh im not sure whose worthy of dieing yet, nor do i really care.

the nature of the game changes a lot and the #1 thing to really help us ultimately is to get some flips and information of the sort

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Ok I assumed that much.

Doc brings up a good point about Chaco.

@Chaco:
Explain why you think Gheb is scum, or why shooting Gheb would be useful at this point.
If Gheb is scum, do you think he'd agree to your proposition?
If Gheb is Town, do you think he'd agree to your proposition?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't think Gheb is scum. I'm just saying it was a gamble if he wanted to accept it.
No.
Depends.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
I don't think Gheb is scum. I'm just saying it was a gamble if he wanted to accept it.
No.
Depends.
So if your "gamble" doesn't stand to benefit Town (if you are town) and Gheb isn't scum (as you think), why did you suggest it? You're not playing to the odds my friend. Why would a townie propose such a course of action?

Vote: Chaco

Chaco

Never Logs In
Uh, because it proves I can shoot. Duhhh. Would I honestly suggest that as scum? Lol.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
chaco you are so dumb (but i love you)

you dont think he is scum, so you suggest he shoots you? then it wouldnt matter what alignment you are, if he is town, you will die, which is against your alignment.

Chaco

Never Logs In
<3 Tommy

I do not think he is scum, my gamble was serious though. What I invisioned in my head was:

I Daykill Gheb.
Gheb Daykills me.

If I am scum, it will not work so I die. But I am town so Gheb would die. It's dumb, I know. But I think it'd be pretty cool.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I honestly want to shoot you just because if thats the way you think I don't think you're going to be useful at all.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also as for the flavor discussion from earlier.

Or i should say mechanics, can I add I wouldn't want a bomb to claim PERIOD.

Not sure if people agree but I don't think they should until they can break a lylo/Mylo situation.

eauxlune

Smash Rookie
Uh, because it proves I can shoot. Duhhh. Would I honestly suggest that as scum? Lol.
Because you could be overlooking (or hoping that we are overlooking) the fact that the GF can daykill, as can the inheritor, given he takes the GF's abilities when he dies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Is KevMo really super-banned? o_0

So... Why am I scummy?
I don't like the way you knee-jerk OS this game. To be fair though out of the three people I mentioned you are the least likely to be shot by me. The main issue I'm having with you is that I can't ever see you posting your suspect in a reasonable manner. It always seems unreasonable and it's hard to comprehend how one is supposed to distinguish if you legitimately find Overswarm (or anybody else, really) scummy or if you're just so easy to provoke. It's hard to say how much of your points you're actually posting from a scum-hunting POV. Most of the stuff could be written by a scumbag just as much.

How about this Gheb:

I shoot you before you shoot me, so that way toucan see if mine works and if it doesn't Im dead. But if you're wrong, you're dead. Sound good, cause Im sure as hell down.
Uhmm... no?

Not really defensive, more offering a cool gamble.
Nah, it was more of a gamble for him. If I can't shoot he lives, but. If I can he dies. I meant back to back shooting mind you.
And what about that gamble is supposed to be the "cool" part? It looks more like ******** all over the place :ohwell:

If I am scum, it will not work so I die. But I am town so Gheb would die. It's dumb, I know. But I think it'd be pretty cool.
Yeah because the GF totally can't shoot ... oh wait.

And it's dumb, you know. But you think it'd be pretty cool, huh?

One reason I voted for you were the GF vibes I was getting from your passive, distanced play so far. And now you suggest a "gamble" that includes us 2 shooting each other so one of us dies and the other is "cleared" as townie because he can shoot. Even though the GF can shoot too...

Odd.

:059:

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
Yeah Gheb but Azua said I can play the rest of my game out on here before I have to leave, i'd rather not talk about it though.

-KevinM

Overswarm

is laughing at you
vote Chacotaco

fos Gheb

@Chaco

How exactly does this "gambit" benefit town as a whole?

ligolski

Smash Rookie
shooting a possible townies...sending us into night and loosing another townie...and if he was a bomb or visa versa then thats 3 townies with nothing to go on........yea, thats not right

vote: ChacoTaco

Ronike

Smash Ace
Chaco, what are ya doin man? Showing us your scum? Mind telling us who your buds are?

You excited to shoot him os?

unvote vote Chaco

Omnididdle

Smash Rookie
Day 1 - Bad Idea Mafia - Votecount
Overswarm - (2) Omni, Chaco
Chuckie - (1) Chibo
Chacotaco (6) - Gheb, TheDocsAlive, Chuckie, Overswarm, Ronike, ligolski
Nicholas (1) - MetaKirby

Not Voting: Rockin, Mentosman8, KevinM, Teemo, Xonar, Adumbrodeus, McCloud, Ligolski, EaxLune

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

-----------

Chaco, what are ya doin man? Showing us your scum? Mind telling us who your buds are?

You excited to shoot him os?

unvote vote Chaco
this doesn't seem very authentic.

unvote
Vote: Ronike

lots of people hoppin on the chaco wagon. interesting. not that i dont blame them but i'd only be hopping on there because he's being more silly than scummy.

ive got nothing on Rockin, Mentos, Xonar, Adumbrodeus, McCloud, and Ligolski. got plenty from everyone else. ugh, too many people in this game. we need to start chipping off some dead weight. whether they be inactives, coasters, or overswarm/chaco types that bring about the wrong kind of attention

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Walp, after reading through,

People I don't like:
Eaux
Omnididdle
Chaco
Gheb
Chuckie
Teemo

People I feel are town sided:
OS, Adum, Nich, Ronike, Rollin

Everyone else I don't really have a read on.

I agree with the shooting of bomb claims. It's the safest way to go about things, lest we want them to be rewired as several have already stated. The overwhelming numbers of town are our key asset, and I am reluctant to lose it. As someone stated previously, this is indeed a math game for mafia, so we should try to keep it as complicated as possible. I don't see a real need for claims at this moment, as we do have a large number of players, and a large number of people who haven't made a ton of posts with substance (myself included).

@Teemo/Tom I had a feeling it was you, after calling me "Mack" :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's not that I trust them, it's that they don't ring massive scum bells.
I take it then that Eaux, Omnididdle, Chaco, Gheb, Chuckie and Teemo all do ring massive scum tells to you? If so what do you have on these people that makes you think that way? Do you like Rockin, Meta-Kirby, ligolski, KevinM and Mentosman? What makes them less suspect to you than the people mentioned above?

M.K

Level 55
Gheb that is HARDCORE fishing for information. Just a few posts above, it was mentioned NOT to give scum the opportunity to see who is trusted/who is not, and now your post?

Unvote Vote: Gheb_01

for that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
To not be an asshat though: I'm not asking him for whom he trusts. You're reading something I didn't write.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, he already told us by himself whom he "trusts". So asking him about the why suddenly makes it fishing? Makes sense I guess....

not

M.K

Level 55
Do you like Rockin, Meta-Kirby, ligolski, KevinM and Mentosman?
Congratulations, you replaced the word "trust" with the word "like". It doesn't change the ulterior meaning of your question.

And don't worry, it's pretty much established that you are, in fact, an asshat.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What's up with people looking for "ulterior" stuff behind everything. Yes, I have an ulterior move to ask him about these people because his statement doesn't make sense and is potentially scummy but if you get in the way like that you kind of ruin it.

I want to hear what he thinks of these people. If he claims to like / trust half of the game then it's not like the mafia learns anything amazing. Finally, I'd like to add that we have 19 players. How likely is it for scum to go exactly after one of the players McCloud claims to have low on his scumlist? I think they have better reasons to choose their kills.

Chaco

Never Logs In
vote Chacotaco

fos Gheb

@Chaco

How exactly does this "gambit" benefit town as a whole?
It doesn't really, in all honesty, I was just being dumb. I thought it would be an interesting answer from Gheb. It's not even a gambit, OS, it's just dumb play.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
BANG!

Teemo has officially shot Chacotaco.

This game is now in twilight. Night phase will begin in exactly 24 hours.

Any and all attempts at daykilling will be completely disregarded in twilight phase.

You may all discuss freely. Chacotaco's role will be revealed just before Night Phase begins.

Top Bottom