• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You know what? I just wrote a really vulgar post, but had the decency to discard it because I don't wanna make anyone cry. I am proud of myself.

Good luck town. Listen to Ryker. Only person I would trust.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
A reminder not to be as rash as Ran just was when D3 starts.

Ran, your justification for your shot isn't even a justification. It has no backing whatsoever.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Kuz, if you're town, I'm not gonna lie. This game is pretty much a lost cause because there is waaaaaaaaay too much bad going on at the moment.

BSL, GIVE ME THAT COP!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Ryker, what links do you see between Gheb and Kuz? Is it just the fact that Gheb defended Kuz, or is there more to it then just that?

@Everyone: If I asked you a question, please answer it ASAP.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gheb's been defending Kuz for no real reason. Kuz has looked scummy by not doing anything. I didn't want to call him out because there were too many other avenues I wanted to pursue.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Ryker, BSL already gave you the cop result. July is inno.

Yes, I am town. Holy crap, didn't see that one coming. Agreed this game has way too many scummy townies in it. Should have kept up with it better, but Ranmaru's incessant idiotic questioning literally discouraged me from reading. Sorry dude, I should have played better regardless.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Should have kept up with it better, but Ranmaru's incessant idiotic questioning literally discouraged me from reading. Sorry dude, I should have played better regardless.
And in a game with a town that had even half the people in it that didn't look so ****ing scummy, he'd have been lynched by now.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Agreed. Well good luck everyone. Again, listen to ryker, if you know whats good for you.

If anyone has any questions they want me to field before the flip, I would be happy to do so.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I like him in the sense that he came to the same conclusions I did during his initial read, but Gheb is smart enough to do that as either faction.

I do think his buddying of me was weird because he pushed my save from a shot pretty hard despite my lack of content. Hard to tell whether he just had a really big town read on me or was trying to get on my good side. I don't quite remember what he said about my alignment in thread previously, but if he was pushing that I was town then thats complete bull. Even if he just said I was not obvscum, I think his defense was a little much.

As you said before, remember the interaction for later but I don't think it should be the main focus for D3.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dude, I think I need to rush that decision because, should he be scum, I don't think this rag-tag town can lynch him.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Yup. Had to be done.

Vocal wouldn't shoot him, so I had to do it myself.
Wow, seriously? NO ONE in this game wanted you to shoot! You have just defeated the entire purpose of the system! Here's how it would have gone down if you were right:

1) I wouldn't shoot.
2) Someone else would shoot.
3) I would be shot tomorrow.

Instead, you have now

1) Robbed us of the opportunity of confirming someone has the ability to shoot
AND
2) Shot a townie with no heads up to town.

Dude...just wow....

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
On another note, now that Kuz is town I'm going to push even harder to get Clownbot shot tomorrow. I will gladly make the shot myself if town deems me the best candidate but regardless of who shoots I want him dead.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Vocal, don't be a ****ing hero. You won't make a good one.

ANYONE who shoots Ran tomorrow before we've had AMPLE discussion on the subject will be quickshot by the first person to post or I will put in the Daykill command and get myself modkilled, losing the game for town.

Does everyone of you understand me?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Vocal, don't be a ****ing hero. You won't make a good one.

ANYONE who shoots Ran tomorrow before we've had AMPLE discussion on the subject will be quickshot by the first person to post or I will put in the Daykill command and get myself modkilled, losing the game for town.

Does everyone of you understand me?
I'm not trying to be a hero, I'm just trying to make Ranmaru understand why what he just did was a bad idea.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Initial thoughts are that with townKuz our shooter/shootee toMorrow should be some combination of Lux, Sword, and Summoner.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
I'm not trying to be a hero, I'm just trying to make Ranmaru understand why what he just did was a bad idea.
Except it's not. From his PoV, no one was willing to hit the obv scum. The fact that he can't scum hunt for balls doesn't enter into it.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Except it's not. From his PoV, no one was willing to hit the obv scum. The fact that he can't scum hunt for balls doesn't enter into it.
I don't think that buys him a free pass. He still broke the system by not allowing town to use the shooting process to investigate those they find most scummy.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
July, are you still standing by Kuz/Sword being TvS?

Vocal, pick a shooter for toMorrow besides you. Ideally one of the three mentioned in my above post. Matter of fact, pick a different shootee also. Just your second-biggest scumpick.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Oh really, is that so? You know, that process that I have been shouting WILL NOT WORK since Day 1? That process is flawed because someone acted on their own? Shock and awe. Shut the **** up about it because it doesn't ****ing matter.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
July, are you still standing by Kuz/Sword being TvS?

Vocal, pick a shooter for toMorrow besides you. Ideally one of the three mentioned in my above post. Matter of fact, pick a different shootee also. Just your second-biggest scumpick.
I don't appreciate the way Luxor has been phoning in all day; he doesn't seem to contribute much to discussions. I suppose I would have him shoot you? That's two scum picks, does that meet the requirements of your request, or am I supposed to have 3?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
omg wow ran if i werent drunk and sleepyi d flamw the **** out ofy ou for shootig kuz. That was just seriosluy dumb man and thew orst parti s youre probably town ughghg

:069:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I don't appreciate the way Luxor has been phoning in all day; he doesn't seem to contribute much to discussions. I suppose I would have him shoot you? That's two scum picks, does that meet the requirements of your request, or am I supposed to have 3?
Oh, I probably should have clarified, the last sentence of my post made the whole thing kind of ambiguous.

Pick a shooter-shootee team that doesn't involve me as shootee. Ignore my alleged scumminess and Ryker's insistence that the system won't work for just a moment. I'm not asking you to stick to this toMorrow, but imagine that by some series of events I can't be shot. I will allow you to designate me as shooter.

Also.

DOES NOT COMPUTE

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Oh, I probably should have clarified, the last sentence of my post made the whole thing kind of ambiguous.

Pick a shooter-shootee team that doesn't involve me as shootee. Ignore my alleged scumminess and Ryker's insistence that the system won't work for just a moment. I'm not asking you to stick to this toMorrow, but imagine that by some series of events I can't be shot. I will allow you to designate me as shooter.

Also.

DOES NOT COMPUTE
Hmm. Well if I can't have you as shootee then I'd at least want you as shooter, and for shooter I would have to say either Lux or Summoner. While I personally haven't put them on scum lists, I know others have so there may be some merit to that. Swords just doesn't strike me as scum, however. He's not solidly town, but I would have the other two shot over him.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You know what, let's care about this game. Town, you want to be carried? Fine, hold on tight because I'm ****ing done with this bull****.

BSL, you WILL target Gheb tonight. If he's guilty, get him shot immediately. No beating around.

BSL, you will almost certainly die tonight, but in the event that they kill me, then you have Gheb to carry this game if I'm dead. If Gheb is innocent and wrong twice, quickshoot him, he's godfather.

The rest of you. You've got guns and you will point them where I say to point them and when I say to point them. I will TRY to give you a direction before night phase. No promises.

To the people who will inevitably object, **** you. I need three people, maybe less, to win this game. I will not be shot by the godfather for scum win.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Read up on summoner and, as I said before, don't understand his hate in the slightest.

Also agree that, while a ****ty move, Ranmaru is probably town who can't scumhunt for anything.

My two scum reads are still unchanged: Sword and Seph. Maybe throw Clownbot in there due to his reaction to me being shot seem weird.

Upon reading up on Gheb, the thing that caught my eye (besides relentlessly buddying me) was Gheb's strange avoidance of talking about Seph and his fixation with getting Summoner shot (and clownbot; once Vocal brought it up). If I am wrong about summoner, and he is scum, Gheb is probably town. If Seph were to flip scum, I would look at gheb in detail. Notice when the pressure really seems to be coming onto Vocal to shoot Seph, Gheb jumps in and tells him that if he finds someone scummy (in that case, vocal found clown scummy) that he should not wait on town's approval and just shoot his first scum pick. I can't really talk because I was never a fan of the democratic process to begin with, but the interaction looks scummy to me.

Other than those reads BSL and Ryker are town while July is most likely town. I think thats it.

Top Bottom