• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad habits with the MK

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
I was just wondering what some of the bad habits you've developed while playing with meta knight are. For example I have become overly reliant on the up-B edgeguard to the point and there are several instances where up-B only to be too far away to grab onto the ledge. Any moves you've found yourself spamming way too often that lead to predictability?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I used to have a bad habit of spamming d-smash, but i learned to not use it as much and use more tilts.

I have a nasty habit of Overestimating the Range of Shuttle Loop, and sometimes overusing Dsmash. Also, neglecting my Tilts also seems to happen sometimes.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
My bad habit is that I always forget to use up-tilt when the time comes, after it passes, I then realize it and I slap myself.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
my bad habit is that i kill myself from being too agressive offstage and press a wrong button

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
sometimes i glide attack instead of B-canceling and my momentum sends me off the edge

Staco

Smash Champion
I have a habid of not having the game, I am a poor european =<

but in 18 days =DDDd
I have it ^^
europe release, ftw =D

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
I have a really bad habit of occasionally using MK's Jab too much. I'm usually punished by a quick tilt, or worse, a quick smash. :ohwell:

napZzz

Smash Hero
I get locked in the jab animation sometimes :/. Or getting predictable with up b offstage so it gets dodged and then I'm edgehogged nooooooooo

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I use my Drill Rush as a recovery too much. It gets quite predictable sometimes.

I hardly ever use my glide attack, because I used to overuse it, and got punished to the point where I stopped using it.

I NEVER use Dimensional Cape.

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes, when I decide I want to try for a grab, I try like 3 more times if my grab doesn't connect the first time.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I sometimes use jab on accident, and I accidentally tend to do running grabs instead of walking ones, so I end up missing an opportunity to snatch my opponent.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
This is not much of a habit but during online matches, I tend to Up+b a lot, usually at bad times, also when gliding back to the edge, I sometimes press A a bit to early canceling the glide and causing me to fall to my doom.

This only happens when I do online matches with some lag but I still can't break the habit.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I have bad habit of accidentally gliding-> standard A. It's pretty punishable. I don't have any real problems with spamming, besides maybe neut B on heavy chars.

Protathlitis

Smash Cadet
I sometimes accidentally press the x button twice and perform a glide. Also, I jab sometimes when I want to tilt. It ain't pretty when I make those mistakes. :psycho:

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
I noticed I don't F-smash as much as I should when I use other characters.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
When I come back from my glide on battle field I glide attack before I get near the edge when an opponant is on the edge. I hit the edgegaurder but my attack makes me miss my edgegrab and I die...

And I use downsmash a little too much.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
down smash a little too much and accidentally getting into the jab animation....

To break myself away from it I have been trying to find a useful way to use Dimensional cape besides edgeguarding (which for some odd reason the cape has been working for me too well... >_>). it's helped me so far not overuse Down smash, but the accidental jabbing still occurs.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Even when it's decayed it still kills at high percents, or is enough to get them off the stage for edgeguard, so even that argument isn't really valid.

tpyo

Smash Cadet
I do a ton of things wrong with meta :p
- I guess I either hold or start mashing A when I attack out of a glide so I end up doing the standard A the moment I land which can screw me over pretty bad if someone shielded the glide attack
- I don't throw nearly enough
- I take too long to counter after blocking an attack (btw is shuttle looping out of shield a viable option or should I just stick to grabbing?)

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
ah man I forgot about that. A while ago I was always mashing a and getting caught by shields. And even mashing A and getting caught in Meta's nuetral a combo. Then someone would come and punish me. Not anymore though.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
im not mk main but i sometimes use him i have seen lots of mk mainers abuse the whorenado (mach tornado)

Amide

Smash Lord
I rarely use the tornado. But I do spam D smash and shuttle loop. But I'm not THAT much of a spammer.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
I try to shuttle loop G&W when he is using the key and get owned...

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
after using tornado once i would use it agian and again and again. Thank goodness i got over it now i use it in moderation

Top Bottom