• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back from the Dead, Who's Down for Some Sauga Brawl?

nickcam

Smash Ace
Thanks again guys for the tips and critiques on my play style. I think I can really improve my game with them. 5-10 straight games vs. Snake prolly gets tired after a while, I'm grateful for everyone's monstrous amounts of patience, lol.

I'm looking forward to next casuals!
Yea dude u've definitely improved since the last time. Your friend was also pretty good aswell. Only adivice i can give u to improve is to try and make it to other casuals/tourney to improve your game and matchup experience

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Ill host casuals this sunday again.

Anyone interested?

Tatsunoko vs capcom
Melee
SSB64
Brawl+

will be there if youre interested in any of them.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
**** yo somebody cast some teleport magic for me this sunday...

Tvc is mad dope, although its weird as hell only having 3 buttons, they couldn't have just added 1 more.... I mean really?

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Sweet, Carter with the ownage.

TvC is pretty cool...mostly because I can play with Viewtiful Joe : P
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=LmQy-VXEW1s

thank god he's gonna get banned!:laugh:
OMG SIXTY-FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUURRRRRR and MELEEEEEE

I'm down for this Sunday :D
Yes! another 64/melee player. Now we can play teams!

If Broski goes I'll be there homeboys!
Good stuff.

This Sunday huh, I might be able to make it down...can't say for sure just yet.
Well, just msg me on msn/pm me here for the address if you do decide to come.

Tvc is mad dope, although its weird as hell only having 3 buttons, they couldn't have just added 1 more.... I mean really?
There are four buttons.

MDK00

Smash Ace
i will come for tvc. i got to finally play the game a bit at a tourny. its not as frantic as mvc considering u only have 2 chars but the madness is still there. right now high level play is workin out to be corner ur opponent and always have over 2 bars (for burst aka combo breaker). wuts funny is you can combo from burst in the corner which is a bit ridiculous but yah lol. not sure about tiers too much rite now but karas too me looks pretty solid and kool, ryu is obviously noob friendly ptx is a noob destroyer (golden laten aka golden waffles is a noob destroyer too). i wanna learn cassherns jus cuz i use to think he was da **** when i wus a kid. go frienda! chun li seems to be the one of the better assists atm. she combos easiiy and allows for simple resets.

Gichan

Smash Champion
****...why does Chun Li have to be easy to use, she has been the only SF character I've used since SF II. And no Mikey, Ryu and Ken are waaaayyy gayer than Chun Li, meh meh meh meh.

I need to see this game, Broski is going so I'll be coming

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Dang, I don't think I can come tomorrow.

Carter, good **** today at UofT. I'm assuming you won it all? It's kinda lame that it was best of 1 and I SD'd, AND MK was banned without any prior notice, so I was forced to bring out the Marth without any practice whatsoever, but no johns. You're sick lol

MDK00

Smash Ace
do you guys have a ps2 converter for tvc? i wanna come play but there is no way im playin on the GC controller.
i did some beast training. who wants to go head to head w/ my karas, batsu, or casshern?!

viewtiful joe isnt all that good and that combo which i guess is realistically possible to do in a match isnt really that easy to setup. viewtiful joe is actually pretty crap. at high lvl play adv guarding completely ruins characters with short range...

right now some of the solid characters are lookin to be karas, chun li, batsu/ryu, morrigan, saki, rockman, ken the eagle.

chun has an infinite which makes her a strong char, her assist atk is also very good, very fast and i believe it retains its dp (dragon punch aka shoryuken) properties (aka invincible on start up) and as always chun has a bunch of fast pokes and a great cross up atk.

apparently chun and karas is a good team so i make pick up chun but batsu is too manly =D. casshern is like my hero (friender!). but rockman and saki look like chars i wud normally play so i mite pick up those too if i get more time w/ the game

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Thanks Anth0ny, never knew you were one of the people there.

@MDK
I use classic controller, and i use Karas & Chun li. The thing about karas, is he has great range, but not alot of mixup and no overheads, meaning a crouching block stops pretty much everything. His dash attack (which SEEMED amazing) isnt lagless at the end, which means cross up is useless. Not to mention he has the least HP in the game. I mean, half the cast has around 1.3X the HP.(Roll has more HP..lol).

And that combo doesnt make viewtiful joe broken. This does;
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=xIwnr_QfDxM

tha_carter

Smash Ace
**IMPORTANT POST**

so i found a venue for the 21st to replace GRMOs canceled tourney. Its available from 1pm to 12am, and i can rent either a room for a max of 60 people or a max of 125. (60 should be enough, given its such short notice)

Im willing to rent the place and handle that part, but i dont wanna be the TO. If someone with TO experience contacts me, we can hpefully sort something out. So if you know any organizers that wanna take the resposiblity get them to contact me.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Zephramrill, you need to tell me where you live, so I can start coming. -_-

Top Bottom