• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B4N (Battle For Norcal) June 4 downtown San Francisco

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Dang, just got back to Santa Cruz now at 3:30. Poor Teamscape is gonna be home even later than that though. I'm sure they will tell you their sad story.

Wow, first off let me thank metroidcomposite and all involved for hosting this. The setup was freaking excellent. Due to the exorbitant number of TV's I could get a match anytime I wanted, do you realize how awesome that is? I got to play a lot of cool new people because of that. Also, big thanks to Scamp for running the brackets. I myself am trying to one day be a bracket master.

Now for the players: First I must give it up to Zelgadis, Germ, and TANG for the top 3. Your technical skill never ceases to amaze. Not to mention you're all rad dudes to hang with (goes also for all of DBR).

Immediately following that, I have to give it up for Danny aka Shadow BTZO from Salinas, my partner in teams. Wow, we got 4th. Usually you talk a lot of nonsense and whatnot, but you played our teams matches plain straight up and that's why I think we did as well as we did, and that's why I had confidence you'd make the 92% life steal count. Heck yes. Glenn, thanks for coming and bringing Danny, and thanks for hosting last night for practice, it was much needed/appreciated.

BP's: We took you all out in teams, heck of good matches though. Kawn I can't believe your Yoshi beat my GW. Hella good. Snap you got some technical skill, if you learn the character matchups you got potential to get a lot better.

Teamscape: Not that you're going to be reading this anytime soon, haha. You guys are fun, and ALL of you are getting better every time. Ender/Simna, we had fun team matches. Geo, I'll solve your CF eventually, and Kev$ Luigi has to be one of the best by now. Your WD-ing is near perfect.

I think I got 9th in singles.

Zach: I used to hate fighting Sheik, now I remember why. Sheik bair destroys Jiggly. My head was in the clouds sort of that match for some reason. I hope I get a chance to prove I'm better than that sometime.

Silentspectre: Even though I lost that was probably the best set I had all day. I thought I was gonna have a rest combo on you that final stock on Mute. The whole set was extremely fun.

LunInSpectra: Nice Samus. I consider Samus to be one of my stronger matchups; you did **** good, we had close matches. Watchout for the insanity that is Game&Watch though, haha.

Zivilyn Bane, Volroth: Always a pleasure. I'll see you guys next weekend. I can see we've all gotten better.

Crazy-*** Chinese kids (I think all of you are Chinese, I forget) aka TANG, Largo, Nekurbis, and Myko: I had fun playing you guys, hopefully sometime during the summer we can play, cause I live about 20 mi N of SF during summer.

Right, HEY EVERYONE: There's another tourney happening next Saturday, June 11, in Hanford, which is about 1/2 hour S of Fresno. There's a thread about it somewhere. Anyway, I'm going, and it would be great to show them what the Bay Area has to offer in terms of Smash talent. So yeah, if you don't have anything better to do, and you probably don't because school's over, come on down.

silentspectre

Smash Cadet
yep, excellent tourney. good to kno that we had plenty of tvs for everyone to play at the same time.

imma try doing these "shoutouts" in chronological order...

GERM: haha, i got owned really badly for the first match. i think i was just warming up, but i would probably lost anyways. good job on beating Tang on singles.

Geo: i finally played u. i would say that our dittos were very close. very fun matches. keep using falcon and u will eventually beat me someday. also, ur falco really beat me on the last match.

(umm, sry forgot ur name): got a lot of matches with u. i have to say that ur fox is probably the best fox i played, i think. i cant believe i got hit by so many upsmashes. keep ur game up and u can become another fox playing in the finals. oh yea, and u had the only chance the play my ganon, and ur marth owned him. great job.

Largo: i dunno if i played u that long after the guy before, but during singles finals, u kno i played u the most. it makes me think y i dont use sheik. maybe that will be my secondary, or i could just use falcon.

--Then i think i had a team match with Largo and Ender and my teammate was Tang (sry if thats wrong cuz i really didnt kno who i played).--

Ender: again, foxes are always fun to play. whether or not they own me, its always a challenge. i should play u singles next time. i saw u beat Kurtis' link awhile back. thats good to kno.

Tang: yea, our team is pretty good. i sorta wished i could have came earlier to enter teams, but thats ok. great link as always. u almost beat GERM too.

--Then another team match with Geo and Zoap.--

Zoap: great to play u again. i dont how i would do against ur peach, but it was fun playing u in teams. yep, me and Tang are so destructive that we have to fight each other to fight u.

Mike Nasty: probably the first real match i played (first and only money match too). i seriously dont kno how to encounter samus, but i got very close. awesome match. felt just like a tourney match.

LunInSpectra: heh, cool name. anyways, ur samus is really good too. and FoD is a great stage for samus. good matches, and u beat me with fox too. also, i didnt kno u were part of Cruxis until after the tourney. u rep ur crew well, but i rep my crew well too (not really).

--Then ffa with NyTeStRiDeR, Snap, and The Game II(?)--

NyTeStRiDeR: haha, ppl dont kno ur name (for ppl who are reading this, his name is not "mystery test rider"). anyways, u kno two falcons own in ffa. theres just nothing they could do.

The Game II: i hope that was u. yep, it was fun playing with u in ffa. i cant believe i got so many double marth knees. hope to play u some other time again.

Snap: yes, u should stick with marth. its almost beat me at one time. ur probably the only marth that i didnt really combo, but u get the idea. u have gotten a lot better lately.

--Then singles started--

Gokuzen: yep, good fox. got the first shine on me in the tourney. i was almost afraid that i was gonna lose to a bunch of foxes in the tourney, but suprisingly, there were only about 4 i can think of.

Zivilyn Bane: nice to meet for the first time. good to kno that u play peach and samus. they are especially good against falcon. good matches, and practice up for other tourneys. also, i played u quite a bit after ppl started eating pizza. i didnt kno much about DI at MLG, but takes awhile to get it down right. GG.

Mike Nasty(again): what can i say? best samus i played at the tourney. very close matches except the last one. yea, i think i messed up badly on that one, sry.

SuperSkeetBro: oh man, i thought u were hero cuz ur character had hero on it. anyways, i dont kno how i played u, but it was entertaining, especially at corneria. good matches and if u happen to get into finals with y.link, thats just godly.

HyugaRicdeau: oh man, i had a feeling i was going to have a hard time playing u. i didnt think i was going to survive mute city. its good to kno that we are basically even in skill. really, either of us could have won that.

Nekurbis: yep, i kinda already knew the i would win, but i almost lost the first one. unless u wanted to play Bob$ really badly, i might have let u win. way to rep EA by losing to an EA member.

Bob$: best set i played. its like MLG again, except it was even harder to play u. cant say much now but i have a feeling that we will play again in another tourney. its always fun playing u. next time will be different.

--Then i played Zivilyn Bane, Mr. Ganondorf, Largo, and Clod for like almost the rest of the night.--

Mr. Ganondorf: oh yea, i almost forgot u! i knew i played a ganon, but i didnt remember ur name. anyways, ur ganon is the only ganon i played, and it was nice. ur sheik is pretty good also. maybe when u can beat Kurtis' shiek, then u will have a winning chance against me, cuz hes the best shiek i played at the tourney.

Clod: great to play ur falcon again. i dont kno if ur better than Geo, but u both are really good. maybe we should have done a ffa with our falcons. good matches and u beat me on the last one too.

--Lastly, i played Geo again and Kev$ before i left.--

Kev$: i didnt think there were any luigis, but yea u have an awesome one. i almost lost the first too i think. great matches, hope to play u again.

well, thats what i did on tourney day. if i forgot anyone, i will try to remember that. i would like to thank MetroidComposite for hosting the tourney and Scamp for the brackets. it would be great if we had another tourney like this.

EDIT: i think falcon needs a gun now...

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...well I only grabbed some of the total sheets of paper relating to the brackets, and in retrospect I should have grabbed every piece of paper that looked remotely important. I'll be able to get the full list of teammates eventually, though for now people will have to go off of the crew names abbreviated by Scamp:

Hepatitis C (DBR)
Dirty Money (DBR)
Hondas (DBR)
Godly Aethiests (TB)
Team Black (TB)
Black Sock (BS)
Team Bootch (BS)
Team BJ (MZ)
Mike + Zutroy (MZ)
H.A.A.M.L.L. (TS)
MnM (TS)
Pastor Boys
Shadow Hyuga
Skippy
Czars
Losers
Untitled
Aon+Goku
Sean+Kevin
Cruxis
Team 7

WINNER'S BRACKET

Hepatitis C vs Untitled
Team Bootch ---
H.A.A.M.C.C. ---
Pastor Boys ---
Shadow Hyuga ---
Godly Aethiests ---
Team BJ vs Sem + Kevin
Dirty Money ---
Skippy ---
Cruxis vs Black Sock
MnM ---
Czars ---
Hondas ---
Team Seven vs Team Black
Mike + Zutroy ---
Aon + Goku vs Losers

Round 2

Hepatitis C vs Team Bootch
H.A.A.M.C.C. Pastor Boys
Shadow Hyuga Godly Aethiests
Team BJ vs Dirty Money
Skippy vs Cruxis
MnM Czars
Hondas vs Team Black
Mike + Zutroy vs Aon + Goku

Round 3

Hepatitis C vs H.A.A.M.C.C.
Shadow Hyuga vs Dirty Money
Skippy vs MnM
Hondas vs Aon + Goku

Round 4

Hepatitis C vs Dirty Money
Skippy vs Hondas

Round 5 (winner's finals)

Hepatitis C vs Hondas

LOSER'S BRACKET

Round 2

Untitled vs Mike+Zutroy
Team Black ---
Czars ---
Sem + Kevin vs Cruxis
Black Sock vs Pastor Boys
Godly Aethiests ---
Seven vs Team BJ
Losers vs Team Bootch

Round 3

Mike+Zutroy vs Team Black
Czars vs Cruxis
Black Sock vs Godly Aethiests
Seven vs Losers

Round 4 (+ indicates new to the Loser's bracket)

Team Black vs +Shadow Hyuga
Cruxis vs +H.A.A.M.C.C.
Godly Aethiests vs +Aon+Goku
Seven vs +MnM

Round 5

Shadow Hyuga vs H.A.A.M.C.C.
Godly Aethiests vs Seven

Round 6 (+ indicates new to the Loser's bracket)

Shadow Hyuga vs +Skippy
Godly Aethiests vs +Dirty Money

Round 7

Shadow Hyuga vs Dirty Money

Round 8 (Loser's Finals)

Dirty Money vs Hondas

Finals

Hepatitis C vs Dirty Money

--------------

I'm going to go collapse in bed some more before continuing. Made the occasional typo as I was going (hopefully caught them all) so it could help to be more awake. Oh, and if anyone knows how this stuff translates into ranking numbers please go ahead and post those.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OK this is what that translates to for rankings:

1. Hepatitis C (Zelgadis + Perpetual Zero)
2. Dirty Money (Bob$ + GERM)
3. Hotness (Mike Nasty + Clod Zero)
4. Shadow Hyuga (Hyuga + Shadow BTZO)
5. Skippy (Nick [Hella] + Scamp)
5. Godly Atheists (Zoap + Snap)
7. Hurling Abuse at Mr. Crazy Cat (Simna + Ender)
7. Seven (I don't know)
9. Team Black (Kawn + Hero)
9. Cruxis (Volroth + Zivilyn Bane) <---- I think....
9. Aon + Goku
9. MnM
13. Mike + Zutroy
13. Czars
13. Black Sock
13. Losers
17. Untitled
17. Sam + Kevin
17. Team BJ
17. Pastor Boys
17. Team Bootch

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Well, my first tournament and I don't think I did too bad. Lost the first round to SilentSpectre, then beat Nick(hella), some guy with an acronym for a name, and Ender, and then lost to Kev$. I asked skamp what i got and he said I tied for 13th. Oh I wish I woulda beat Kev!! Maybe if I would have used Samus. But either way, I think I placed best out of all the Cruxis members, so I'm fine with that. in all, i think i played more people that anybody else, so if i forget anybody, i'm sorry. here goes...

SHOUT OUTS:

ZOAP: you were the first person i played. good warm up matches indeed. very close matches. you're the first good peach i've played, and it was interesting indeed.

MR. GANNONDORF: good matches with you too man. your gannon did some stuff i never seen before. nice to know you only live a half hour away! we'll definately be playing a ton more in the future. hell every weekend if you're down. hit me up on msn. distraught007@hotmail.com

MIKE NASTY: dude! our samus dittos were effing awesome. in the end we split 2-2. you won the money match though, and that's what counts. every match was last stock high percentage, and we both did amazing comebacks to win. good stuff, next time i'll be taking my 3dollars back.

NICK(hella): i know i beat you in the tourney, but i still kinda feel like you let me win. pikachu the first match? don't get me wrong, it was close, but i think you could've won if it were peach. in the second match, our peach ditto was close. i know you're better than that though, next time don't hold back.

MILK: nice doc man. i remember our matches being close. keep it up and you'll be up there with bob.

MALIX: that was you i beat in low-tier right? yeah it was late and we were all tired. next time we'll play some real matches.

SCAMP: thanks alot for beating us in teams. double peaches is TOO good. sorry for forgetting your cookie.

SHADOWCLOUD: good matches at the end when we were already half-asleep. it's fun playing when you don't know what the hell is happening. thanks for riding with me too, i wouldn't have wanted to go alone.

WILL(T/VOLROTH): good stuff in teams, but i really think we coulda beat TeamScape if you had picked sheik. the matches were CLOSE! also, you're certainly the better low-tier player. next time we should play some real matches.

ALVIN(AON): yeah you're definately better. you got some tech now, which is good. just get over you problems with peach and you'll do just fine.

KAWN: good pichu dittos man! i can't remember who won though. But yeah, you're Zelda owned me. Next time i'm bringing full force anti-Zelda skills. be ready...

MYKO: you're one of the last people i played. maybe you were tired or something, but it was still a good match. my stamina certainly held up. after 13hrs of straight smashing, i can still beat a good falco ^_^

KURTIS(NEKURBIS): next time don't be talking on the phone when we play so that when i beat you, you can't make excuses ^_^ you were the only person i beat in falcon dittos. good stuff though. i like your sheik too, it's different.

MITCHELL: congrats on 3rd man, you desearve it. also, thanks for the huge compliment. i was hoping you'd notice i got better in the midst of crushing me. ****, that one match i was up 2 stock and you still won. oh well, i'll beat you next time.

SILENTSPECTRE: well, you beat me worse than anybody, except one match i had with germ. but thanks for the DI tips. that's the one thing i have yet to incorporate into my skills. for some reason i always just forget, and watch my character get comboed to he11.

SIMNA: **** man, first ness i've played, and i couldn't figure out how to get past the **** f-airs. you beat me this time, but next time i'll be ready. i already have a plan...

ENDER: good playing you man. sorry for knocking you out, but that's what you get for spamming the up smash! **** Peach dying at 70% WTF??! Next time i'm using falcon.

GEO: hey man good falcon dittos. i think i learned a bit from playing you. i like your style. next time i'll be king of dance dash. and i'll learn how to dash grab. but yeah, i finally got my wins off you at the end. my peach was on fire those matches. good stuff.

CLODZERO: man your falcon is aggressive! you keep pressing the attack and eventually i crack. i have to get use to playing fast players like you. seems as though you got WAAAAY better since Sacramento. our matches were close then, and i didn't even l-cancel. this time you crushed me, and i'm a much better player than before. next time i'll give you some more money.

BOB$: finally we meet and play. we didn't get to play much, but we did play. i felt i played decently against you, but i could've done better. when you come down we get to play a ton, so i'm certainly looking forward to that. congrats on 4th btw.

GERM: **** man it seems like i played better against you in Sacramento. or maybe you took me a bit more seriously this time, i dunno. but ****, i'm not gonna play you ever again after you have a big match, you effin' 4 STOCKED ME!! i wasn't ready. but i played okay the other matches.

ZELGADIS: i dunno if you know it or not, but you gave me a huge compliment when you said, "pick peach, i need to practice against GOOD peaches." it made me nervious, but i think that was the best i played all night. i got you down to last stock both times, which is crazy cause my peach is usually bad against fox, especially on FD. but it's nice to play a fox that doesn't spam the up smash, ENDER AND GOKU! ^_^

KEV$: i leave you for last because you took me out of losers. if i had won i would have tied for 9th, which i think is VERY respectable for my first touranment. i two stocked you the first match too, and i think that made me over confident. i took you too lightly. next time i won't underestimate you, and i'll be ready.

SHERIDAN: thanks for the help man, you're a great dude. sorry we didn't get to play, but for some reason i thought it would be best if i tried to make the drive home that night instead of sleeping over. oh well, we'll play again soon.

to everyone else, good stuff. there's a chance i might not make it to hanford now, but i still might. i hope i get to though. if not, i'll prolly be at MonterayBayThunder6 for sure, so i hope everybody goes.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
I've got a few "shoutouts" of my own:

Kawn: I was really lookin forward to our Ganon dittos and u didn't disappoint, they were really fun. I wish I'd gotten to play ur Zelda tho.

ZBANE: I'm really glad I met u, I can't believe there's such a great smasher in this good for nothin valley. it was a privilege getting the chance to finally play such a great peach. Add me to msn sometime, I wanna play you again.

Bob$, GERM, and Zelgadis: It was an honor to get ***** by you guys (but I'm still angry my first match in Singles was against someone as tough as Bob$). Zel, you've got such an incredible Fox, I had nightmares about the pounding it gave me! GERM, you are an amazing player, I don't think I ever got more than two stocks off you, one sweet Link. And Bob$, it was a lot of fun playin u, albeit sometimes frustrating (ur Doc is vicious!).

Mike Nasty: I saved a special shoutout for you cuz it was so **** fun playin ur samus. Without a doubt the best samus I played there. Our money match was hella close and a lot of fun, but next time we meet, I'm taking my two dollars back!

MILK: It was a load of fun to play ur y link in the low tiers man. Your Doc is hella good too, someday we'll both be able to beat Bob$!

GAME II: It was a pleasure to finally meet you and I can't wait to see you at the Hanford tourney ( I hope a lot of pros go to it!). I don't know a lot of IC players, but yours are tight. Keep practicing desynching and you'll be whoopin on the pros in no time!

Zoap: Your Ganon was hella good and you're right about me needing to work on mind games. I'm wish we'd had some friendlies before singles, maybe I coulda had a chance. I'm impressed your Ganon got so many fairs off, great stuff. Next time we meet, things will be different!

Jeff: Your Falcon is amazing, simply amazing. There were a lot of stocks I didn't get a single hit in! You're definitely gonna be up there with Zel, GERM, Tang and the other finalists someday soon. I gotta practice my sheik as that's the only thing that stood a chance. I'd love to money match you with my sheik next time we play.

Tang, Kev$, Zach and a lot of other guys I didn't get the chance to play: I saw some matches of the ppl I didn't get to play and I'm almost glad I didn't cuz I'd have been *****! But seriously, I hope I get to play you guys next time. And sry if I forgot anyone, I met a lot of ppl for the first time, and they were all great matches.

And especially to metroidcomposite and Scamp: Great tournament guys, it ran really smoothly and the huge amount of tv's was great cuz I got to play a lot of great players. I hope Scamp can come and help me organize my tournie if I'm able to have one. So far I know it will be in August and in Hanford. I'll have more details by tomorrow nite.

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Singles

(and crews are my readings of Scamp's handwriting based on how he separated people)

Teamscape (Geo, Kev$, Ender, Milk, Simna, Malix)
SVubs (Zeldafreak, Smooth Criminal, IP Freely)
Woots (SNKE, CSK)
LAG (Lunin, Aon, Goku)
Zts (Zoap, Snap)
Threes (Nek, Tang, SuperSkeet Bro)
NS (Nytestrider, SilentSpectre)
News (DocPillz, Layzie, CXC)
DBR (Zelgadis, Zak, Germ, Clod, Miguel (Mike Nasty), Bob$)
Maybes (Hyuga, Sean, T, Zyvilyn Bane, Shadow Cloud, Ian)
Independent (Kawn, Myko, Brendan, Robert, Game 2, King, Shadow BTZO, Nick, metroid composite)

WINNER'S BRACKET

First round

Zelgadis ---
Zoap ---
Smooth Criminal ---
King vs Geo
Shadow Could vs Doc Pillz
NEK ---
SNKE ---
Myko vs CLOD
Ian ---
CXC vs Lunin
Zeldafreak vs Nick
Kev$ ---
Sean ---
Shado BTZO vs Ender
SUPER SKEET BRO ---
Game 2 vs GERM
Zak ---
IP Freely vs KAWN
Milk ---
Layzie vs Hyuga
Zivilyn Bane ---
Silent Spectre vs Goku
CSK ---
Mike Nasty ---
T vs metroid composite
SNAP ---
AON ---
Simna ---
TANG vs Robert
Malix ---
Nytestrider ---
Brendan vs Bob$

Second round

Zelgadis Zoap
Smooth Criminal vs Geo
Doc Pillz vs NEK
SNKE vs Myko
Ian vs Lunin
Zeldafreak vs Kev$
Sean vs Ender
SUPER SKEET BRO vs GERM
Zak vs KAWN
Milk vs Hyuga
Zivilyn Bane vs Silent Spectre
CSK vs Mike Nasty
T vs SNAP
AON vs Simna
TANG vs Malix
Nytestrider vs Bob$

Third round

Zelgadis vs Geo
NEK vs SNKE
Lunin vs Kev$
Ender vs GERM
Zak vs Hyuga
Silent Spectre vs Mike Nasty
T vs Simna
TANG vs Bob$

Fourth round

Zelgadis vs NEK
Lunin vs GERM
Zak vs Mike Nasty
Simna vs TANG

Fifth round

Zelgadis vs GERM
Zak vs TANG

Sixth round

Zelgadis vs TANG

LOSER'S BRACKET

Round 3

Nytestrider ---
King vs Malix
Shadow Cloud vs Aon
Clod vs Snap
CXC vs CSK
Nick vs Zivilyn Bane
Shadow BTZO vs Milk
Game 2 vs KAWN
IP Freely vs SUPER SKEET BRO
Layzie vs Sean
Goku vs Zeldafreak
Ian ---
metroid composite vs Myko
Doc Pillz ---
Robert vs Smooth Criminal
Brendan vs Zoap

Round 4

Nytestrider vs King
Shadow Cloud vs Clod
CSK vs Zivilyn Bane
Shadow BTZO vs KAWN
SUPER SKEET BRO vs Layzie
Goku vs Ian
Myko vs Doc Pillz
Smooth Criminal vs Zoap

Round 5 (+ indicates new to the Loser's bracket)

King vs +SNKE
Clod vs +Geo
Zivilyn Bane vs +Ender
Shadow BTZO vs +Kev$
SUPER SKEET BRO vs +Silent Spectre
Goku vs +Hyuga
Myko vs +Bob$
Zoap vs +T

Round 6

King vs Geo
Zivilyn Bane vs Kev$
Silent Spectre vs Hyuga
Bob$ vs Zoap

Round 7 (+ indicates new to the Loser's bracket)

King vs +Mike Nasty
Kev$ vs +Simna
Silent Spectre vs +NEK
Bob$ vs Lunin

Round 8

Mike Nasty vs Simna
Silent Spectre vs Bob$

Round 9 (+ indicates new to the Loser's bracket)

Mike Nasty vs +GERM
Bob$ vs +Zak

Round 10

GERM vs Bob$

Round 11 (+ indicates new to the Loser's bracket)

GERM vs +Tang

Finals

Zelgadis vs GERM

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Wow. Nice tournament. Just got back though, at 3:30 on sunday. We parked in a parking garage becuase we heard parking was going to be bad. Skip a few hours to about 12:30 when low tiers was over (I think). Geo forgot his cellphone inside the building and it was locked from the outside so we called hyuga and geo's phones hoping someone would pick up. After about 15 minutes hyuga picked up his phone and we got geo's phone back. We then went back to the parking garage where we find out that the garage closes at 11PM so it is IMPOSSIBLE to leave until 8am. We walked around SF trying to think of something to do while the bums were all around. (at this time it was 2am so the bars had all just closed) We saw hella drunk people walking around. A bum even followed us over when we started walking to the hotel we deiced to stay at and he started whispering something in Simna's ear(*_*). We then got our rooms and went to sleep until 11 in the morning becuase we were gonna get our money's worth for that place. We walked back to the parking garage and left. Later we stopped at denny's for breakfast/lunch, and then after dropping geo and kevs off I finally got back. OK enough "sad story"

ShadowBTZO: Good shiek. I dont have much practice against shieks, and I kept expecting chain grabs. great stuff though.

GERM: First match was in rainbow cruise. WTF its not very relaxing for a cruise... Anyway you won both sets. it was fun.

zivylin bane: We played some friendlies before my match with germ. You must've learned all my secrets then. The first two matches were fine. but RAINBOW CRUISE! im fine with fighting peach there but thats fighting. we played turnip obsticle course.

Teams
Hepatitis C: good games. oh well, we'll play next time.

ShadowHyuga: great games. dave's stupid rule is stupid. anyway, we made some mistakes. wasnt funny then, but when shadow threw hyuga into simna's PK thunder while he was off the edge was cool.

low tier
nek:you're pretty good with y.link, as seen by you getting to semi finals.

therat: nice ness lol

T/volroth: fun matches. the second match was fair/bat pretty much.

Metroid Composite: Thanks for hosting the tourney great place and food. thank you also for the time you put in.

Zoap

Smash Master
Translated into placings

1: Zelgadis
2: GERM
3: Tang
4: Bob$
5: Mike Nasty
5: Perpetual Zero
7: Simna Ibn Sind
7: Silent Spectre
9: Lunin
9: Nek
9: Kev$
9: King
13: Zoap
13: Hyuga
13: ZBane
13: Geo
17: T
17: Myko
17: Goku
17: Super Skeet Bro
17: Shadow BTZO
17: Ender
17: Clod
17: SNKE
25: Smooth Criminal
25: Doc Pillz
25: Ian
25: Kawn
25: Layzie
25: CSK
25: Shadow Cloud
25: Nytestrider
33: Brendon
33: Robert
33: Metroid Composite
33: Snap
33: ZeldaFreak
33: IP Freely
33: Sean
33: Game II
33: Milk
33: Nick
33: CXC
33: AON
33: Malix

So thats the placings for all of you guys to look through. There was a total of 45 of us competiting in Singles, all #'s the same are ties if you guys didnt know.

Metroid Composite: Kawn is Blue Phoenix property along wit me(Zoap) and Snap. And the two BP teams were Godly Atheists(Zoap/Snap) Team Black(Hero/Kawn).

EDIT: Beat you Hyuga ^^

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Rankings. Names in parentheses are who took ppl out of winners and losers respectively. There were 45 entrants.

1 Zelgadis
2 GERM (Zelgadis x 2)
3 TANG (Zelgadis, GERM)
4 Bob$ (TANG, GERM)
5 Mike Nasty (Zack, GERM)
5 Zack aka Perpetual Zero (TANG, Bob$)
7 Simna (TANG, Mike Nasty)
7 Silentspectre (Mike Nasty, Bob$)
9 Kev$ (Lunin, Simna)
9 LunInSpectrum (GERM, Bob$)
9 Nek (Zelgadis, Silentspectre)
9 King (Geo, Mike Nasty)
13 Geo (Zelgadis, King)
13 Zivilyn Bane (Silentspectre, Kev$)
13 Hyuga (Zack, Silentspectre)
13 Zoap (Zelgadis, Bob$)
17 SNKE (Nek, King)
17 Clod (Myko, Geo)
17 Ender (GERM, Zivilyn Bane)
17 Shadow BTZO (Ender, Kev$)
17 SuperSkeetBro (GERM, Silentspectre)
17 Myko (SNKE, Bob$)
17 T (Simna, Zoap)
17 Goku (Silentspectre, Hyuga)
24 NyTestRider (Bob$, King)
24 ShadowCloud (Docpillz, Clod)
24 CSK (Mike Nasty, Zivilyn Bane)
24 Kawn (Zack, Shadow BTZO)
24 Layzie (Hyuga, SuperSkeetBro)
24 Ian (Lunin, Goku)
24 Smooth Criminal (Geo, Zoap)
24 Docpillz (Nek, Myko)
33 Malix (Hyuga, King)
33 AON (Simna, Shadowcloud)
33 Snap (T, Clod)
33 CXC (Lunin, CSK)
33 Nick (Zelda Freak, Zivilyn Bane)
33 Milk (Hyuga, Shadow BTZO)
33 Game 2 (GERM, Kawn)
33 IPFreely (Kawn, SuperSkeetBro)
33 Sean (Ender, Layzie)
33 ZeldaFreak (Kev$, Goku)*
33 Metroidcomposite (T, Myko)
33 Robert (TANG, Smooth Criminal)
33 Brendan (Bob$, Zoap)

* was 1-2, not 0-2

Yep. That's it. Fun fun

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Good matches everybody, smooth running tournament.

It was great watching all these new styles of playing.

We should have some smashfests or something, I don't mind playing everybody again.

Heres a few shoutouts--

--When I came in--

Germ - That is the best link I have ever seen. I was watching you play at MLG SF, and you didn't do as good at MLG SF as you did yesterday. Keep it up.

Geo - Hey dude you said you looked like a kid, no wonder I couldn't remember you. You don't look like a kid at all! Your falcon is pretty good, start playing some mind games and you'll be better than the rest of the Falcon players.

Kev$ - Your luigi has some confusing moves, it's hard to predict what your going to do next. For the same as Geo's...Start playing mind games, and you'll see yourself in the top brackets much more.

Myko - Wow you really know how to combo with Falco against Samus, try to start having an aggressive-control style and you can beat all samus'.

Mike Nasty - Your tech skill with samus is better than mine! Your also a little bit more flashy with the moves, but our styles are totally different, Agressive-control and Defensive-control. I'm up for some more money matches if you want, it's more fun to play against Samus players than fox players.

Kawn - Like I said, I thought you were a noob when you didn't change into shiek. Keep up the heel of doom!

--Singles started--

CXC - Your potential with falco is quite high-keep shooting that laser, when someone complains about spam, they can't do anything about it. So keep it coming.

Ian - What a Donkey Kong, you almost beat me! Watch some Captain Jack video's with DK vs any fast faller, and I bet you will be inspired to use DK even more.

Kev$ again - Your luigi is still the most unpredictable character I have ever played! Again...Keep it up, and start integrating some mind games.

Germ again - Oh god if I beat you, I'm fighting Zelgadis, if I lose to you, I'm fighting Bob$....How about I use Samus...2 STOCKED...How about I use Fox...3 STOCKED! You really, really, know what your doing with that link. I can't wait to play you again!

Bob$ - Well I lost to Germ, so here it goes. Your doc is the best I have seen. That last round we had in the match was really interesting, for that I will study ALL about Doctor Mario's cape from now on until the next time I play you.

--And I was eliminated--

Silent Spectre - You and I have the coolest names throughout ALL of smash. Your falcon has one of the best tech skills I know since Isai and Ken. I only beat you two times out of ...10 matches? Keep it up, soon we will play again.

Hyuga - I didn't know anyone can aim Jig's Down+A so well. Your Game And Watch is just like Kev$'s Luigi. Unpredictable, keep it up!

And for all the people I forgot--How did you like my Super Wave Dash?

GGs people, I anticipate the next time we play again.

The Game II

Smash Champion
The great thing about entering a tournament where you're not expected to win a match is that you can just soak it all in and learn a lot from people who are either astronomically better than you, or just on the same level.

I took this tournament as an opportunity to just meet people, find out where my ICPs stand (not tournament ready yet) and watch some really **** good matches. Like Sheridan said, a great part of the tournament was having so many setups there, that you could get a game in against anyone anytime you felt like it.

I'll keep my shoutouts to a minimum. A congrats to Scamp and metroidcomposite for running the tourney. It was great to finally meet everyone (too many people to mention). Thanks for the pizza. The first serving was iffy (egg? WTF?), but the second helping was just too f-cking awesome.

Thanks again everyone, and I hope to see you all in Hanford next saturday (6/11). Check the "Central California Tournament" thread for info.

--GCII

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Jeeziz christ! So....what happened was....we parked in this parking garage....and the stuff got done around midnight, but the garage closed at 11....so we couldnt get the car out.
We wandered SF for 3 eternities and then slept at a hotel after a visit to a 24hour coffee shop. I had a bum follow me around right next to me....he was blowing in my ear and everything...seriously. We are hardcore; don't argue with me.

For my messages to you ppl im gonna welcome each of you to a new world of wonders....here goes

GERM&Zel: Welcome to the world of owing Simna $5 for not entering low tier...b*tches. lol

Nasty: Welcome to the world of Simna's johns.

Sheridan: Welcome to the world of Simna's worthless team tactics. (btw after we left and needed back in for Geo's phone...did you hear any yelling coming thru the windows? I yelled ZARUSUKI pretty loud.)

Zivilyn: Welcome to the world of DI.

Mitchell: Welcome to the world of the best glitch ever.

Snap: Welcome to the world of dash cancelling.

SNKE: Welcome to the world of fun dittos.(your ness has speed on him^_^)

Scamp: Welcome to the world of....oh wait....nm you're too old school to be welcomed anywhere. lol

SSBro: Welcome to the world of Ness is top tier.

Everyone else: Welcome to the world of I ran outta ideas. Fun times tho.

metroidcomposite: Welcome to the world of um....that Shrek game has a lot of bugs. you should hold another smash tournament to fix them^_^. lol

TeamScape: Welcome to the world of stupid ***** parking garages. We are now hardest core. In the ranks along with flying pirates who have guns that shoot bears that are on cold fire.

Let's do this again. Konnichiwa, b*tches.

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
Sup Everyone

I had hella fun yesterday, my right thumb's still sore! This was my first tourney, and im happy that i didn't get nervous during the tourney matches. But surprisingly i did get nervous during a casual (*Cough* *Cough* GERM *COUGH*) so yeah i enjoyed myself and improved a solid amount.

Metroid Composite and Scamp - beautifull job with everything, you guys are too cool, and the free pizza and sodas made the whole day perfect. THANKS

Matches:

Myko: Your Falco's nice man, our matches were tooooo close, i thought you were gonna two stock me on the second one. your a koo dude.

Nek: our first two matches were hella close, we both had SD's that we were mad about. And then of course you decided to **** me in our third match.

King: I HATE PUFFS, lol jk, but seriously, i have no expreience playing against them, so the moment i asked you if you play puff, and you said yes, i knew i was done for lol, good matches tho.

Simna: **** bro, your Ness is hella goood. i enjoyed the Psychic Beating it gave mine.

Kr3W?!: FREMONT!!! yeah we gotta represent our city. IP Freely, we had some fun matches, work on those IC's there good, and Falco, you improved alot from the vids that i watched of you guys, so yeah, i wasn't dissapointed. ZeldaFreak:your peach and pikachu are very impressive, keep it up. Smooth Criminal : Solid Samus bro, link was good too, and Falcon...yeah memorize the Up - B or w/e lol.

Zak/Perpetual Zero (I think):You were my first friendly match, and that was pretty close (Shiek Ditto). good warmup i gotta say. wanna play some other time.

Rob:Get a Gamecube :cool: . Good matches.

GERM: Your link was as crazy as i expected. maybe crazier haha. yeah your the one that got me nervous lol. but its all good , i had fun during those matches. Your Falco is hella crazy, and unique, you kinda play it like your link IMO, with the unusual timed wavedashes and ****, but yeah im glad i got to meet and play you. we should play again somtime towards the end of summer, after i come back from GERMany haha. I gonna play you ditto's B**** ;)

To all the TEAM matches(I was Part of Team Seven) : it was fun guys. My partner says, that we improved so much at the end, that if the tourney was today, we would've taken the whole thing :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Originally posted by ender
ShadowBTZO: Good shiek. I dont have much practice against shieks, and I kept expecting chain grabs. great stuff though.

ShadowHyuga: great games. dave's stupid rule is stupid. anyway, we made some mistakes. wasnt funny then, but when shadow threw hyuga into simna's PK thunder while he was off the edge was cool.
Yeah, our match was hella intense. I don't usually like to chain throw because I have heard alot of **** before about doing it, so I just did not want to hear anything from anyone (like that was the only reason I won if I did).

Our team match was pretty good too. That was my first team tournament, and I hadn't had too much practice with teams, so in our match I didn't do too well, but I think I'm gonna start practicing teams now.

Geo

Smash Ace
I'll skip the sad story, even though I kinda liked being lost in SF. That place looks wonderful to me, I think I'll move there someday.

Tourney was great, I had a lot of fun and I can see some promise in NorCal. Didn't do so hot this time, but whatever, I'll be back.

Had a crazy close match with KING, but I won that. Beat smooth, lost to Zel (no contest), beat Clod (my heart was pouding), lost to KING (**** YOU!!!)

First of all as always. BIG THANKS to ender for picking us up, driving our ***** there, and being patient with me when I lost my phone.

And another big thanks to Malix for paying for the hotel rooms, without you for all we know we'd be dead right now. That bum was eyeing Simna up.

Another big thanks to metroidcomposite for holding the tourney, hope you and your company got to see the competitive side of smash. You had the best set up ever. Most comfortable chairs and the most TVs ever. Thank you for the free pizza and all those drinks. Sorry we kinda left a mess.

One more big thanks to SCAMP. Tourney ran so **** smooth.

Shout Outs:

LunInSpectra: LOTS of matches with you. Falcon vs Samus the whole time. It was pretty fun.

Myko: Nice Falco, showed me stuff I've never seen before. We were the only 2 people rocking out while we played. You got your own style keep it that way.

AON: You sport the red jacket with Falco so that means you gotta beat some ***, train hard and rep that red jacket hard.

SilentSpectre: The Green Falcon. Haha. ****, I think we did around 10 Falcon dittos total and I only won the one on Kirby64. I had to ***** out and go Falco and he seemed to get the job done. I had a lot of fun playing you, you have a very clean, precise style. I think we play sorta the same (heavily rely on combos) you're just better at it than me. Let's get some more matches in next time.

(Umm unknown Falcon): You used the default Falcon and we're SS's friend. We had some good Falcon dittos. I'm glad that all the Falcon styles are different.

Mitchell AKA TANG: I'm gonna tell you all right here, right now, Mitchell is the best in NorCal right under Zel, Germ and Isai. We got some matches in early on and those we're fun as hell. Teams were fun too. Congrats on 3rd, I told you you'd be in finals.

GERM: I didn't win any matches this time around. You roughed me up the first time around but by the time we got to PokeStad the matches we're getting good, too bad we had to stop. Good job on 2nd place. That Link is just too much.

Zelgadis: Man, thanks to you I got my *** thrown in losers where I would get knocked out on my 2nd fight. Oh well, that's how it is. Congrats on 1st. Some friendlies next time.

Bob$: You know your ****, definetly DBR material. We got some good matches early on, we should've played again later in the day, that would have been hot ****.

Clod: My black Falcon bro, too bad we had to meet up in losers and one of us had to get eliminated. Very close matches, we should get some more friendlies in.

Mike Nasty: Hey, you pulled some nasty **** on me during our money match. Had a lot of fun playing you. Saw you playing with your sunglasses on, too ****ing cool for this game huh? You seemed to have a lot of fun with the megaphone too.

Gokuzen: ****ed me up plain and simple. Easily most improved player EVER. Went from shutting you out and ender's fest, to you shutting me out.

Sheridan: D throw to KNEE!! Great Puff as always. Congrats on teams. Oh and thank you so much for picking up you're phone so I could get mine.

Largo: where's the Sheik at? You only played Mario against me, but you made me laugh, it was fun. Thank you for getting my phone down to me, I am in your debt.

TeamScape: Good, good ****. You're all definately getting better, especially ender. Simna and Kev placed above me. I'm proud of Kevin and his Luigi.

ZBane: Good Falcon dittos and you're Peach was giving me problems at the end of the day. You're pretty hardcore for driving 4 hours to a tourney. Props for that.

Volroth: Finally played you, but it was only one Falcon ditto. Let's get some more matches in next time.

Zoap: You think Peach counters Falcon? I don't, haha. Great matches, we definetly had some close ones. We didn't do bad in teams vs Mitch and Jeff.

Kawn: We only got a couple of matches in but they we're good as always. Keep that Zelda up.

Snap: Didn't get to play you much either. Only 1 Falcon vs Marth and 1 Fox ditto. Keep it up, make the Blue Phoenixes stronger.

KREW!?: LOL, you guys had a little line going when you played against me. You all came very close.

ZFreak: Nice Peach, get better cause we need a good one.

IP: You play all the good characters, now you just gotta learn them.

Smooth: too bad we had to meet up in the tourney. Onnets a Falcon level though, you still put up a fight though.

KING: The Puff who took me out of the tourney, good ****. When I DIed that d throw wrong I knew I was gonna get rested. Nice counter pick by the way, that sealed the deal.

Sorry if I forgot anyone but my post is so **** big that I don't think I did.

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
I had hella fun at this ****ing tournament, for those like i played it was hella fun playing you, for those that i didnt play sorry maybe we will get our chance.If anyone wants to money match my yoshi let me know.
Got'em Coach!

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by HyugaRicdeau
* was 1-2, not 0-2
Yep, Zeldafreak won in the first round, lost in the second round, then lost when the loser's bracket did its first round (which was in parallel to round 3 of winners). I could have put up the round in the loser's bracket parallel to round 2 of winner's, but it's just a set of 12 byes.

Hmm...I should put my own thoughts on the tournament.

To answer a frequently asked question, yes this is my first time doing organization for a tournament. It's also my first time attending a tournament, and my first time playing anyone who's ever been to a SSBM tournament.

With that said, I did better than I expected. Yes, I lost every actual tournament match, but I actually won a couple of friendlies, and every match I played I reduced my opponent to at least 3 stock. Seeing as the only "techniques" I know well enough to pull off under pressure tend to be things like "use the C-Stick" right now, I'm now curious how good I could get if I trained.

GERM: I was reasonably impressed just watching your hands--the speed of entering commands was just so much faster than I was expecting. (For that matter, the lead designer was ranting about "that Link player").

Game 2: ICs were what I was using for a main (kinda) and I was rather impressed watching yours (I still need to figure out how to get more air on the f+B, come to think of it).

Scamp/Hyuga: you guys were lifesavers with the brackets.

To answer some other frequently asked questions...:

Yes, despite the fact that it looks much further along in development, Shrek Super Slam is still pre-Alpha (in other words, we haven't finalized what will go in the game, and we have a lot of time to tweak stuff before November).

Will there be another SSBM tournament at Shaba? Probably not on the same scale for a few reasons (one of which is that there will actually be office stuff on the third floor). The Producer did instruct me to get contact information for a few people, however....

Oh, and I'll get the low tier bracket up soon.

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Low Tier

Bear in mind that a bunch of people left half-way through (Scamp and DBR jump to mind; though Scamp and Bob$ at least got some matches in)

WINNER'S BRACKET:

Round 1

Simna ---
Nytestrider ---
SUPER SKEET BRO ---
Scamp ---
Milk vs G Man
T ---
Shadow Cloud vs Bob$
Kawn ---
Ender ---
NEK ---
Rat ---
Nick ---
Malix ---
Hyuga ---
metroid composite ---
Zivilyn Bane vs GERM

Round 2

Simna vs Nytestrider
SUPER SKEET BRO vs Scamp
Milk vs T
Bob$ vs KAWN
Ender vs NEK
Rat vs Nick
Malix vs Hyuga
metroid composite vs Zivilyn Bane

Round 3

Simna vs SUPER SKEET BRO
T vs KAWN
NEK vs Nick
Hyuga vs Zivilyn Bane

Round 4

Simna vs KAWN
NEK vs Hyuga

Round 5

Simna vs NEK

LOSER'S BRACKET

Round 2

(Scamp is crossed out, so I assume he left at this point)

Nytestrider ---
metroid composite ---
Shadow Cloud vs Milk
Bob$ ---
Ender ---
Rat ---
Malix ---
Gman ---

Round 3

Nytestrider vs metroid composite
Milk vs Bob$
Ender vs Rat
Malix vs Gman-

Round 4

Nytestrider vs SUPER SKEET BRO
Mlik vs Nick
Ender vs T
Malix vs Zivilyn Bane

Round 5

SUPER SKEET BRO vs Milk (forefit)
T vs Zivilyn Bane

Round 6

KAWN vs Milk
T vs Hyuga

Round 7

Hyuga vs KAWN

Round 8

KAWN vs NEK

Finals

Simna vs KAWN

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Originally posted by metroidcomposite

Round 4

Nytestrider vs SUPER SKEET BRO (If I'm reading the bracket correctly, they both left)
Mlik vs Nek
Ender vs T
Malix vs Zyvilyn Bane

Round 5

--- Milk
T vs Zyvilyn Bane

Round 6

KAWN vs Milk
T vs Hyuga

Round 7

Hyuga vs KAWN

Round 8

KAWN vs NEK

Finals

Simna vs KAWN
Something is off here...it says Milk elim'd Nek in round 4 then Nek was back in round 8....i dont think Milk and Nek ever played each other.

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
1st of all thx for hosting the tourney metroidcomposite

Geo: i was the unknown falcon player and yea those were good falcon dittos. i need to practice doing the tech chase. Don't really know if falcon or marth is my main

AON: nice falco although u need to work on the shl and edge gaurding more..... confused you with my marth wavedashing didn't I?

Bob$: only dbr player i played, i knew i was gonna lose the set but didn't think i would get u down to 1 stock wit my marth and falcon.

Myko: your falco got hella better from the last time i played it. You gotta decide falco or samus should be ur main. i dink falco

Mitchell: played with you awhile in da beginning. as always good link, playing your dk was fun got one uair to donkey punch combo on me

Sheridan: didnt get to play wit you but saw you play silentspectre. you got a lot better since zoap's smashfest.

LuninSpectral: nice samus, don't play against samus players that much. always counterpicking lvls.... at least i won on fd lol

Largo: played a lil wit you, you need to play more, pshh stop that nonsense talk about being bored with the game. its not boring as long as your playing wit someone

Snap: fun matches lol. shouldve made your name in japanese characters again..... so easily amused lol. U kept tryin to waveshine my link.............u need to work on that.

Silentspectre: sup cuzin. Yup double falcon was fun, knees everywhere. Didn't really play you but doesnt matter i play u all the time

and everyone dat i forgot or played me and didnt know who i was good matches and keep practicin

ps: my name is Nytestrider not Mysteryrider or Ny test rider....lol

The King

Smash Ace
Might as well add my two cents to all this. I've been around a while, lurking mainly, figured why not join the boards now. Anyways, the tourney was killer. My appreciation goes out to Metroid and Scamp for holding this and keeping it organized. Only beef was how it took 5 hours for Teams to wrap up, but believe me, the Sodas, Pizza, company (and the Jack in the Box within a 3 minutes' walk) more than made up for any waiting period :) .

To the matches, might as well start off where I did. Treb and Zach, I still have this feeling like you were going easy on us in Teams that very first match, but I couldn't tell. My partner just picked up this game anyways, so consider the $5 from me in teams as a gift. Wish I coulda faced off in singles for once, but it wasn't to be.

To Mike and Zutroy, that was some fun ****, close matches, wish I had a chance to friendly a few matches with you guys, but I was just too damm tired, ah well, thx for taking us out of Teams so I could get some sleep :D

To individuals, I gotta start off with my man Geo... that's one sick-*** falcon you've got there. Was lovin' those d throw to Knees (my Jiggs wasn't, but it was fun to watch), you've got those down nicely, and your guy's fast as hell to boot, right up there with Clod as falcons go. MAN, that first match was tooooooooo close, but eh, you seriously earned that one. I still got you back in fine style that second matchup though:cool: . Either way, hope to play you again sometime soon, you got skillz.

Hyuga, you've also got a nice Jiggs from what I saw. Gotta say, Jiggs dittos are uncomfortable as hell, though, but still all good stuff, you were really close. I'd of loved to of taken my Falcon to your puff to see how it stacked up, just didn't have the time right then. From the few games I saw of you, you just gotta stay a bit more active, keep on the agressive, stay right on em', and you'll be killer.

Nytestrider, that's a solid Marth, I hated playing against him, that Fsmash was always like 1/2 a second away. Very patient, good spacing, and well-rounded arials, great playin with ya, nice matches.

SNKE, I know what you mean about not getting enough practice with a good Jiggs, Hyuga was the first other good one I've faced. You play a mean Sheik and a meaner Falco, i hate that **** drill kick spike, lol. Just gotta watch out for grabs as the bird, Jiggs'll lay you to rest every time;)

I hate you Mike Nasty. (jk), man, why couldn't you use bowser or someone like that against me? Eh. Either way, very close match, I just gotta avoid that sweet dair you kept landing, and I'll own you. You've got a dead Samus walking, my friend.......

I played some other people, but I'll be ****ed if I can remember against who. I was out of it yesterday. Nice matches everyone, congrats to Zelgadis on Sweeping Teams and Singles, can't wait to play your Fox at it's prime someday. That's all, I'm out.

Oh, and thanks for stealing my dollar Clod :mad: That close match cost me a McChicken for the ride home.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
KAWN, I would love to money match your yoshi, and I'd love to have some more Ganon dittos. Too bad you live like 4 hours away. :(

Zoap, I'm callin you out! I know I can beat you sometimes, I proved it in our friendlies after you eliminated me. I'm losing sleep over how much better I coulda placed if I'd beaten you! Gah! Do you live anywhere near Central California, the valley? I gotta play you again sometime. Or add me to msn at shungokusatsu1337@hotmail.com or something.

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Simna ibn Sind
Something is off here...it says Milk elim'd Nek in round 4 then Nek was back in round 8....i dont think Milk and Nek ever played each other.
Hmm, you're right--NEK didn't fall out of the winner's bracket until much later. I'm guessing that must be Nick, since he's not showing up on the loser's bracket anywhere. *goes to edit*

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Where was Sam?
Where was DSF?
Where was Isai?
Where was AZ?

Docpillz

Smash Cadet
Well, I had alot of fun at this tourney and hope to go to more. It's a shame I'm such a shy person, so I never got to play alot of ppl here. Nice seeing krew there, but it sux IP Freely didn't get there in time to team with me:confused: oh well, maybe next time. Congrats to DBR for owning this tournament, hope I can play you all sometime. Nice seeing you again BTZO, it's been awhile and you've gotten alot better, nice job in teams, btw. Me and Layzie are looking for people to play with us over the summer so we can get better, just hit me on AIM at ludachrisver2. Hope everyone had fun!

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Docpillz
Nice seeing you again BTZO, it's been awhile and you've gotten alot better, nice job in teams, btw. Me and Layzie are looking for people to play with us over the summer so we can get better, just hit me on AIM at ludachrisver2. Hope everyone had fun!
Yeah, I can say the same about you guys too. I wish I could've played you guys in 1v1's though, melee's don't really mean too much. I wanted to test out my Jiggs too, that's why I wanted to do some 1v1's against you guys. You saw my Jiggly in the melee's, but I want to see what she can do in 1v1's. Well, I would really like to practice with you guys during the summer, my summer has already started so anytime you guys can come down to Salinas would be coo. Everyone else down here in Salinas has their last day of skoo on Thursday, so just hit up Geoff, and we could have some gatherings at his house. Or Friday we can do something. I'll hit you up on AIM though and tell you what is gonna happen. More than likely we will start having the gatherings every Friday at Geoff's like we used too. We all need to practice for Hanford this Saturday and Monterey Bay Thunder 6 (MBT6).

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
King:

I knew I was forgetting someone in my post, it's nice to see someone else who plays Jiggly well. I've been dying to find another person to compare puff notes with. Your Puff was definitely different from mine (from what I saw in, ugh, Puff dittos). You could probably tell I'm not as aggressive as you, which is why I have trouble against CF (I hardly ever beat Geo) but I do well against Sami. Where do you live? It would be awesome to play sometime. I live in Santa Cruz but am going back home to Novato (20 mi N of SF) as soon as school is done.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok i would have posted earlier but i got defly sick the next day and am still feeling like crap. i was a lil disapointed i had to leave early especially since i wasnt eliminated yet in the low tier. btw i won against nytestrider then had to forfeit to milk. i really wish i coulda stayed since i was playing extremely well with my young link. i have never been that good with him. i even almost beat simna at pokemon stadium. he completely owned me tho at dreamland 64. anyways ill say more later i feel kinda queezy again and have to go lay down :(

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
Hope you feel better fast SSBro

In a way this was even more enjoyable than MLG o_O thnx for the nIce room with lots of windows and nice floor and nice space and chairs and food and drinks and yeah =) when I first saw the red building I was like hmMM =P

Even though SATS made me late I'm glad the tournament was right after because I so failed that **** haha and melee took it off my mind. man i had to wakl to lightrail station immediately after the test and just then came a car so took it to downtown SJ and walk to caltrain station and barely mmade that one also if i missed that one I would have arrived one hour later and missed singles xD

Anyways I had hellza funa and was really relaxed ad everything was cool except I was hella coughing -_- kinda sick I guess?

Metriod Composit nice work you are so cool =)
Scamp you deserve hella too if it weren't for you we would all be destroying our own crews lol

Ender - Once again you were the coolest person there! Too bad that friendly set wasn't a money match hunh? =p actually it was too close, my link just got lucky

ZbaNe - haha sorry man that was my girl on the phone I had wanted to takl to her all day but I know you got some good s*** on me just keep practicing at speeding up your peach and as for your falcon that was nice just grab more cus that falcons best asset

Geo - What do you mean you weren't so hot, I thought you were hot i mean loook at your hair...loL jk we got some good games in and you had me but i know you know my potential >_> man where wERE you all the time though? you just pop up at the last minute XD

Bob$ - funNy friendlies HAha your cool

asbfk;asbnfns MY DADS MAKING MEGO NOW i guess ill post more tommorrow

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by SuperSkeetBro
btw i won against nytestrider then had to forfeit to milk.
Got it; thanks.

And...teams (tell me if I've misread Scamp's handwriting):

Zelgadis + Perpetual Zero/Zak = Hepatitis C
Neo + Super Skeet Bro = Pastor Boys
Snap + Zoap = Godly Atheists
Hyuga + Shadow BTZO = Shadow Hyuga
KAWN + Hero = Team Black
Scamp + Nick = Skippy
Mike + Zutroy = Mike+Zutroy
Justin + Ben = Czars
Zivilyn Bane + Volroth = Cruxis
Paul + Will = Losers
Bob + Dan = Untitled
Mitchel + Francisco = Black Sock
Josh + JR = Team Bootch
GERM + Bob$ = Dirty Money
Claudio + Miggy = Hondas
Joe + Brendan = Team BJ
Ender + Simna = H.A.A.M.C.C.
Milk + Malix = MnM
Aon + Goku = Aon+Goku
SNKE + HLE = Team 7

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Metroid, for future reference, my name is Z-I-V-I-L-Y-N
That's: zee, eye, vee, eye, el, why, in.

And just curious, is there gonna be a B4N2? *hopes*

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
B4N2!?

B4N 2...That would be a very good idea for us. Not only will programmers and tournament hosts benefit out of a second tournament, but the smashers will too. You guys could probably even raise the price a bit on registration to actually GET something out of it. If a B4N 2 happens, I am very sure more people will come than before(Many guys had SATs on June 4th). Well thats just my opinion.

-Lunin?

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
What more would the tournament hosts and programmers get out of it? Plus he already said there probably wont be another one.

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Zivilyn Bane
Metroid, for future reference, my name is Z-I-V-I-L-Y-N
That's: zee, eye, vee, eye, el, why, in.
"zee" don't you mean "zed"? </former Canadian> (okay, okay, I'll edit the old posts).

Don't expect any talk of another tournament until the game designers and testers have analyzed the data from this tournament (and speaking of which, I should download a different AIM client and talk to Zel again about the vids).

Random question for my curiocity: why is Fourside banned? I mean I find the level lame, but I also find DK64 lame.

Hmm...random things I learned from watching this tournament that I hadn't really seen before and have been trying to replicate: Jigg's U-Air -> Rest combo (Hyuga; I've just been failing to pull this off the way it's supposed to work), Grappling hook/beam into walls (surprisingly easy; I had always thought you needed to sweetspot the ledge and aimed too high I guess), repeatedly dropping and grabbing the wall (I know I've got this wrong), short hopping into a float and repeatedly d-airing with Peach (Zak I think I saw doing this?; I picked this up surprisngly quickly), G&W repeated advancing shorthop to f-air (Hyuga; I've figured out how to do the advancing short hop f-air part, but it's still a lot slower; I think I'm missing a cancel on the landing somewhere), Fox's advancing reflector combo (Zel; this looks like it's four wavedashes into reflectors, and seeing as my wavedash happens about 20% at the moment...yeah nowhere near being able to test if I'm right about that).

GOKUZEN

Smash Rookie
The B4N Tournament was awesome to say the least, with all the t.v.s, pizza, and drinks. Thanks to Metroidcomposite and all his peeps for the set up. I didn't get to play you, which would have been fun. Oh yeah where the heck did LAG come from? Lunin, Aon, and Gokuzen are Cruxis man. Cruxis was also in team games but me and Aon didn't want things to get confusing.

Eternal Assialers(Is that your new team name? I Like CTMW)
Kurtis- Your killing my minutes! Jk jk man, if you ever need an update for anything, call me up lol. So how'd you like my fox? I know you were rusty when you here, but we had good games man. Stop denying it man.

Mitchel-Finally I beat your frikkin fox and link like once each lol out of like a billion. **** man your too good. Thanks for showing Aon how to use Falco as a bad ***, that was a crazy short hop pillar. I wish you could have tried that on me. So do I still play like Masashi? That was the best compliment I ever got aside my mind games. But we'll play again. We were both tired but good thing those last sodas in the fridge kept us on our game. LoL Diet Dr. Pepper?!?!!?!

Myko-Awesome Falco, thanks to you too for playing against Aon, you got some great tech. I like your "I'll play till I die" attitude. We played hella matches, and you were killin me at one point.

Largo-Hey I bet you weren't trying when you played against me, but nice sheik man.

D.B.R.
Zelgadis-Awesome matches man, you gotta let me come over and practice with you. I think I beat you once, I forget, we played a lot of games where it was close(well some not that close) but as usual you always come out on top. Congrats on winning 1st on both man. (I must perfect my shine spikes)

Germ-Awesome matches, so you like that smile aye? I almost got your Link figured man, but I still need a lot more tech to pull it off. Zel said your Falco's good, I'd like to smash with you sometime. And yes your crew swept the tournament man, good stuff to you and your crew. Rock that Nintendo Tatoo. Why did't you go with the spikes like in MLG?

Clod-Good matches man, you got me when I did that dumb roll into your knee, twice! Hopfully you get enough cash to go to that tournament you were talking about.

Mikenasty-Didn't get to play you this time, but lets get some friendlies again sometime.

Bob$-I hella wanted to play you man, I wanted to see how good your doc is. Glad you could make it. What happened to Sam? I want his Falco.

Teamscape
Ender-Yo man your fox got better. I swear I thought my fox didn't improve that much seeing as how I can't even play Smash unless I'm at other peoples homes. But yeah, great dittos, they were fun, you are a better thrower than me. Sorry I had to 4 stock you man

Geo-(are you Nephilim?) I like your Falcon, it's weird didn't you beat Clod? And Clod beat me? lol that's like rock paper scissors. Your Falco used to intimidate me, but I played Aon's Falco way too much so he became my official counter opposite hehehe.

Simna-I like your Ness, I never play against Ness, you and your **** forward air! Haha good stuff. Thanks to you now I can beat any Ness, and thanks to Ender again for telling me how to beat him.

Milk-Nice Doc Mario, why did you change from Y. Link man? anyways both of them were nice. You should abuse your cape more when you play my fox man, you let me return too much.

-I didn't get to play Kev$ with his Luigi, we gotta play man, it was fun last time at Ender's place.

Blue Phoenixes
Zoap and Snap- good team work, you knocked us out of the Team battle, good stuff.

Kawn-**** your funny, but I didn't get to play your Zelda or any of your characters. We gotta play man, I'm waiting for your commentary

Kr3w
Zeldafreak-Good matches with your pikachu, you hella should have used him. You use him good, but you had to use Peach twice to counter my fox. Bad Idea, I've played ZivilynBane enough before to play peach safely.

Cruxis (My crew)
LuninSpectra- Good stuff man, you placed higher than me. You did the best out of Cruxis in singles(Sorry Ziv, but atleast you too got farther than me).

ZivilynBane- What you don't like playing me anymore?? Haha I wanted to see how much better you've gotten man. And you didn't play against Lunin, his Samus has gotten hella better too. Good placing in the singles and low tier man. I think we placed about the same in teams I forget, I'm too lazy to check. Hopefully we play again man. I saw you use your falcon, it's pretty good, Danny's has gotten a little better.

Volroth-Good matches man, you've gotten better with other characters, but yeah Falco's are cake to me now(that's a shout out to all the Falco's who want a piece of your commander(Fox)). Your other characters are good though man keep it up. We gotta smash again, even though you live in frikkin Belmont!

Aon-You got faster man in that one day lol. Learn that pillar like how Mitchel was doin it, and I know you'll smoke me. Practice ****it your the one with the gamecube!

Danny-wth were you?!?!! you missed out man. You would have done pretty good in this one.

Other People
SilentSpectre-**** you! jk **** your falcon's too good. I thought you were gonna beat Bob$ those were close *** games. I got you with that trick shine in the beginning, but you smoked all of my stock right after. We gotta play again man. You bumped me down to losers bracket in my first match!

Hyuuga- Your Jigz is hella good, I had to use Marth because I know you would have smoked me. Those were some long *** games, clearly I don't know how to use Marth but that was my only option. Good match against SS, if I somehow beat you I would have played against SS again!!!

Zak-Good matches. Didn't you used to use Falcon? Nice Falco, Sheik, and peach.

Ian- Haha sorry I was messin with you with my mind games before we even started playing lol. You got hella tripped out when I was almost reading your mind. LoL maybe you should have used Donkey Kong before I stopped you.

To the people I forget
.......good games
Some people I didn't know names. Like that one guy in the red shirt. No not Silent Spectre or ZivilynBane. He had glasses, and was pretty good.

"I suck, I win because of Luck" (and Mind Games)

Top Bottom