• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B4N (Battle For Norcal) June 4 downtown San Francisco

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Scamp
So is there any BART station, say, 30 minutes or less walking distance from the tourney site?
Yeah, there's one 5-10 minute's walk away--both Montgomery and Embarcadero are close.
how long do you think each tourney will last until? can you estimate how long the entire thing will last?
My old estimates were 1 hr for Teams, 2.5 hrs for Low Tier, 2.5 hrs for Singles.

That'd be 6 hours if everything runs like clockwork, 7 with breaks between sessions. ...I've been told to try and reduce the number to 5, and to spend tomorrow collecting any and all resources to do so (instead of programming). I doubt I can get things efficient enough to run in 5 hrs, but eh, lets me pick up nametags and index cards for double-blind, and so forth, which is nice anyhow. Probably plan for an hour or two after 5pm for an ending time if you want to be safe.

In other news:
*Some of the matches will be recorded (certainly the finals).
*The producer doesn't want more than a couple of people before 11am.

I P Freely

Smash Journeyman
is there a certain registration time? if i only want to play in the singles tourney, can i just show up at around 3? or do i need to come earlier and register?

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by metroidcomposite

In other news:
*Some of the matches will be recorded (certainly the finals).
*The producer doesn't want more than a couple of people before 11am.
So we can't arrive at like 8:30 or 9?? Because Kawn (aka smashmaster) is probably arriving at 8 a.m because its the only way for him to get here unless someone else gives him a ride. I don't want to be waiting for around 3 hours for the venue to open. Can me and Hyuga be one of those couple of people before 11am including Kawn? Or me and Hyuga can just reschedule but I'd still feel bad for Kawn if he had to wait for 3 hours.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Just talking to the Producer, and he seems bent on reducing the tournament time. He was talking about setting up 25 TVs (specifically for tournament use--more on the side) as well as other ideas which sound rather hardcore. Oh, and free Pizza.
If you need help overseeing several TVs/matches at a time, I'm down with that.

And free pizza YES YES. Now, just have to find a jamba juice.

--GCII

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman

My old estimates were 1 hr for Teams, 2.5 hrs for Low Tier, 2.5 hrs for Singles.
HAHAHHAHA. Thats pretty short, and this is looking to be a decent sized tournet. If anything, 2.5 for teams, 1 for low tier, 2.5 for singles. Even with that.....i think it will last longer. At least til 8 if we start at 12.

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
is there a certain registration time? if i only want to play in the singles tourney, can i just show up at around 3? or do i need to come earlier and register?
Yeah, that's fine.

Originally posted by Volroth
So we can't arrive at like 8:30 or 9?? Because Kawn (aka smashmaster) is probably arriving at 8 a.m because its the only way for him to get here unless someone else gives him a ride. I don't want to be waiting for around 3 hours for the venue to open. Can me and Hyuga be one of those couple of people before 11am including Kawn? Or me and Hyuga can just reschedule but I'd still feel bad for Kawn if he had to wait for 3 hours.
Truth be told, most of us don't get up that early. I normally get to work around 10 or so. It really doesn't help that there's a Shaba Texas Holdem tournament this Friday, either. I wouldn't rely on someone being there ultra-early Saturday morning.

HAHAHHAHA. Thats pretty short, and this is looking to be a decent sized tournet. If anything, 2.5 for teams, 1 for low tier, 2.5 for singles. Even with that.....i think it will last longer. At least til 8 if we start at 12.
If it does it does; I've merely been ordered to "try" to get it short.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by The Game II
I shall bring my copy of mario kart, just in case someone wants to break away for some MK action in between rounds or after the tourney (now THAT, I'll money match :D ).

--GCII
o REALLY game. would you like to money match me :) name ur stakes hehehe

btw i never got an answer on the parking situation. are we using the company parking lot for free or do we have to pay? or is it not even the company parking lot

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by SuperSkeetBro
btw i never got an answer on the parking situation. are we using the company parking lot for free or do we have to pay? or is it not even the company parking lot
The parking lot which we have passes for is closed on the weekend.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by The Game II

And free pizza YES YES. Now, just have to find a jamba juice.

--GCII

The closest Jamba Juice I believe is in the womans Macy's on Stockon street. Just take one floor down on the escalator and there shold be JJ and ben and jerry's.

I always go to SF cus my other house is there. Too bad I have SATs in San Jose >.< man I really am gonna be rushing to this >_>

hAHa Z-bane wait tilL you plAy mE! =)

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
kawn is still coming baby going on bart be there like at 10:00 10:30 with zoap, hero, snap, tomorrow will be fun, free pizza hell ye BUT, where the ketchup lol?

Geo

Smash Ace
I think ender said we'd leave at around 10:00 am so we will probably get there at around 12:00, maybe a little longer cause of parking.

I look forward to playing all of DBR again, especially Bob and GERM.

But the real reason I'm coming is cause of the asians!! I hear you guys are **** good so we should definetly get some matches in. I'll be wearing a black shirt with a red "eS".

Gotta play TANG again and I gotta see how I fare up with SS as well as the rest of your crew. Should be good ****.

Thanks for the free pizza by the way and 25 TVs just for tourney use? **** YEAH!!

KevMoney

Smash Journeyman
Is it ok for me to bring my n64 to this? So we could play some OLD SMASH!!!!!

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
I'm just doing the setup for the cubes we did have lying around office (getting the correct random select stages and so forth). I do have one question:

The option to turn Pause off: should it be used?

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
I just want to be sure, but when does the first tourney start? I thought I saw that singles is at around 3 but is low tier or teams gonna be before? Sorry, just doublechecking.

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
so wats the earliest time that we could go there because i want arrive early and get in some freeplay before everything starts. Sometime before 11? and if so how much before 11, i juss want 2 be there as early as possible

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Mr. Ganondorf
I just want to be sure, but when does the first tourney start? I thought I saw that singles is at around 3 but is low tier or teams gonna be before? Sorry, just doublechecking.
Teams starts at 12. Low Tier starts whenever Teams ends. Singles starts whenever Low Tier ends.

so wats the earliest time that we could go there because i want arrive early and get in some freeplay before everything starts. Sometime before 11? and if so how much before 11, i juss want 2 be there as early as possible
I'll be there at 10 maybe, but I'll be doing all sorts of setting up, and can't guarantee the third floor will be open (we're doing it on the third floor because it's currently being redone, so lots of open space).

And...status report so far is: 15 cubes from the office; 7 copies of Smash from the office. We still need 10 more cubes and 18 more copies of Smash.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a cube and a copy of smash, that's if I can even go. My parents like to leave me hanging and then give yes or no answers at the last possible second. :(

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Hate to say it but theres a 99.9% chance that I can't make it. My mom is being forbidden... Mike I was looking foward to seeing you again and teaming up with you but it won't happen. Represent Cruxis!

Sheridan might team with you, I've been hearing from lots, that his jiggs is getting real nasty in teams. Good luck to everyone, hook me up with the results asap. Theres always still that .1%

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Wow, 5 in the morning.

Looks like I need a partner now. Petition me at the tourney.

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Quick question if anyone is still reading this: do people generally prefer to play standing up or sitting down? I've been rolling in some office chairs, but it hadn't occured to me until now that they may just be clutter....

canoshiz

Smash Rookie
Well, the tournament is today.... Good luck to all! too bad I couldn't come ;_;

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
great tourney :D

eh...i actually didnt do too well in the tourney, but the freeplay games were fun haha

so first round:
won 2-1 against Nick: good peach, im probably jsut good at dittos :D
second round:
lost 2-1 against Kev$: ur luigi's good...dang im not used to playing against luigis, that upb on corneria was scary haha
second round in losers:
lost 2-0 to Goku: dangit, i should have used pika =/ lol no johns tho, good matches.

and others...

Largo: hahaha those matches were funny, i sorta wanted to play you serious tho, oh well maybe next time.

SNKE, x_cal, and people: dangg you guys are pretty good, we should definitely play more, maybe over the summer

Geo: closer matches this time! fun playing you as always

Bob$: scary doc man, it was fun playing against you, we didnt play as much as i had wished but it was cool.

rest of DBR: i had wanted to play all of you, but we had to leave early, maybe crew battle and more matches next time...

metroidcomposite: thx for holding the tourney!

dangit, i think i forgot some people, sorry if i did 0_o

but yea, overall fun tourney, sucks that IP Freely, Smooth Criminal and I had to come late and leave early...

I P Freely

Smash Journeyman
yeah, good stuff everyone, next time we go to a tourney i wanna play DBR, and crew battle blue pheonixes

hopefully next time i wont go against kawn 1st round again haha

canoshiz

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by I P Freely
yeah, good stuff everyone, next time we go to a tourney i wanna play DBR, and crew battle blue pheonixes

hopefully next time i wont go against kawn 1st round again haha
You guys should take me with you to the next tourney wherever >_>

I would have gone today, but I didn't have a ride.

Zoap

Smash Master
Just got back

Ok so yeah just got back from the tourney ^^. Got to say it was crazy fun, so i will do some shout outs.

MetroidComposite: Thx a bunch man for hosting this awesome tournament and giving us free drinks and pizza.

Z Bane: Great peach ditto, srry i kinda screwend up towards the end there but it was still omega fun playing you.

Zel: Ok well you ***** the **** outta me on fountain of dreams, at least it was kinda close on battle field though, next time stick to the plan man(lol j/k). It was mega fun playing you again and as usual fox at the top of your game. Hope we can get some more matches soon.

Mr.Ganondorf: Had fun playin u in losers bracket, ur ganon is good just need to get some mind games. Hope we can play some more soon.

Smooth Criminal: Nice Samus, was fun playing you, srry i had to counter pick battlefield on you but had to get the win ^^.

T: Shouldn't of picked marth against me ^^, i play snap's so much that my peach is trained to deal wit marths. Was fun meeting u and playing.

Bob Money: Well for some reason i always end up losing to u, whether its in teams or in singles. The first match was very good on ur part ^^. But the second match was too close. Hope we can play this friday ^^.

Nasty: Was fun doing our money match, ur samus is still as nasty as ever, keep the good stuff coming. hope we can get some more matches in real soon. (Bumper Chairs LoL)

Clod: Nice hanging wit u, keep the good C.F at its prime, hope we can get some more matches in real soon.

Geo: Nice playing you, had some real close matches and some not so close ones. Keep that C.F at his prime ^^.

Myko: Ur falco is crazy!! Was fun playing wit u and hope we can get some more matches in real soon.

Tang/Nek/Largo: Didnt get to play any of you but as always it was fun hanging wit u guys.

Milk: Fun playing with you, your doc is getting crazy good, keep that **** up.

I think thats everyone srry to any one i forgot, And i also apologize for not having any results.

Me and Snap(Godly Atheists) placed 5th in teams Hyuga and Shadow put us in losers and GERM and Bob$ took us out in losers, and i believe i either placed 7th or 9th in singles, Zel put me in and Bob $ took me out.(not too bad considering it was my 3rd tourney and i was eliminated 3 times(counting teams) by 3 DBR members(Zel,Bob$,GERM)^^.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Back from the tourney. I'll post more later. Heres the results.

Singles:
1st: Zelgadis
2nd: GERM
3rd: Tang
4th: Bob$
5th: Zach (Perpetual Zero)
5th: Mike Nasty

other than that i cant really remember right now.

Teams:
1st: Hepatitis C (Zelgadis and Zach)
2nd: Dirty Money (Bob Money and GERM)
3rd: Hotness (Clod Zero and Mike Nasty)

Its safe to say DBR owned this tournament. Good games.

I have losers bracket semi finals and finals, and the tournament finals on tape, which i'm going to upload to my comp tomorrow.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
shout out or whatevers
Mitchell:I applaud your excellence.
SS:CLOSE MATCH MAN :) YOU SEriously owedn me but i find a way to win.
Teamscape :good stuff:
DVC smashers: it was awesome seeing u there. Practice more.
BP:good stuff, kawn is crazy with yoshi and zelda psssh.
Fremont:niiiice peach.
Sheri-****!: u always get better man, almost beat SS.
Chinas most wanted:u guys are too good.
ZBANE:good to play u, man
DBR:i love u guys.
Geo and Kev:u guys are getting crazy, GEO wow man. Kev craazy luigi.
Mr.G:good stuff.

well nice tourney overall,
very fun, NO crew battle tho.
srry if i forgot anyone.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Re: Just got back

Originally posted by Zoap
Me and Snap(Godly Atheists) placed 5th in teams Hyuga and Shadow put us in losers and GERM and Bob$ took us out in losers, and i believe i either placed 7th or 9th in singles, Zel put me in and Bob $ took me out.(not too bad considering it was my 3rd tourney and i was eliminated 3 times(counting teams) by 3 DBR members(Zel,Bob$,GERM)^^.
Yeah, I remember that, that was a really good match. Sheridan is a hella good partner on teams, I can say that fo sho. Same here though with GERM and Bob$, except they put me and Hyuga in losers, and then they beat us in losers again. We had a lot of tough team matches too...I can't remember them all off hand, but I know we played Simna and Ender, which was a really good match too, **** never thought Ness would be able to compete with a Sheik and a Jiggly. I think we played Scamp and his partner(I can't remember his name) too. Good ****, I can't believe Sheridan called that life steal. I think it was them two left, and Sheridan had 2 stock 92%, and told me to take the life. It ended up working pretty good though, he called that perfect. We ended up barely winning that match (the second, we had one the first one), Sheridan and Scamp were both over 100%. As for singles:

Ender: ****, alot better than I expected, good ****. Those up-smashes were just ****ing killing me. Hopefully we can play again.

Milk: Hey ****, that's a pretty good Dr. Mario. Don't know what was goin on with the controller though...with all the spray paint and ****, but hey whatever.

Kawn: **** that Zelda was crazy man, barely pulled off dat win, and I think I only had 1 stock left against your Falco too, which was another hella good match.

Kev$: That's a crazy *** Luigi man, I'll give you props for that ****. I juss couldn't stop you from gettin back to the stage...hopefully I can play you again too.

EDIT: I think for teams me and Sheridan got 4th, and for singles I got like 13th or somethin like dat.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Good Sh**...

Good Sh** to everyone.

Trebor/Zelgadis: You my boi, you were the better smasher today, I'll give you that, good sh** bro, d** you got hella money.

DBR: Nice job guys, it's safe to say that we buttraped this tourney.

Tang: 2nd best Link man, you da man, you're my little padowan learner, that was the best Link ditto set I've ever had, every match was close(except the first one). But keep that sh** up man, and good job against Zelgadis, he doesn't lose Fox dittos to often, atleast you beat him once.

MetroidComposite: Mad props on the running this thing with Scamp, it ran super smoothly. We'll keep in touch, anytime you have any questions or just wanna talk smash just hit me up on AIM or PM me aight. AND THANX FOR THE FREE PIZZA MAN, that sh** hit the spot.

Teamscape: Nice seeing you foos again, all you guys are tight, even Simna aka Mr. John, hahahaha. Keep working that Ness man, you're getting crazy. Geo, good sh** once again my friend, had some good friendlies with you, keep it up, your falcon is dope. Ender, you my boi, you're my favorite Teamscape member, I don't know why, you're just a funny dude, good matches, your Fox is getting a lot better and faster. I was watching Kev$ play and his Luigi look pretty fu**ing scary now, he'll be the best. And one more shout out to Milk who plays with the most Hagard controller known to man and still does pretty decent.

Cruxis: Nice seeing you again Bane, I've always liked playing Peaches, we're coming to your place sometime soon, so get ready yo. Gokuzen, you da man, had some good matches, you're Fox is a lot better than the last time I played you, you always seem like you're in a good mood, I like that about you, always smiling and sh**, hahaha, I'll see you soon man. Volroth, I didn't get to play your a** this time around, but we'll get a lot of matches in next time, your Sheik looks sexy though. Is that Lunaspectre guy in your crew? He's pretty good, doesn't talk much, but his Samus isn't bad at all.

SNKE: Nice a** Falco I must say, sorry we didn't get the million dittos in, but we had some good matches eh, nice Sheik too, good technical skill on that Falco though.

Sheridan: Always a pleasure to see you man, as usual, teams was hella fun. I might go to the tournament this Saturday with Bob$ if I'm not doing anything, Jiggs is crazy.

GameII: Good set man, you're IC are pretty dope bro, just need to get a little faster and you'd be up there with the big dogs. But that match on Yoshi Story was close, you were sweatin' me man, good sh**.

Blue Phoenixes: Kawn, you're the funniest mother fu**er I know, you gotta come down sometime during the summer so we can kick it, you're hella fun to hang around. I didn't get to play your Zelda foo, but it looked pretty dope from what I saw, Ganon dittos were hella fun too. Zoap and Snap, you guys actually make a pretty d*** good team, not bad at all if I do say so myself.

SilentSpectre: even though you don't talk much, you're a funny dude, I like you. I saw that set between you and Bob$, that sh*I was close, you almost had him man. We had some good matches too, that Falcon of yours is hella good, but Link>>>>Falcon, AND DON"T YOU FORGET IT!! hahahaha, j/k, but seriously though...

Krew!?: I didn't even get to play any of you guys, haha, but yeah, we'll crew battle next time, and we'll crush you, but it'll be fun, hahahaha, j/k. but seriously though....

Everybody else I played: Good sh**, had a lot of fun, now you know first hand who the Hylian Nightmare is bit**es, it's the Mother Fu**ing GERM, and I'll f*ck you up, high tier or not(except Zelgadis, b**ch is too good), hahaha. But yeah, mad props to the rest of Norcal, keep improving yall, we're putting Norcal back on the map. We need to have another one, B4N2, the setup, amount of TV's, cubes,and games, the location and space is too good for B4N to not become the next TG, There were 25 TV's and cubes all together, and the setup was hella nice and roomy, that's just effin' nuts, and not to mention the free pizza, TG only had like 10 tv's in a crowded *** room with like 150 dudes. Ok i'm done with all my shout outs, DBR came, and we conquered this sh**, good job to everyone, keep playing, keep improving, Next Stop, FC3, and we're gonna fu** up the EC for Norcal, GERM oUt...

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
I've got the brackets and will post them in full tomorrow when I'm recovering, but I'll give the result for low tier now:

Simna.

(KAWN second; finals looked almost close from the sidelines actually...Yoshi Egg baseball asside >_>).

And yeah, I'll have the rest tomorrow.

Top Bottom