• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B4N (Battle For Norcal) June 4 downtown San Francisco

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
I don't money match you Nasty but I friendly Samus ditto you! the power of leeeeeerooooyyy jenkins will prevail. I don't know who leeeeroy jenkins is but it was apparentely a big topic on the hub last night. I CALL OUT EVERYONE THAT HAS NOT PLAYED ME YET FIND ME OR I WILL FIND YOU, I HAVE MY LIST. KAWN SAID HE IS USING ZELDA FOR SINGLES I THINK HES CRAZY BUT OH WELL.

Random quote time!

PADME: Oh Volroth.... Hold me . . . like you did by the lake on Naboo, so long ago . . . when there was nothing but our love ... No politics, no plotting ... no war. Yes that was an actualy quote from SWEPIII including the "Oh Volroth" part

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Originally posted by Volroth
PADME: Oh Volroth.... Hold me . . . like you did by the lake on Naboo, so long ago . . . when there was nothing but our love ... No politics, no plotting ... no war. Yes that was an actualy quote from SWEPIII including the "Oh Volroth" part
WTF? SPOILER!!! you ruined it for me.

Ill bring my camera. thats all for now

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by HyugaRicdeau
Batteries, MOFO, Batteries.

Who's my teammate?
I would be if my buddies from Cruxis aren't coming, I guess it would be better for me to team with my crew and represent.

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, I shall bring my copy of mario kart, just in case someone wants to break away for some MK action in between rounds or after the tourney (now THAT, I'll money match :D ).
SMK or MKDD? (We may already have a copy here--fairly large game library).

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Re: Money Matches?

Originally posted by LunInSpectra
I'll money match any samus player for a few $. PM or something.

Oh yeah Volroth, Bane, these guys are going
Alvin
Ron
Danny
Rey | LunIn
^
||
||
||
I'm that guy, the Samus.
So basically 6 From Cruxis.
6 People from Cruxis?? That's awesome! I didn't even know we had six people! Who are you Rey? Are you Danny's friend? The one Samus I played the day before I moved away? I heard you got real good man. We'll have to play again. When did you hear from Ron and Alvin? I didn't even know they still played. That's certainly good to hear! Also, I'm bringing a couple of people from central cali, but of course, they're not part of Cruxis. They're part of my other crew, 6 Dudes with Attitudes. But, seeing as how I gotta keep it real, I'll be teaming with Cruxis members all the way!

Will: You and I in teams? I think it'll be an easy win...

Ender: Bringing the camera? Good, make sure you record some of my matches against Geo. But, you are only allowed to put the ones on the net that I don't get brutally ***** in. Deal? Deal.

MikeNasty: Longtime no see man, Samus ditto? 3 bux?

Geo: Don't forget, you promised me some Falcon dittos ^_^

Nekurbis(and friends): I'll be looking forward to smashing with the funnest people on the planet again! You asians are **** funny. Too bad Joseph quit, that guy would shout out some random *** things. Kurtis and Mitchell and Largo especially, make sure we get some friendlies in OR ELSE!!

GERM(or zel): Hey, I need to know if you guys can house me and a couple of friends saturday night. I'm probably not gonna wanna make the drive back, so i was hoping you could house us. If not, can anybody from Cruxis house us? Thanks.

Looking forward to seeing everybody there!

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
sorry bro, my parents wouldn't let me house you, i'd do it if I was living myself though. Alright Mike we will team, easy win it will be...

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Originally posted by The Game II
People,

Do not take that quote directly word for word. That quote makes it sound like BTZO and I are the two best players in Salinas, which is by far not the case. I'm going to better learn my characters and get some live action. Anyway, I shall bring my copy of mario kart, just in case someone wants to break away for some MK action in between rounds or after the tourney (now THAT, I'll money match :D ).

--GCII
Well technically it is half true. The best players around here are me, Gimcy, Tony and John (talking directly to The Game II, because right now we are unknowns). And Tony and John have pretty much quit. Also I don't know how good you are right now either. But I will be representing Salinas, I am not saying that I am good or anything (far from it in fact), but I am saying that we will be playing for Salinas. Us 4 (me, Gimcy, John and Tony) have been to tournaments around here, and have more than proven ourselves (in this city), so yeah...

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
well people it seems that i will be at tourney early like 8 o clock hopefull people r there lol, thats the only way i can make it, parents have business to attent

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
So for cofirmation purposes are the entry fees

Singles -- $10
Teams -- $5
Low Tier -- $5

And is the schedule still

Low Tier --> Teams --> Singles

Me and Hyuga are gonna be there around 8:30-8:45

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Volroth
So for cofirmation purposes are the entry fees

Singles -- $10
Teams -- $5
Low Tier -- $5

And is the schedule still

Low Tier --> Teams --> Singles

Me and Hyuga are gonna be there around 8:30-8:45
Teams --> Low Tier --> Singles.

And as for arriving at 8...egads, the earliness :crazy:. I can't guarantee that anyone will be there to unlock the building that early.

The one thing that remains unconfirmed, actually, is how the winners will split the money (suggestions have ranged from top 4 to top 2).
MKDD , but if you have it already, then I'll just bring a memory card.
Hmm...looks like someone has the library version checked out at the moment, actually, so probably bring it to be safe.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully it will be open when I get there... it should be open at 9 pm the LATEST, us smashers want to get our smash on. Please talk to the staff about opening the doors early. Or ask security to open it, I dunno.

Zoap

Smash Master
Due to the amount of ppl

due to high amount of ppl should be top 3-4, i personally like top 4. also for top 4 pot split like this: 1st:50 2nd:25 3rd:15 4th:10, all percents btw.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Bane, sorry man, i found out that neither me or GERM can house you on saturday. Sorry for the late notice.

The Game II

Smash Champion
In the major smash tournaments I've seen or read, the most common distribution is 70/20/10. In my tournaments, I do 50/30/20. In any case, it should be top 3 IMO.

--GCII

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
No, that doesn't sound good at all.... how about... you and me split the money so we can both be happy?

Any ideas on how big the totaly pot will be?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Zel, it's cool man, i talked to Sheridan and he said he could house me and my guys. We'll just have to drive back a little bit.

But yeah, Metroid, when does the tournament start?? i'm planning on getting there at like 11am. i hope that's not too late. Also, prizes should be split like Glenn said, 50-30-20. I dunno I've always liked that way.

ShadowBTZO, make sure we get some matches in man. I want to see who I'll be up against at MBT6 this year. I'll be the short buff white kid with the big head.

looks like MikeNasty is afraid to money match me... ^_^

The Game II

Smash Champion
If singles is the main event, then I'll try to be there about 12:30 or 1 p.m. just to hob-nob and what not. I'll get a couple games in for practice before I take my 2 losses.

--GCII

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Originally posted by Nephilim
Price money should be 70/20/10.

What's the real incentive to win when you don't win that much more than 2nd place (or 3rd even).

That way we'll know who really wanted to win the most.

Let's see. Estimated 50 people or so, so 500 dollar pot.

50 percent of that is 250. 70 percent of that is 350.

30 percent is 150. 20 percent is 100.

I personally don't know of many people who would enter a Smash Brothers tournament and would try hard to win 250 dollars more but not 100 dollars more.

"You know, I woulda tried, but 100 dollars just isn't worth the effort. You know, the effort of playing video games."

Face it, that logic about money differential is just silly.

The only reason people wouldn't put out full effort is if they agreed to split the pot between them beforehand. Has this ever happened? Well....um....

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OK, I think 60/30/10 is best: 1st gets twice 2nd, half again of 2nd + 3rd, and 3rd basically gets money and expenses back.

Also I might be bringing a guy from Santa Cruz with me. I played him like in November or so and he was about as good as me then. He has hardly played since, so he's probably about that level still...so...I guess as far as I know he's still the 2nd or 3rd best in SC (Unless Recipherus still plays).

I might team with him but I'd like to team with someone good that I know of, cause I think I actually do alright in teams and I'd like to have a shot at placing well in teams. Trust the Puff.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I know I forgot to ask this, but is there any restaurants nearby the tourney site? Are they all BK and stuff or is there like a Jamba Juice and Quisnos?

--GCII

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Zivilyn Bane
ShadowBTZO, make sure we get some matches in man. I want to see who I'll be up against at MBT6 this year. I'll be the short buff white kid with the big head.
Ok sure, if I don't see you then I'll just have Sheridan point you out. I am hella curious as to who I am gonna play at MBT6. I want to play anyone though. I have heard alot about you guys from Sheridan, and I want to see for myself too how good you guys actually are. I'll be most likely wearing Ecko, and I am kinda short, about 5"8, and am most likely gonna be the youngest one there (I'm 15).

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Hyuga, if you are interested I can ask Uraj or Malix about teaming with you. Tell me if you're interested.

About prizes: I like the 60/30/10 idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if the hostskeep some for the sake of whatever. It may end up as 50/30/10 or even 60/20/10.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
The reason I don't like the 70-20-10 is because oftentimes the second place person isn't that far off from the first place person, in terms of skill. I mean, say the guy that gets second only loses to the guy that gets first, and now he has to suffer losing that much money over it? I think having a 50-30-20 is a good incentive to get EVERYBODY to try harder, because of course, most of us think Isai is gonna win. Who's gonna try REALLY hard to get third place, if they're only just going to get their entry fee back. If we split the pot more evenly, I think it could even give the tournament a better outcome. More people will be willing to travel to a tournament that gives 150 to third place rather than 50. Just my opinion...

ShadowBTZO: LOL! SHORT?! Dude, i'm 18 and i'm only 5'5". You should be very happy to have broken the five and a half mark!

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
But yeah, Metroid, when does the tournament start??
12:00, as mentioned in the first post (we'll be doing set-up before then--heck, we haven't chosen which of the three floors to use).
but I wouldn't be surprised if the hostskeep some for the sake of whatever.
The only real request by the Producer is that Shaba employees don't have to pay the entry fee. That could end up being 10%ish, in practice, though last I heard he's also organizing refreshments and free games to hand out...so it probably balances.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
ShadowBTZO: LOL! SHORT?! Dude, i'm 18 and i'm only 5'5". You should be very happy to have broken the five and a half mark!
Haha, yeah, I guess, I still consider myself short though.

Sheridan: I would be willing to team up with you if you want to. It's completely up to you, it looks like you have a lot of people willing to be your partner. Remember though, if I am your partner it is your choice what character I use. I have alot of different characters, so if I am your partner for it, then just choose whichever of my characters you think we will do good with. I know how dangerous you are on teams, I've experienced it too many times. Also, Sheridan, are you going to be able to make it to our gathering tomorrow? I'd like to have one last day of good practice.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
Ok so my crew will be there and we can't wait.
Our crew is no longer China Towns Most Wanted(CTMW) but Eternal Assailers(EA). no not EA games xD
The crew consist of:
Tang
Myko
Jeff(silent spectre)
Largo
Kurtis(me)

Anyways I will be taking lightrail --> Caltrain --> SF right after my SATs and the transportation is gonna take awhile....
Hopefully I can get there by 3:30? Just dont start singles without me =p but seriously metriod composite do you know around when singles will start so I have some reassurence that I will even make it? Thanks

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Okay, it looks like I'm going to help with the brackets so I'd like to say this...

Be on time.

If you're late, there may still be spots open in the first round for you and your friends to join in, assuming the first round is still in progress. However, if I have to fit you in because you're late I'm not going to have much control over whether or not you'll face your buddies early in the tournament.

So be on time.

And bring me a cookie if you want to be nice.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
whats the parking situation. i would like to know because if its like 10 bucks for the day or something id rather just take the bart station all the way over. also when is the earliest i can show up and when does the first event start? im sure these quesitons are answered but i dont feel like reading 27 pages of thread to find them.

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by SuperSkeetBro
whats the parking situation. i would like to know because if its like 10 bucks for the day or something id rather just take the bart station all the way over.

I don't drive to work myself, so I have no clue. Asking around the office...the response I got was: "probably $8 or $10 for one of the garages, though the close one is closed on the weekend, but you might be able to find street parking."

also when is the earliest i can show up and when does the first event start?
First event (teams) starts at 12:00. I'll have to ask for earliest possible time to arrive, though there will probably be people setting up by 10:00 or so.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Metroid: FREE GAMES??!! He11 yeah, kick some down my way man.

Scamp: You're cookie is on it's way ^_^

Kurtis: You gotta introduce me to SilentSpectre. I hear he's pretty **** good...

metroidcomposite

Smash Apprentice
Just talking to the Producer, and he seems bent on reducing the tournament time. He was talking about setting up 25 TVs (specifically for tournament use--more on the side) as well as other ideas which sound rather hardcore. Oh, and free Pizza.

The moral of this story is: Cubes and copies of smash--bring them if possible.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yo, mc. I think the man wants to know if it is possible to BART over there instead of driving.

So is there any BART station, say, 30 minutes or less walking distance from the tourney site?

Top Bottom