• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<b><span style="color: #00CC00;">Brawl & Melee:</span></b> London Gaming Con 2011 - D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
20+ entrants for Brawl... if you think you're gonna get loads of random expo scrubs don't get your hopes up too much, it was hard enough convincing mcm expo players to do a tourney with £1 entry fee, what makes you think you will get lots of random players paying £5 when they see the level of competition they'll be up against. Deluded much...

Out of ConTrolls is gonna be way better, I'm confused as to why Europeans are going this **** over that.
This is what someone who feels left out sounds like :troll:
some may end up going to that too. and this isnt just a smash tournament, its a big ol' convention, with various game music composers performing and many other game tourmaments, its a bigger event, just not when taking only smash into account

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
Looks like we will have to give up on housing.
LGC staff offers the opportunity to get a bed in a dorm at the Dover Castle Hotel,
not that far from the venue. It REALLY is the cheapest option you have as of now.

These are dorms of 8 beds, we thought that it will be cool if we could get at least 8 smashers together in the same room. Like this, we could do a mini-smashfest
during the night.

Currently, myself and Blubolouis will be at the Hostel from Friday evening to Monday.

If others are willing to join us (I mostly think about other Europeans), just post and I will notice it to LGC staff.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
I havent payed online and i also wont be paying £10 each day, i dont have a paypal account (it takes 2-3 days anyway) so its too late :(. If someone does it for me ill happily give them £15 on the day.

:phone:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
basically if you dont pay before the 20th November online you pay £7 each day instead of £5

People clearly arent reading the first post

ITS £10, this pays for both days (NOT ONE)

Otherwise its £7 a DAY from the 20th November

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Since this seems to become stacked and the time is rather convenient for me I will talk to Lp and maybe other austrians about attending this.

Edit: Brawl should have a 10 minute timer btw. Holland has already implemented it, it's 99% guaranteed to be implemented in Germany and most of EU is in favor of increasing the timer.

:059:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Since this seems to become stacked and the time is rather convenient for me I will talk to Lp and maybe other austrians about attending this.

Edit: Brawl should have a 10 minute timer btw. Holland has already implemented it, it's 99% guaranteed to be implemented in Germany and most of EU is in favor of increasing the timer.

Disgraceful, matches should never go on this long!

Melee forever

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh my, i didnt see that happening
i dont think uk will be doing that though, for now anyway

also gheb im honoured that you decided to quote me in your sig :B

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
The reason that a 10 minute timer has been implemented is to stop camping. With a 10 minute timer it will prevent a player from actually aiming to win by timing the other player out. I think it should stay at 8 minutes for this tournament though, after 2011 we can change it to a 10 min timer.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Europe or even UK dont ever get any timeouts anyway, were known for being over-aggresive.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
na i think you'll just get people camping for 2 minutes longer
This is the entirety of the 'Against' arguement in a nutshell

I'm on the fence about it though, if someone is truly aiming to time someone out then theyll probably try it regardless of the timer. but the extended timer means its less likely to succeed.
you cant tell untill you try it, but we dont need it here anyway

Europe or even UK dont ever get any timeouts anyway, were known for being over-aggresive.
over-aggresive?
i call it fun

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
To those who did not find housing :

There is an entire 8-bed dorm available at the Dover Castle Hotel
me and Blubolouis will be there as of Friday 2nd.
We can ask the staff to be put together in the same dorm,
and so we could organize a mini smashfest among smashers.

Tell me if you're intersted !

EDIT : Deadline for bookings is TODAY, 7pm. They will not be able to offer beds anymore after this moment

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm interested, Dueler. Can't say for sure if we're going yet but if we manage to get there we'd definitely be down for it.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Couldn't figure out how to pay so I'll do it there.

My family are going to visit London that weekend (and Liverpool after) so I'll just sleep in the hotel with them. Still if there's a Smashfest somewhere in Friday I'd love to go, as I haven't been able to play for a long time and need to get some training.

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
It would be good if our tournament was to get some International interest as well.

Our tournament will have a bigger turnout on the Brawl Side undoubtedly anyway

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313010

Still people should go to both though :)
I'll definitely attent this one if someone can house me Saturday night

@Marcbri : I'll tell you if we manage to organize something in the dorm, give me your phone number, so I can contact you easily there

EDIT : Does anyone in London plan on organizing a smashfest Friday ? :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

@Marcbri : I'll tell you if we manage to organize something in the dorm, give me your phone number, so I can contact you easily there

You would get housed :)
Just post something in the thread closer to the date so we can officially organize it. :bee:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace

I can definitely find you housing. like prof said just post in the thread either someone will get back to you or i could find someone for you.

oh but you have to bug me about it or else i will forget, plus I'm sorting out so much for the out of con'trolls' tournament I'll already have a lot on my plate to deal with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom