• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.e.a.s.t 3

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
Doing my bEst to make it here :)

E: meaning that I'll be there if I don't face some unpredictable issues with school or something and I can make it to same ride with other finns. Qtio is also very likely coming

:phone:

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I was pretty hype until I saw the "not gettin high" stuff.

I'm very comfortable with the fact of not smoking in a public area, that's common sense, but I'm not confortable with people telling me how to behave out of this public area, as I'm a grown up.
And as a matter of a fact, I played all my tournaments since 2005 being high as ****, and yeah, I never killed anyone or ruined the mood yet.

This "don't get high even if you're smoking outside" rule is stupid in my opinion.

As a consequence, I hope u guyz will be enjoying your tournament :)

Cya.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's the venue's rule and not ours. It's a public school. Plus we get it for free.
If that's what's keeping you home, if you can't go without for a few days, then too bad and I feel sorry for you.

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's copy pasted from an old thread. As soon as I and Armada can get in touch to discuss the final things, I'll get up those threads too.

And as AJP said, it's the venue's rules. If you can't live without alcohol or drugs or w/e for a few days then you might as well stay home :)

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
XD thank you anton, but you don't need to be sorry for me, I can live with that :)

I hope I haven't been misunderstood, as I'm not sure my english is that good.

I really have no problem with the fact u can't smoke/drink at the venue, it's a rule everyone has to follow according to laws etc etc and I understand that pretty well.

What I don't understand is why, according to the ruleset, someone that has been smoking somewhere else can be fired from the tournament coz he's high.

And I'm really sorry also that every non smoker thinks that I CAN'T live for a few days without smoking.

Sure I can, I'm an addict but not a stupid person, it's just that I don't want.
It's a pleasure for me, and I always associated playing smash and smoking weed (since I started playing in 2005).
Some people like to listen to music while smashing, I like to be high.

I do not intend to bother anyone while doing so, I've always been respectful about non smoking people and aims to be as respectful as I can be if I ever come.

But please guyz don't force me to do something I don't want.

Beat!

Smash Master
What part of "it's the venue's rule, not ours" didn't get through? It's a public school building. Those tend to have pretty strict no-drugs policies, y'know.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
What part of the "i get the no smoking in venue rule but not the part where u tell me what to do outside of it" don't u understand ?

I mean if u wanna go into a debate, you have at least to know what was said be4.

Nevermind, I'm not gonne debate with the whole swf about that.
I'm giving my opinions to the TOs and they can do w/e they want with it.

And my goal was never to argue with anyone, so I'm not gonna do it.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
He said he'll still go to/hold tournaments, but will he be TO-ing the entire time or will he actually play? Sorry, a part of me still wants him to play, but it's alright if he's made up his mind.

Beat!

Smash Master
What part of the "i get the no smoking in venue rule but not the part where u tell me what to do outside of it" don't u understand ?
Dude, the answer to that question is literally the same. This is an amazing venue that we get for free, and because it's a, and I reiterate, PUBLIC SCHOOL BUILDING, they have a strict no-drugs policy, which means it doesn't matter if you smoked it somewhere else or not. They don't want people being high while in there. This is a VERY reasonable demand, especially considering they don't even charge anything for the venue.

I'm giving my opinions to the TOs and they can do w/e they want with it.
See, this is the issue. It's not the TOs' fault. They can't do anything about it. I mean, they could be anti-drugs as well (I'm not actually sure), but it doesn't matter, because they have to comply to the rules of the people lending out the venue.

Ever heard the expression "don't shoot the messenger"? Because that's what you're doing right now.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I feel like ur second post was less aggressive than the second one :)

I'm ok with all that.

And I still insist on the fact I didn't want to look like an ******* or w/e, Internet is bad for expressing tones, but I never meant to be aggressive or something.

Beat!

Smash Master
Yeah, I get it. Sorry if I came across as aggressive. Just didn't want Lolex and his staff to get blamed for something they have no control over.

's all good.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I got a huge respect for TOs.
I never meant no disrespect, anyway, if I'm attending I'll respect this.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I'll be there 80% sure
Will there be a Project M Event?
**** university. I can't be there :(
But thanks to university I'll probably be in Uppsala for about 10 Months starting in october. So I still get a chance to attend some swedish tournaments.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Also, personally I hate smokers. Not the ones that "behave", but the ones that think it's OK as long as you do the deed alone. Having someone sitting next to me who has smoked during the last half an hour completely destroys my game.
Yes I know it's a huge problem for me even walking outside, but I at least prefer to be free of that stuff during an indoors tournament. It's not just the smoke, which you can keep far away, it's the smell that sticks with you for far longer than most people can even detect.

You can skip showers for weeks for all I care, but don't sit next to me half an hour after you smoked =). Though people seem to enjoy my sudden "someone in this room has been smoking" reaction in the middle of conversations...

SgtFive

Smash Rookie
I am interested, but, as I am short on money, I can probably only make it if there is a house or place to sleep at. Until that is announced, I will remain as a maybe.

I hope that there will be plenty of lowly amateurs like myself...

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, BSeeD, I understand that you don't like the rule. I also understand that you wont be worse then anyone else if your high, but rules are roles and I've thrown out EK himself when he was drunk at BEAST 1 and I'll stick to it.

RJ, I havn't spoken to him much since APEX, but I do believe he will play in the tournaments. How serious he will play is another matter, and I highly doubt that he will practice hard before it.

SgtFive, we have the venue for 5 days so that people can use it as a housing place pretty much, but if people wants/needs housing before and after, I'm pretty confident we can fix that too.

SgtFive

Smash Rookie
SgtFive, we have the venue for 5 days so that people can use it as a housing place pretty much, but if people wants/needs housing before and after, I'm pretty confident we can fix that too.
Well awesome. Count me in!

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I'm in also. If someone could house me for one night after the tournament, it would be greatly appreciated, because my flight is the next day

Vegard

Smash Lord
okay, any tentative schedule in the process?

I'm only able to be there saturday/sunday, and hopefully the Melee tournament in its entirety will be run during those two days right?

Bose

Den lengste kølla
3DS FC
5086-2001-6359
Very interested! Expect to see me there!

- TheBose

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
@Ajp : Excuse me if you feel offended, but yeah, that's only ur problem ^^

One of the things I hate most in tournament is dirty people not taking a shower for 3 days.
I personally find myself next to smelly people in tournament all the time and I hate that, but, even if cigarette smells, dirty geeks smell more.

I know I'm not the only one feeling like that, I know a lot of people that already felt disgusted by the smell of the person they played against, but yeah, u can't really complain about this, or force people into taking a shower. :p

@Lolex : Don't worry I got it, and if I ever attend I'll follow the rules gladly :)

Armada

Smash Lord
BSeeD: I really hope you end up coming anyway. Like Beat/others explained it is nothing we can do against it =/

You are a cool guy though so would be fun to see you again!

RJ: I will not attend any of the melee tournaments at least. I know me/Lolex were talking about maybe having a SSB/Project M tournament (will talk with him this week) so maybe I would enter one of those cause I don't really care about either game.

But I will work as a TO for this tournament so don't expect to see me play melee or something.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
BSeeD: I really hope you end up coming anyway. Like Beat/others explained it is nothing we can do against it =/

You are a cool guy though so would be fun to see you again!

RJ: I will not attend any of the melee tournaments at least. I know me/Lolex were talking about maybe having a SSB/Project M tournament (will talk with him this week) so maybe I would enter one of those cause I don't really care about either game.

But I will work as a TO for this tournament so don't expect to see me play melee or something.
LOL and Mango is coming over to play you too. Too bad he won't get a chance to play you in tournament. Ah well have fun! I hope the tournament runs very smoothly.

Armada

Smash Lord
Mango haven't booked tickets and he already know Im not playing in the tournament.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
XD Adam now that I think of it, every time you saw me from Ros4 to Hf Lan 2 months ago, I was high as **** :p
I must say it makes me very quiet, except when it comes to shouting and cheering for France of course (remember that Pokemon anthem @Ros ? :) )

Nevermind, it's settled now :)

That said, I'll try my best to attend, I've always wanted to meet this Joseph Marquez everyone's talking about, and yeah, if the only way to see you is to come to Sweden now, I guess I have no choice :)

And let me say this, tournaments will never be the same without u dude :'(

====================================================

About the schedule, do you guyz have some hints about it ?

I mean, I'm working, and I might not be the only one.
Without giving a full schedule, do you guyz plan on leavin the first and last day for freeplay, so people can come to and leave the venue without missing any main event ?

Top Bottom