• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.e.a.s.t 3

random-ness

Smash Cadet
I'm going for sure and I'm going to practice like a mofo for this.
Last beast I made top12.
I'm possibly going to need a teammate for this, any takers?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
since the date changed to april i can go to this now for sure. looking for some plane tickets soon
Any chance you can do videos of the venue and the smashers like you used to? I loved those! :D

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Actually it's during the easter holidays at the school we're hosting at :) That's the reason we choose these dates, since we then can have it on wednesday and thursday as well!

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
Actually it's during the easter holidays at the school we're hosting at :) That's the reason we choose these dates, since we then can have it on wednesday and thursday as well!
Damn Swedes can't even do easter right. :c

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Gothenburg just happens to have a great, cheap venue so they can do it, but do these really happen anywhere else?
edit: Also, we usually sleep on the floor in the venue, so we avoid the hotel costs, unless someone decides to do that for themselves for extra comfort.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Gothenburg just happens to have a great, cheap venue so they can do it, but do these really happen anywhere else?
edit: Also, we usually sleep on the floor in the venue, so we avoid the hotel costs, unless someone decides to do that for themselves for extra comfort.
I have a couple questions:

1. How/where do people shower every day?
2. Assuming the venue charges on an hourly rate, do the overnight AM hours count as part of the required reservation, or can you assume that you get the hours in between if you reserve until, say, 11pm one night and starting at, say, 7am the next morning?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I have a couple questions:

1. How/where do people shower every day?
2. Assuming the venue charges on an hourly rate, do the overnight AM hours count as part of the required reservation, or can you assume that you get the hours in between if you reserve until, say, 11pm one night and starting at, say, 7am the next morning?
1. On smaller and shorter (local) events, it's pretty much up to everyone to handle themselves. You can quickly wash yourself in the sink in the bathroom or something. Some venues do have showers, but not this one. Well, kind of, there is but we don't seem to have easy access to it.
Or if it's a bigger (international) event, afaik last time they rented a second nearby venue which had both showers and more room for sleeping.
2. From what I've seen, they generally charge per day. Except I've heard this one is pretty much free.

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
I'll fill in for AJP;

1. We do actually have showers but I've mostly been too lazy to fix it. I have the key and the code now though so we'll have showers for BEAST :)

2. The venue is indeed free. We take entrance fee to pay for gass when we move TV's, housing venues and other casualties, the rest goes into the price money!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What's the nearest airport to this? Found it.
AJP: Is there an airport I should fly into that'd be significantly cheaper than Gothenburg?

If there's a PM side event I'll do what I can to come. Shouldn't be too hard with four days =)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Gothenburg is actually a surprisingly busy airport, meaning the prices should be comparable.
However, if they for some reason aren't, you could try Oslo or Stockholm.

Oslo is geographically closer but it's in Norway and I know nothing about trains/buses over there.
Stockholm is in the same country (though I usually even don't notice the Norway border when driving there so that doesn't matter), and you can join my car for gas money. Plus Stockholm is definitely worth a sightseeing visit ("world's most beautiful capital city" or something).

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
I can confirm a PM side event since there's been so many requests. In what form and size is yet to be decided.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Don't know, I've heard people say that. And I don't really have a reason to doubt it =).
What's your candidate for the title?

edit: Depends on what you like of course, but generally people tend to think water, bridges and lots of green areas are beautiful. Adding some old architecture can't go wrong either.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think I'll actually go to this. Mango's going, right?
I'll make my decision after APEX. =)

Tomber

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I should make a post about it here too, could be more foreigners wanting to attend that as well :)
Yeah, could be. Would be nice with more people attending.
Eagle and stelzig are probably going too, btw.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently living in Germany and am wondering how far in advance should I book tickets to ensure I get a good price. I don't want to do anything before I get information about transportation, housing, etc

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
I might update the rules due to the issues with the paus-rule recently brought to light by leffen;

"Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a severe punishment of having to listen through the collected works of Justin Bieber to the player who pauses the game."

Top Bottom