• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming Bay Area CA- $2,000 First Place!

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
I went to Axis. It was stinky, even more crowded, but the friendlies were awesome. I myself didn't enter though.

If you're wondering, I was the one that turned on items in the big screen. Two other people from the crew I'm part of played around and made CPUs play each other. If you saw this in the live stream, blame me :D

Shino Ruleset is fun. Right after the crew battle between Sky Raiders and T.O.A. (they wanted me to play ><;;;;), I decided to try "Bonus Round" for the hell of it. It's basically Shino Ruleset, which is:
-5 stock
-Items on high, no smash balls
-whacky stages, preferably Sky World

It's a really fun thing I like to do. It's a weird thing I like I guess.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
fuuuck. walkoff -> backair -> stage spike. SK92 broke my heart. what else are you gonna do with 10 seconds left?

you guys need to do a Boo pride match. loser picks a new name.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Ya I think everyone was looking for that exact thing. kinda shocked we didnt even see an attempt

The Game II

Smash Champion
I'm spending all day tomorrow working on videos. I'll at least have Fly Amanita vs. Plank, and the finals up hopefully Tuesday. Other than that, I'm hoping for a lot of the videos to go up Saturday BUT I have to go to a Madden Challenge, so I'm not certain.

There were other people that recorded, wwjasond and I think 2man got matches.

--GCII

Miztik

Smash Master
man i swear plank took is sleep bag and tent to this tourney....i was waiting for him to make Smores....cuz of all the camping he did

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
fuuuck. walkoff -> backair -> stage spike. SK92 broke my heart. what else are you gonna do with 10 seconds left?

you guys need to do a Boo pride match. loser picks a new name.
Ya that sounds good. Boolossus were doin a match for the name, unless you wanna change it without playing, or just enter tournies with a different name.

Ya I think everyone was looking for that exact thing. kinda shocked we didnt even see an attempt

i think he didnt attempt it becuase it was reaaallly obvious that thats what he was gonna go for. he was just waiting for plank to make a mistake. On my take of it, i think that SK messed up wen plank went under the map and side Bd up. That was a perfect oppurtunity for an Usmash or something.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
17th out of 302 is good enough for me.

Now to work on the diddy matchup....

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I think they are gonna be in the norcal vs socal crew battle thread from champ combo.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Massive tournament, good to see so many great players from around the region.
But everyone is right, for a TWENTY dollar entry fee, AND sponsorships of over 2000 dollars, there is no excuse for it to be run so poorly. This company made around 6000 dollars in 1 day, I would hope to think their next one has a better way to handle a large number of people.

I played 1 match in 5 hours, and was not allowed to play friendlies. I agree completely with Simna. Also, if you name your tournament "West Coast Majors" and have people who traveled hours and hours attending, you can't be so unorganized to the point you make them sit around and watch MetaKnight dittos.

What really pissed people off was how the tournament was going SO slow and 30 of the 48 stations were not being used.

Great venue though.

Either way, the tournament had its fun times definitely. That match with Fly vs Plank was awesome to watch. And I also like how the brackets were set up based on region, so you got to play people from other parts of the country instead of people you play at local tournaments, UNTIL the 2nd or 3rd round, bwhahahah

I just got home, long drive.

Funny how the crowd was booing snakes for most of the day. Advice: you want to get better at smash? just use metaknight and be a woman like Plank.

P.S. Thanks to GetYourTournament and Glen, it was great chatting with people not at the tournament (I had my laptop) while you were streaming live. That was a big hit.

RPK

Smash Lord
Not really true...I got to play a person from my crew who was in socal...Though it was only a minor disappointment to me, so I didnt mind that too much. Though later on though...then I got ****ing pissed...Took hours for them to call my match up, and then when I do, the guy doesnt even show up. So afterwards I go up and say, "Hey I need to report that my opponent didnt show up." I waited in line for a bit till I was told to tell my problems to the guy on the side. So I did and said that my opponent didnt show up even after I waited for 20 minutes. And he was like

"Well, he has like 1 minute to get up here or he is disqualified. So you win the set." Then after that I asked when my next match was and he said it would be a while. So I then went and took a nap...Almost got ***** by hugs when I was sleeping. <3 Then later I found out after I woke up if I was disqualified by one of my crew members. And they werent able to change it. So my set didnt get ****ing reported like I thought it had. And I basically only got 3 matches in...With a crew member who I ****ing play online with constantly, which I dont really care about as much as my only match was against a crew member... Im still more pissed about the fact that I reported that my opponent didnt show up and still got disqualified, waited for ever for my next match, and that I only got one set in. All of that for twenty bucks...Yeah **** that.

The tournament still had a few upsides to it. Lots of friendlies, meeting some people I havent seen in a while, but thats like it...

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Only problem with the walk off to B-Air was probably because Sk92 was either waiting for a mistake or he was afraid Plank was just waiting for it.

I mean at high% Im sure Metaknight would send Falco somewhere rofl.

But yea I feel bad for Sk92... But this is brawl and u got to do what u gotta do to win. I mean 600 bucks on the line afterall.

RPK

Smash Lord
Id have to say I would have been scared to attempt to walk-off because I probably would have eaten that **** tornado...Ugh...But yeah, do what you gotta do to win. But winning through time is so f***ing gay...

SuperRad

Smash Master
shoutouts:
again, thanks to sheridan/minh for housing/driving and driving [respectively]
Jake the Boy is Jake the Best. Dude is a champ [although doesn't party like one lololz]
nintendoking is awesome
idaho girls were really cool, thanks for teaching me those card games
everyone else at sheridans ruled

blokus crew is awesome

barwl sucks
snap rules

get ***** everyone

Top Bottom