• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Awww, did I win? - Peach MU Discussion

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Good luck with that, the Peach boards are pretty dead.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Well there aren't many Peach players in PM. I think Silly Kyle is probably the most active one.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
I have not found that I have a great deal of trouble with Link unless I let him get away from me and start zoning me with projectiles, in which case it starts to feel like an uphill battle, but all it takes from that point is one poorly timed projectile and we'll let the slaughter commence. To be fair, I don't play a radically skilled Link, so the skill gap is almost certainly influencing my perception of this matchup.

As for ZSS, I can see where that matchup would be torturous. Her range, speed, and the stun on her attacks are going to make for one hard-to-swallow cocktail!

Jiggs...oh Jiggs. Do more words even need to be said? It's always such a torturous spacing game that I sorta just want to give up midway through. And then I hit her with a frying pan and everything's better.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Jiggs...oh Jiggs. Do more words even need to be said? It's always such a torturous spacing game that I sorta just want to give up midway through. And then I hit her with a frying pan and everything's better.
Honestly, the sound when you hit with that is amazing.

And ZSS can be very antiair, and many of her aerials are quite good, as well as the very tall hitbox she has with her UpB. Somewhere during UpB, you get pulled down, but I'm not sure when in the animation that is/what hitbox it is, don't sue me. However, her forward smash, although quite ranged, has immense stratup lag and is very predictable. She also has the slowest grab in the game, so use that to your advantage if she misses.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
ZSS is really hard i think we can all agree, jigss is also horrible but everyone knew that from melee. I think link pit and sonic are also slightly disadvantageous for peach but very slightly. The two worst match ups that PM brought peach though in my opinion are zelda and samus. Samus was always hard and now shes just better and zelda just kills you really fast and sets up traps and is just down right horrible to fight, thats just me though. Peach definitely puts D3, bowser ROB iceys charizard and others in a body bag though

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
As an active Peach player, in my honest opinion, her going up against Diddy Kong is like going up **** creek without a paddle.

So any tidbit of advice you can give to me will help me the next time I go up against Diddy.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
I actually think Zelda/Peach is relatively even. She's got her traps, but so does Peach. Beyond that, if you don't give Zelda the room to set up Din's, she does a lot worse, especially if you can get her on the run. She's gonna be looking for a way to set things back to neutral so that she can keep you away until she's ready to murder you. We can't straight up attack her shield with impunity, however, we can still pressure it relatively easily. Zelda can counter pretty well, but she's not particularly great at straight out aggression. I like to bait her by hovering outside of her range, float cancelling an aerial against the edge of her shield and then attacking/grabbing her out of whatever she decided to do.

I do agree about Samus, however. That matchup has become insufferable. And it was barely tolerable earlier. Missiles everwhere, screwing up my float or otherwise hampering my movement.

I wish I could help you with Diddy, but I haven't found anyone who plays him so I'm afraid I haven't got a leg to stand on as far as advice.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Anyone have experience in the Squirtle MU? I can't figure out how to punish withdraw.

Last edited:

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think the reason I hate Zelda is more based on my personal feelings than the actual Charcter match up haha, as for diddy i don't play much of that match up either (who even plays diddy?) but i can see how peach might struggle, especially since diddy is almost impossible to edge guard against, on the other hand I feel like peach cares less about bananas than a lot of the cast.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Peach can edgeguard Diddy pretty well though, her nair beats his up-b.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I actually think Zelda/Peach is relatively even. She's got her traps, but so does Peach. Beyond that, if you don't give Zelda the room to set up Din's, she does a lot worse, especially if you can get her on the run. She's gonna be looking for a way to set things back to neutral so that she can keep you away until she's ready to murder you. We can't straight up attack her shield with impunity, however, we can still pressure it relatively easily. Zelda can counter pretty well, but she's not particularly great at straight out aggression. I like to bait her by hovering outside of her range, float cancelling an aerial against the edge of her shield and then attacking/grabbing her out of whatever she decided to do.

I do agree about Samus, however. That matchup has become insufferable. And it was barely tolerable earlier. Missiles everwhere, screwing up my float or otherwise hampering my movement.

I wish I could help you with Diddy, but I haven't found anyone who plays him so I'm afraid I haven't got a leg to stand on as far as advice.
Plus, even though everyone hates Nayru's Love, you can literally shield the whole thing and grab her out of it.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Plus, even though everyone hates Nayru's Love, you can literally shield the whole thing and grab her out of it.
very true, I really only hate fair bair and f smash haha. It just seems like i have to work so much harder for a kill while zelda just lands a sweet spotted fair and I'm dead at like 70% (maybe a slight exaggeration). On the other hand Zelda is pretty easy to edge guard

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
very true, I really only hate fair bair and f smash haha. It just seems like i have to work so much harder for a kill while zelda just lands a sweet spotted fair and I'm dead at like 70% (maybe a slight exaggeration). On the other hand Zelda is pretty easy to edge guard
FSmash for Zelda is kind of weird because she lunges back slightly before releasing it, and can hold this position as she charges it. She can avoid attacks like Mario's FSmash and then punish; I'm not 100 percent sure but things like FSmash frying pan may be treated the same. I also find that Zelda HATES to be above anyone, but don't get above her, because that Uair is deadly

Last edited:

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
FSmash for Zelda is kind of weird because she lunges back slightly before releasing it, and can hold this position as she charges it. She can avoid attacks like Mario's FSmash and then punish; I'm not 100 percent sure but things like FSmash frying pan may be treated the same. I also find that Zelda HATES to be above anyone, but don't get above her, because that Uair is deadly
oh yeah it is, that explosions hit box is like as big as peach's entire body haha

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
OK i just played a mewtwo player online and, it might just be me or the lag, but that feels like a tough match up. his roll is so far and his teleport and hvoer give him so much mobility i literally could not stay on him for more than a second, his tail's huge range spaced me out when i tried to approach with fair/bair and if he used up smash and Nair as a sort of reversal/get off me move. On top of all that weaving in between shadows balls was a nightmare. Again this might have been a skill difference or even just the lag made it impossible to do anything but i feel like this is a tough one for peachy

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah it's really hard to apply pressure to Mewtwo the same way you would against most characters. I'd like to give more input, but honestly, I don't know the MU as well I should. I tend to lose to Mewtwo pretty often with Peach so I usually just get frustrated and use one of my secondaries like Mario or Ike, they both have a much easier time imo.

Last edited:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm just taking this from my melee experience but throw a lot of turnips vs. Marth and try to abuse the fact that your moves are quicker than his. Against Falco this is a specific height you can float at that avoids lasers unless he shoots them at a specific height which you can easily read and just drop your float to dodge them.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
I played a really long set against a link main today and man that match-up seems rough, This might be a personal thing because i struggle against zoning in general due to the fact that I'm a very stubborn player and get frustrated easily but i really had a hard time against project M link, if anyone has some insight to this match up itd be awesome

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Link is pretty tough, it's hard to get in because of projectiles and once you do his sword will beat most of Peach's moves so you just kind of have to bait stuff. Also watch out for zair it will set you up perfectly to be combo'd and be careful when you're above him because your dair is essentially invalidated by his uair/utilt/usmash.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
yeah its frustrating, on the bright side i played a solid ness and yoshi in tournaments today (two charcters who i NEVER see) & i think peach wins both of those match ups, its easy to maneuver around PK fire and peach wins a lot of trades with him, Yoshi is kinda a weird character and eggs are annoying but it seemed like it was in my favor as long as i watched out for super armor

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Yeah Peach wrecks both of them. Also Yoshi doesn't have super armor, he has subtractive armor. Meaning you can still break it with a strong enough attack. It's also easier to break the higher his percent is.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
yeah thats what i mean lol. I used to be a street fighter player so some of the smash terms still trip me up lol. Like who came up with calling mirrors dittos?
Well iirc people founnd an unused character model of a Ditto in Melee, and it started the popular speculation that when two players pick the same character, Sakurai had originally intended for one of them to spawn as a Ditto and then transfrom into said character.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
As do I.

Is the strategy just about the same as it was vs Donkey Kong (aka Deebo Kong) in Melee?
Also keep in mind donkey Konya best normals for keeping peach out are ftilt and d tilt, so you can float above the range of f tilt but out of the range of utilt and I can't think of much he can do to you without taking to the air, again I'm not an expert this is just my 2 cents

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Also keep in mind donkey Konya best normals for keeping peach out are ftilt and d tilt, so you can float above the range of f tilt but out of the range of utilt and I can't think of much he can do to you without taking to the air, again I'm not an expert this is just my 2 cents
Well, as I like to put it, every little bit helps! Cheers for the info.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Anyone have any advice for the Mewtwo MU? I got bopped by Mewtwo in tournament yesterday.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Anyone have any advice for the Mewtwo MU? I got bopped by Mewtwo in tournament yesterday.
Mewtwo is pretty tough for Peach, IMO, just because his Shadow Ball and Teleport game lets him get past Peach's turnip game relatively easy. I find that float camping and using Nair and Bair can often catch the teleport or approach. Good Mewtwo players will smarten up to this, though, so you have to trade between your turnip game and your float camping game.

Down throw works on low-percentages for combos or chain grabs, other than that Mewtwo pretty much out-ranges Peach in close quarters and even has Shadow ball projectiles to stop her camping game from range.

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
Someone should compile opinions and there more advanced knowledge of peach to create a rough MU chart, and then that can be debated upon to create an even better one!!,,

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I find MU charts to be kind of arbitrary, I think it's more productive to discuss the MUs rather than trying to give them a definitive number, especially at this point in the game's meta.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Not to mention the fact that PM will most likely get updated again, some characters tweaked, and the MU chart that we would be making now will probably be irrelevant after the update.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
I can make a rough match up chart for us to start with and maybe make something concrete, if anyone cares. I'm not like the end all be all peach but I know a lot about the character. I kinda just want these boards to come back alive haha

Last edited:

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Hey guys, how do you deal with Mewtwo as a peach?

Top Bottom