• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto Canceled Uair *Video is up!*

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Ok, I was messing around in training mode today and figured out that you can auto cancel Link's Uair. Unfortunately, you can't SH it so you must full jump it. Doing it is like any other characters' auto cancel. Jump and immediately hit Up and A. It combos well from Usmash.

Simple Set up: DAC -> Auto Canceled Uair

We now no longer have to worry about using Uair and getting punished by lag. You can tilt in any direction to go in that direction while Uairing. Do not FF it. You will fall too fast to cancel the lag.

More set up: DAC -> AC Uair -> Utilt

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fSM5IxSM28

Thanks.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Thanks. And ArdeS, is that a custom avatar I see? XD They got them back. I'm gonna return to my old one or get a new one soon.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
The avatar to the left isn't custom, it's a random one I thought looked kinda cool. The signature below is custom though, obviously. xD

Edit:
<=== Post #200. Yay. -_-

sasook

Smash Champion
I remember hearing about this somewhere or another, but it wasn't like related to the topic of a thread. It was just someone expressing random thoughts.

Dark M

Smash Rookie
lol, thought everyone knew this :p though if it's not written anywhere, it might be good to add a sentence in the beginners guide. Not exactly rocketscience, but useful knowledge nonetheless.

sasook

Smash Champion
I do the lagless u-air in this video like 2 or 3 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z57g_gB-o4I

Dont mind the video, it was a test video for my newly bought Dazzle taken from some replays stored on my Wii.
Dude, sick video, you are really good!

lol, thought everyone knew this :p though if it's not written anywhere, it might be good to add a sentence in the beginners guide. Not exactly rocketscience, but useful knowledge nonetheless.
Yeah...I didn't know it was anything new or out of the ordinary. I'll add it I suppose, I just thought it was common sense. But I've been wrong about common sense before, such as when people started talking about the boomerang going two different distances if it's not "smashed." *shrug*

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Thanks guys, now you give me more reason to get the gameplay video done.

ArdeS, my Link is still evolving and spacing is how I win matches with Link, I dont like to spam from afar nor go head on as that would turn out bad for Link if your playing skilled ppl, so my spacing would be something like "middle range" so I can switch from proyectiles to melee in no time. I still mess up sometimes though.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
My spacing has been improving lately, but I've got a long way to go. Unfortunately I'm either stabbing someone's face in or blowing them up from half the stage away most of the time. :laugh:
But yeah, finish that video dude. I'm looking forward to it!

sasook

Smash Champion
My spacing sucks, because I like close quarter combat. ^_^

If you ask me to space with zair so it hits them but puts me out of range of their attacks, I'll kindly ask the player next to me who has never played Link to do that for me, because he'll probably be better at it then me.

lol

Top Bottom