• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

kupo

Smash Lord
If Virtual On is included, then ZoE is a must have. :D.
I prefer playing V.O at the arcades, as I have never played it "control" wise.

Also, we can't have Smash without MK: Double dash!!.;)

Hmm, splitting tourney venues? I'm just curious on how it will work. Will the games be played at the same time? If so, having SF/KOF/SSB:M all at the same time is just ludacrous. I can imagine that it'll be one hectic day.

IF I were to compete in SSB:M as well as KOF, unless it's not running at the same time, would I have to miss a round to play the other? Things could get real messy right here...

And lastly, tournament prizes? Cash? Games?:D :D

*~*I've sent a PM a few days ago, requesting for that site*~*

-Em-

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Sydney hey? Dang, no promises yet, I'm still organising my trip to WA next month. You prepared to go still Em? We could go to Syd aswell its just it'll cost a packet I think.. together anyway, for both trips.

kupo

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm still wanting to go. But Mum says I can't, unless Leena is going (I'll go into the details via msn). So yeah, figures...it's better if we all meet up and discuss.

Sydney right after WA? What's there to do? The tourney mentioned earlier is in late July. And plus, I don't want to miss out on work.

Oh, we can visit Haha Monkey, right? ^_~. I'm up for it! ^^

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I didnt mean Syd straight after WA, it may have sounded like it though..

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hey Em, I need to know asap what your status is for paying for Shaz and Cella if they are too tight to pay their own way to WA. Will you pay or were you only toying with the idea. I need to really research some tickets sometime this week, and I need to know if you are definitely coming, and whats your status re: them. Perhaps they could pay some but not all? I dont know what their financial situation is. I wouldn't imagine them to be stone cold poor but I dont know. So yeah let me know straight away when you read this.

Hey Josh, I need details about your area. Where you live contact details etc. Mum will need to know also, so doubly important. Let me know asap by PM.

kupo

Smash Lord
I'm not toying with the idea. I'm willing to pay $200 max for both. I'm stingy with money at the moment, and I haven't saved up to the amount I hoped for. *grrr*

I'll even bet that Shaz and Leena (most likely her) will walk out the last minute with the same usual response " Oh man...*inserts a pathetic reason*. H*ll, she does that for every occassion. Then that forces Shaz to not even bother turning up. Heh, I'm gonna be in a f***'d up situation if I just walk out and go on a plane ride and come back home. Mind you, I haven't talk to my mum about this in a while. Like I said earlier, if Leena goes, more likely I'll be allowed. oh diddly dum joy!

Man, the comp screwed up before and now msn. You piece o' crap.

*switches to destructive mode*

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Kupo:
I'll even bet that Shaz and Leena (most likely her) will walk out the last minute with the same usual response
Does this mean there will be less people coming over? If so, try and convince them to come over. The more people that come over the better.

1 english lit essay and 1 physics test down, a h*ll of a lot more to do!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Still waiting for those details Josh. I would also like mic and cubed's details.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Quetzal: I have my MSN up and running but mum stole the net off me last night so i havent put you on my list. I'll do it tonite. I'll PM you my address.

Sabreant: I have PMed you my details. Pleae PM me your MSN details as well.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mine are on the way, Sabre.
EDIT: No it's not. Your inbox is full.

BTW, we started a bit back talking about rules and such. Seeing how easter is getting closer (yay! Eggs!) we should finalise the rules and so-on. I think all stages except for moving ones (poke-floats, ect) Kraids one, and I think that's all. All items except hammer, starman, healing (except food.) and saturn.

If anything important comes up, E-mail me. I'm not going to be able to get on next week. I'm gonna be traumatising some kids. (I have work placement at a primary school) Meh heh heh heh...

kupo

Smash Lord
Uh, so what's happening with Shaz and Leena? Have they decided or not? The dates coming closer...so...better get the confirmation and get those tickets. *Jet Star* ^^;;

Bah, msn...

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Mic_128:
I'm gonna be traumatising some kids. (I have work placement at a primary school)
Oh, God. I pity those kids. What did they do to deserve your cruel and unusual punishment? Go easy on them Mic, don't go and destroy there hope and dreams, school will do that for them!:chuckle:

Originally by Kupo:
*Jet Star* ^^;;
Haha! Jet star is basicly a tin can with wings and seats. Dead cheap though. Cant wait, only 4 weeks to go!

Jigglyfuuk

Smash Journeyman
ok......

Im surprised no one reply to my want of the video(s)....I want to see how people in that region of the world play smash....

my aim s/n is MrXcalibur or my DC++ hub s/n is JigglyFuuk....
hopefully someone is kind enough to respond....unless no one has vids.....I can understand....aight.....

Wolf Pride:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cubed64
Oh, God. I pity those kids. What did they do to deserve your cruel and unusual punishment? Go easy on them Mic, don't go and destroy there hope and dreams, school will do that for them!:chuckle:
:demon:

4 weks to go? W00t!

What does w00t mean? J/k.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
500 posts

This is the 500th post on the Australian Tourney thread so id better make it worthwhile.

Jigglyfuuk: There will be some videos coming but not for 4 weeks at least. Thats when kupo and sabreant will be coming to WA! So you will just have to wait, unless kupo and sabreant make some vids, they were talking about it.

Kupo: Nice talking to you on MSN last night. Cant wait to meet you in person. Where was sabreant?

Mic_128: I am praying for those kids. Poor children, they wont even see it coming.:laugh:

Quetzal: have fun in english lit....by yourself....:rotfl: :rotfl:

And so ends the 500th post on australian tourney!

kupo

Smash Lord
Haha! Jet star is basicly a tin can with wings and seats.
And serves beans and canned tunas ^^. I don't really want to travel on Jet star. It was the first thing that came into mind...^^;;.

Where was sabreant?
Spending "precious" time with Shazc0ck, or in his dungeon plotting your downfall. *gasp* :3....>

Ya'll gonna be online tonight like yestreday?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I have utterly no idea why my inbox of pms is full. It has like 7 items total in it... bizarre. Anyway, I'm clearing it out atm so pm away people.

Jiggly: Even thought you might not still be reading this thread, if you do then keep in mind that there has never been an Australian smash video on the net, so when my friends and I go to the other side of Australia (long way), it will make the videos even more special. This whole process will see the videos up for all to view in around 4 weeks time, maybe more. Sorry we dont have anything to show you already, but if there was something made by us you'd know about it trust me. It'd be all over the place with flashing fonts and big bold letters. :)

I thought I had something else to say, but now I dont know what it was. Oh well. Anyway regarding Shaz and Leena, they are quite likely to come with us. I will confirm tomorrow. Perhaps you will be there also? I'm going over there. With you subsidising them, it'd be a crime for them not to come. Jet Star hey? I saw their ad and decided to ignore them, but then again.. I've always had something for tin cans with seats and wings...

Oh well. Thats all for now. Who knows? Maybe I'll think of what I wanted to say? If I do I'll double post, just for you guys! :)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yes Em, you lazy absent bum. We're waiting for you. Thats it you're gonna cop a massive spanking from my G&W next we meet!!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Yeah, here we are having a great MSN conversation and you miss out, shame shame shame. Anyway, if sabre doesnt tell you, i am coming to melbourne for a histroy excursion during july. It will be a good meet up after you come over this holidays.

kupo

Smash Lord
Regarding Shaz and Leena, they are quite likely to come with us.
Really now? Leena rang up today and I said to her I'd be willing to pay for the ticket. And y'know what? She rejected the offer. SHE REJECTED IT. God, what is wrong with the women? If Shaz were to do the same, I'd punch him.
We are, where are you?
I was online, like at seven-ish. Too bad I got d/c and the phone being occupied almost the four hours. Yay for dial-ups...

Was CORY online...? Or is he still dead?

Cubed: Awesome stuff. By yourself or with others?

-Emz0rs- <3 *ching!*

Jigglyfuuk

Smash Journeyman
oh ok....

if any one wants vids they can get me on aim:MrXcalibur......im me and i will send it to you.....hopefully you guys are awake right now to get on aim

CORY

wut
BRoomer
sorry, emz0rz, the first time you messaged me i was at a friend's smashing, the second time i was passed out in the next room since it was almost five at the time (no point in staying up if there's no emi to tease, ya know. hehe!)

and i'm pretty sure they won't be up by now, jf... lessee if i can remember the time difference... i think it's something like... 12 and 3... yeah, i think it's a 15 hour difference from central time zone (i.e. 6 pm here, 9 am there.) and when they do get vids up, they have pal version anyway, which is all janky and stuff... well, i'm actually jealous because i hear pal's more balanced than ntsc... yeah... i'll stop rambling now...

kupo

Smash Lord
Jigglyfuuk: We don't use AiM :D. The vids will most likely be posted in the MD room.
i'm actually jealous because i hear pal's more balanced than ntsc..
CORnY/C0rzeRz:^ = Jon *choked!*. And that's if you ever come down 'ere matey and Vs him. *gags* ^_~

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
CORnY/C0rzeRz:^ = Jon *choked!*. And that's if you ever come down 'ere matey and Vs him. *gags* ^_~
Buh?

I use AIM, just not much. Well ok rarely ever. But its not like its hard :p, ahh.. I dont know what I'm saying. Anyhoo, it seems likely that we will be coming (4 Victorians) to WA from the 18th of the 24th of April. Yet to be 100% confirmed, but 3 of 4 say yes. Just waiting on you Em. Can you organise that week for absolutely nothing but holiday?! :) If you cant then too bad because we'll abduct you from work, stuff you in a suitcase and throw you into a luggage compartment even if you cant come! HA!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Sabreant:
it seems likely that we will be coming (4 Victorians) to WA from the 18th of the 24th of April. Yet to be 100% confirmed, but 3 of 4 say yes.
No Problems here. Ive got nothing planned execpt lazing around. It should be fun.

Originally by Sabreant:
Just waiting on you Em. Can you organise that week for absolutely nothing but holiday?!
Hurry up kupo. Get organised already.

3 weeks to go till the biggest smash tourney WA has ever seen!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
3 weeks to go till the biggest smash tourney WA has ever seen!
Nay goodfellow. Twill be the biggest smash tourney that AUSTRALIA has ever seen!!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
My mistake. i dont think some of the new kids we found will be coming over. Joshes mum didnt like the idea of 16 teenagers in her house at one time. Something about the food supply and how fast it will dissapear......

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Matty4376:
hmmm if its in brisbane queensland area it might be able to be held at my house . . .
Well, its being held in western australia, Perth. So it possibly cant be held at your house. Thanks for the offer though.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We could hold some at my house. My mum wouldn't mind THAT much as long as we don't destroy the house, kill things, or be too loud. Although, we would probably have to put in a few bucks for food and such. I'll check tonight and let you guys know, ASAP>

BTW, I'm still at school. I think I've lost my mind. I caught myself asying "I love school" KILL ME BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!!(After the tournie);)

kupo

Smash Lord
Joshes mum didnt like the idea of 16 teenagers in her house at one time. Something about the food supply and how fast it will dissapear......
We're willing to chip in like $100 (each?) for food n' stuff. Heh, if she doesn't allow us to stay IN the house (like as in housing us), there's always the backyard...

Or Mic's place...^^...hopefully...

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Mic_128:
We could hold some at my house. My mum wouldn't mind THAT much as long as we don't destroy the house, kill things, or be too loud
But, isnt that what we are doing to joshes place?.....oh, you thought we were going to play cube..hahahahahahahahaha..... Oh you must have been mistaken.

Originally by Kupo:
We're willing to chip in like $100 (each?) for food n' stuff
Well that should be alright then. I cant speak for him but im sure that will be ok with josh.

Originally by Kupo:
Or Mic's place...^^...hopefully...
oh i pity you, stuck in a house with mic the psycho. id rather sleep in joshes back yard;)

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
But, isnt that what we are doing to joshes place?.....oh, you thought we were going to play cube..hahahahahahahahaha..... Oh you must have been mistaken.
:crazy:

The $100 offering will be good bait for mum.

I'd rather sleep on the streets than my backyard, unless you like those spiral thorns and prickles.

btw, i think its josh's rather than joshes.

The vic gang being able to stay at mics house would be a nice safety net incase things don't work out here.

Top Bottom