• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The saftey net has been sprung:( . Mum has no probs with you guys comming over, playing, ect. She's just not OKK with having yuo guys sleep over.:( Sorry guys. On a plus note....hey!

Originally posted by Cubed64
oh i pity you, stuck in a house with mic the psycho. id rather sleep in joshes back yard;)
That's an insult! Or more of a statement of truth. I think.....Or do I?
:confused: I've confused myself now. Or have I.......
[/pointless raving]

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
...Fhags...

The $100 is an idea the 4 of us agreed to on Monday. We are willing to pay your mum $100 each if she would have us in her home. That will more than cover our expenses. I asked my mum and shes think I only cost her about maybe $80 (on average) a week. So hey that not too bad. $20 for pain and suffering. (I would be required to be making DK noises and saying YEHS! a lot) Seems more than reasonable I thought. :)

Shaz seems doubtful about his status at the moment, this directly affects Leena, but his is due to his work being bums, and her not having work. Hopefully things will pan out well in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure something will present itself as an opportunity. Em, do you know if your mum has spoken to you dad yet? She seemed pretty down on the whole idea when we discussed it with her. :(

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
This all sounds so cool...

Sorry I haven't posted recently guys. First two weeks of uni so boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrring. Now, I have 3 Assignments and an exam in the morning at 7:45. That's a 45 min drive to uni too. Grr.

I noticed no one posted about the rules other than Mic. Meh, we'll work it out. However, if we use time battles I'm gonna be cheap, so make sure it's stock based.

I can check about if you guys could stay with me if we all run out of room. Only problem is I'm about as boring as Mic, and that's saying something... he... he...

Good news! Uni actually takes the easter break off!!! I've missed out on every public holiday since the start of term, so this is fantastic news.

Oh, Quetza and crew, if you need help with AMaths or Phys or Chem... ok mabye no Chem... but I am willing to help.

My fee is $20/hr. :D

And finally, I'm getting ADSL soon so I might actually post regularly.

Anyhoo, I'd better get back to studying for tomorrow's exam... *Sighs* See you guys at the tourney!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by rmusgrave

I can check about if you guys could stay with me if we all run out of room. Only problem is I'm about as boring as Mic, and that's saying something... he... he...
Hey! Im not the one who likes discussing Physics. Oh, wait. Nevermind.....

Now, I have 3 Assignments and an exam in the morning at 7:45. That's a 45 min drive to uni too. Grr.
Ow. That bites.

Just as A side note: we could do it so that we each have one smasher at each house. I'll sugest the idea at home as she might be a bit more giving if it's just one person.

lalalalala.....I've run out of things to say.

LESS THAN 4 WEEKS! W00t!

EDIT: Ultra pwnz l33t batman! I jyust found out that you can BUY THE BROADBAND ADDAPTERS FOR THE CUBE!!!!!11one! You can only get them from Nintendo Australia themselves and it only costs $59.99 including postage. W00t! I'm gonna have to get one! If we can get 2 in time for the tournie.....LAN MarioKart! Bet it takes 6 months to get to the adress.....

kupo

Smash Lord
Right now I feel like banging my head on a brick and bleed.
Seriously, this whole Shaz deal annoys me. H*ll, he doesn't make an effort to even go. I mean, look, a piss poor job where he works once every week or so. Can't you ask your parents for spare cash to spare? Need more money? Fine, I'll have the amount sorted out tomorrow cause' I need to figure out how much I'll have at the end of the month (also spending on stuff I've wanted to buy, which is not too expensive).

Shaz, I hope you weren't being serious about buying FF:CC over plane tickets.
Leena recieves youth allowance. I'd like to know the amount in total A.S.A.P.

Jon: It seems that my mum hasn't said anything to my dad.

*~*Fhaaaag! to the whole deal...*~*

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
It has been agreed upon with my parents that you can come and stay at our house during your time here. Mum said you need to come after the 19th, because she won't be here before then, she is going a small vacation. Mum spoke to dad and they said that you can stay for 3 days. They would also like the $100 payment each for your stay here.
Thats all. Jon, Em, I hope this makes it easier now for everyone to make arrangements.

Tell Shaz that if he doesn't come after getting everyone got worked up over it, and after doing a lot of work on my part to organise this with my parents, then tell him he really let me down. Its not everyday you get an opportunity like this, and especially at the price you are getting it for. Nearly everything is ready to go, its not like its still all up in the air. The last thing i need to do is get my mum to speak to your parents and everything is ready on my side. Please don't let me down.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
There has never been a doubt in my mind that I was ever not coming. However this all depended on my peers accompanying me. Mum does NOT want me to go alone, and is opposed to me and Emily going alone together. Sends the wrong message? I dont know. Spose she doesnt want me to snuggle up to Em :p Either that or she doesnt want Em's Falco to make my DK look bad interstate :D

Bah, anyway. We discussed things with Em's mum and we argued her to a point of reasoning, but she seemed fairly against the whole thing. I dread to hear what Leena's parents say, but thats not their perogative, Shaz being the provider now. Or at least taking that role. I beat all of F-Zero now. Yay!!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Well this is fantastic, another hurdle we have to jump. Yippee. Any more things that can go wrong anyone???

Just roll shannon and cella in a carpet and throw them in the plane cargo hold. That will work

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Leena says Leenas' not getting youth allowance for some *** of a reason, anyway Em if your really willing to pay for our tickets, it'll take a helluva long time to pay you back for it. Hope your willing to wait...we got a lot of stuff to pay off already...car, board, bus tickets, food. The cheapest tickets were $240 one way, so thats at least $480 there and back for one person. There's two of us so that makes $960. Me and Shaz, (yes Leena's talking), can pay for the rest....hopefully.

FinalAtomicBustr

Smash Rookie
Sorry about the late post...

Hi again!

I've replied to the PMs I had, sorry about the late response guys.

More clarification:

- Tourny dates is 17-18 July. I got it wrong before, sorry.
- Sat 17 July will be held at the Playtime Arcade on George St in Sydney; Sun 18 July will be held at the scout hall.
- Sat will be all official Arcade Tournaments. These will be held at the arcade: Capcom vs SNK 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike.
- Sun will mainly be a casual console session day. This will likely start Sat night too after the Arcade Tournys are over. Any tournaments that are run on Sun won't be official, but that doesn't mean people can't take them seriously (like SSBM).
- With regards to entering mulitple tournaments, on the off chance that you are called at the same time for more than one game, then the tourny organisers usually just wait for you to finish your current game before moving on. Also, they may just skip your match and get back to it when you're ready.

I should clarify what I mean by "official". My site runs a rankings table for Australian SF players. We rank nearly every tournament that we hold and keep them up to date. In fact, no table is less than one month out of date; the games are usually run at least once a month. So any tournament that we hold on Sun won't be added to our official ranking tables; we can't rank SSBM anyway. But don't let that stop anyone from organising a tournament and running it - the more the better.

I'll add too that you should remember that this is a SF oriented tournament initially. There is a small (serious) interest of SSBM within the community, but not much; however, with EVO having included it, it has started to turned some heads. I'm mainly here to see if there are any more that may have an interest in both SF and SSBM. The reason I say this is that I don't want to make it sound like I'm promising an all expense paid massive major Australian SSBM tournament, cos I'm not. I'm offering a chance for SSBM players to get together in a more organised and larger grouping than they may normally do (I think... let me know if you've done larger things before (in Australia that is)).

Thanks again,
Justin

kupo

Smash Lord
another hurdle we have to jump
*Trips* -_-;;.

... For ya'll, good news I bear. Shaz and Leena are still going.*Recieves I.O.U card*I'm gonna cry when I see my savings when the cash is withdrawn on the day.;> <;

Anyhoo, things are going slow at my place. So...heh...

I'm such a nut, that I didn't know Crystal Chronicles was out two days ago. Fhaaag!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yes, yes you are. It came out on Friday! Are you going to WA Em?

Everyone vote out CardzMaster2004 on the Big Brother game! Quick before I get any more votes against me!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
THIS IS NOT A BUMP.

And the ant survives again! You're harder to kill than the Morteen fly. Not that I voted for you though. I want to see a final vote between you and me. Aeon sudden vote.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Heh yeah... :D I must be the Pete and Tina of Smashboards BB! Its a joke you'd only get if you watched the Hot House show. Bet you get the idea. Surviving against the odds etc.. :p I dont think the Aeons would vote if it were a showdown between yourself and I, simply out of diplomatic reason you see. I mean if they all voted for you or all voted for me, that would shake morale in some parts of the clan. At least I think so. Show loyalties and stuff, or even preferences. Not pretty. Who knows, they might end up doing that anyway.

Man this was nearing page three of the Tourney threads! Em, we need to play smash again sometime. I need to teach your Falco a lesson in manners with my Game and Watch. :rotfl: :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I play a little as GAW so maybe a GAW fight? w00t. BTW, I get the joke (I've only seen 2 eps. Reality bites). Guys, Pwnz called me yesterday and I'm gonna met him on Sunday. So, some more prac, against someone new and unpredictable. Yay!

I don't know what else to type........

Yay for E3!

Zzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Pwnage

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by mic_128
Guys, Pwnz called me yesterday and I'm gonna met him on Sunday. So, some more prac, against someone new and unpredictable. Yay!
Yay indeed... I'm gonna have to start practicing over the next few days, i'll bet i'm heaps rusty by now... BTW do you have 2 controllers or do you want me to bring one over?

kupo

Smash Lord
Heh, Pete's a dip****. I found it funny when they survived the elimination last few weeks ago. Everyone was creating the ice, turning their backs on them.

To let ya'll know, I have my mum's permission to go to Perth. All we need to do now is to buy the tickets and we're ready to go! There ya go cubed.^^.

Em, we need to play smash again sometime.
No longer work Saturdays! So we can go to Shaz' place, like the usual. Two nights again this time ^^. Oh yea, can you bring your GBA? I wanna play two-player Cyrstal Chronicles. :D

kthx

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pwnage: If you can, yeah. My bro's a bit toutchy about people using his.
Kupo: W00t!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I quite like Pete and Tina actually.. :) They stir up so much crap and get Ben and Cat all riled up. **** that young couple, they're such snotty turds! Anyway..

Heh, Pete's a dip****. I found it funny when they survived the elimination last few weeks ago. Everyone was creating the ice, turning their backs on them.

To let ya'll know, I have my mum's permission to go to Perth. All we need to do now is to buy the tickets and we're ready to go! There ya go cubed.^^.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Em, we need to play smash again sometime.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No longer work Saturdays! So we can go to Shaz' place, like the usual. Two nights again this time ^^. Oh yea, can you bring your GBA? I wanna play two-player Cyrstal Chronicles.

kthx
w00t! Huzzah! Awesome news! Then all we need to do is as you said, organise tickets. Bleh, we gotta do what we gotta do. I'll bring me GBA and link cable to Shaz's no worries. Will be tres bien. Alrighty, now we have to agree on dates. Josh, have you managed to squeeze a 4th day out of your mum? :)

kupo

Smash Lord
Four days? I thought we agreed to three? o.O.

I called Shaz before, talk about being in debt. :p.

Mic: Be sure to tell us how it all goes! ^^

*teh l4me kangar00 i$ ded* [and is listening to teeny popers]:p

[/randomness]

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
10 days and no posts, ive been really busy with school and we just had a Yr. 12 retreat, its like a camp thing. I had heaps of fun but i dont think Josh or Kenton did.:chuckle:

Anyway,

Originally by Kupo:
Yippee, full steam ahead then.

Mic_128: Nuts, the more experience you get the harder you will be to beat. Oh well, more of a challenge

Oh yes, Stop talking about the Hothouse, its vomit-inducing.

2 weeks to go......holla and w00t and other noises of exitement

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Ugh, Retreat was horrible, i couldn't wait to get home. There is only so much god i can handle.
Em thats great that your mum said yes!
Jon, I'll speak to my mum about the 4th day if you want it.
Mic, have fun with Pwnz!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
man, you guys... messaging me when i'm asleep then seeming all offended at me when i don't answer while still unconcious...

anyways, i haven't been up the last few nights because i got work early in the morning, as in i have to wake up around the time i normally go to sleep when i talk with you crazy aussies. so, i'm not dead, emi, as sad as that might make you.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by CORY
man, you guys... messaging me when i'm asleep then seeming all offended at me when i don't answer while still unconcious...
Well, instead of seting your display to Away when your asleep, set it to Offline, that way we can message you.

Originally by CORY
when i talk with you crazy aussies
We're not that crazy are we? :crazy: :crazy:

Originally by Sabreant
Well I originally wanted to go for a week remember?
Even though that would be great i dont think it ould be feasible. Some of us have lives outside of playing Nintendo and wont be able to play smash for 7 straight days. on the hoildays im getting my L plates so i might not be able to make it one day. But we'll see.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Cella again: Seems everything is in order about the trip...i can only hope no-one changes their mind now. Quetza, is your Marth gonna be ready in time for the beating of a lifetime? Hmm? Hope you've been practicing...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
ARGH! Guys, can you do me a HUGE favor, click HERE and vote for anyone other than Me or SAbreant. PLEASE!!!!!:(

CERBKIRBY has the most votes (other than me and the ant) so aim votes at him, please!!!

kupo

Smash Lord
Ready for a beating of a lifetime? That's a pretty ironic thing to say ;).
i'm not dead, emi, as sad as that might make you.
I miss you already S2.

I never wanted to stay more than four days. I think three days is enough considering we take a day for the smashfest and the next for a day out for sight seeing. Also, my aunt (c*nt!:p) is coming over to visit us. And Mum won't be too happy if I miss out on my schedule...

My Winning Butt pwns Shaz' Shell Bounce. :D

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Whoa man! Cubed I never said anything about a week of smash. Bloody **** I can get sick of it in less than a day if I play it too much. I meant a week for a good long holiday. 3 to 4 days is ok with me. I dont really mind. I just need to decide on dates now. I'll go check out stuff now. My calendar etc. I need to now how much work I need off. Probably only 1 day. Goodluck with your L's Mat. Should be a swish. P's is where the challenge is. Not even that hard itself really.

D@mm it mic, your looking sick in the BB game. Believe me if I could vote I'd whack one on cerb. I hope you get a last minute chance. :( D@mn it. I'll pull some string(s) if I can. I'll get my brother to throw a vote his way in other words.

*EDIT* OK mic, I've done all I can. I've pmed numerous random people online and asked for help and I convinced Richaod to vote Cerbkirby, and I even got my brother to edit his vote to say 'Cerbkirby' instead of 'mic_128'. Silly goose thought he was helping you by voting for you. Thats all I can do. I'm sorry if it still fails.

*EDIT2* Things are looking up for you mic :) But I'm far too tired to do anymore. That was tiring. Goodnig...zzzz.z.zzz.zz (face on keyboard)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! I owe all of you one. BTW, I'll tell you of Pwnage tomorow

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Im glad to see we can help mic. It doesnt look like your doing well there. You might have to struggle through the next one though.

Sabre: Whoops, my bad..... I couldnt play smash for a whole week either. And thanks for the vote of confidence.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Welcome to the Pwnage report. I’m your reporter, mic_128. But before we start, thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou! Unfortunately it's come down to a number guess with Cerb.
Now on to the report. Pwnage (and his brother too, can’t forget him) were very skilled as Doctor Mario and Marth respectively, strangely the same characters that musgrave and I use. Weird. Anyway, we played a wide range of matches, and we were quite impressed. If you had to qualify to be in this tournie, they would. (Unless they fall in the pool before it starts and get disqualified.) And so ends the Pwnage report. I'm insane...uh..mic_128.

BTW, if you haven’t set dates to come over yet, might I suggest NOT the 17th or the 24th as I will be doing a first aid course those two Saturdays.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
My Winning Butt pwns Shaz' Shell Bounce.
???????? Shell Bounce?

Oh well whatever your saying I won you @ smash Em...My Marth >> yours... My Fox > yours. My Falco > yours....My Bowser > Your Sheik! LOL! haha...well mostly ..... and your IC > my Mewtwo (whoopdeedoo.....) Oh yeah and Eagis > all your CC characters..AHAHAH!

PS Ive taken 18th til 30th off of work.

Can't wait to vs you guys WA....:)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why? So you can loose? Lol. Maybe the shell bounce is when you land on the shell, bounce off, and the shell goes and hits someone?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Why? So you can loose? Lol. Maybe the shell bounce is when you land on the shell, bounce off, and the shell goes and hits someone?
Sounds feesable. Both points, but especially the 2nd ;). Well mic, it was simply a case of bad luck. If its any consolation, CORY was going to help you out too, but he couldnt find the thread. Sorry to see you go. But you got my back right? I tried so badly to keep yours :(

Me and Josh have talked and decided that the 20th-24th of April will be the dates of the tournament/holiday. It may change, so stay tuned. From the outset however things look promising. :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Are you saying I'll loose?
If I do not win then I'll LOSE...only ghay guys loose to other guys....and I ain't like that lol.
I own all shells though so come be my target if you all have something against me and shells...if not and I'm confused then ahhh!
When we come I'll vs you all...(1 at a time...2 at a time max) items low only red and green shells to stop this nonsensical jibberish.

Top Bottom