• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nice challenge Cronos. And I can't spill ether so thar.
If only CORY had found the topic.....wah! And cover your back sabre? Sure I will....:rolleyes: :D

Roy Ranevski

Smash Rookie
Just giving a heads up to Aus players sayin' to go post/pm in the "**Smashers by Region** 12/10/03 half-updated" thread stickied here. It may be out of date but it can still be used. Let's get the Aussie population past 1.

kupo

Smash Lord
What? I thought we agreed to the 18th til 22nd...or something like that. God, make up your mind.

...And we should get the tickets...><;;. Man...I'll be spending $2500 in one go...why not just pay for the two couples and me stay home?

Ehehe. I'm Joking.

...Really.

Eagis > all your CC characters..AHAHAH!
You Burmecian rat. Go riverdancing on the streets why don't you. ;)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Yay, looks like thing are turining out okay after all this trouble. The biggest tourney in Australia to be held in WA, i like the sound of that. Anyway, have you guys got any vids from your matches? if not it doesnt matter but if you do we can flood the SWF with aussie videos. That will be interesting.

Oh yes, Roy ranevski, all the australian players post here anyway so unless someone form the states or europe is going to come over it seems pointless to post there.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Are you saying I'll loose?
If I do not win then I'll LOSE...only ghay guys loose to other guys....and I ain't like that lol.
I own all shells though so come be my target if you all have something against me and shells...if not and I'm confused then ahhh!
When we come I'll vs you all...(1 at a time...2 at a time max) items low only red and green shells to stop this nonsensical jibberish.
wth?

And cover your back sabre? Sure I will....
wth?

What? I thought we agreed to the 18th til 22nd...or something like that. God, make up your mind.

...And we should get the tickets...><;;. Man...I'll be spending $2500 in one go...why not just pay for the two couples and me stay home?

Ehehe. I'm Joking.

...Really.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eagis > all your CC characters..AHAHAH!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Burmecian rat. Go riverdancing on the streets why don't you.
wth?

I dont know what the **** Shaz said, I have no idea what Michael means by what he said and I think Em, you must be smoking dope. Or maybe I am and I just cant remember it. I dont remember ever setting a date. Mat is the only post I truly understood. :p

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
My Black Mage Yuke from FFCC looks looks like he's doing riverdance when I do this thing..you don't need the details I'm sure but yeah the Burmecians in FFIX do the same dance to keep the tornado going that protects their tree-top village of Cleyra.
That answers that...
The shell thing....me what the aswell...
YOu covering your back....I think they're saying you're sexy Victorian body is plump and ripe for the Up-B'ing....EYEEAAAHS!

EDIT: Just thought I'd say...(licks finger and sticks it on his Fox)*SIZZLE* ...You can't touch dis!..(Switches Kart Driver in a haze of purple and pink)"Hi I'm Deezie!...Hi I'm Deezie!...Hi I'm Deezie!...Hi I'm Deezie!"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow

YOu covering your back....I think they're saying you're sexy Victorian body is plump and ripe for the Up-B'ing....EYEEAAAHS!

EDIT: Just thought I'd say...(licks finger and sticks it on his Fox)*SIZZLE* ...You can't touch dis!..(Switches Kart Driver in a haze of purple and pink)"Hi I'm Deezie!...Hi I'm Deezie!...Hi I'm Deezie!...Hi I'm Deezie!"
:confused:

Right.......

Anyway, guys, the Ant is in serious trouble. Vote for the little guy. Before monday. Meaning ASAP.

kupo

Smash Lord
I need a ciggy, a hug and person to play Crystal Chronicles and Smash with.

I hate all of you except CORnY. Well, maybe not Shaz because he easily falls for the double "SHINE" and my Yoshi's butt pwns his Bowser in everyway ;).

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I need people to vote out Afrotaki in the Forum Games Big Brother contest. Any help is greatly appreciated.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Originally posted by kupo
I need a ciggy, a hug and person to play Crystal Chronicles and Smash with.

[FONT]
that's what i'm here for, emi. just gotta do some ocean hopping to get here, though... i suppose that's a pretty big problem...

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Its the weekend and i have to do an english essay. How sad is that?
Yeah that sucks. Incidentally a friend from work has a similar task to do on Tuesday, and thats in the holidays. How gay. If either Emily or CORY read this and havent voted against Afrotaki, then please help out. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I hate all of you except CORnY.
1. Ow.
2. Who the heck is COrNY? I know CORY, but....;)

Less than 2 weeks, w00t. Have we got a final date yet? BTW, My Dad asked a good q. How are you guys getting from the Airport to Josh's house?

Now, if it's ok with all parties (party!) if you guys aren't to tired, ect from the trip, we (me & musgrave) could pick you up and go onto Josh's as the port is closer to us than Josh, and it's also on the way... Or you lazy bums could catch a bus. Muhahahahaha!

*sigh*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I thought Josh's mum was going to pick us up to. But what do I know? You'll have to make sure what she thinks is going on Josh. Plane tickets are not yet booked, and this is not good. Tickets have to be bought 2 weeks in advance or else you pay a fee for early travel. Some garbage like that. I'll try to get the four of us to agree/be present for the deal, but if worse comes to worse the other 3 will have to respect my decision and take the deal I ogranise. Thats if everything is going badly. Lets hope for the best. If its a fortnight before we can come at minimum, then that pushes back the date we come by every single day we dont organise it. As it stands, if I were to buy the tickets tonight, which I cant, it'd still be the 19th when we came at earliest. Sucks huh? Well thats just the way it is. :(

Anyone who cares! VOTE FOR ME IN THE BIG BROTHER CONTEST! Its the final round and I need as many votes for me to win as is possible. Thanks :)

kupo

Smash Lord
I'm free on Thursday and Friday. Tomorrow's my last day at work and the beginning of my four week holiday. Joy! ^^

So...uh...exactly how long are we staying? Three or four days?

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
If you don't get the tickets soon enough, as in, right now, then your chances are coming are slipping because the date we set for your departure was the 24th, and I think the last day of the school holidays is the 26th. So you must get the tickets today tomorrow, or the day after, and even the day after is really pushing it...

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
YHES! Situation under control, tickets booked, money yet to be paid but tickets booked! No need for anxiety. Tomorrow the four of us will go down to Flight Centre and make the payment, then all we do is wait my friends. The time draws near.. :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
(Jon here) date of arrival: Tuesday 20th of April, arrive in Perth airport at 10:15am. Date of departure Saturday 24th of April, leave from Perth airport at 5:20pm. So we get most of SAT aswell! Yay! Thats all folks.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Payment problems, nothing too drastic yet but it has to do with last minute withdrawals and withdrawal limits.. ^^;

What a day its been. I went all over. Thanks for the choccy Em! :) Hopefully tomorrow will hold nothing but success for us. The tickets shouldn't need to be put off, at least I cant see why.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Excelent[/burns] Unfortunately, I won't be able to play on the 24th, but I can (hopefully) wave you guys off at the 'port. Any chance we could have the main tournie bit on the Friday then?
12 days! W00t! *runs around Tafe and gets kicked out*

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
whoop de dooo!!!!! Its the last day of school and ive got so much to look forward to in the holidays, the school ball, the after ball party, easter, my L-plates, the eastern invaders, 2 weeks of freedom, no more waking up at 6:30 am to go to school, no more english liturature. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Good news, the school ran this raffle, and i won!! $120. w00t!!!!!
So it looks like im getting Golden Sun 1. YAY!!!

The day of arrival draws ever closer.

I think there would be a problem with your mum going and picking everyone up josh, your mum has a 5 seater car. You, plus your mum, plus the 4 people coming over equals 6 people. Interesting!

kupo

Smash Lord
I can sit in the boot, providing that its clean and spacious. ^_~

We've got the tickets and all. All we gotta do now is figure out our transportation to the airport.

Jon: Congrads to you in the BB game.
Also, regarding the transportation to the airport, it costs $50 to catch the bus for EACH of us right?
If so, my sis told me about catching the train to Spencer Street station, then asking at the station for a sky bus which comes every 15 minutes. It costs $15. I think its only one way.

Anyways, I'll inform you if anything happens.

*~*[Ministry of Sound] Hard NRG Rocks*~*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Thanks for the BB help guys. Appreciate it a great deal! Soon I'll get my winning banner. :)

Hard NRG Rocks
Yes, yes it does. I have Yellow, its pretty good, but I've been told Green is kicka$s and I think Black is pretty sweet too. Album colours that is.

Yes so since the tickets are paid for, the plane awaits us, all we have to do is confirm a method of shuttling to/from airport. What else does your sis know Em? Any details? Or has she only heard about it? It was 25-28 bucks per person according to that FC person, but I'm certain that is was only one way (which makes sense).

We'll see how we go with that during the course of this week. I'd rather have a few soild options than lots of sketchy ones, so if you can find out more Em, then please do as it would help in deciding what is best. Thanks.

So guys, the Eastern Invasion are we? :) Hmm, you guys can be the Western Resistance :p Sounds a whole lot like war now doesnt it? Oh well I guess it will be. :D I look forward to playing you guys more and more each day. I dont even care if I lose anymore (much :p), I just want to vs.

kupo

Smash Lord
I've spoken to my mum and sis about the transportation to the airport. Mum isn't too keen on letting us four going out in the morning, also considering the fact that trains don't operate til five [me thinks V-line operates 24 hours, which I doubt :p].
So here's the plan, you three, make your way to my place somewhere Monday afternoon/evening with all your luggages. Spend half the night getting rest/high[as long as you don't go peeing in your pants with excitement ;p and don't wake my parents up] and leave say 4-5am in the morning, and we leave for the airport. As ya'll know, my "little" aunt is leaving as well, so seats won't be an issue, because my "middle" aunt will be driving as well.

And as for getting back home, I'm not sure at the moment. I'll confirm it tonight with sis.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cubed64
I think there would be a problem with your mum going and picking everyone up josh, your mum has a 5 seater car. You, plus your mum, plus the 4 people coming over equals 6 people. Interesting!

Well, me and musgrave are going to meet you guys there, so we could give one of you a lift....failing that, the boot idea!

6 daYS TO GO!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Thank god SWF is back online, the internet is just so boring without it.

Anyway, myself and josh already talked about the time plan for your visit. Here is the plan:
21st: You arrive, settle in, we may come over and get to know each other.
22nd: The tourney is held!!! Everyone comes over and we play till a winner emerges. (im working on a setup for the tourney, be patient). If we finish early we can play casually
23rd: I believe josh's mum wants to take you around our wonderful city. I dont know where, just wait and find out.
24th: Because you leave in the afternoon we could get together for just some casual fun gaming, any games you want to play, tell us them and we will set it up. In the afternoon you leave:( :( and the visit is over. Jon has the videos of our matches.

Jon, you can get videos from VHS to the internet right? If you can good, if you cant tell us because we need to find a way to get our matches online. Just think about it, the first australian SSBM videos on SWF. I am so proud.

For the transport issues, i believe josh's sister is going to go and take your luggage while everyone else piles into josh's mums and ryans car.

Sorry to dissapoint mic, but its actually 7 days to go. They arrive on the 21st.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Date of arrival: Tuesday 20th of April,
Today's the 14th so, 6 days.

BTW, I think it'd be a good idea if we do a team tournie aswell as the normal tournie.

kupo

Smash Lord
With Team Attack On of course.

...We playing the 2/3 rule?

So Josh's mum is happy for us to stay? Or is there still a need to talk over the phone?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
With Team Attack On of course.

Sonds...interesting.
...We playing the 2/3 rule?
?
[/B]
What flight are you? (Number) for tues?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Its seems there is a slight misunderstanding of exactly what times we will be here. Let me clarify precisely. Read carefully.

We depart Melbourne Airport at 8:15am, Melbourne time, on Tuesday 20th April aboard flight 'QF 485'
We arrive at Perth Airport at 10:15am Perth time (flying against the time zones so it seemingly takes only 2 hours, but really its 4)

This gives us the marjority of Tuesday to hang out also, in addition to what you have already planned.

We depart Perth Airport at 5:20pm aboard flight 'QF 776'
We arrive back in Melbourne Airport at 10:50pm Melbourne time.

Very exact, these words are my young padawans, heed them closely you must. Or forever will the dark side dominate you...

I issue a challenge to any of you who play F-Zero, Mic I'm looking in your direction... I propose that I can beat any player, on any course, with any character, of any colour, at any speed setting. Think I'm all talk? We'll see. :p

Regarding videos, yes I can convert VHS tapes into internet files, it'll take compressing though, at one point during testing I had 43 seconds of data at such good quality that it was 189 megs big!

Also some good news, I have officially got my Uncle's video camera (not digital, but good quality) to take with me on the trip so I can document the tournament and more importantly our trip as a whole. I need you guys to be real respectful of my uncles property ok, because it becomes victim to theft or damage, then I'm the one who pays. Please help out by making sure you're careful and stuff. Sorry to sound so parental but I dont wanna fork out excess cash. This trip is already considerably expensive, even with the amount of corners we've cut. Thanks guys.

kupo

Smash Lord
Lol, the days draw near, and my smash game won't work for some oddball reason. Some stupid error thing keeps popping up.

Ah well, twil be fixed. For now, I'll just go make a box full of stars, which will bring luck our way. ^^

While the method of transportation Tothe airport remains the same, the transport From the airport is changed. I will no longer change this plan as I no longer wish to change anymore.

-ja ne

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I suggest the tourny be set up with brackets that would limit us from playing people from our home state in the early rounds as much as possible...I already know I lose to them :(!!!
So yeah.....
Jon, my control is wrecked thanks to Leo. Just thought you may want to know....*crying for legendary control.* I'll try fix it.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Terribly sorry for the confusion everyone, just take a day off all of the dates that i posted before.

Jon, im sure your camera will be fine. Now we can make a DVD just like the TG series. But better.

If everyone wants a structured tourney, then ill do that. I was going to have it random but i see some problems arising with that eg: first up we have Josh vs Mat, 2nd is Jon vs Em etc etc. Unfortunately because there are more people over here someone here will have to vs someone else over here. But we can work around that.

Cant wait, yay yay yay.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Box full of stars? Wha..? Leo broke you multi-colour control? What, did he eat it or something, how does one wreck a control so easily? Did he sit on it? Bah.

I object to being pitted against Emily in the first round(s), because I play her so much in VIC, so thats not who I want to play 1st round in the tourney. Besides that, she often beats me :p

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Saberant:
object to being pitted against Emily in the first round(s),
I know, i was just pointing out a problem with random selection. You wont verse anyone from melbourne in your first round.
Team matches are on, best 2 out of 3 will win. Get some practice because myself and Quetzalcoatl have a very good team lined up. Be prepared.

5 days to go, lalalalalalalalalala

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
We will be having the tournament on the 22nd of April. Mic, let me know ASAP if ryan and yourself cannot make it, so I can perhaps change it to the 21st if need be.
5 days left

Em, my mum still wants to talk to your parents on the phone, how about this weekend? We'll organise it through MSN.

Top Bottom