• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Okay everyone, i have written up the first tourney set up, winners of the first match will continue on through to the winners set-up while the losers go on through to the losers set-up. After the main tourney we should have exhibition matches like same character battles and only low tiers, stuff like that. Everything will be videotaped so the DVD can be packed to the hilt with footage.

4 days to go, lalalalalalalala

kupo

Smash Lord
I object to being pitted against Em in the first round(s),
Besides that, she often beats me
And you finally admitt that ;).
I wouldn't mind vs'ing Cella for Team Matches in the first round ^^.

Also, regarding the 2/3 rule. I'd prefer to have that since one match does not determine whether the player advances into the next round. So yeah...
lol, it's like the American thang.
And one more thing, Time limit ^.^.

Quez: Twas nice talking to you and your mum last night.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
I have written up all of the match ups for the tourney, 4 in total. Ive made sure that no one from melbourne vs each other in the first round and no one vs the same person in the first round either. Hopefully everyone will be happy with the set-ups ive written and everyone will have fun.

Originally by Kupo:
Also, regarding the 2/3 rule. I'd prefer to have that since one match does not determine whether the player advances into the next round
I agree. This way everyone has a chance to make up for any mistakes that you make.

Originally by Kupo:
I wouldn't mind vs'ing Cella for Team Matches in the first round ^^.
I havent written up any team matches but i assume the teams will be myself and josh, kenton and bryce, mic and ryan, glenn and his brother, jon and em, shaz and cella. If i they are different please tell me.

With the 2/3 rule, the possible maximum total of fights is 168 and the minimum total of fights is 112. That is a lot of smash!!!!!

kupo

Smash Lord
Just checking in after reading earlier posts a.k.a Quezta's entrance post. Who's Stitchface? I've just noticed that he hasn't posted in a long while. So I'm just curious...is it Kenton?Bruce? Or *gasp* another imposter[;)]?

I'm all hyped and I can't sleep. *~*Listens to Petit Love*~* kekekekekekeke~.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
It's Bryce if I'm not mistaken ;).

I'm glad we got the 1st round sorted out, but I have some bad news, I was told today that I have Pneumonia so it looks like I wont be coming after all. Sorry guys, I guess it'll just be the 3 of you.

Just kidding. :p I have a cold thats all, I'll be better before I even board the plane. Sorry to scare you. :)

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Stitchface is Kenton.

but I have some bad news, I was told today that I have Pneumonia so it looks like I wont be coming after all. Sorry guys, I guess it'll just be the 3 of you.
*dies*

Just kidding.
*revives*

Shaz, my mum still wants to speak to yours, you can grab my phone number off Jon if you want. Hopefully I will be able to contact you today or tomorrow. Not even 3 days left.

Pwnage

Smash Rookie
Dear Quetzalcoatl,

Is it ok with Me and my bro (James) to come to this tournament since we havent actually had a chance to meet up before or anything ( Holidays = Busy + School = Homework) cause i know you said we couldn't unless you get to know us before hand. I need to know pretty much ASAP as i need to see if i can arrange a way of getting there, my mum was talking to me about it today and said i might not be able to go ( Mum + Dad = Work ) but she said if i found out the times and stuff she'd TRY and work somthing out. So if we can come, what times were you planning on having people come round and what time were you planning on kicking us out?

Yours sincerely
- PwnagE
x x x

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ah Pwnage I was going to ring you tonite. I ought to kill you Josh. that was such an evil joke why I oughta.....

3 days! w00t!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I ought to kill you Josh. that was such an evil joke why I oughta.....
Poor Josh, what did he do to deserve that? :p

Hey Pwnage, the tournament has no set time that I can think of, so just find out what would suit your parents best regarding you being dropped off, and we'll hold it sometime shortly after you arrive. Sounds logically fair

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Jon, i suffered 3 simultaneous heart attacks when i read your 'joke post'. If you do that again..... well lets just say it wont be pretty.

Mic, whats with threatening josh? It was jon who made that 'joke'. Threaten him.

Glenn, youd better come over, all the match ups i have written included you and your brother. If you cant you will be letting 10 other people down.

Yes, The Stichface is Kenton. He posted for a while and then just stopped. He knows whats going on through myself and josh.

Bruce??? hahahahahahahahahahahaha, oh god thats funny.

I hope everyone is ready for this. Please remember that we are the first ever australians to hold a tourney and the first ever to post videos on smashboards. So josh, try not to stuff up too much:p

2 days to go everyone, 2 days to go. lalalalalalalalalalalala

Krosa

Smash Rookie
Jon must have edited his post. Sorry Josh. Jon, why i oughta......*shakes fist*

1 day and 22 hours and 10 mins to go!

EDIT: OK, it's actually Mic here. I think I've found another Aussie on here! i'm at a net caf'e and thought it was still logged on from last time. Turns out, it's someone else!

EDIT 2: No, this is his first post. Sigh...

kupo

Smash Lord
I've only have UT and Q3A. =3...

I'm losing sleep. I just hope everything will go smooth tomorrow. Gonna have to rest heaps and stock on lotsa V and Red Bull for Tuesday. :D

**** you, woman! now i'm gonna have that song stuck in my head all day at work...
That's what makes you so cute,so cute, so cute, so cute, so cute!

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Okay, there has been a change of plan: My mum was not happy with the tourney being held on Thursday because she has clients that day. So I have decided to change the date to Friday, this also means that Glenn and James are allowed to come to the tournament, which is now on FRIDAY the 23rd. We also decided that everyone could come at 11am on the day at the earliest, and leave by 5pm, this should give us plenty of time for smashing, I'm presuming that the tournament will be finished by 5pm, so thats just if anyone wants to hang around afterwards for casual matches and other chit-chat. I'll hopefully be able to ring everyone tonight to confirm. The final safety net would be the Wednesday, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

So here are the mainpoints:
Tourney is now not on Thursday but Friday
Glenn and James are welcome to the tourney, I will get in contact with you soon for personal details
Come Friday no sooner than 11am, and try to leave around 5pm.

Gaming room is all set up, and we are have spent today getting everything ready and clean. See you at the tourney on Friday!

Vic peoples: My sister will be coming with us to the airport, with her car and ours, we can fit all the luggage and people in. Don't forget to pack games, controllers, autumnish clothes (it rained a bit today), and other stuff. I might speak to you all soon. Bye for now.

EDIT: Glenn check your PMs for my details
Mic: I can't find your phone number, can you send it to me via PM?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Friday the 23rd. Ill be there.

Melbourne clan: dont forget anything, enjoy the 4 hour plane flight;) . See you on tuesday!

Mic: Yes, i own starcraft 1 and broodwar expansion set. I really like that game but mum wont let me load it on the computer:(

Everyone else: 2 days to go, well, less than that. lalalalalalalalala

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Not quite a clip show, but nearly, considering...

Jon, i suffered 3 simultaneous heart attacks when i read your 'joke post'. If you do that again..... well lets just say it wont be pretty.
Lol. Riiight. :p

Jon, why i oughta......*shakes fist*
Why you ougta what? Whats with people threatening me? :p

Just wondering, does anyone here have starcraft?
I play WarCraft. But not StarCraft. You play WC?

FRIDAY the 23rd
Thats fine with me, but I object to a Saturday tournament, in case it needs last minute rescheduling for some unforseen reason. Reason for this is that I dont want to leave Perth grumpy ;)
*DK shrug*

Gaming room is all set up, and we are have spent today getting everything ready and clean. See you at the tourney on Friday!

Vic peoples: My sister will be coming with us to the airport, with her car and ours, we can fit all the luggage and people in. Don't forget to pack games, controllers, autumnish clothes (it rained a bit today), and other stuff. I might speak to you all soon. Bye for now.
Awesome.... awesome. Its good to know that the shuttling is under control. I will bring my 64 with games and stuff. Memory cards and control for cube, and perhaps an assortment of other gadgets.

Yes, i own starcraft 1 and broodwar expansion set. I really like that game but mum wont let me load it on the computer
He he he... why do I know that feeling? Actually my pc is just too slow to run most of the games I buy. Otherwise I would think that was just gay.

--==end of quoting==--

(insert evil grin of mischieviousness)
(add two pinches of excitement)
(take away one family)
End result: I'm actually going to Perth... wow.

I look forward to it every time I think about it. :)

kupo

Smash Lord
Cubed: I just have this feeling that I'll be facing you or Quez in the first round. Heh...

Quez: I heart you ;)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by kupo:
Cubed: I just have this feeling that I'll be facing you or Quez in the first round. Heh...
How'd you guess? In my match-ups you vs both of us, but right now my match-ups are in doubt to be used. Its a shame really.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Re: Not quite a clip show, but nearly, considering...

Originally posted by SabreAnt
I object to a Saturday tournament, in case it needs last minute rescheduling for some unforseen reason.
I also object, to the fact I can't go on sat.;)

Just checking, but is it ok if we go over tomorow? We were going to the 'port to say hi, but if we can go and play also....

Josh: I'll ring you tonite, unless you ring first.

BTW, 21 hours, 30 mins to go!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
UPDATE!

For all who view here just for the heck of it, everything (as far as I know) has gone smoothly. We all got a bit of a challenge, saw some freaky F-Zero clips (Mr EAD!) and got a good workout with a few games. And I'm bored.................lol

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so i'm guessing nothing's gone down yet, just friendlies? how're those matching up so far?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, just friendlies. The main tournie is on Friday. So far, it looks like it might come down to Josh vs Em. But only just.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Em, Cella and I are all huddled around the computer. Just to let Cory know that Em is really good with Falco, but Peach is more than enough for her to deal with. It looks pretty even so far. We are taping our matches so you can look at it once Jon organises it all. Cya.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
she can't deal with a peach as falco? poor girl... i guess i've been rooting for the loser all this time... ah well, still hoping she manages to get her act together and kick imposter josh ***! do it, emi! believe in the heart of the cards that and abuse short hop laser like a crazy *****! put peach in her place!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Tomorrow is the tourney everyone!!!!! Friday the 23rd of april 2004. The largest SSBM tournement to ever be held in Australia, and it consists of 12 people. Kinda sad isnt it. Oh well, it will be heaps of fun no matter what. Thanks to yours truly, taping the matches is as easy as pressing a button. Hold your thanks untill the tourney is over. Cant wait.

18 hours untill it begins!!!!!!!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Yes, today is the day. The day in which the Australian Smash Champion will be crowned. Who will it be?, only time will tell. In one hour and 7 minutes people will arrive at josh's house to begin play. It will all be taped and put on show for the world to see.

Good news everyone!!!!! I have told MarthMasterMD that we are holding a tourney and requested that he put a few aussie vids on the documentary that he is creating. For more information go to Melee Disscussion, Smash Documentary. It should be stickied.

See you at the tourney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'd say keep us updated, but i'm probably the only one interested...

so, keep me updated!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Well, it is over, The tourney has finished. Everyone arrived on the day and everyone played very well. We taped every match so look out for the vids soon. We did find out the ranking for everyone so here it is:

1st) Josh (Quetzalcoatl)
2nd) Emily (kupo)
3rd) Ryan (rmusgraves)
4th) Kenton (The Stichface)
5th) Jon(Sabreant) and Shannon (Cronos_Rainbow)
7th) Cella (Cronos_Rainbow), Mathew (Cubed64) and Bryce
10th) Glenn (Pwnage), James and Micheal (Mic_128)

So congratulations to Josh, who is from W.A. , our runner up Emily, who is from Vic. I had heaps of fun and i hope that everyone else did. Some of the matches were very intense and it should make a good DVD. Shame about the Video Recorder jon, but s*** happens.

When i get more specific details about the History excursion ill tell the Melbourne clan and maybe we can meet up again.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey everyone!

That was not only an extremely fun tournament, but it was an extremely fun week (at least for the days I went) as well. I enjoyed meeting with the Melbourners, and I enjoyed versing them. However, I do feel slightly annoyed that in coming third, I didn't get the oppurtunity to be owned by Emily (Kupo (The person who came 2nd)).

Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Until next time, see you all later

kupo

Smash Lord
I'm back at home. The sickness of leaving Perth is still with me, and I totally regret saying that I wanted to stay at three days max. Cella was a little bit upset about leaving [so was I] and we held back our tears and stuff. It was a fun stay and I would never give up the opportunity to go back again.

On the tourney day, I was psyched up. I was hoping that Josh would have the brackets changed [He obviously didn't bother changing with the brackets he had first. You ******* :p], and we went on with what we had.

The match ups we had in the first rounds were:

Kenton Vs Cella
Josh Vs Mic
Glenn Vs Bryce
Jon Vs Mat
Em Vs James
Shaz Vs Ryan

The matches were pretty intense especially with Mat's Falco against Jon's Samus. I seriously thought Jon would immediately lose to Falco [Matches were played on PokeStadium and Fourside]. Everytime Jon would fire a mis-timed beam shot, I literally felt like slapping the **** out of Jon. But I must say, that Jon did pretty well [on Fourside] considering the fact that Mat had the advantages in that level. The match went on for like Five minutes.

When I was up against Jame's Marth in the first round, I didn't hold anything back and was abusing Falco's spike. He got mauled at everything I threw at him. Heck, I felt stupid in the second round when I illusioned off the edge on Kongo Jungle.
I felt pretty bad after the touney finished. At least, I should've let him have his glory beating me in the first round.
Hopefully in the next Competition [If there is], we'll never meet up.

After the match with James, I went ahead with Shaz[Fox]. After playing with each other for like a year and a bit, I again, felt like it was an unfair match. In most of the games I had played with him[Falco Vs Fox], I had won most of them. I knew exactly how he'd played. After winning both rounds, I had a Bye in the next round [D*mn you again Josh] and was automatically into the finals.

And then I was pitted against the host of the tourney and my most feared player, Josh[Quez]. When the matches had started, I had almost wanted to throw the match, knowing that I wouldn't stand a chance. Even if I had beat him 50/50, still I feared Peach and I hated tunips[:p]. On the levels we played [Green Greens and Peaches Castle], I had practically dominated Josh. Since we both play so much on Final destination, he didn't have much of a liking towards stages with platforms, well, from my view ;).
Winning my first two matches, he was immediately sent to the Loser's Bracket to face Ryan [Yoshi]. I swear to god, that frikken Yoshi Story level is played so much! It was funny how it took Quez 6 times to knock off Yoshi.
After beating ryan, again, I was up against him. Losing a second stock on Kongo Jungle by spiking of the edge [right side of stage]. *** of a thing, I thought I was a total goner when I coped three up smashes. I managed to pull through, and ended up spiking Peach to her doom.
The last two matches, was where I began to choke so bad. Eating tunips and getting butt-slapped out of illusion. Ugh, he even got lucky and picked the bob-omb[dwn B]. At almost instant he threw it at me and I ended up SHL it.
And the next match. Prfff. Total PWN4g3. Even Sd'd on last stock :p. I suck.

Anyhow, Josh came first. All he gets is just bragging rights.

And I just get more hate from Peach.

The People I want to thank:
Mat/Cubed: Without your VCR to record vids, we can never show our matches on the boards. Wish I could've Vs'd you in casual matches. A nice defensive Falco play you have.

Ryan: Heh, didn't get to Vs you on 1vs1. I would love to get owned by you. If you did vs and beat me, you'd be more superior than Shaz ;). I was amazed with the match when you owned Cella. The Phantom Punch was on your side.

Mic: Thanks for the site seeing tour of Perth. Talk about Mic and Ryan beating us in the team tournament! omfg!

Josh: For making this tournament possible. And inspiring me to get better and not cocky. Also, showing me some of the smash vids [Azen vs Chllin' and Cauthan Luck vs BFB]. ****, I need to see more.

Kenton/Bryce: A pleasure to meet you guys. To be truthful, I was afraid of Kenton[?]'s Sheik.

Glenn/James: Again, It's a pleasure to meet you guys. I hope that the matches that you've seen, inspire you. James, I'm a ***** and I'm terribly sorry about the match-up we had. Blame it on Josh/Cubed as well. ;)

The vic crew: For making this trip possible and much more fun. I love you guys. ^^.
Sorry for slapping you in balls Shaz.

Katrina: For allowing to stay over and make this trip possible[Also to Josh's dad]. Thank you so much.

That's all for now. I'll add more If i've forgotten stuff. See ya'll.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Kupo:
Mat/Cubed: Without your VCR to record vids, we can never show our matches on the boards. Wish I could've Vs'd you in casual matches. A nice defensive Falco play you have.
Awwww shucks.... It was no problem. I have no doubt you would have owned me though, your falco is more advanced than mine.

Jon: Speaking of vids, how long will it take you to get them on the net? No rush or anything, its just, AUSTRALIAN HISTORY!!!

Oh yeah, my new signature kicks ***!!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by kupo
Mic: Thanks for the site seeing tour of Perth. Talk about Mic and Ryan beating us in the team tournament! omfg!
No probs. I hope you all enjoyed the suprise visit to parliment house.(I mant to go there ;)) I'm annoyed about vsing Josh first off. I WAS ROBBED PEOPLE! Oh well. And Kupo, I am so disapointed about the team tounie final. If only you didn't get a life stolen, then killed by Cella. :chuckle: And I want to see those "Profile pics" put up Jon. I gotta see the others!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Kupo
Ryan: Heh, didn't get to Vs you on 1vs1. I would love to get owned by you. If you did vs and beat me, you'd be more superior than Shaz . I was amazed with the match when you owned Cella. The Phantom Punch was on your side.
I'd like that a lot kupo.

And to Cella, I still want that rematch! There's a possibility that I might be possibly able to maybe possibly maybe maybe possibly go to Melbourne at the end of year hols (after uni finishes). So, be warned... be very warned.

Winning my first two matches, he was immediately sent to the Loser's Bracket to face Ryan [Yoshi]. I swear to god, that frikken Yoshi Story level is played so much! It was funny how it took Quez 6 times to knock off Yoshi.
I swear that was the level! THE LEVEL! :cry: :cry:
Meh, nevertheless, Josh played well and he deserved his place. Although kupo came ridiculously close to taking it too.

And Jon, (not trying to hurry you or anything) could you give us a rough approximation of how long you think you're gonna be? Cool thanx.

See you all later(hopefully later this year)

bye Bye!

EDIT: Hey guys, could you PM me ur emails? That way we can talk to each other more often if we're on MSN at the same time by some freak co-incidence. Cool. See ya!

EDIT #2: I like the pic kupo

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
This game's winner is...

Greetings to you all ladies, gentlemen, uppachumps, and stupid sexy zombies alike. I finally got on the net tonight. Took a bit. I dont know what you people expect me to put up, but first, me and Shaz will sort through the vids sometime very soon and decide which are worthy, and which are just plain funny. *thinks about the triple tipper on Falco...*

I expect you to all email/pm me your bio's soon or else I will be forced to create my own for you. This is not desirable for you ;). I can put up some pics but I see no point at this time as there is nothing to go with them. Regarding the bio's, you also need to choose a song(or tune) for each status. (normal, evil, and gay)

To you Josh, I wish to extend my extreme gratitude for you ability to create an overwhelmingly homely feel in a matter of minutes. We were so comfy at your place it was bizarre. Thanks for being cooler than we expected ;) Thanks also to your mum who fed us and gave us a place to sleep. She was also interesting so that is greatly to her credit, as a lot of mums dont care about their childrens friends, but she made the effort and talked with us in great detail about her profession and schooling. In depth stuff to say the least. Thank Jess for us too because she made our transport so much simpler and smoother and she was also smiling from start to finish, it was as though we were her friends almost straight away too. Peter and Rachael were nice too but we had little contact with them, still regardless of that our, or at least my, experiences with them were positive and they managed to maintain the fact that despite us being strangers, you are a very loving and warm family. Thanks for this experience Josh.

Videos are yet to be put up, but the screening process has already begun, I have started to label tapes more detailed and have a good idea of whats hot and whats not. More soon.

-Edit- Honourable mention goes to both Mat and to Mic. Thanks M&M for you warm welcome and instant friendship. It was great to feel so wanted somewhere when had simply jumped off a plane from 1000's of km's away. Ryan, you too proved to be more than just another gamer, thanks for not being quiet and reserved, but actually smashing it with the best of us, and actually beating me in the later rounds. You made a lovely job of beating my 2nd stock, which will most certainly make it on the net, under the highlights section. Well done. Kenton, Bryce, Glenn and James, I didnt speak much or even game much with you fellas but you also seemed like very nice and friendly guys too. Thanks for cooperating with the pics taken on the day and I hope to see you again sometime. Kenton didnt deserve 4th! Nooo me and Shaz are both better. I guess it all came down to him not having to vs me, and countering Shaz in two ways that led to his placing, so thats my only bitter thought about Friday. Still he was a good sport about being mauled in FFA's and not being able to win any of those, except 1 I think. He was cool. Glenn and James I hope you guys learned some tricks from this tournament and I wish to see you progress and beat able to conquer us at some point. If you choose to is up to you but never give up because Emily wavedashes like a clown. Remember the golden rule: Use your strongest and slowest move and she'll walk straight into it! :) I hear she falls for it. :p ;)

*oobity!*

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hi all...just one thing to say have to rush off to Jons....
Josh may not post about being the best, nor may he post about being the best in Aus for that matter.....we had an agreement that if I beat him in the grudge match he'd only post the winner of the tourny(which is true and even I'm proud of him for it)....so yeah....U LOST ALL THE GRUDGE MATCHES TO MEEEE JOSH!!! That's right, he lost to number 5!...hold on joint number five....even lamer MUAHAHAHHAHA! Spectacular work though beating Em twice in a row to take the tourny though.....really impressive.
Cella cried on the plane BTW, she missed you lot already.
Anyway off to see Falcon!!!! OOooooOOOoooohhh!!!!

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone for your compliments, I really appreciate them. I had a great time and it was a pleasure to have you all over, you are all such friendly people and I really hope that we can do this again, maybe next time we can go to melbourne for the 'Western Invasion'!

My new sig is under construction at the moment

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
No worries Josh. You are most welcome to any and all compliments you get from us. We mean them. I like the idea of a Western Invasion, perhaps if your boys can put your heads together and plan ahead early, we may see you as early as next year. All of you. That would be awesome.

Rematch Ryan on Kanto. Ganondorf vs Yoshi. (I REFUSE TO BE OWNED) :p

Top Bottom