• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

kupo

Smash Lord
Jonk:Ten in the morning? Can't we go at twelve-ish? Sure, it's fine by me, but...godd*mn. Mums gonna start lecturing me about "Respect". I even got it when I was meeting up with Shaz first time. Ugh, it just annoys the h*ll outta me.
Anyhoo, it's a fine date by me and I don't work on Saturdays no more!! Drag Shaz and Leena as well.

Well its great that you are coming over too,Sabreant, but how dare you just assume that VIC is better than any other state!!! We have no way to see which state is better untill you and kupo come over to Perth. Untill then please refrain from making unfounded statements that have no proof what so ever. Anyway, it is so crystal clear that WA absolutly PWNZ when it comes to Smash. We also have to play DD, SC2 and F-Zero GX, just for fun.
Man, just take a chill pill.
Sure there's no proof of who's better. It's safe to assume that you have more competition than us Vics, but it doesn't show that "WA absolutely PWNZ when it comes to smash".
Untill then please refrain from making unfounded statements that have no proof what so ever.
Ditto to you.

*~*~* Ja ne, minna*~*~*

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
If it was a week or so earlier, I'd say this Saturday (as in the 7th)... I mean, I've got Military Band stuff that Sunday, but the next week a dentist appointment... Look, there's no time that's actually better, so let's just keep that for now.

Time: Maybe 11 or so. I don't want to come home, start eating a proper breakfast and see you guys walk in the door. My friends will probably be there for just the afternoon. I guess you're assuming you'll have lunch at my place (not entirely sure about your attitude to dinner). Weekends + lunch = time to watch RAW or SmackDown!, something like that.

Anyway, I'll confirm sometime on the weekend (not date, possibility).

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Well, i was aware that i completely contradicted myself in my own post, so lets all laugh and get over it. Anyway, good news, we unearthed some more smash players who were hovering in other forums. One seems very confident about his smash skills and doesnt see himself losing too bad. The other says he isnt that good but would like to come and play anyway,but, who knows? Maybe he is really good but just needs some training. So with myself, Quetza, The stichface, his brother, Mic-128, rmusgraves, Pwnage and his brother and this new kid makes a grand total of 9 players. WIth kupo and Sabreant coming over it would bump that total up too 11. Oh boy am i looking forward to it!:) :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cubed64
So with myself, Quetza, The stichface, his brother, Mic-128, rmusgraves, Pwnage and his brother and this new kid makes a grand total of 9 players. WIth kupo and Sabreant coming over it would bump that total up too 11
Who hoo he hee hee. YES! Ha ha HA!
11! This is gonna kick! BTW, Pwnage, We are gonna have to get together after I finish moving. Started shifting stuff today and it is amazing how much junk was in our shed, and how many spiders must have been there (spiders and their webs -eek!) Hopefully well be done by the end of the weekend. Yay. So frigin tiring. So.....:sleep:

EDIT: Rmusgrave's got a friend who'll come as well. Whoo. 12 then! Yay. G'night all.:sleep:

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
mic, I'm hosting an exchange student from Japan for about a month (arrives on the 15th) so the best time for us to meet up will probably have to be the holidays, which i believe is around when kupo and sabreant were planning on coming. There was also another person i got in contact with in perth who said he'd rather watch than play, he says he's not good at the game cos he has no competition. Whether he watches or decides to play, thats 13 people.
Which raises another issue i've been thinking about, (I'll put this in an another post)

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Tournament Rules anyone? I was hoping we could discuss how we'd want the rules to be when we play. So we can get straight into smashing.

Firstly, I'm sure everyone agrees on stock matches, for fun, i'd say 3 lives, but when we are seriously playing, 4/5 lives.

Items: Frankly I hate em, Low/Very Low/No items is all i can stand, on Medium it still seems to be raining items.
If items are turned on, I think the recovery items, hammer, cloaking device and starman should be turned off (i think there is something else im forgetting). My vote goes to no items though.

Stages: In my opinion, No Big Blue, Pokefloats, Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Ride, both mushroom kingdoms, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Great Bay (bottom part is cheap), Yoshi 64, Hyrule (it makes the games go for too long, plus fox is too advantaged on this level). All those levels i am strongly against (i still think i'm missing some), there are a lot of levels left that I still dislike (eg. Peach's Castle and Venom), but we can still vote on that. Personally I like the levels Final Destination, Corneria, Fountain of Dreams, Mute City, Kirby 64, Battlefield and Pokemon Stadium (I'll edit if i forgot something).

Comments and suggestions would really help

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Tourney Rules: I vote very low/no items because the whole point of having a tourney is to see who is skilled with different characters and not with items. If we do have items we would need to turn off a few (eg: starman, recovery) because that completely defeats the purpose of skilled playing.

Stages: Some of the best stages are just simple flat ones. I agree on all of the stages that Quetza said.

We will also need to figure out how many people per fight, 2,3 or 4. In the proper tourney it would be best to have 1 vs 1 but we should do some others just for fun.

With 13 people, it should make it the single largest tourney is WA. Although that is very, very good, i see a problem. How are we going to fit 13 people into your TV room Quetza, and also, somehow i dont see your mum being too happy with 13 people and 8 complete strangers just waltzing into her house, and then there's the food consumption. I think we might have to plan this a little more carefully than originally thought.

And last but not least, i'll see if i can borrow my uncles video camera so we can tape the matches with sound.

I cant wait :chuckle: :chuckle:

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Hehe, don't worry i have a few plans to sort it out. The first is to TRY and get as many people who iare interested in Perth to come over my house separately, to get to know them, just us and them, or even just me and them. Then mum can get to know them more. That would mean i could tell mum that only 2 new people are coming on the tourney day... With the issue on space, I have a good feeling things will work out in the end, but i can't say anything for the moment ;).

And I definitely thought about food consumption too. Its either bring your own food or drinks, or i'll have to charge entry fee to pay mum off. Which brings me to one thing that would add a bit of thought to the tournament.

How about prize money? Everyone could pay a certain amount for entry into the tournament, and then the winner takes 75% of the total, 2nd place gets 10% and 3rd gets 5% or something. So if entry is $7, then the winner gets about $70. Its not too bad and its not a huge gamble or anything, plus I wouldn't mind $70 extra.

Mat, do you have a tripod with the camera, otherwise it might be a pain to keep still

kupo

Smash Lord
Just like the American tournies ;). Just check out the other tourney threads.
I'm against Hyrule and the Yoshi Island 64, mostly on camping issues. I'm fine with the other levels (Randomly chosen).

Recovery items are out. Everything else stays on.

I still find it strange that it's even called a tourney.:p
Anyways, if your mum is fine with 13 peeps yurning up, surely she wouldn't mind us staying over...riiiight?

SupaMario

Smash Apprentice
where are the Australian Tourney's held, ive never been in one, i just want to see how its like, but i dont know where they are?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
That true, but then there never has been an offical tournament in Australia because that would require the co-operation of Nintendo, and they honestly couldn't give a rats about any less than 100 people gathering I would think. On that note, there's really never been an offical 'unofficial' tournament either, so thats also a gay ***.

it would bump that total up too 11.
Awesome...

But yeah I'm all for a prize money pool, and stuff. I'll gladly bring drinks and eats if is so required. Btw, it turns out that I could literally come to Perth as soon as next week, but that simply isn't practical for me, and sure as he1l isn't warning enough for Emily's parents I would assume. I had another thought, but its gone now. Oh, and as regards stages, I just dont want moving ones, but I insist that Hyrule and Great Bay be left in the random stage selector. Sure you can get screwed on them, but I tell ya, the most likely person to abuse any stage niggles would be Emily, and all of us here in VIC can screw her back just as hard. So its all fun. Why whinge about matches taking long time? Thats cool, makes it exciting! Bah, if I'm seriously outvoted on the day then I'll concede them being turned off, but I'll steal you socks in the night! I swear it :p

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
Okay SabreAnt, this situation just got pretty screwed.

My parents are like, psycho about internet meetings and stuff, they keep mentioning pedophiles and stuff. I guess it's probably off, but I'm still trying to convince them... Unless you can provide something as extreme as, like, legal proof of self, then I can't see anything happening in the future.

It won't be the last of me though, some help please?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Heh, yeah well who's to say I should trust you any more than you me I guess then hey? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No problem dude, easy solution. Get your parents to call me up. The numbers (03) 9799-2528. Heh, pedophile indeed. If that dont work I'll rock up sometime pretending to be some new friend from school and then you can introduce me properly after they like me :) **** I'll bring a d@mn picture of my family and my bloody birth certificate if I have to. Bottom line: Your parents wont stop me from playing smash with you guys. :chuckle:

Call that number!

kupo

Smash Lord
Pushing from Jon to Jonk. That's why he's wanting to Vs you Richaod. But beware of the power that will be unleashed. The power of Jonneik. Fear it WA...Fear it...

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
You have nothing to fear in Jon 'cept for a overinflated ego fueled soundly by a giant punch.
The real deal is here and queer...it's CHICKEN MAN (bah bah bum bah!)
<----Seriously considering a Perth visit.
^seriously considering Jon as a potential partner ;)
^^ Seriously wants his phone to ring in an attempt to convince his mum he really does have friends! :p LoL Jonno you magnificent bast.....umm, barstool.

SupaMario

Smash Apprentice
oh ok:)ill stop asking about it then, but does anyone here live in sydney, sabreant, say that your hes best friend, maybe they'll think or know your kind

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey Em see this :p

Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow

I'll give a more in depth meaning of shine: a fruitier way to refer to reflector commonly used by attention wh0res such as Cory.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Cory then said this)
you're just jealous you're all the way in australia with no one good to play against. emi? good? pffft! yeah, go ahead and tell her i said that.

Nyahahah! He's so gay!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
:confused:
Anyway, if Chronos comes too then (13+1=.....uh...*gets calculator* That means there's gonn be LOW BATTERY PEOPLE COMING! Waitaminute........14! Cool!
Hey, Sabre, did you see who got excluded from nominations, hmm?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Well, my mum wasnt to happy about the prospect of me meeting 8 complete stangers but mic and musgraves didnt turn out to be psycho's (more or less) so i guess things are just going to have to work themselves out. Not everyone on the internet is a psycho.

Originally by Kupo:
Pushing from Jon to Jonk. That's why he's wanting to Vs you Richaod. But beware of the power that will be unleashed. The power of Jonneik. Fear it WA...Fear it...
What are you smoking?!?

kupo

Smash Lord
CORY: I love/hate you.

C_R: Checked the thread. Check what Cory wrote...:D
I seriously doubt you'll come :p.

Quez: Has your mum allowed us to stay? I'll be nice...

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Now that it is official that you are coming over Kupo and Sabreant, what do you plan on doing while you are over here(apart from playing smash)? Where will you be staying? Have you planned out the time and date of arrival or are you going to do that later? Have you been to Perth before? Hopefully we can all meet up more than once but with 14 people coming that will take massive planning by myself and Quetzalcoatl so forward all the details ASAP to Quetzalcotal through MSN so we can then contact the other Perth players and arrange something. Thanks.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Dale>Shaz at being gay...

I'll certainly be coming, when I'm not sure yet. But yeah I just bought what I think will work for taping matches to PC. Ok, I'll install and test it tonight, but I'm playing OoT and its bloody fun :) Up to Water Temple Boss atm.

Richaod, tell me more clearly what you mean regards calling me... I dont get what you said.

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty then, I don't think this is going to happen.

Now my parents are just telling me not to play games too often, and not outside my circle of friends.

So unless we go extremely extreme...

Don't think it's going to work though. If I ask about it again, there'll probably be attempted murder in my house.

And they're not even willing to call.:(

Okay, so it's probably off in that case...

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
:rolleyes:

What a disappointment. That sucks. In fact that sucks so much I cant be bothered trying anymore. You have my number. If you ever want to organise something then you must be the one who arranges it. I'm not going to be bothered if people cant try to make things work. In case you are interested, just make up a story to them about us being your new friends from school. You dont have to if you dont want to lie, but it sounds to me like they have far to much control over you. Just a thought.

kupo

Smash Lord
I've had a feeling that it won't work out. It's understandable. But streching the date far out til now kinda annoys me.

But hey, who cares! P.T's coming up! Crono and Leena say they're comin'. I'll shout em' both a ticket if I have to! :D.
Hey, what about Team Matches? Jonneh's likes Team.

KekeKeke, four people comin' Josh...eh, better check nearby motels in case...

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
ATT WA PLAYERS: When is your school holidays? I need an exact date from start to finish. Is it in April? Tell me asap so I can make plane arrangements. Also, happy Birthday to Em who turned 18 today! Yay!

Richaod: I thought about it and I've cooled down. I was cut at you but hey, if you mum says it isnt cool then ok. Still, you're missing out on some good matches you realise. I'm all good now. The bottom line is I dont like getting stuffed around. The door is always open, remember.

I think I need a sandwich...

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Originally posted by kupo

KekeKeke, four people comin' Josh...eh, better check nearby motels in case...
humminawha? is this another josh or are you trying to confuse me? or both... anyways,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMI!

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Happy Birthday for Yesterday Em!

Cory, My name is also Josh.

Jon, Holidays for term 1 are from 8th of April to 27th April. I think thats correct but i'll let you know if that changes. But it should still give you an idea.

Em, Crono and Leena coming is great, Team Matches are a must. I'll see what i can do about where you can stay.

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. 'Tis not my fault. I'm just as annoyed.

There is a relatively simple way to find out my phone number, but I'd rather you didn't use it.

And don't try the school thing. It'll won't work - trust me.

I'm still posting here though.

kupo

Smash Lord
Ah, you peoples are so nice! Thank jas! *murp*yum*

Quez a.k.a Josh: We'll come on the first week of the holidays. Still, we're discussing how long we'll be staying. I was thinking 3-5 days max. We'll see...

humminawha?
LMAO. You funky, funny boy.
Cory is Cory-kun. Josh is Josh-kun.
I likes Cory long hard in my pants. :D ;)

*~*~*~*
Happeh Valentines Day!
*~*~*~*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Still posting here doesnt help us to VS does it?

Thanks for the dates Josh, I'll attempt to sort out plane tickets as soon as poss. *EDIT* Btw Josh, if you could please give me some of your details ph no etc I would appreciate it. Make sure to include a STD code of you give me the number. I dont know what WA's is..

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by kupo
four people comin'
Allright!! The more the merrier. Now with 16 people coming it should be even more fun. To put our videos on smashboards we will have to start up a small website over angelfire or something. Getting the videos from the VHS to the computer seems to be the hardest step, anyone got any ideas?

Only a few weeks to the biggest Super Smash Brothers Melee tourney Australia has ever seen!!! Cant wait!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Actually, for me to put up vids on the internet is relatively simple nowadays. I just haven't gotten to the recording stage yet. It's as simple as taping the matches onto your VCR and leaving the rest to me. I'll bring the tape back with me to Vic and put it up. I can do that for sure.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is cool! I can't wait for this torney.

To tape on VCR you need 50Hz mode don't you? But computers use 60Hz mode. AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I'm confused!!!!!!!:crazy:

Top Bottom