• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

kupo

Smash Lord
Originally posted by CORY
heh, kupo, i'll be going to that tourney ( ^ ). you should try to make it so we can finally meet and i can completely dominate you in smash. and you can also see naruto. lots of it.
Haha, I feared that it'd be early March or something :p before I read the thread. Can't guarantee for sure I'll be going though...But I'll try my d*mnest (and I mean it) to make it. That'll mean I have to work my *** off...ah well. Work Hard, play hard.
Yesh! Naruto! :D:D:D

Bah, you're never online msn no more:p. *goes download AIM*

None of us are listed under Australia in the Smashers by Region thread. Unfortunately, its closed for the time being, but once its up and running again, we should get our names on that list!
You'll have to PM Amorasaki/PimpLuigi to get added on the list.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Nightmare? Bah! Cervantes or Ashtoroth will do. There are in SC arent they? Or am I getting it mixed up with something else? Anyway, the countdown has begun people: 11daystogo. (P)

Me, Cronos, Kupo and Leena played smash on Saturday. Hooray for FFA! Down with Falco. *boos Emily* and Yeah btw Em, why's my GDorf crap? He beat your Fox quite convincingly :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
SabreAnt: Yeah, Cervantes and Asteroth are in SC. I personally use Link, Nightmare, Lizardman and Taki.

Kenton, if you see this before Tuesday, Make sure you bring your town. I got stuff to give (and sell, hehe)

Oh, Quetza, you asked what I'm doing at tafe. I'm doing a Teachers Assistant course. I'm actually thinking of becoming a teacher (AHHHHHHHH!!!!). I just can't get used to it. But it'd be Primary school kids. I can't handle kids like me:).

kupo

Smash Lord
Fox vs G-dawg? *thinks back*

Hmm, my Fox sucks majorly. All I wanted to do was shine, wavedash and up-smash. Man, I need walls :p.

why's my GDorf crap?
it's crap against others :p. Booya!

CORY: *Tries to convince Parents* :( *thumbs down*
Oh well...
*goes again*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
it's crap against others :p. Booya!
Booya? You sound like Dale that fhag. D@mn jerk sends me a msg saying he got back from Cairns, and added that on the end.

I dont like to use the same character for more than a match in a row because I like to spread out, which is ironically the good point you singled out whilst at Shaz's. Oh well. He's adequate then.. can we agree to that? btw how can your Fox suck when your Falco is so snappy? Granted they are not identical but the are very similar.

Cervantes it will be then. I may try out Nightmare just to piss you off though... :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Kupo, are you still coming over here sometime? If so, With Tafe starting soon and such, you might want to wait until the Easter Holidays. Oh and Josh, I'll get you next time. No one beats my link with Raphiel and gets away with it!

kupo

Smash Lord
During April is a no-no (Well, maybe a yes), depending if I can convince my parents in allowing me to attend the tourney that snex mentioned before. I can't really fly from W.A then to America y'know:p.
Early February-March? You got Tafe and I got work. I can't really afford to miss out a week of work without my *** being fired, since I've worked for a month and a bit...that would make me look bad.
Perhaps a later date...If I can rack up more than (or at least) five grand and getting a ticket to the yanke territory cheap by April consider the chances high :).

*fingers cross*

Jon: I rocked Shaz and Lenna's Marth with Roy. :D
Man, you should've stayed back for a while.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Man, you should've stayed back for a while.
I know, I know! Argh! All I did when I got home was sleep anyway, I didn't even end up going out. Oh well. Such is life eh? I would have very much liked to have seen that match Emily, you must do it again sometime. Heh heh, we played Smash and MKDD at Shaz's yesterday and last night, and it was awesome fun! Was Shazcock, Leena, Dale and I. Man, Dale never won a single race, and we did over 30! Nearly 40 I think. Smash was fun too, because everyone underestimates the power of the Jon when he controls a bottom tier character! MUHAHAHAHAAAA! Mewtwo Strikes, Bowser Hammered, and DK ruled!

*powertrip over*

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Travelling is out of the question for me. I live in Cairns, where very few people own Gamecubes. If I could, I'd love to come down there and deliver/recieve some butt kicking in a tourney, but it looks like it ain't gonna happen.

* BIG SIGH *!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hey, Em, let me know when you are able to come with us to Templestowe, and see if you can organise something appropriate with Shaz/Leena if you see them before me next. Oh yeah, Richaod, PM me your address sometime in the near future, and we'll organise something once the gang, I and you are all in agreement for venue - time - date. Whatever the date it will definitely be after February starts. Am getting P's on 29th. 6 days! WOOHOO!

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I actually thought differently to that. School starts on the 30th. Oh well, at least there's something to do on the last week (ROYAL RUMBLE... should be entertaining), so schme.

It's possible that there could be a party or something in late February, but it's not at my house. In any case, I'll invite over some friends (who are good at SSBM and learning in SCII like me), so I can say I had bad competition if I suck. My bad form seems to be changing into strange technique. That can't be all bad, but I'm confused.

One more thing. Are you guys actually some of the best Victorian players? I really need to know if I can claim a high SSBM status or something like that... wording it stupidly... I know.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
As far as Victoria goes, it is safe to say that until proven wrong, our smash posse pretty much sets the standard for the state. Granted there is probably a better player or two strewn around in a dark corner or two, but until the ever come out of the shadows, we will rule! MUAHAHAA! I dont expect heaps and heaps from anyone who hasn't had a least a year or so of l33t competition vs humans, but hey, you may surprise us all with your own off-beat style of gaming hey? That'd be cool for you and us alike. You'd win, we'd learn ;)

Situation under control *powertrip over*

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Quote by Mic-128
Oh and Josh, I'll get you next time. No one beats my link with Raphiel and gets away with it!
That was so funny, i could see that both you and ryan were really getting annoyed by joshes constant forward+Y abuse. Although you beat us i still think 30-21 wasnt too bad for a first attempt. Oh and just one more thing, next time we have a tourney, please don't choose the original DK stage, I couldnt play to my fullest potential because my eyes were blinded by the horrible background.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Not that I'd be coming to any tourney of yours in the near future, but whats wrong with the old DK stage? I love that stage, its awesome. In, fact I still like it better than most of the melee ones. :p Bah, some people have no taste! :D

MUHAHA! Emily, beware, your Falco is going down to me next time we meet. Vs who you ask!? Well, you'll have to see. You wont expect it. I've been training someone new. Ahh, Shaz is gonna cop it too! Nyuk nyuk nyuk.. :chuckle:

kupo

Smash Lord
Murp, Yum, Murp, Yum ;).

Haha, my eyes hurt when two docs (white/blue) fight out on brinstar depths(long hard in my pants).=P

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, I shall be there *murp*yum*.
*murp*yum* I'm gonna show off Roy. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. :D

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: You hack :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You are such a tool Em! :p

I'll whip your *** into shape when we play.

Pwnage

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, i registered here just so i could post in this thread :D
I live in Perth, if anyone in perth is organising a tourny LMK.
Me and my brother are the best out of anyone i know (which doesn't say much since my friends don't own gamecubes :p )
He plays as Marth ALL THE TIME (and it shows) , where as i like to change characters every match or so but i suppose im best with Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo and sometimes Peach.

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, Raphael's 6BBB (talking arcade-style here) is the cheapest move ever - though it basically finished all of Weapon Master Mode for me, I'd never play anyone abusing it in real life. Xianghua's good enough for me... AA4BBB and 1kAAB (I think) work well. Personally, I think Link's projectiles are good, but easy to sidestep, and not a good replacement for a possible 27 combination button-press moves, not even counting combos, other stances or sidestep attacks. There's not nearly enough swordplay from him.

Now, out of SCII jargon, I do dislike the Kongo Jungle 64 stage, but not nearly as much as my friends. For true competition, I play 5 stock, Final Destination, no items. I also like Corneria, Temple, Great Bay, Kongo Jungle (Melee version) - Brinstar Depths is just stupid, some fat idiotic monster with spikes in his beer gut and three pupiless eyes going around rotating an extremely design-flawed rock is not my idea of game design.

What else? Do Ganondorf players short jump a lot? I just discovered it's infinite amount of uses.

Final note: Voldo is a freak. Don't forget it.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Pwnage, where abouts in Perth are you? It would be great to meet up. I have 3 friends that play smash seriously, also mic_128 has a friend who also plays smash bros. (rmusgrave). We have all met up at my house i think about 4 or 5 times now for some melee matches, soul calibur 2 and other games. Can you give us a bit more details about yourself?

kupo

Smash Lord
Ah more Perth players...I should ditch the crew here and go over there, since they're all crap :p. I'll come by at Easter, since my workplace closes during Easter. Whop de doo.

There ya go mic.:)

*~*~*
(listens to Hikari midi over 20 times)
*~*~*

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
During Easter now? that should be good. Is the Hikari midi from Kingdom Hearts? I am also addicted to 'simple and clean'.

"I live in Perth, if anyone in perth is organising a tourny LMK."
What is LMK?

Pwnage

Smash Rookie
What is LMK?
LMK = Let me know

Can you give us a bit more details about yourself?
I live in Ballajura, im a guy, im 16 and my brother is 13. If you need to know anything else just ask.

I think it would be awsome if we could all meet up and have a smashfest ^_^

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
do you have msn? I live in east cannington, i don't know exactly how far that is from ballajura, but so far its been the only place we have met up (my house).
are you in yr 12 this year?
are you confident about your skills in melee (in other words, do you think you'll beat us?)
um i can't think of anything else at the moment, but if you can get msn it would a lot of help.

kupo, sabreant, richaod, mic etc.: do you have msn? if you don't, get it!

my e-mail is qzxkj@hotmail.com

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
MUHAHA! Emily, beware, your Falco is going down to me next time we meet. Vs who you ask!? Well, you'll have to see. You wont expect it. I've been training someone new. Ahh, Shaz is gonna cop it too! Nyuk nyuk nyuk..
Fear not Jon's extremely gay!(in the sexual manner not the smashism one....there hes above average...where I am above his average :p "nyuk nyuk")
PS: Cella ownz Jon :)

I should ditch the crew here and go over there, since they're all crap
Last I heard ure AZN friends all own you.....besides I own you also...not much of a true statement there Em...*sigh*

Dale>Jon sometimes....just so you can give him SOME credit. I do however think Jon wasn't fully concentrating but that's just my speculating....I think Dale does own pretty good considering he has no frickin cube. What a toasty fhag.

Emily you have to come stay over again with Jonny (who is pushing to become Jonk) so we can determine how true the statements you two have made are!

I'll vs the both of you using Giant Fighting Invisible Metal Star-Man Lightning Bunny-Hooded Giga-Marth with a Super Mushroom in Super Sudden Death where the Bob-ombs rain down! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAH!

kupo

Smash Lord
Last I heard ure AZN friends all own you.....
Things change shaz ;).
I'm beating them constantly though, not losing consecutively often as I used to.
...But I'm not convinced that they're were playing their fullest during the time. We'll see sometime in the future.

I wasn't aiming for a true statement nor being serious about it CR.

My schedules are real tight at the moment. I have a real difficult time doing things I want to catch up on. Sleep dominates me as I have work. My manager is an A55, asking me at the end of the week to work on Saturdays. In addition, I've got stuff to plan out with friends.

D*mn my morals...*sigh*

Queza:
ddrmaniac13@hotmail.com

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Shaz you smashoid! I have never seen a more bs formula than Dale>Jon! What!!! NOOO! Eh hem. Excuse me. If you're referring to that night when I didnt stay over, then yeah I dont know what happened so no comment. :p Credit where credit's due, Dale has a knack for exploiting the weakness of others on a semi-regular basis and using Sheik's cheaper tactics to his advantage. *coughb1tchslapcough*

PS: Cella ownz Jon
Yeah, she won, and pretty fairly too. I'm still proud of my DK though. :) Good match that one.

By the way people, I have my P's, as of the 29th. Am now legally driving. :D

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
great talking to you last night, em, jon, i didn't get to let you know that i enjoyed it
Yeah, it was cool. Thanks also.

I am the button mashing king of SCII! Fear me!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Pwnage

I live in Ballajura
O_O :eek: :crazy: :laugh: :rotfl: :sleep:
*wakes up* Cool! i'm in Noranda, lthough very soon (6th) 'm moving a little down the road to Beechboro. And rmusgrave isn't ar off either! Cool!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

And I'd get Msn, but I don't actually have the net at home, I just use school (soon to be Tafe) computers and Net caf'es. I've gotta get the net at Home. And Easter? Cool. I'll get you an egg.;)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
^^^

Someones excited :D

btw Emily, I need your house number at some point if I'm to drop by, because I can't remember it anymore. Also, let me know your work hours if you have a schedule etc. I'll sort something out with Richaod (pm me man!) and we'll go up before long..

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Allright!! It seems that Perth has become the new centre for smash activity. With Kupo coming over and now that Pwnage has been discovered, we might come close to having a semi-tourney! Also, now that Kupo is coming over we can gauge who is better, WA or NSW, but im placing my bet on WA.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cubed64
we can gauge who is better, WA or NSW, but im placing my bet on WA.
Of course. Is there any contest to us? Other than Kupo. And his mates. And the smashers in Queensland. And...WA Rules*looks around* Right?

:p

EDIT: BTW, make sure you READ MY SIG. Especially you SabreAnt. I don't know if you have heard about this but there's this Big Brother game......;)

EDIT2:The battle is ready Antboy! Muhahaha!

kupo

Smash Lord
Jon, you're coming with me to Perth.
Is it just gonna be you or is the crew comin' over. If the crew's over, drag Dale over! 130 is the number!

Cubed64: Well, duh;). Hardly NSW players here anyways (Where's Haha Monkey??). It's us against you f00's XD. Josh said something about taping the matches...is that really gonna happen?
...Unlike him...*looks at Jon* *cough*FFIX*cough*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Jon, you're coming with me to Perth.
No no no no no. I'm afraid it is you who is coming with me! ;) I'm not sure when I'll be able to afford the plane ticket, as I'm still saving for my car. (VK) But I'll figure out something soon.

Is it just gonna be you or is the crew comin' over. If the crew's over, drag Dale over! 130 is the number!
Thanks for the number, and I highly doubt Dale would go anywhere further than your place for Smash.. unfortunately. Shaz and Cella may be convincable, but we'll see. Btw, getting eq. to tape matches to the PC was/is simply a luxury I just can't afford for the **** of it. It is relatively expensive.

READ MY SIG. Especially you SabreAnt. I don't know if you have heard about this but there's this Big Brother game......
Yeah thanks for the vote of confidence mic :rolleyes: I was aware :p

RICHAOD: Down to business. Assuming Emily is ok with the plan, she, my broter and myself will be arriving at your place on the 14th of this month, (let me know if you have a gf you'd rather be spending time with), if not we will get there at about 10:00, so this means I'll probably have to get up at like 6:30 or something but oh well.. its the price I'm willing to pay for a full day of Smash. I need you address phone no. etc for contact purposes, and also my mum would like to know :rolleyes: Plus I need to know which street/house to go to. Thats it for now, if I've overlooked something important, tell me. Emily, I need you to tell me if this suits you? If you have work, maybe give a weeks notice to cancel the shift? Again, let me know. Cheers.

To clear any misconceptions up, I think I've read a couple of mistakes that I cant be bothered quoting, but first of all: Kupo is a female. "She" is no "he", or as was said, 'his mates'. I am/will be coming to Perth too, along with Kupo. And last but not least, VIC is the king state of Smash. :chuckle:

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Originally posted by kupo
Josh said something about taping the matches...is that really gonna happen?
The matches will be taped, but whether they make it on to the net is another question, but i will at least make sure we get multiple copies of the matches

EDIT: Also when you decide on a date of your arrival, please give me as much time as possible to plan ahead so things run smoothly. Thanks :)

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
SabreAnt, I'll probably be up even earlier than you... Might not be the best week considering school activities (rowing... at 6:45 A.M.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and some band thing the next day...

I'd have to make sure though, don't want you three getting worked up over nothing, though... But seriously, don't come at 10. I'll probably just be back from training, and at least I'm not getting our new PC that week, but still...

Okay, must get confirmation. I'll probably have 2 friends over as well... They're brothers, twins, but not identical. They're decent, but as I may have said before, I can consistently beat them.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Quote by Sabreant:
I am/will be coming to Perth too, along with Kupo. And last but not least, VIC is the king state of Smash.
Well its great that you are coming over too,Sabreant, but how dare you just assume that VIC is better than any other state!!! We have no way to see which state is better untill you and kupo come over to Perth. Untill then please refrain from making unfounded statements that have no proof what so ever. Anyway, it is so crystal clear that WA absolutly PWNZ when it comes to Smash. We also have to play DD, SC2 and F-Zero GX, just for fun.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Richaod: If this time isn't good for you, then tell me something better. I'm planning to spend the whole day playing games with you guys in case that wasnt obvious, so I want to get there as early as is decent, and leave in the same manner, but in the late sense. Even if you can't think ahead very far, then at least let me know your details so I can properly map out a route to your place when you do decide to set a date.

Well its great that you are coming over too,Sabreant, but how dare you just assume that VIC is better than any other state!!! We have no way to see which state is better untill you and kupo come over to Perth. Untill then please refrain from making unfounded statements that have no proof what so ever. Anyway, it is so crystal clear that WA absolutly PWNZ when it comes to Smash. We also have to play DD, SC2 and F-Zero GX, just for fun.
Yeah, how dare I? I mean that was so uncool of me huh? Did you even read your own post as you were typing it? :rolleyes: In case it escaped your notice, there was a giant grinning face after that sentence.

Top Bottom