• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cubed64, you will probably mash us as we've been playing Soul Calibur 2 too much. I'm gonna have to practice a lot until I stand a chance at possibly winning. Anyhoo, maybe we should set a date, as we're gonna have to get jobs over the break to get our parents off us. When will be fine for you guys?

I might bring F-Zero if Mic_128 brings Double Dash.

See ya

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
We have exams for 2 weeks so mabey sometime after the 5th of December we could meet? We are looking forward to playing you again because playing the same people over nd over again gets pretty repetitive. DD and F-Zero X should be fun as well.

As for Soul Calibur 2, how could you replace SSBM? No other fighting game comes anywhere close to its $ player action. Is Soul Calibur 4 player? I think not!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Shouldnt you be studing for exams Quetzalcotl. How dare you tut me!! Anyway, researching batteries is about as fun as watching paint dry. Im having as much sucess as, well, there is nothing to compare my failure to

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
I did try howstuffworks.com but i am researching advantages/disadvantages and points of interest so howstuffworks.com doesnt help me. All kenton has to do is copy and paste and thats his research done.

As for rainfords notes, are you really going to do them? I think not!

1-X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
musokid89
Sorry for interupting your precious little chatter about exams but isn't this topic ment to be about starting a tournament in Australia? I know Blademarth (topic starter) personally and he would be ashamed where this topic has led to.

I actually am Australian unlike u Yanks and Poms! U don't beleive I'm Australian? Read my signature then.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Sorry 220man i guess we have gone off on a bit of a tangent. Us Perth players have already played against each other and through smashboards we discuss whats going on and when we'll play against each other again. We try to keep the discussion purely about torneys but sometimes sometihing comes up thaat you have to tell your fellow smashers about.

kupo

Smash Lord
An actual tournament will NEVER happen. Like Cubed says, we try and organise meet-ups.

I know Blademarth (topic starter) personally and he would be ashamed where this topic has led to.
lolololololol.
:rolleyes:

Um, yeah, where you at 220man?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
kupo is right, i highly doubt if a Australia wide tourney will never happen unless we all sstumble apon bags and bags of money and can afford to fly to one spot and play each other OR Nintendo sends out invitations to everyone in australia and organises an Australian wide tourney, films it and puts in on smashboards. But seeing as both those possibilites are extremly doubtful, the best thing we can do is film our matches and put them on smashboards and compare.

(if only we won the lotto)

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
HIIIIIIIII EVERYONE!!!!! I Havent been on i agesssssssssssss!
220 man is my frined and he sux at melee :)
i havent got the time to read all the pages in the middle, 220man said it turned into somekind of chinese whispers????? of sumfin!

ok cyas :)

Arwon

Smash Apprentice
Hm, howdy, various people. New member (well, I registered in 2001 but swiftly disappeared after a mammoth 8 post posting spree) here, Aussie, living in Nowra on the NSW south coast (south of Wollongong).

Falco/Yoshi/Gannondorf/Ice Climbers player mainly, though I tend to use most characters at various points. I haven't played another human being since last December when I moved back here from the US, and just ran across this place again. Kinda interested in getting some actual human competition again.

So... yeah, hello.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Arwon

So... yeah, hello.
Hello!

Cubed, Quetza, I haven't gotten MarioKart yet, due to lack of 100 bucks or 2 tradeable games. I probably should have waited to get the E-card reader. Yay. How are the exams going? Advance Wars sounds like fun. For x-mas I'm gonna be getting a player so I'll have to bring it over too.
Blademarth, that's the SW RPG.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Our exams finish on the 5th of december so how about the 6th which is a saturday. If you cant because of leavers we will just have to wait untill after Christmas. Where are you going to go for leavers? Are you going on leavers?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm not going away for leavers. There might be a LAN or something that musgraves friends might be on (been reschedualed a bit) and I might go if someone has a spare comp. (mine is not good.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUBED64!! I'm saying it now, because I doubt I'll be on for a while. Whoo!

Oh yeah, musgrave has Kart. Curse you!!! I played it today and darn it's good! I might have to mug him. Ignore that Ryan.:rolleyes:

Yeah. Good luck for exams everyone!

falcophantism

Smash Apprentice
G'day, I'm new. I live in Vitoria, in a small town called Somerville, a ten minute drive from Frankstone. I'm looking for new challenges, cause my little bro doesn't like losing any more ;)
Any way if you live any where near Frankstone or Somerville just PM me and I'll see what I can do abuot it. I've got tones of time because i've finished my VCE (high school).

kupo

Smash Lord
Holy fruit on a stick! You're from Vic? Finally!
But from Frankston? D*mn. That's far...

...But I'd still travel there just to kick your ***. Or you can come here in Springvale...:D.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
chk. \huston, we have a-go. Yep, the 6th sounds fine. and musgrave's just informed me that hustioon has an extra o. doesn't look right. Anyway.......hello!

BTw, We'll kick your butts in Soul Calibur2, and mariokart, and...sonic, and Perfect dark, and...........mario64.......I don't know what I'm typing anymore.......

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
This was just going to be a bump, but not anymore! You guys play PD? That's cool :D So do I. And Cronos Rainbow (when I make him) he's pretty sharp at it too. D@mn, I still haven't finished it completely though. Hard game. D@mn cheats and Perfect Agent mode. Too D@mn slick for me. Bloody language filter. :rolleyes: , makes look like I'm swearing my head off.

darkZIP

Smash Rookie
Well i don't know about a Australia wide tourny but in a town with 50 000 people (Noosa) i don't think it would be hard to find around 50 people to play.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yikes, this topic was at the very bottom of the list. Hope this isn't dying on us. Well, this is technically a bump, but I was wondering, how many people is it considered needed to have a proper tournament you think? Anyone. Because I got a few buddies (Shaz Dale Emily and Leena) and thats five. Include my bro (whos gay at Smash) and we have 6 people! If we played together we could declare an unofficial state champion or some crud. How easy would it be to crown yourself top dog amongst friends? :) You could even let dirty tactics like tackling and controller-unplugging if you hosted it! Hmm the possibilites. I think I'd unplug Emily's controller pretty quick and put duct tape over her socket :D

kupo

Smash Lord
The date will be delayed unfortunately, however...

If I come somewhere in March (Or late February), my friends will have spare time and come as well (like 6 peoples xD!). I can't go now because I have a job now and need money.

My job IS ****.

I swear, if I have to do 3 days (8 hours) straight of packaging, I'm gonna march right up to Jon's dungeon. Grr...working in factory is so ghey...but the pay is pretty good.

lol Jon, I thought you ditched smash for DD. Man, I hate the heavy weights. I just played at my cousins house, and man stupid Birdo and Bowser were so annoying.

For An Actual Tournament, I'd say around 30-50 people. Man, it'd be sweet if we could ask the poeple who organised the DD comeptition to host a smash tourney...but meh, what are the chances?
I've had a small competition with around 20 friends, a few were n00bs ;). Anyhow, it turned out to be some gambling/bet deal, and I lost a s***load of money, mainly betting with my rivals Hyun and Mitchell ($25 each) a number of times.
Back on topic, it'll all be best if we showed teh Yanks what we Aussies can do :D. I'll do it...eventually...hehe.

I think I'd unplug Emily's controller pretty quick and put duct tape over her socket
And I'll tape your hand and mouth and smack you so hard. With the tape across your mouth, I won't feel sorry for you
Nyahahahahahaha!!! XD

Nah, Dale is excluded from the group because he's just crap.;)

Aight, me goes now...chao!

P.S
Chocolate smells bad...

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Chocolate smells bad? What about that smell you get on your fingers when you pick off your toenails? Now that smells bad. I smell all kinds of glorious things at my work (Safeway) and let me tell you, chocolate is not a thing to turn ones nose up at.

And I'll tape your hand and mouth and smack you so hard. With the tape across your mouth, I won't feel sorry for you Nyahahahahahaha!!! XD
That just sounds dirty. I'm up for it :)

I had Dale around yesterday, and he isn't crap.. when he gets a metal box/starman/hammer pickups... at the same time. Well yeah, he's gay, but no tournament would be complete without a veteran n00b such as he.

Aight, me goes now... MOOO!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Thee I was, just a-bumping up the topic, singing.....

Originally posted by kupo
The date will be delayed unfortunately, however...

If I come somewhere in March (Or late February), my friends will have spare time and come as well (like 6 peoples xD!).
Muhahahahahahahaha hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
er-hem. Sorry.....
Anyway, cool. BTW, I was going through my Hypers the other day and saw a prievew and review for ZOE. Looks cool, but PS2!? *Shock*

Oh well. I hope you guys can play SC2 also....

kupo

Smash Lord
lol, anyone can beat me at SC. I sucked majorly at the first SC and haven't touched the 2nd. Bah, I've seen a friend play it and I wanted to smack most of the characters in the face because of the crappy vocals =P.
Mic, ZoE's worth getting (along with a few other Ps titles). Only things that's crap w/ zoe is the length of the main game, and the Vs 1.2. I'm gonna import the ntsc version just for the VS mode. It's gonna be mad! XD

Argh work tommorrow. I'm sick of the chocolate smell.
But I'll be smashing for the whole evening then.:D

Hey Jon, when can we meet up for Double Dash n' Smash? lol, I had so much fun playing Bob-omb battle.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Hey, Mic, its a shame we couldnt meet up on the weekend, what a time for joshes mum to get sick! We have 8 weeks of loveable freedom untill its back to prison..uh...school. In the meantime we have to get some matches on smashboards. We have to prove that Australian smashers are just as good as anyone else.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yes we do....

We have to prove that Australian smashers are just as good as anyone else
But no we wont :rolleyes:

Hey Emily, I'll be in Sydney as of, well.. aprroximately 22 hours from right now! From 8:00 PM Wednesday to late next Monday. I was going to try and organise something with someone, but I got lazy, and probably wont see any replies posted here until I get back. On the plus side, I'd be more than happy to host, or at least organise Shannon to host :p a Smash 'n' Dash fest. I'll ownz j00 on Sherbet Land! I swear! Btw, I beat everything on FFX, and Penance wont appear. D@mn jerk is supposed to appear on the airship listings but noooo. What I do now? All Dark Aeons dead, beaten Nemesis, got everyone break HP (finally) and all Aeons in my possession. Wtf am I doing wrong? Is he an airship password? Tried his name... didnt work. Bah.. laters.

kupo

Smash Lord
Hey Jon, maybe you can Vs Haha Monkey when you're up there:D. That'd be sweet if you could!
It's better if you hosted a smash n' dash fest. I don't ever think Shaz would cuz of the g/f. He's ditched us;). Make sure it's on a weekend, or else I can't come 'cause of work (and the need of sleep).
lol, d*mn you and Sherbet Land. I hate that Level now:p. Nah, let's do Yoshi Circut instead. We gotta do bob-omb battle on tilt-a-kart level. I'm ganna get my pay tommorow and buy Double Dash!! Whee!!
Haha, same thing happened to Shaz. Have you made sure you've beaten Yojimbo 5 times? Battled w/ Ixion twice? Bah, I can't remember the game.

OMG! I just hit over 600 kills in survival mode (ZoE.2)!.
Man the music in Phobos Vincity totally owns.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cubed64
We have 8 weeks of loveable freedom untill its back to prison..uh...school.
You might but me and musgrave don't. (Whee!!!!*runs around room screaming*) Not that I'm braging or anything (pitiful year 11's!) because i'm not.

Kupo, when you eventually get here, you are gonna have to bring your PS2 to show me ZOE. You are getting me intregued. STOP IT! But I must admit, I would like to play FFX. Looks dam cool.

Lalalalala...run out of things to say...lalalala.....

BTW, tuesday's still on?

kupo

Smash Lord
Kupo, when you eventually get here, you are gonna have to bring your PS2 to show me ZOE. You are getting me intregued. STOP IT! But I must admit, I would like to play FFX. Looks dam cool.
lol, will do for both. And also other games ^^.

I'm wanting to play smash now. Truth be told, I just lost to a friggin' Pika-jerk, using Pichu. lol, Jon, re-match (Fox Vs Pichu).

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I'm back!! Sydney was awesome. Got back at about 8:00pm like I said. Aah.... It was soo nice. You guys see anything about it on Ch9 news? I went to the Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses in Telstra Stadium. Oh yah, never mentioned I was one. Surprise! :)

There was about 57-59,000 of us there on average. The program spanned 4 days and I am pooped. Spent a total of about 33 hours on the bus, going to and from Sydney and to and from the Stadium. I also turned 18 while I was up there. YAY! I bought a beer, sorted out some family problems, and made my close friends mother keen to marry her eldest daughter off to me. :) (she is most desirable) :cool: Never had a chance to leave the hotel much. I was far too exhausted.

I am very tired now, so I'll finish there. Its nice to be home.
(SAW OPERA HOUSE AND BRIDGE!!) I may post links to photos of my trip somewhere. I'm sure you'll like some of them. Bye for now.

Richaod

Smash Apprentice
I live in Melbourne... I'd love to play anyone but I don't know if I'd be able to. I really only play a few of my friends and I'm the best out of them. I'm best with Marth, then Samus/Sheik. I don't really know if I'm good or not - it's the lack of competition that annoys me.

I also have Soul Calibur II and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I'm not experienced in SCII and don't play much of SA2B, but I'm happy to play against anyone.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by SabreAnt
Do you have a restraining order on that or something mic? :p
Yes. It seems most people who meet me put one out. I look at it like it's a compliment.:******:

Top Bottom