• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Wow I feel like I'm watching the Hulk, only this time I'm not bored. Thank you Mic, you have shown me there is hope for people who turn green when they are angry... especially at double posts.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
At least I've got an excuse for double posting around here because...

... my computer doesn't register with the EDIT button! Woohoo! Another post to annoy Mic_128.

Mic_128 - I was lurking in melee discussion boards and there were like a whole bunch of n00b posters who didn't bother using the SEARCH button! That must really drive you crazy!

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Yeah I've noticed that to, Melee Discussion is usually flooded with topics which have already existed. Which would annoy any moderator, I know it annoys me on a forum I mod. There should be a "Search Button" tutorial :)

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
What suburb are you specifically from, dohei?

Just had a small meet of Nick, Mikul and I. Aaaaaaaaaaawesome fun. Vids will be up next month when I get my fast internet back =].
yep it was a LOT of fun! If that Falcon D-air - Falcon Punch combo isn't there I'm gonna be angry. RAGE! *Laughs*Well if there is a meet on this week and it's a sleepover, let me know via my mobile, and I'll get there asap. I want more smash please!!

Sloth

Smash Ace
You think noobs have the ability to read? your giving them to much credit :)

Like on brawl discussion. When someone argues their claims. They suddenly have no answer. Yet everyday more people keep saying "OMGZFS ADVANCE TECHS SHUSD BE TKAEN OUT OF BRAWL LOLOL I AM PRO WIUTHOUT TEM"

Edit - I also have a problem editting my posts sometimes. I think it is my firefox. Only works 10% of the time.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
You think noobs have the ability to read? your giving them to much credit :)

Like on brawl discussion. When someone argues their claims. They suddenly have no answer. Yet everyday more people keep saying "OMGZFS ADVANCE TECHS SHUSD BE TKAEN OUT OF BRAWL LOLOL I AM PRO WIUTH TEM"
I'm sorry Sloth, I have a habit of doing that sometimes lol giving people too much credit, usually its n00bs it happens with as well, I'll try to avoid it in future. And right there you just summarised large portions of the SSBB discussion. Other part covers various threads characters that should be dropped or powered down because "TEH ARE TEH CHEAP!!11!1"

Edit: I have no problems editing and I have Firefox...

jazblack009

Smash Ace
mic triple posted,
they say in revelations that when mic posts three times in a row in green writing, that nintendo's toilet humour will be revealed a fortnight after
i thought it was bull**** till now....
don't believe me? check the bible i forget what page though...

LemonManX

Smash Lord
No, I remember reading that to Jaz... but ironically I also can't remember what page. I think it was in the special edition of the Bible... not many were made.... >.>

jazblack009

Smash Ace
lol this is bordering spam, lets make it relavant...
have you versed any of the smashers in melb yet lemanX? or are you awaiting the glorious day ^_^ melb are a cool bunch.
i recall you saying something about living a long way away from the smash scene down there though...which sucks.
you play anyone besides roy?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Spam, shcam haha.
But yes, relevant.
I'm yet to play anyone from the Melbourne scene, in a way I'm awaiting that glorious day (When they demolish my Roy in every sense of the word) but the sooner it comes the better.
I don't live to far away in reality, only a couple hours north of Melb, so if a meet ever happens all I have to do is catch a train, get off at the right stop then find my way to the venue >.> because I clearly know my way around Melbourne, haha.
Since I play Roy I kinda needed to make sure I had other characters, so I also use Marth, Falco, Sheik, Peach and sometimes Falcon. But I can't wait to Smash it up in Melbourne, the Bendigo players are so subdued. Except my most challenging friend, who ironically plays Fox AND Kirby... interesting mix.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Woohoo! Another post to annoy Mic_128.
That doesn't annoy me.....

Mic_128 - I was lurking in melee discussion boards and there were like a whole bunch of n00b posters who didn't bother using the SEARCH button! That must really drive you crazy!
That really annoys me. I'm trying to get bigger search buttons. Perferably ones that flash neon.

jaz said:
lol this is bordering spam, lets make it relavant...
Booooooooooriiiiiiing.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Mic, you have no idea how relevant your avatar text is to me. I read it and was like OMG!

I once dreamed about making a musical about crusaders who go to the middle east to fight the Saracens. And when the Sarecens are defending Jerusalem they run out of hot oil to pour on the crusaders so they are forced to use "Creme de Menthe" instead. This makes all the crusaders green.

The title of this play was to be "Its not easy being green" LOL.

peace out

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of the SEARCH button, I did have a hard time finding it when I first came here and resorted to using Firefox 'find a word' to find it. And it found it for me! In a very tight location where it is camouflaged by colourful hyperlinks and forum ads. Too hard for the average 14 year old to find it within a year. Even longer if they don't know how to use a computer XD

I guess the EDIT button doesn't work coz I use firefox, which is better at getting around cracks and serial websites (as well as pr0n sites) than IE does and doesn't let adware be downloaded onto the computer - more evidence that Micro$oft is a piece of $h!t.

You think noobs have the ability to read? your giving them to much credit
I wonder what the average age of smashers who come to this website is.

Like on brawl discussion. When someone argues their claims. They suddenly have no answer.
I see those n00bs more at uni than at smashboards.com during friendlies."What is this kiddy game? How come I don't see any health bars?" "Are you button mashing?" "Soul Calibur/Tekken is better than Smash!"

Or with the n00bs

"WTF is that? This thing that makes you slide back and forth and even do a smash attack in it!" "Stop attacking me so I can hit you!"

As much as I want to stop playing smash there I can't coz there's no other place in Sydney where I can seriously practise. Except for Jaz's smash meet on the 21st!

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Firefox ftw! Best decision I ever made was downloading it and using it over IE, ever since my webpage browsing has been much faster with less crappy adware... thank god for Firefox.

Its interesting to contemplate the average age of the users here, would you include all those people who join and never freakin' post as well? Lol.

Imagine if the "Search" button did flash... I bet it would still get ignored.

And KK, that musical sounds interesting, I'd go on opening night for the hell of it.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I'm back in Melbourne, go me.

I didn't meet up with Cao, because he's unorganised. tsk tsk, he's coming back soon so I'll just have to pwn him then.

I did get a US wii, it's cool. Dont get a PAL one at launch, 50hz VC and generally crap prices means it isn't worth it.

Alright, back to Gundam Seed Union VS ZAFT practice.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
50 Hz VC games and crap prices?!?!? Would you rather live in America and fuss about all the HD **** when more than 90% of the western world's population don't have HD tvs?!?

PAL graphics are mediocre - sure. 50Hz games are what video games used to be. Sure I can see the difference between 50Hz and 60Hz games. 60Hz games are better looking and have better graphics but - come on! The SNES games were 50Hz and 32bit resolution but some of the games are still very addictive.

I get pissed off at people who say "I'm not buying the Wii coz it doesn't have DVD playability!!" Or, "The Wii hasn't got 1080p output."

I'm getting a PAL one because I don't want to have to deal with the inconvenience of having to buy stuff online or go to America to buy games to get around the 'region locking' that the Wii has.

On another matter...

Good to hear that someone in Australia has a Wii waaaay before the average Australian has. Hope you enjoy showing it to your friends and having a great time playing Zelda.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Plasia, I envy you for having a Wii already. The reason I didn't get an American Wii is basically the same as linkapprentice, the inconvenience of shipping American Wii games over sucks. If I can get cheaper deals on Wiimotes and nunchucks ect. from America then I'll take advantage of it.

Stupid region encoded Wii's lol, why couldn't they be region free? Lame. Ah well...

...12 days, 9 hours and 15 minutes til the Wii hits down under. Must... play... Zelda...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I did get a US wii, it's cool. Dont get a PAL one at launch, 50hz VC and generally crap prices means it isn't worth it.
Despite the fact that the US Wii will try and join US Servers to download anything? The fact you have to buy a US-AU power translator? The fact that VC games at 50htz don't really matter?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Despite the fact that the US Wii will try and join US Servers to download anything? The fact you have to buy a US-AU power translator? The fact that VC games at 50htz don't really matter?
Good points raised by Mic here. The main positive I would see is you don't have to wait as long. But I'm happier waiting for the PAL Wii, since that way I won't have to go through any major annoyances to order games over.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Going to the midnight launch and camping out with three mates to pick up our pre-orders is half the fun of waiting...I wouldn't miss that for a foreign Wii. I'd feel so un-Australian playing an import...I'm a freak, I know.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
being un australian in video games? what an awesome concept
XD i'm camping out too

good/bad for you plasia
personally i'm a pal man, i don't even like ntsc smash for that matter.
though most of melbourne may become your best friend for no apparant reason now

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Not really, I'd say I'm the same with the Australian Wii. Plus some American Wii's are having that problem with the update and apparently that might be fixed by our launch. I'd love to line up but since I'm getting mine in my home town I don't think there will be a midnight launch, but me and some friends are hanging at the shopping centre til they open then picking up our Wii's and then just hanging out for awhile before going home and disappearing from civilisation.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just a heads up, when Zelda comes out, lets keep this spoiler free? Please?

CATS

Smash Journeyman
what's with multiple threads for diff tourneys?
i use to just have to check 1 thread for smash info but now i gotta look here there and everywhere ;_;

hmm mariokart DS eh, i could go and win it but that looks like it would involve effort and the structure of it is a bit weird. you could end up vsing really good people while 1 lucky n00b vs little kids for the entire hour and that wouldn't be cool

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I've actually written down the page and post number where I stopped reading the LoZ thread in the Light House so that when I come back to it after the game's been released in Australia, I'll know exactly where to start reading again. Just so I can avoid spoilers -_-.

So Mic, are you coming to CoA or what?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Depends, you guys managed to get enough cash to pay my airfare? :/ Because that's looking like the only way you'll get me over there. :(

I've forsaken the entire lighthouse entirely. I know some ******* is going to post "zomg Zelda is Sheik and or Tetra!!!!!" as a topic title.

EDIT: Jackass is censored? Wierd.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
LoL @ headbands and wristbands.

But that $80 for a launch game is cool. I was wondering whether to pre-order at my JB or my EB (and if it mattered), but it looks like I'll pre-order at JB.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what the EB pre order offer is?

I've still got a TRU preorder and am considering changing it to EB if there is a better offer at EB. Sadly there isn't a JB at chatswood.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Urg. All this talk of Wii.
I can't afford mine on release, as upgrading my PC to dual core > Wii.

Sad sad life :(

Our EB pre-order is just the Wii with free carry case. I wouldn't think there would be a difference?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I haven't actually heard about any deals by EBGames in my area... so if anyone knows of any good ones then pray tell.

Launch is so close, I need to buckle down and not spend anymore money as I still have a few hundred dollars to pay off... and that won't come easily lol.

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Forblaze! Upload the fox ditto where I 2 or 3 stock you. XD

Umm yer Forblaze also was talking to Plasia via msn and yer his place monday for Wii and smash if you want! I can pick you up from Keilor plains station if you can make it.

:laugh: :mad: :lick: :chuckle:

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Let's see now:

US Wii joining US Servers to download?
Is this even a point?

I already have a Power converter, I have a US Dreamcast :)

You are welcome to enjoy VC games with big black borders on the top and bottom running at 5/6 speed. I'll be playing them as they were before they were mutilated by the terrible PAL conversions.

Also for me I already get most of my games online. Importing just rocks, I don't really see it as any inconvenience at all, especially considering that they usually come out quite a few months before they even come to Australian shops.

Oh yeah, not only do I get them earlier, it's quite a bit cheaper too :)

----

Please note, all your reasons why getting a US Wii is less than optimal may be perfectly valid for you. But in my case they just don't matter. Getting one at launch was just a win win situation for me.

Some Wii screenshots, you can blame the standard composite cables for the fuzziness and generally low image quality:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Plasia/Wii/

Top Bottom