• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Let's see now:

US Wii joining US Servers to download?
Is this even a point?
Quite posibly. I'd rather download items/patches/VC games from a local connection than a US one, plus some rumors are that games like smash will have a "local" and "Worldwide" option, so while Aus Wii's would have the choice of playing aussies and worldwide, you'd have the option of playing Americans or worldwide. And that can't be lag friendly. Plus with matches, even with Friend codes so you play with us, the Wii would most likely connect to the Au Wii's via the US Servers. Again, more latency.

But to each his own, and like I said, just rumors.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Well it turns out I'm not getting Zelda at launch as TRU changed their deal, now I'm getting NFS:Carbon at launch :mad: not impressed. So now I'll walk out of the store then walk back in with an extra $20 and trade it towards TP, THEN I'll be happy.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Sure I've known this since I started reading the Lighthouse. At least they changed their offer from just open season to include NFS: Carbon. Which is better than Open Season by an extra 25% mark in reviews.

I was thinking of getting the free game from TRU and selling it at EB so I can get some discount to buy Zelda. Free money!

Plasia I had a look at your pics and I must say there are some pretty impressive screenshots, especially the Zelda one. Even with composite output. I apologize from the earlier post i mentioned - i was just a bit angry at the time.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
The multiplayer would most likely be peer-to-peer like the DS. Especially with friend codes actually being MAC addresses which can be used like IP addresses.

I get 300kb/s or so from US sites for downloads anyway :) Like just then I downloaded the Heroes of Might and Magic V patch at 380kb/s :D

I can take screenshots easily, so if you want to see anything specifically just post in here and I'll get a shot of it. That Zelda shot is of the very first scene when you find the horse. So there you go, big spoiler there :p

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Teh spoilerage!!1!1 Lol.

But anyway, yeah I think if I get my Wii at launch I'll be trading NFS:Carbon back in STRAIGHT away. Not saying its a bad game, but I'm just craving Zelda way too much. If it means I must wait longer... then wait longer I must. But the only game I want to make sure I have for the Wii is Zelda.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow smashers, no I'm not dead but thanks for asking :mad: (lol joking).
I'm now on broadband so I can surf much faster (plus its the reason why I havent been online for the past month), **** Telstra sucks monkey balls at customer service so now I'm with AAPT and its good. Work is crazy atm as Christmas is near so production has gone up ten-fold. Good news is I get Thurdsay the 7th off so I'm going to the midnight launch of the Wii in Frankston, if anyone wants to join me your more than welcome.

Plasia I'm turning into a green monster myself (he he I,ve just went through 2 months of posts). As for meets I'm not sure when everyone is free, my roster for work keeps changing yet I never get a weekend off, hmmmm. I'll post when I have a solid roster fleshed out so I can host something.

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Played Wii at plasia's today, I give it 7 outa 10, I',msure brawl will make it 10/10

Forblaze who came back and won from 3 stock down? *points to self*

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
....... I don't remember that. Seriously, when was this? Who did we use and stuff?

Wii was pretty cool. Excite Truck was fun but hard to control at first. We didn't play it long enough for me to get used to it enough.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Smash MEAT!!!

Well adam, I was kinda hoping to do something this weekend, or just spoon with my gf, smash sounds good, if no-one organises something why don't we think about smashing between the two of us on Saturday then Adam?

Don't worry about it, Shaz is going to try to get a meet set up this Saturday, and I'm going to let everyone know. So come some-time Saturday to Shaz's for smash. He'll say when :)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Is he really? Like, for real there's going to be a meet at his place? I'll try to come, but I need to know that there actually is one, first >_>.

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Yer Adam I'v got your windwaker I borrowed it from Chris, I'll get it back to ya.

Can't make it tommorow guys, I got work. I'll try and make the next one.

Sloth

Smash Ace
That would be great fun. But I don't want to travel that far... yet :)
I'd love to live in Melbourne tho. So if you guys do have a film school, I wanna check it out and see if I can get in.
Time-Based Multimedia is snooze ville. TT

LemonManX

Smash Lord
A film school? In Melbourne? That would be awesome, if there is one I'd also like to hear about it as my town offers nothing for creative people lol.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Hey dudes. I've been looking for my copy of New Super Mario Bros on the DS and I just can't find it!! What's worse is, I've got two copies of Super Mario 64 on the DS...so I probably have someone's super mario 64 and someone has my new super mario bros...please check! Thanks. Wii! Soon! Midnight!

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I forgot to thank Shaz for hosting on Saturday so thanks dude it was fun and I got to see what the future Mrs Adam Hocking looked like :chuckle:

Mikule you still on for Thursday/Friday ?.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Hey, I forgot to thank Shaz for hosting on Saturday so thanks dude it was fun and I got to see what the future Mrs Adam Hocking looked like :chuckle:

Mikule you still on for Thursday/Friday ?.
IT'S MIKUL!!! NOT MIKULE!!!!! But anyway I will be available for Thursday, but when I tried to text you, you're number didn't work. :/ Could you send it to me soon then?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
*drags knuckles in*

Looks like I won't be getting my Wii at launch do to money being tied up in car rego... BUT I am getting it for Chrissie on behalf of my awesome parents. So its just another couple of weeks for me, I'll just be visiting my friends and their Wiis... ALOT lol.

*checks upcoming events*

Kudos Mic.

Woo! The Wii was on the WIN news about an hour ago, I chuckled at Pat Cash playing Wii Tennis.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Me? LoL why? So, who has their Wii yet? I think I'll go pick mine up in around an hour or 2. Hopefully I'll have enough money for the console AND an extra controller. I know I'll have enough for at least the console, but it wouldn't be fun JUST playing Wii sports with JUST one controller.

If anyone can answer me this here before I ask my sister or something, it'd be appreciated: If I'm expecting to get payed today, what time would be reasonable for it to appear in my account?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Me? LoL why?
PRoom. ;)

Hopefully I'll have enough money for the console AND an extra controller. I know I'll have enough for at least the console, but it wouldn't be fun JUST playing Wii sports with JUST one controller.
If you can, try and get Wii Play mini bundle instead of a controller. Wii Play is $10 more, comes with a Wiimote and a disc of some minigames like Pong, a Duck Hunt-esque shooting game and 7 other minigames.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
I have my Wii with Wii play and Zelda plus and extra controler and a 2000 wii point card.
The midnight launch wasnt as I expected, except the dude who had ticket number 1 was an a$$hole, he was fully bragging about it and I wiil not be surprised if he was jumped out in the parking lot. :chuckle:

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I was up at Target this morning and my God once those doors opened there was a flood of about 20 people towards electronics to pick up their Wii's. I had a chuckle as mine is already safely on lay by but then got sad because I wont' see it til Christmas lol.

Well everyone make sure they enjoy their Wiis!

TT Ogre 1

Smash Apprentice
I got an extra pack with mine that came with a tennis racket, golf club and some other thingy extensions for my controller. Slightly pointless yet still fun.

Top Bottom