• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SOUTH PAW WOLFENBOOZER. says:
ive been to cities that never close down
from new york to rome
and old london town
but no matter how far or how ride i roam
i still call australia home
la la la
-___________________-'
_nth_ny says:
lol cao
_nth_ny says:
love the patriotism
-=> Shannon <=- says:
wow...that is so tight KO
_nth_ny says:
HAHAHA
helllz yeaaaa ***** aiightz mangz
-=> Shannon <=- says:
dayuuummm im feeling ya mangz
-=> Shannon <=- says:
lol
dayyyummmmnnn them fighin wordz
-=> Shannon <=- says:
whaaaaaat?
shaz to the dizzle
1 to th gun shaz for life, yo
-=> Shannon <=- says:
lol
-=> Shannon <=- says:
dems fly lyrics mutha ****er
_nth_ny says:
i bet cao
_nth_ny says:
is gonna come back, full decked out in pimp threads
_nth_ny says:
demz tite freadz, fool

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
PRoom. ;)

If you can, try and get Wii Play mini bundle instead of a controller. Wii Play is $10 more, comes with a Wiimote and a disc of some minigames like Pong, a Duck Hunt-esque shooting game and 7 other minigames.
LoL you know I got -repped twice for that post? One was something like "too much rep for not being funny" xD. Crazy SWFers.

Anyways, I got my Wii (^________________________^), but sadly, I couldn't get a second controller.... or a game... so I'm playing Wii sports by myself -_- /totally pathetic. Thing is though, I have enough money in my bank, it's just that it's not enough for an ATM to give me the said money. I'll have a second controller by tomorrow, though. =]

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
I wiil not be surprised if he was jumped out in the parking lot. :chuckle:
Now we know how Adam got his your extra controler and a 2000 wii point card. :p

Yer I'd buy a Wii but I'm focusing on upgrading my life :p

Forblaze I'm might be working in hopper crossing soon for a few weeks so you can see me everyday lol ^_^

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Shi- I mean, yay!.... >_>. Naw that's coolio, yo =]. You can just come to my place and play Wii instead of getting one yourself xD.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I got Wiiplay and a Nunchuk for playing on other people's Wii. Wii play is awsome for only $10 more. Duck Hunt, Mii Search and Fishing ftw.

Wii Sports is also freaking awsome! ^^

Can't wait til I get my own one :p

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey I just wanted to say, I hope none of you Victorians are being affected by the fires. Just stay safe okay.

EDIT: I got my Wii the day it came out, plus WiiPlay. It's definitely worth getting, seeing as you'll probably want at least two controllers anyway. Make sure you buy the extra nunchuk though. Also, don't buy it from specialty game stores, check out the retail stores first, you should be able to save an extra $10-$15. I didn't discover this until after I purchased mine T_T.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Its like that at my place during winter, due to the swamp/river-ness at the bottom of the park next to my place. In the mornings sometimes, you're practically driving through a cloud.

>_> Only on cold mornings if you get up at like... 5 or 6 though.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
That'd be strange, I mean my least favourite thing is the sun, it just looks plain weird when the sky is filled with smoke. All you see is this orange ball in the sky and it just doesn't look normal compared to what the sun usually does.

Pity the smoke is back today :( I enjoyed the blue sky yesterday.

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Hosting Smashfest In Melbourne!!!

Ok, a few quistions about he smash fest that i may be hosting...

1. How many people we talking would come to this smash fest?
2. How long do we want it to go for?
3. How old is anyone who wants to participate
4. When would best suit people (dates)
5. Who can bring what, tv's cubes, controllers, food, what ever.
6. Everyone who wants to come bring their own controller
I live in melbourne suburbs (20 mins from city) so you can work out if u can come or not.

SMASHFEST! xD So if people wanna come to this smash fest add me to msn: matt_leees@hotmail. AND post here...
1. your age
2. your location
3. if u can bring a cube +1 controllers and or TV also maybe food.
4. and anything else you can think of to make the whole event run more efficiently.

Also after we've decided how many people can come, we will choose a date, then we'll choose how long for. but mum will be a bit iffy about having strangers over with ages upto 22 and im 16.. so yeah HOPEfully you guys wil be responsibe and the whole thing will rock! let the posting begin!
So if u wanna come say so.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Ooooh, Smashfest. Sounds interesting, of course dates and times will be more helpful when the discussion gets that far.

As I'm fairly poor at the moment (paying off Wii + Car rego + Christmas) and I have a few things on (play to see this weekend + acting workshops over the holidays)

Best I can say is that I'm a maybe.

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Dohei I'm in for sure, what suburb you live in?

Forblaze if you can get there I'll be happy to take you back via my awesomemobile.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Mario 64 is cleaner on Wii than on N64, also since I'm US it's 60hz so no slowness :)

Oh yeah, also I rule so much that I bought a Neo Geo AES.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Dohei

Smash Apprentice
Aiight sweet, so thats three so far? maybe 4 is lemon comes (bet he will xD) umm where is Reservoir? anyway i live in Lower Plenty right inbetween Montmorency, Eltham and Greensborough... it's a pretty small suberb. and yeah a tv would be sweet, nd cube nd shizzle. managers??? =\ hopefully we will have about 5 tvs and cubes so that 10 people playing at a time xD :)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
It'd be great if it was on a Thursday so that Adam could come and I'd be able to stay for longer (if it was on a Saturday there's possibility of tennis in the morning + early work the next day).

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Because we don't need it; we just use the Australian Smash Thread because we're the bulk of Australian smash =D.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
ZTV, it just happened that way. Perth smash has for the most part almost always been organised by MSN and phone calls.

At any rate, Perth secceded from this thread and created a new one not long after Caotic left, because there was roughly a page a day being put through this thread, and if a new smasher from Perth came in, he would just see all Melbourne posters, then post 'are there nay perth players' and we would say 'yes check first page' but they'd never reply.

>_> Long sentences ftw?

So yeah, the perth thread is there just to keep our thread easier to sort through information about the Perth scene. This topic is way too bulky for any new smashers to be discovered. And, with the state of this forum now, it's hard to keep the smash thread on the first page of International Community because I'm the only person who ever hosts smashfests anymore.

THATS ALL FOLKS. NOW GET YOUR EMPTY POPCORN BUCKETS AND GET THE F*** OUT OF HERE.

:: On a side note... I'm stuck in Zelda during the
sky temple. I even already have the boss key.
Don't ruin it for me though, I'll work it out eventually. ::

Sirias

Smash Champion
I realized there were mainly Melbourne people here. <_<;; But oh well, no harm in... dying from not living there. Rofl, yay?

'Core' Smashers? Wah... I wonder who they are, wouldn't mind going against them and losing. Lmao. Woo!

I wanna popcorn bucket. <_<;;

See, now my 'not harrassing my parents to go to Melbourne' is showing it's SEVERE consequences. I could always just live on the street! Lmao, ok maybe not.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
The so called "core" got quite large, too big to be a core, but the very epicentre of original Smash in Melbourne was Shannon, Emily, Cella, & Jon. What I like to refer to as the inner circles were made up of the many who rose through the skill ranks, shortly thereafter, which include but are not limited to: (Melb only) Cats, Cao, Anf, Freddo, Mikul, Joe, Zax, Plasia, Nick, Syrick, DC, Adam, and more.

I'll be off my P's in mid Jan =]

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
rofl @ rep for smashfests xD. We don't do rep in international community; it just doesn't matter to us. The only reason Mic and myself have more rep than anyone else here is because we post in other sections of the forum where people actually care about rep. Seriously dude, don't worry about rep; it doesn't count for **** for the people who will actually get to know you: us.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Plus the rep system's going to be dumped. At least when the admins can be bothered figuring out how to. ;)

Plasia: Just Mic will do.

Jon: Ahh those were the days. Reading the first few pages really makes you feel nostalgic.

Twilight Princess: Sorry, but I've got sleep then work tomorow morning :(

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Uhh, no offense, but what do you care? You live in Jersey =/. But incase you're wanting to fly over for one; January 27th. =]

Mic: Are they really gonna dump the whole thing? Dayum, they should just get rid of the neg-rep part of it so that people won't get pissed off at the fact that other people might not like what they have to say.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol nice find Mikul. It dose seem that way though with consoles nowdays, trying to make them do more than play games, but this seems to be afecting the standard of games. I've had a go at the 360 and it is pritty but it still feels like im playing an Xbox (which is still a good thing).
I hope the PS3 can still deliver great games and at the same time have all those other media options.

Top Bottom