• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
They just roll quickly, there's still the patented lag after the roll.

Compare SSBM's roll to SSB's roll. Much faster unless you're Samus or Yoshi. There's hardly a difference from SSBM's to SSBX's roll imo.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Roll with mewtwo. To me their seems similar to mewtwo's rolling animation.
As far as I remember tho, I can't load up my cube to double check.
So I could be wrong.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
FFS. I didn't even know Delta Blues was Japanese. If I did I would have tipped it. Crazy horses.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just shows Japanese are awsome at all competitions, except when the Japanese themselves are doing the running/jumping/kicking/ect.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I never would have imagined that horse would win, but then again if I could turn back time I'd love to bet money on it. Which one of my friends did, only a small amount but scored a smooth $50 out of it... **** him lol.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Hey guys, if no-one holds a meet this weekend, would anyone like to come down to my house and smash the weekend away? I really want to get some solid smash in. Two people would be great!

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Son of a b****! I missed Thank God You're Here... lame, but I did see the Glass House. So at least I saw one final episode, and it was the one that was the last ever (Why must such hilarity be axed?)

Okay this weekend I may have to lock SSBM away somewhere out of my sight, since I have my only exam on the coming Tuesday I should honestly study this weekend....... lol..... although I already have a gaming day happening on Friday....... st--udy?

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
LAWL LMX as much as I love the Glasshouse I got really PI$$ED off at the Gov for trying to axe it. Sorry Johnny Howard no more votes from me, ever!

I've had my SSBM and GC locked out of sight until exams r over. Its not that hard really just get absorbed in study instead of SSBM. I alos have gaming day at UTS this friday upcoming so no study that day.

TGH is set to be axed coz they make some jokes on the Gov, especially against Johnny Howard and Kim Booze. The gov responded by trying to get rid of it, which they succeeded. But I'm sure it simply just won't go away. Either the comedians will pop up on a different channel or people will make a new one.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I hope your right about the comedians going to another channel, they are good to watch and easily fill a night with humour.

On another note, how many good Roys are there in Australia (Taking into account that Roy is terrible by default). I'm interested to know.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
SHHHHHHHHHH! Don't let Shaz hear you say that >_>. It's probably too late; you've already guaranteed yourself a money match against him so he can prove how good Roy is.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I said taking into account how terrible Roy is by default, I have no doubt Shaz has made his Roy excellant... and I already know it would own my Roy... I'm just interested in knowing who else out there plays Roy. Because the ones in my town are, less than average (and thats describing their Roy skills in the nice way)

There's no saving myself, is there? Lol.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Mic 128 plays Roy. Shaz does but he also plays just about every character in the game.

Is anyone going to the Wii store events? They're coming up very soon!

I'm going to the Bondi one this weekend. Anyone going?

Sloth

Smash Ace
I think Shaz is the only one who takes Roy seriously.
I know a few of us can play most characters, and occasionlly use Roy. But not on that super serial lvl of actually caring.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I haven't played that much as Roy for quite a while....

Can't believe I missed the last Glass House.... :(

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Roy is my main character. I'm not as good as Shaz/Cats/Sloth with him but I'm still decent with him. In example, I can bash up most of Mikul's characters with Roy (except that **** Marth) and I did well in the last low tier tournament (5th I think? Jon's DK is very manly).

Of course now I'm even more out of practice than I have been in my recent showings. I haven't met you yet LemonMan but when I do we can have a mirror match and we'll see how you go. How about best of 3 loser removes their pants and gets to claim lofty things in this thread like "Plasia sucks".

It's no big deal if I lose, since I play street fighter style games mostly, and smash does not play like street fighter. If it did I'd parry that **** fox drill shine repeat bs and shoryuken him back to hell.

BTW guys I'm going to California on Sunday for 10 days. I'm probably going to buy a US Wii because I'm so incredibly pro and because I'll save a lot of money that way. Also when I get back I plan to appear to meets more often, because, well I wont have anything better to do and you're all good friends.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
LoL good luck getting a Wii in America straight off the shelves on its release. Gonna go see Cao? I think you should.

Drop by my place with Nick every now and then when you get back.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just becareful, the Wii's seem to be setup by regions, or some wierd stuff, so for example, the US Wii can only get US Wii Virtual console games, but can only use US Wii points.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Haha, I said 'my Roy 4-stocks noobs with ease'. I didn't say 'my Roy used to be able to 4-stock cute Boozers back when Cao was still Australian'. ^_^

EDIT: Wtf how am I logged in as Jaz? 0_o

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just becareful, the Wii's seem to be setup by regions, or some wierd stuff, so for example, the US Wii can only get US Wii Virtual console games, but can only use US Wii points.
That's a relief, since US verions of games > Aus versions.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Plasia, when you come over, if you're got the time to spend, call me on 714-421-3710. You mentioned you'll be in OC and San Diego at some point, although I think you're leaving the day Sam's expected to arrive.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Yeah not only will having a US Wii mean earlier releases for me with my importing shenanigans, I will have 60hz VC games, no crappy squashed 50hz bs.

Forblaze: I'll just pre-order it at some random EB :) If I don't get it it's no problem, I have a job and I can afford a Neo Geo AES atm, so buying an Aussie Wii later on when Brawl comes out is no problem if it doesn't work out getting one in the US.

CAO I dont know what my plan in San Diego is yet. I'll have to see when I get there. Dad is meeting one of his programmer friends in San Diego, so I don't see why I can't see a gamer friend :)

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Of course now I'm even more out of practice than I have been in my recent showings. I haven't met you yet LemonMan but when I do we can have a mirror match and we'll see how you go. How about best of 3 loser removes their pants and gets to claim lofty things in this thread like "Plasia sucks".
My Roy's main problems are my Fox using friend and my Link using friend. Lame. Very lame on my behalf lol. Also my Peach user friend annoys me occasionally as well :ohwell:

Trust me, I'm probably one of the least threatening smashers you'll meet who plays Roy lol. I'm all for that mirror match, I figure whats the worst that could happen? Pants coming off isn't THAT bad of a thing......

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
He he yeah. Hope dittos are your way to becoming the champion. Oh wait the pros do that all the time with Fox and Falco.

60Hz vs 50Hz doesn't make THAT much a difference - you just get used to it you forget what 50Hz games look like. Same applies for 60Hz games. It also applies to graphics.

I went to one of those Wii demo kiosks they at Bondi shopping centre. It was a ****load of fun! Wii sports - tennis ftw!

Today was a typical bloody hot day. Had to dive into the water to cool off.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Well I went against my own word this weekend, I said I'd lock SSBM up and study, but in fact I did hte exact opposite and played more Smash over the last few days than I thought. Lol but oh well, I regret nothing.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Funny; I thought I'd completely overlook the studying I need to do for my Physics exam tomorrow and play Smash like no-ones business this weekend, but instead, I haven't touched the cube despite it being no more than a meter away from my studying area.

Doesn't mean I got enough studying done, though >_>. *Is going to fail the physics exam. Hard.*

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
DEFINITELY.... especially when that 'light' in your head gets distracted by practising tech skills in Smash instead of researching Mathematical statistical concepts or looking up free body diagrams.

As far as I know about passing subjects for this semester I've already passed two and only have three subjects in which I have to sit the exams for.

LM-X how come you're doing Classical literature? What course do you do?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I do Classical Literature because it was offered as a subject in Bendigo lol. The course I do is a "Bachelor of Arts" at LaTrobe University in Bendigo.

Top Bottom