• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Victorian Tournament:
When: Saturday 13th
Where: the house of Shaz unless someone has a better place (bigger but still free)
Events:
-Singles (standard double elim)

-Crews (of 3, dunno how many to expect just yet though)
~Freddo, Anf, Shaz
~Jon, Mikul, Sloth
~Nick, Plasia, Forblaze

-Low Tier (time permitting which I assume it will)
Low Tier (AKA non-uber) Characters:
~Mewtwo
~Kirby
~Pichu
~G&W
~Link
~Y.Link
~Yoshi
~DK
~Roy
~Pikachu
~Luigi
~Zelda (NO SHEIK)
~Bowser
~Ness

Cost: I'm planning to make it 20 dollars entry fee, that way all three events can have some prize money. It's also likely many people could win money as opposed to just a select few due to the events.

Stage selection method: Go with the standard neutral random, then loser picks counter from a batch of allowed stages (probably just neutrals though).

Character selection: As to disallow counter picks I plan to have everyone elect 3 characters which they plan to use, and use random character (first of the three to appear) to decide which they will use. Otherwise if they plan to use only one character they must stick to that character [for the duration of the tourney.] Countering is unavoidable, but atleast this way it's not a certain thing.

Attendance: let me know if you're coming ASAP (post in here or ring me)
Shaz [Singles] Fox, Falco, Roy(or maybe just Roy *shrugs* [Low tier] Roy
Mikul [Singles] Marth, Gdorf, Falcon [Low tier] G&W, Y.Link, Yoshi
Freddo [Singles] Marth, Fox, Falco [Low tier] Link
JazBlack [Singles] Falcon, Link, Gdorf [Low tier] Link
Sloth [Singles] Marth(not Marth?) [Low tier] Y.Link
Adam [Singles] Falco, Link, Gdorf [Low tier] Link
Plasia [Singles] Roy [Low tier] Roy
Dean [Singles] Sheik [Low tier] Mewtwo, G&W, Link
Forblaze [Singles] Falco [Low tier] Kirby
Jonk [Singles] Samus, Falcon, Gdorf [Low tier] DK
Nick [Singles] Marth, Peach, Fox [Low tier] Pikachu
Gloth [Singles] Samus [Low tier] ???
Syrick [Singles] Falco [Low tier] Pikachu
DC [Singles] Falcon, Falco, Y.Link [Low tier] Y.Link
Anf [Singles] Falcon, Falco, Fox [Low tier] Roy
Ronnie [Singles] Gdorf, Marth, Falcon [Low tier] Yoshi
MarkArse [Singles] Doc [Low tier] Mewtwo

More when it comes up.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Shaz, I'll be there for the vic tourney, no problem.

My three low tier chars are: G&W, Y.Link and Yoshi.

My normal chars are :Marth, gannon and falcon.

This will be fun. :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I hope alot of Vics come to the tourney! Yay for Vic!

I like this new rule, although you can never really escape the reality of coutnerpicking.

If I were there I'd pick Peach/Fox/Bowser

Low tier I'd be Roy/Bowser/Zelda

Hawtness!! New rules are top tier!

Sloth

Smash Ace
Sound's like fun. If ticket ordering goes well, I shall be there!

Just curious. Does it have to be three or one? Cause I only have two main top tiers and two main lower tiers. How troublesome. Oh well ^_^ doesn't really matter.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Hawt Doog. I'm there so put me in.

I think everyone knows who I use (go the sexy legs, go the sexy.... er bombs ?).
I might try Gannon as well but its unconfirmed (his bulge almost equals my own)

Now I will ring everyone in my phone book (even those who dont play smash) to come, if you say no then I will prank you till you go insane and you will not be able to block me as I have access lots of different phones, Mwahahahahaha !!!.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
omg so close to mother's day?
my family is in the flower business so there's no way i can come then :/

(kinda reminds me of having a tourney on valentine's day)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Yeah three or one... a 50% chance isnt low enough to serve the purpose.
CATS -_- that's gay, Im sure you can come somehow. I mean seriously pay Nick Lucas to work for you or something. I would reset the date but it's not only already been done before but I'm setting this date to work alongside what I've heard from Sloth and Jaz coming along. *Puts CATS name down*
LOL Adam you're ganna use Gloth?!

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
If I'm allowed to go:
singles: Falco
Low Tier: Kirby
I have a very limited reportoire.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure I'm allowed to go yet. I also need to secure $50, which isn't very easy for me. There's also alot of other factors that could prevent my attendance, but I won't get into those. Let's just say that it might be difficult for me to come.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol Shaz, Valentine's Day. That reminds me of how you are such a gumby sometimes. Choose better non event days. =p

Samus, Falcon, Ganondorf
DK

Big thanks for being there on Sunday Shaz. Much appreciated.

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
I went to forblaze today to get my cd's and we played smash.
It went like this. (I think)

Nick (fox) vs forblaze (falco), Nick wins.
Nick (marth) vs forblaze (falco),Nick wins.
Nick (peach) vs forblaze (falco), Forblaze wins.

I sd once a macht at low percentages which sucked but forblaze was a good oppenent and beat me my fox with kirby which was weird.
I'll be at shaz's touney and i'll use peach/marth for singles and pikachu for low tier. Shaz $20 is kinda alot, my car needs subwoofers and other pointless stuff, so make it $10 or something. Nick out.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
sorry but i can't do anything that weekend. i can't change it.

get nick lucas to cover for me = wtf?

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Aight, I've just been permitted to go. Now the only trouble is money. Hurrah.

Shaz, ya reckon you could get whatever it is you used to take apart your controller for the tournament? The controller I plan on using needs its L-trigger fixed really badly. Nick can vouch for that.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
will definitely be there, great date btw.
Gloth has agreed to house me but i hope to get around to see the rest of vic aswell :D
so yep thats a definite yes from me, thanks for organising this shaz.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
OOOOOooooOOOOOoooooo. It's on !!!!

Cats.... er is there no one who can cover for you ?. I need closer from all those Luigi/Pichu/Pikachu rapings I received from you.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Kk. So I guess I'll cut out poor Marth.
Singles: Ice Climbers
Low Tier: Y.Link (I feel sorry for leaving out Roy)

Now I just gotta hope I don't run into a peach. ^_^
I'll get to ya tomorrow about my ticket situation.

bonjordo

Smash Cadet
Would any aussies be interested in coming to a tourney i might hold in canberra?

Well its not really in canberra, 5 mins outside of it (Queanbeyan). IF there would be enough interest, it would be held in roughly 3 months. Since the place i plan on using is free to hire, most money would go into a pot. Money not going into pot would pay for food.
Held over a weekend most likely. Accomadation wise, there are plenty of hotels/motels in queanbeyan.
Im just seeing if people would be interested.

hell, 10 people would make my day ^.^

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
As I said, get Shaz to come and I will. Although, paying for accommodation isn't fun ^_^

My picks for this tournament of Shaz' that I can't make it to:

Singles: Yoshi, Marth, Fox
Low tier: Yoshi, Pikachu, DK

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
EK see you in OC?
Ryan AWW NOT CUUUTTE (that you can't come)
Jon, you're welcome
Date complaints: STFU you guys lol - the problem is far away ppl come from far away...then you guys complain about some event. Oh well *shrugs* can't suit everyone all the time. Sorry you can't make it to this CATS, hopefully you can make it to the regular meets until the next tourney.
Umm Canberra tourney: Unless there's some kind of drawcard - or a very high participant level I wouldn't bother even having one. Canberra is half way between Melb and Syd, it's a good idea to go to OHN5 which will be near to that in date, and think about coming to the next Victorian tourney I host some stage down the track (likely before OHN5) Ryan I would suggest that you focus on OHN5 and if you make any secondary efforts to come over this way (though I prefer you come to OC2 somehow :)) then come to the next Melb tourney and we'll try organise a few more out of staters again.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
$20 - I know it sounds steep, but the reason is it gets divided between the singles, crews and low tier. That way many people will make a winning not just one or two. That's what I designed the system for - higher chance of shared victory.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Come on jaz show them what NSW people can do... Shaz please don't ruin his spirit :p

I really gotta get some smash going, pitty people only like things on weekends.

Glothrenite

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably go even tho I cant afford it

Teams? ... crews? ... you sure you wanna have it at your place shaz? ... how many people can you have there?

heres a question ... many people showed up for seat2 ... some I havn't seen or heard of since ... where are they? ... why dont we hear from them?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I'm after players not fillers -so I'm not ganna bother with people who show up to c-stick. This tourney is supposed to be an effort to boost the skill level of those who do play - and reward them for at as best we can.
My place is small I know, but if there's a better place tell me about it.
Who took my AV cords btw?
Oh yeah, start working on your crews guys.
Smashmeet my palce this weekend : Saturday day.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
crews? >.<
i don't even know what i said in my last post, XD Zeruel your confidence in me makes me enjoy travelling interstate to lose.
btw if soemoen is up for a tourny in canberra, i warn you that getting attendance from sydney is pretty difficult, but i'd be up for just a smash meet or somethin.
i'll be bringing my cube down if you're a bit short on equipment shaz, and i like the 3 character max rule, shame CATS can't come.
thanks for organising this btw Shazcan't wait to get there

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Sloth said:
Kk. So I guess I'll cut out poor Marth.
Singles: Ice Climbers
Low Tier: Y.Link (I feel sorry for leaving out Roy)

Now I just gotta hope I don't run into a peach. ^_^
I'll get to ya tomorrow about my ticket situation.

Sloth, if you run into a peach not named "EM" summon me up and I'll **** it for you, free of charge. ;) Prehaps we should work together at this tourney, sloth. I'll cover the marth. :) I can also lend money rather easily too. What do you think???

I'm in for smash at shaz's. Is it an overnighter???

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Jaz looking forward to seeing ya bud.
Mikul, nah sorry not over-nighter I have church Sunday morning.
Anf just confirmed.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
We decided the the Shaz-Jon-Freddo crew was decidedly cheap and ultimately, lame of us to consider in the first place. Although it would be a good money making gimmick =D

I offer my sexy flexy services of smash skills to Mikul and Nick to form a 3some. Take it how you will, but I like it hard and fast. ^_~

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Anf is coming!? *Dies of blood rush to mid-section*

Sorry Jon, Nick's already taken. So hands off, he's mine!

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
Ahh just wanted to come in and say hi...my names Sebastian if anyone remembers yeh u wouldnt of guessed from my user.

So whats been happening? Any new people in or old people left?

I think the last time I played smash was at.. oh god cant member. Yeh so I would suck even more then I did lol! Have fun at Shazes smash thing.

Smash smash smash smash. Smash. moo.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Hey Shaz, you accidently have me down as Marth, but not like it matters. >_> as I may even change my characters before the day.

My Ticket are bought!
Times:
Thurs 11th: Depart 2:40pm and arrive in Melb at 3:50pm
Mond 15th: Leave 6:50pm and arrive in Hobart at 8:00pm

MikulOnIce85 said:
Sloth, if you run into a peach not named "EM" summon me up and I'll **** it for you, free of charge. ;) Prehaps we should work together at this tourney, sloth. I'll cover the marth. :) I can also lend money rather easily too. What do you think???
Sounds like a good plan Mikul! I'll refund you by dealing with those pesky Sheiks.. wait nobody plays sheik. Cept the named EM one.

Top Bottom