• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
LOL Mic.
I beat CATS down at Naruto 4...using Kyuubi though lol.
Yeah CATS I'll let you know about what's ganna happen next weekend, and then you can use some gayness to nair Jon some more.

malva00

Smash Master
I played some australian guy in ssb64 online and I told him about this topic so treat him nicely <___< he plays ssbm

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
......... k =/

Happy Easter, everyone. I hope whoever went to Shaz's house today is having fun. Alas, my homework is yet to be completed. -_-

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
OMG !!!. Im back and just missed Shaz's meet by about 10 hours (lots of traffic on way home) so im ready for action.

The place I stayed at wasnt so much of boganville as I thought but was over run with children. I also want swimming in very cold water, I thought I would never see my balls again but a hot shower fixed that. BTW im willing to host next meet.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
So nice of you to tell us these things...

I mean about hosting the next meet of course.

In other news, I've decided that I'm no good at smash, my skill level pancaked ages ago.

I'm not saying I've quit, you guys are to awesome to play with, I have unsettled accounts with Gloth (he wants revenge for getting beaten by the noodle of fire) and Mikul (we still havent done Roy vs Marth). Also anyone who said that long hair is gay.

I'll keep checking this thread and if there is a meet on that doesnt take 2 hours to get to and I'm free then awesome.

(also I have MSN, invite me to your private meets!)

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Plasia that meet was posted about days ago man.
Today at shaz's was fun. I had some good one on ones with freddo but i couldnt touch him towards the end.
FiErCe_oNi your a cool kid, i'm sure you'll beat shaz one day :laugh:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Isai is too cool. Thanks for the advice Shaz, I didn't even know that guy was really good - he got 3rd in the latest Gauntlet. And even then he and I are on a similar level (watch more than 1 vid LOL).

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Thanks for pointing that guy in the right direction Isai.
KO, I'll watch another one when I can, hopefully with other players too :).

OK I'm planning to have a tourney for Victoria at some stage really soon. I'm thinking in 2 weeks, but if the majority would like it sooner or later then let me know. I think Tuesday is a day off next week for instance.
I'll use Roy as to make it a little more fair on everyone.

I hope to see these people here:
Jon
Gloth
Nick
Adam
Chris
Mikul
Cats
Freddo
Mark
Trent
Dean
Syrick
DC
Plasia

AND if they're still interested in this kind of thing:
Anfology
TM
Emily
Reon
Sam

If there are people I've either forgotten or want to come and aren't mentioned let me know.

It's pretty soon, but I don't plan on using a venue so yeah.
Entry fee, prize money (nothing crazy though) - singles and crews (3 man)

I'm ganna be hastling you all personally this time so I don't want any "I didn't know!" excuses.More when I have it to say :D.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Unfortuantly, due to the holidays being here ( I couldn't get to a computer), I couldn't make it to Monday's meet.

In the future could someone phone me to let me know about the next meet, so that I can go there.

As for your Vic tourney, it might be better if it's on the weekend, as some people have work, and can't attend tourney's during the week.

Otherwise, I'm there. :)

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there (pants and all), if ya want I can also provide a TV and snacks (mmmmm donuts), but I dont a VCR or a digital video camera so I cant help out there.

Also give me contact details for people who dont play smash anymore and I'll bug them to come, now what shall we name this tourny ?, foot rest, stool *giggle*, pillow ?.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I wanna be in someone's crew :( . Shaz, put a low tier tournament somewhere in there aswell. I like my odds. ;)

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Plasia said:
Awesome, I look forward to it.

Nick will you be in my crew? Or arent I cool enough anymore?
Yer plasia we'll do crews together maybe I can rope JM in for our crew if not we get Emily for crews if she comes so we dont get Humiliated ,and your still cool Plasia so cool that I did a burnout at the roundabout next to your house cause I love you.
Adam try to host for Saturday cause I got work off.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Cool and cool. Ryan it could be IN two weeks if you wanna randomly just show up at that cost.
As for crews, I was thinking perhaps Jon Freddo and I could crew up, in which case I highly doubt we'd lose. Only threatening crew I could imagine would be Emily, Bringer JM, and they'd still lose :D
Forblaze if there's a low tier tourney you'd be destroyed totally. First of all Roy qualifies. Second of all, so does Mewtwo, and Mark ***** with that thing. Then there's CATS with Pichu and such, and the list of low tier qualifiers goes on. If everyone decides to come on time (if they come at all lol) then I don't see reason we won't have heaps of time for this though.
Gloth I'm ringin u tonight if you don't post or come on MSN where the heck are u in QLD or something?

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
nickcaine87 said:
Adam try to host for Saturday cause I got work off.
So when you say this it actually means you will come ?. Your lady friend will not invite you to a party and you will change your mind ?, you will drive your sexy car here and let me have a drive or even swap cars for a week/month/decade ?. :chuckle:

Kewl to who ever wants to come, your invited this weekend to my place (I want every one to come not only have 3 people show up).
For those who have no idea where I live then look back a few pages, lol only kidding, its 20 Stephens Place Somerville 3912, come in from Bungower Road not Tea Tree Place (as thats a no through road). Melways map numbers 107 (near the bottom) and 148 (near the top).

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Mr. Phantasmo said:
So when you say this it actually means you will come ?. Your lady friend will not invite you to a party and you will change your mind ?, you will drive your sexy car here and let me have a drive or even swap cars for a week/month/decade ?. :chuckle:

Kewl to who ever wants to come, your invited this weekend to my place (I want every one to come not only have 3 people show up).
For those who have no idea where I live then look back a few pages, lol only kidding, its 20 Stephens Place Somerville 3912, come in from Bungower Road not Tea Tree Place (as thats a no through road). Melways map numbers 107 (near the bottom) and 148 (near the top).
Righto then, I'm in. I've been working on my Y.Link lately and I'd like to see how he goes. I'll call you when I get to Frankston.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Forblaze if there's a low tier tourney you'd be destroyed totally. First of all Roy qualifies. Second of all, so does Mewtwo, and Mark ***** with that thing. Then there's CATS with Pichu and such, and the list of low tier qualifiers goes on.
Hey hey hey. Whoa up there, Shaz. I never said my odds were good, I just said that I liked them. xD

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, me Shaz and Freddo could lose, if we went, Kirby, Kirby and Kirby. I'll be there, no sweat. I feel the rythym coming back even now. Already, I can play smash a lot better than last month. So clench tightly to your buttocks children, for mine are without a doubt far too muscular and manly for you to all latch onto at once.

Also, special thanks to Shaz for his efforts at making me an Ino emblem in F-Zero GX. It will be the subject of many happy dreams and totally unnecessary replays for years to come. =D

bonjordo

Smash Cadet
Oooooh. Finally i can find some opponents.

If any body lives in canberra, give us an email (bonjordo@gmail.com) and we can organise a game.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
iv been practicin my wavedashes a bit but ther still pretty crap, but umm iv been practicin a few other moves so... i might get my wavedashin skills really high by the weekends and i might kum to that place to play ssbm and maybe i might beat sum1...

omg i just realised sheik has a crap wavedash, marths wavedash is way better... maybe i should switch character

btw i hope they get rid of wavedashing in ssbr :demon:
then i hope i can afford a revolution.... :(

man sheiks wavedash is so crap that ur better off not usin it

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Broken = very easy to beat people

IE Bringing a tank to a gunfight is broken.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SabreAnt said:
Lol, me Shaz and Freddo could lose, if we went, Kirby, Kirby and Kirby. I'll be there, no sweat. I feel the rythym coming back even now. Already, I can play smash a lot better than last month. So clench tightly to your buttocks children, for mine are without a doubt far too muscular and manly for you to all latch onto at once.

Also, special thanks to Shaz for his efforts at making me an Ino emblem in F-Zero GX. It will be the subject of many happy dreams and totally unnecessary replays for years to come. =D
ROFL, Jon is BACK! XD

All this Melbourne talk sounds fun.

FiErCe_oNi, sounds like you're obsessed with wavedashing. Learn short hops and l-canceling first, if you haven't already done that - much more important.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Id say Sheik is much better off wavedashing than short hop L cancel. All you need is fast fall and wavedash backwards into grab = Sheik is top tier until someone who can play Fox comes along.

King Kong

Smash Lord
While on the topic of Sheik, Shaz can you tell me how to do Sheiks instant edgehog? I dont wanna start a new post in the Sheik room about it. I mean the move Emily or hoshinokirby do sometimes where they use the Up-B to the edge.

thanks

peace out

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Run at the edge, drop off (theres a moment where you're upB would count as grounded so it will not leap, yet you will become aerial with your momentum) at this point use the UpB (takes some getting used to the timing) then rotate the stick from up back towards the edge. If you do it right you'll get it no worries. It's simple in theory but hard to get down.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
im still practicin shieks wavedashes, i can do every1 elses easy but hers r so hard cause she jumps so fast that by the time u press l/r ur alredy in the air, i got a way by holdin the control stik SE or SW and pressin x/y and then l/r and its way easier but i dun think i would do that in a game, shiek has an awsom wavedash tho and wen i master it...

hey i can do shieks wavedashes pretty easily now, but with a 60% chance of gettin in the a lil air first, but thats not really a prob is it? i just find it difficult to wavedance but i ges i shouldn worry about that much, im just tryin to stop rollin all the time, its a habbit.....

btw peach may be better at recovering but sheik is still good with the explosion, and peach gets sent farther than sheik, dusn she?

ha btw that instant edge hog is pretty awsom

ha ha i tried the same method of sheiks egde hog with link, its awsom, it could be used as an edge hog to, even tho its risky but even him doin a grounded sword spin in the air is pretty kool and weird, i wonder wat would happen if u hit sum1 with that...

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Adam! forblaze and I are coming saturday, Plasia said hes coming as well but well see, hopefully others will come.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Cool you guys are going to Adams too :). I'll give CATS a call tonight to see if he wants to come, or if he's reading this he could post before 4:30 today and let us know. Like I said I'll pick him up if he wants.
Jon's getting back to me about it today, so perhaps he will come also.
Adam don't think of being a funny guy and bringing that Plain Jane girl from that time coz to be honest I'd hastily retreat and u'd lose all your browny points lol.
What else is there? Umm no idea, something and something else, you know how it is.
Mark coming? Freddo coming? Gloth coming?
So far the attendance is like this from what I understand:
YES:
Adam
Forblaze
Mikul
Nick
Shaz
MAYBE:
CATS
Jon
Plasia
NO IDEA:
Dean
Freddo
Gloth
Mark

DEAN: If you've decided on Sheik, do yourself some practise in jumping, charging needles, cancelling, using your second jump and either charging again or attacking. If you get used to it standing still, do the same thing while approaching (moving horizontally also). Also learn to short hop fast fall the neutral and forward airs as most people playing Sheik wouldn't bother so much but it's good to use them in your game.
If you decide Marth, learn to use short hop double fair. Also wavedash into grab and forward smash, uptilt and counter.
Learn this stuff and it will help your game. Once you get these things down let me know and I'll give you some further instruction if you want it.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
ah just repeating what i said on the ohn5 thread, just incase no one reads it XD
prepared to host up to 10 people from your arrival to your departure, the place is about 5min drive from the airport.
for more deatils go to the original post, thanks guys

-Jaz

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Umm....I cant come Saturday guys I spent all my cash last night and dont have any to get there, sorry to disapoint.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Shut up Nick you're a liar I'll drive you if you get to my place. Get the money, I don't care how but I'm sick of your crap lol. Sell your body or something.
Thanks Jaz :)

Top Bottom