• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

kupo

Smash Lord
lol, can't you tell by my name?
Final Fantasy Rocks. I'm guessing you like FFVIII? Queza's a cool summon...but not AS cool as Diablos or Bahamut. hehe...gotta play that game sometime...

Um...check Pg3/4, Cronos_Rainbow did a write up about how we did. I'll quote it for peoples sake. ^0^
Keep in mind that i'm Smash_Gurl...I made another account...hehehe.

Hehe, sorry no vids Yeah well it was good fun first of all. First off I'd like to say that $ma$h_Gurl! was better than me I got major butt kicked the first match I played with her (Falco, Falco Final Dest.) losing something like 2-3 stock down in 5 stock lol. She used plenty of wave dashing, but pretty much just to show off as much as using it as a tactic. Next game I played her Falco vs Falco I lost and she had two stock left on Corneria, where she totally dominated my tail game leaving me trying to lure her to flat ground lol. Then this same thing happened again. The next Falco vs Falco after that was final again and I lost by one stock. The final game Flaco vs Falco we played I won on Jungle Japes (i think thats it, the one with Cranky and the tiolet.) yeah, well I won this one only cause I reflected her short jump lasers and sorta used the stage hazards to my advantage. Even so I only won with one stock left
I'm like fifth best out of the group.
Heh...Jo's(2nd best) Fox is crazy...WD shine freak...he owns me whenever I play Mario...INSANE...I lost friggin' $100 bettin' I could beat him!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by kupo

Um...check Pg3/4, Cronos_Rainbow did a write up about how we did. I'll quote it for peoples sake. ^0^
Keep in mind that i'm Smash_Gurl...I made another account...hehehe.
Huh. I didn't know that. 'Though it explains why you said thankyou when i thanked ...well...you i guess. Hmm. Oh well. Are any of your friends also on the boards? Any of them also planning on coming over? You wouldn't happen to play Ruby/Saphire would you?
BTW, Quetza, stitch, cube and you too i guess Kupo, don't by Sonic DX. Just rent it. I bought it and I've almost finished it in under 48 hours. Plus the graphics are prety poor.

nesis

Smash Cadet
I thought it'd be good to start up a topic like this on gamefaqs to find out if there are any more peeps that smash in Australia ^_^ Here's the list after one day:

NSW
Nesis, Sydney
UberMonkie, Sydney
Anon x 5

VIC
chronorox
azn vivi

QLD
Kong IV
Purple Monkey Dishwa (currently in NZ)
shadow warrior, Brisbane

NT

SA
auzziemon
i8myhat
Jerd
t3nn3rag3

TAZ

WA
chickenisyummy
ganon5, Perth

ACT

There's one guy I'm not sure about - I *think* he lives in the ACT...

If some of you want, you can have your names added to this list ^_^ Just post up your state and (if you want to) city =)

kupo

Smash Lord
Huh. I didn't know that. 'Though it explains why you said thankyou when i thanked ...well...you i guess.
lol, I remember mentioning I was SG. But never mind about that...
All cool ^^!

Are any of your friends also on the boards? Any of them also planning on coming over?
My friends aren't on the boards. Pretty much lurkers really. They check the boards once in a while. They'll register when (*IF*) TG6 is announced. Dunno...that's what they said...meh...they're weird.
I'm not sure if they're going to have spare times during the holidays to come over with me. I'll ask them anyways...

You wouldn't happen to play Ruby/Saphire would you?
Haven't played it yet cuz' I don't have a GB sp. I've played the previous versions 'cept Crystal.

VIC
chronorox
azn vivi
Are they on the boards or just Gamefaqs? Tell em' I'm wanting a challenge! Register at smashboards!! :mad:

J/w...You guys bought the TG4 DVD?
If you guys haven't, you're missing out.:D
It's soooooooo cool!!:D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by kupo

My friends aren't on the boards. Pretty much lurkers really. They check the boards once in a while. They'll register when (*IF*) TG6 is announced. Dunno...that's what they said...meh...they're weird.
J/w...You guys bought the TG4 DVD?
If you guys haven't, you're missing out.:D
It's soooooooo cool!!:D

What the heck is TG(4,6)?

Are they on the boards or just Gamefaqs? Tell em' I'm wanting a challenge! Register at smashboards!! :mad:
Yeah. Are they at GameFAQS or at smashboards? Either way, could you post a link to that page?

kupo

Smash Lord
What the heck is TG(4,6)?
You deserve a big kick in the *** for not knowing what TG is...*Sheesh*.
It's "Tournament Go", THE biggest Tourney in the U.S.
(Check the top page of the Melee Tourney pg)
The recent one is TG5, which is happening on Saturday.
Yeah...they've also released a DVD containing vid. matches, grudges, Documentary(which is d*mn hilarious) and heaps more.

I got the dvd. It's definitely worth getting.

Like mentioned before, my friends will pop up *IF* TG6 is announced. Heh...my friends and I will definitely go there.

Nesis, can you get the exact location? That would be great^^.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I never read the American Tournie stuff. t realy wouldn't help me but make me more jelous about Nintendo in America.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Quetza and other apocolysp smashers, If it's fine with you guys, expect us around 10:30 ish on Saturday. If not, Phone me. BTW, could you PM me your number again as I have lost it. (Whoops.) If you don't have my number as you lost it like I lost yours, I'll PM it to you. Anyway, hopefully, we'll beat you this time.

kupo

Smash Lord
Such regular meet-ups. Brings back so many "fond" memories...
...*cough*NOT*cough*

Aside from the sarcasm, you guys played lately? Can you type up how your matches went? If possible, can you record your matches? That would be so cool! ^^!

Hey nesis, can you get the Gamefaqs members to register at smashboards?

kupo

Smash Lord
As in record your matches and posting them on the boards. It would be bad *** if you could. I can see how you guys play.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I meant in what way? Like taping it and putting it up or like recording in words what happened?

nesis

Smash Cadet
Just thought I'd post up the newly updated list of Aussie smashers. Any wrong information or something to add, just tell me and I'll fix it right up =3

Aussie Smashers

NSW
UberMonkie, Sydney
kazoompah, Sydney
MeleeChampion, Sydney
nesis*, Sydney
Haha Monkey*, Sydney
BeeboW*, Sydney
Anon x 4, Sydney

VIC
chronorox
azn vivi
m00mba
Cronos_Rainbow*
SabreAnt*
Thunder Mistress*, Melbourne
$ma$h_Gurl! / kupo*

QLD
Kong IV
Purple Monkey Dishwa (currently in NZ)
shadow warrior, Brisbane
ungoo, Brisbane
GenjiKage, Brisbane
BladeMarth*

NT

SA
auzziemon
i8myhat
Jerd
t3nn3rag3
Ice, Adelaide

TAZ

WA
chickenisyummy, Perth
ganon5, Perth
kfleong2000, Perth
gamersara, Perth
Syber, Perth
rmusgrave*
mic_128*
u l t i m a t e*, Perth
Quetzalcoatl*, Perth
The Stitchface*, Perth
Cubed64*, Perth

ACT
Flaming Knuckles, Canberra

* Found @ smashboards.com

kupo

Smash Lord
^^

Just to let you know nesis, "m00mba" is my name on gamefaqs.
lol, I registered just to chat to the people there.
And I thank you! :D

Hmm...for the smashers on the boards...

BladeMarth(QLD), hasn't played smash lately. He told me weeks ago, that he's not "into" it anymore.

As for ThunderMistress(VIC), from what Haha Monkey had posted, she doesn't play smash anymore...(or maybe she does?) I'm not sure...too lazy to check back.

Heh...just thought I'd point it out...

Anyways...I haven't played smash lately...too hyped for Z.O.E: 2nd Runner. omg...I can't wait til it comes out.^^

laters

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I tried to organize something with Utimate but he didn't get back to me and i don't think he's posted in ages. Oh well. The others sound promising though.

Kupo, Z.O.E.? I feel like i'm about to get flamed again. :)

kupo

Smash Lord
mic, did you check out his profile for contacts?

Kupo, Z.O.E.?
OMFG!
Are you serious mic?? ugh!
Too much of a Nintendo fanatic. So it's all good.
I'm a Ps2/GC type.
Anyways, yeah, It's Zone Of The Enders(does that ring the bell?). A game by Konami and its a really good game. Robot action totally r0x0rs.

Man...you deserve another kick in the ***...
lol, :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, i'm a nintendo nut alright. I do believe that's where Ender got his name from though. And no, i haven't checked his contacts though i will tomorow. BTW, P O S T 9 0 0
Whooo. 1000, here I come!

nesis

Smash Cadet
Thanks for that info Kupo ^_^ I'll be sure to update the list and make a few changes now. Would you like me to add you to the list as both usernames or just one of 'em?

Just another thing, kupo - would your sig happen to translate to anything like this:

"Do you remember the time when little things made you happy
Do you remember the time when simple things made you smile
Life can be wonderful if you let it be
Life can be simple if you try"

at all?

It looks like it'd be a pretty good song... Could you tell me where I would be able to find it? I happen to like Limp Bizkit, you know =P

Good work on hitting 900 mic =)

kupo

Smash Lord
Nesis: Put up both of my names like this: m00mba/kupo*

Haha. My sig is actually in Gealic, the song titled "The Best is Yet to come" and it's from Metal Gear Solid.
It's NOTHING like Limp Bizkit(they're cool!^^).
lol, I'm not sure about the translation though. My friend had it on her away msg and I thought it'd be cool to have it in a sig.
What I do know is that it's related to love.

anyways yeah, keep smashin' it peoples!

~Later

nesis

Smash Cadet
Ahh ok... I saw Metal Gear Solid written on the site a google search came up with after I put your sig into it. Problem is, there was "Bizkit Limp" written right next to it >_<

Oh well, thanks for clearing that up =D

I think I'll add a new symbol to show if people still play SSBM or are rumored to have stopped. Something like § should do =) If they've definately stopped and don't want to play it any more, I'll just take them off the list.

If anyone wants a copy of the updated list or still has more corrections for the old one, just post up a request and I'll see what I can do ^_^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You could send the completed list to Pimp Luigi. He's made/making a stickied topic with smashers in the US and Canada, so maybe he could add australia onto it?

kupo

Smash Lord
I don't think the Aussie smashers are going to check the **Smashers by Region**. They'd get the idea that it's all the Yankes, y'know(Bugga the Americans =P).
We can *bump* this topic if it slips to the next page.

Z.O.E comes out on September 26th! w/ OST!!
w00t!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Good point Kupo.

What do you guys think of another get together this Sunday? Me and rmusgrave can both come? BTW, Kupo, what did you mean by record? I don’t think you answered me about that.

kupo

Smash Lord
hehe, opps. Felt like an idiot for not explainin' what I meant by "Record". Anyways, I was wondering if you guys can record(as in tape the matches by cam.) and posting them up here.
If not, please tell us how your matches went!!
I wanna know!
Heh...talk about recording matches, I was about to do it, but...
at that time we no longer have the web. cam in our posession. And now, people are just effin' tight.
SabreAnt said he'll record some of his matches...unfortunately, he had spent money on other games(like ff9 for 100 bucks, even though it has been a LONG friggin' time), rather on the vid. card required for recording.

Hehe, looks like I got enough money to fly to W.A to smash it with you peoples. Now I gotta look for places to stay at.

*~*~*ZoE comes out on Sept. 26th!*~*~*
I'm totally in S2 w/ ^ game!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
ZoE? Phh. SCII!! Whoo! I'm geting it after I get the E-card Reader & Animal crossing. It better not suck. Anyway, Stitchy, Quetza? You guys want to do something this weekend maybe?

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
sorry about the delay mic, but I got distracted from smashboards when i got my new computer (yay). I'll see if I can organise something ASAP. But these weekends aren't too good because a lot of my family has birthdays etc. around this time.
cya soon, ill post an update on the situation on this topic, cya

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
OK. BTW, cool sig. When did you get the new cpu? Cotten any good games?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Next weekend's no good. I've just remembered it's Fathers day next weekend.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
bump

I hate this. I did the last 3 posts. *brushes self* "Must get clean....."
Anyway, I haven't heard much from you guys in a while. How are you all doing? Done anything monumental? Seen the latest hyper? (Look in the forum section, the second letter.)

Yeah. You guys are still coming here aren't you? Guys?

nesis

Smash Cadet
They're dead now. We ate their bodies.
</sarcasm>

>_> Nothing much has happened lately for us Aussie Smashers... Anyone available for a tourny these coming holidays sometime? I might be able to get one set up ^_^

kupo

Smash Lord
Wow, it's been a while since I've came back here.
Hmm...no smash for 2 weeks so far. ZOE 2 comes out in two weeks! omfg!...And I'm having fun playing Silent Hill 3. Finished it like...five times already. It kicks major ***!
I'll get back to smash when I'm done with ZOE 2...which will be a LONG while. ^_~

Haha, Mic. Don't count me out of Smash. I'm still wanting to Vs ya. Nesis, I'll see if I can come over and smash it with you. It depends on how much I save til December.

laters f00'

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Pfft?! 100 bucks for FF9? I ain't no stupid tool. It was like 60 or 70.... mint condition I swear! Anyway I was looking for it and it was by chance that I got it. Where you getting your sources from Kupo?

(Bit late yeah I know)

How many WA players we got over there? 3? more? :bee:

I'll get around to recording matches for the Net later this year or early next. Truthfully this time. We'll show them yanks what we're made of yet. THUNDER DOWN UNDER! *pika pika!* :p

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I may not post here often but I still own you all at Smash....and If you dare think of waking me up from this dream you are ganna get upB's (YEHS!) in your sleep by Steve Irwin in a skin tight full body suit.
<- Wants to vs ppl more....specially coz Emily is affraid to. :rolleyes: Newbie newB noob *shakes head* At least Jons around who as far as we know is a superior player....
Hopefully this makes her cut and she vs's me again some time soon....

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yeah, look guys from WA, forget about Emily, shes way too noob and you wouldnt find her difficult to Volcano kick. Even on her best day ;)

Cronos and I are l33t tho, we beat her around like a baked ham on christmas day. :chuckle:

kupo

Smash Lord
CR: I'm cut. ALWAYS. I hate j00, and chu ain't no l33t.
If chu wanna vs meh, denz why donz u *** ovaz? And whenz I b33t chu, dun sai j00 wer intimidated. Shannon sux0rs.

Cronos and I are l33t tho, we beat her around like a baked ham on christmas day
I'd like to see you beat meh Jonny boi. :D
ya tosser! ;)

Anyways...
hehe, I was off with the guess, Jon. Hehe. My minds *blank*

And one last thing.
I found three peoples in Greensborough(some place far). However...one of them is on a trip on Europe for three months.
And for the other two, well...figures, I haven't been able to contact them.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
SabreAnt: There are 5 of us. There's me, rumsgrave, Quetzacottle, The Stitchface, Cube64 and one other who hasn't joined the boards yet.

Kupo: I didn't understand most of ^.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
You tosser? What has Cronos been telling yo... oh I get ya. You mean idiot. Riiiggghhhttt.... :) Well let me explain in language you understand Ems:

I ownz j00, and uza total n00b wenz it cumz to $mA$h :D

So yeah well uh my Ganondorf beat your Mewtwo and my Fox beat you Pichu so uh.. well **** man I OWNZ J00! (PS come to Shaz's sometime soon and bring that shirt. :) I also got over 1000m in GDorf's HRC! YAY!)

Top Bottom