• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Duck

Smash Apprentice
AWWW man, being a Nintedo fan in NZ is lame. I have had no human competition cept for a couple of times with haha, and I got absolutely killed. I dont recall being so frustrated at a videogame ever. He just moves to quickly, and links up moves so well. So after sulking for about a month, I have recently tried a change of characters even though i find falco the most fun(I just live short jump spiking, and all of his other aerial moves), I can admit I am abosultely terrible with him, so i am trying to find out who I should practice with now, so i can enjoy it next time I play haha.
But once again, no human competition will hold me back a little.

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
well for now, i'll be comin' down ta sydney just to see you haha
My friends aren't back from their long holiday...so yeah, that kinda sucks....but neh, i get ta play!

Like crono said, a few nights we'll be staying.

To Duck
One of the new members to this forums is from NZ. I think his name was xcon. Perhaps you can meet up w/ him and play.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Ok kewl that's fine, just let me know when you know, there's plenty of time though. Only prob was that mum didn't exactly realise that you were both sleeping over, so she was a little surprised and unsure when she realised, but I'm sure it'll be fine so just pretend I didn't say that.
8p
I was talking to her earlier and I'm confident it'll all go ahead.
But ARGH I've been putting off my smash in favour of TS2, I can't belive how much fun it is to just roam around with twin shotguns blasting off zombie's heads.
8p
I'm gonna go play some smash RIGHT NOW!

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
lolz haha, even though i am supposed to play smash,
i'm playing kingdom hearts now! Oh well, i guess it's fine
to lose to crono, than to you! lolz:p :rolleyes: :p
haha, you sure your mum allows us to stay for a few nights?
wow, Recipherus sounds like the master.....
i MUST play NOW!!!:D :chuckle: :D

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Yeah, but Recipherus DESERVES to be called the master. BeeboW was just trash talking on my behalf seeing as I haven't been doing it.
Why would you prefer to lose to Cronos than to me?
lol it's not like I've tried to stir you up or anything!
8p

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
of course you haven't haha.
I just wanna do good when i play you.
i'm not saying crono is a bad player, not at all.:) he's great!!
man, i seriously wanna play u.........i'll just have ta keep dreaming........
Has Recipherus recorded any of his matches?
i wanna see how the MASTER plays.....lolz

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Erm there's a few of his on the TG3 DVD so you can see that when you come over lol. The only way similar to him I play is with sheik's throw though.
Lol I didn't even end up playing smash last night like I thought I would. My mum went to sleep and dad wanted to watch a movie so he watched it in my room where my GCN was. I hope to get some practice tonight...

BeeboW

Smash Journeyman
AS if im being a face face! hahahaha
NO no, you're good at english....your english is much better than my spanish...yeah....my grandmother's head's on fire....
no but haha is good! i lose to him because he's such a friggin item *****, and plus i absolutely HATE stages with levels. i mean ANY sort of levels on the stage and i lose....that's why im only good on corneria, FD, hyrule is alright, but any other stage i suck on.......
yeah, so at night you put gasoline on rags and smell it right?

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
ugh, bad stuffs happening....
This is so s***......because it MIGHT affect my coming to syd.
Gawd, i know it really sucks....
But still, ya got crono ta play....

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
What's the problem?
Lol Cronos said he would only come if you do, so mebbe it's off...
8/
Any prob we can help with?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
If she cant make it, and I still have enough cash with nothing of great importance to purchase I'll do what I can to come anyway....unfortunately I can still offer no guarantee, it's likely I wont be able to for some time. Sorry but I'm limited to small amounts of money being a cheap unemployed bum and all. I will say though that the chances are much higher if she's comin too. *hopes so*

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
whoo......everythin'z cool nows....yay!:D
really crono? a higher chance of coming? cool.....
No probs atm, so its all good:bee: :D :bee:
yesh, gotta play smash:p ready ta kick @$$
****, i still can't play w/ items........
can't we play w/o items?lolz! j/k

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Lol well I love items on v high, so how bout medium items, a compromise.
8p
We can play both with and without, just so you can see how much I rely on them lol. That's good you got your problems sorted. Let me know if there are any changes.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Noooooo my house my rules!
8p
Sorry Cronos.
Besides, medium is a fair compromise. Right in the middle.
BTW my next hols are Sat April 12th to Mon April 28th.
What about you two?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Lol, ya bum :p It doesnt really worry me, just as long as you play me a few no item 1v1's im happy. I just think its better on lower items 'cause that way it makes them all so much more special....I dunno.

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
11th April til 28th.

Man that shows you rely on itmes...
i agree w/ crono. switch it to LOW
items are very bad....yes,yes they are....:chuckle: :D :chuckle:
oh well.......gotta practice....again......

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
I really wanna rename this topic to aussie chat room :)

Im with haha, ITEMS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!I havent played melee in ages, i started final fantsy 9 again! im hooked( again). I ll guess ill start playing melee again when i finsih it.

BTW for all those who didnt know, my avatar is Kuja a guy not a girl and hes a baddie in FF9

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
9 is the only one of the recent ones I haven't yet played...
Lol yeah we're being slightly spammy, gotta be careful. Smash gurl and cronos, I figure items are there for a REASON, and besides, medium items isn't that much at all. I would much prefer to have items available throughout the whole match that I can just keep grabbing and chucking. Anyways, good to see your dates are the same, what about you Cronos?
I can't imagine they'd be different, but anyway lol.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Should be the same but even if they arent itll only be a day or two off.
Who wants to play Smash if half the game is running to an item and pressing throw? I prefer it when an item has the power to change the battle either way, makes it more important to know how to use them, aswell as how to avoid them.
IX is the best FF IMO and Kuja should be an optional boss in Kingdom Hearts 2, aswell as having Zidane and/or Vivi as sidekicks in a FFIX based world. Ozma disappointed me and Excalibur II is too hard to get in PAL version (missed by like 8-12 minutes once though)
If this is spam, then just about every other member has done it in their own topics (California Tourny or something like that)...we're discussing meeting up, and its done openly so that others can join us, or get the idea to do the same with us one day...I dont see how its bad.

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
like haha said before, it takes skill to use them...
i won't go on or else this'll turn into those debate topics....
Yeah.....few matches w/ items is fine....
Recipherus will be there? i hope so...i wanna meet the master!!
lolz!!
FF9 is cool! loved the chocobo treasure hunting in the forest and the cute moogle save points!
Rally- Ho!!:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
really...who would bother getting excalibur? Ragnarok rocks!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Its the fact I cant do it that annoys me lol.
Yeah I know it takes skills to use items though, but I think it takes more when there are less to choose from....just the same as catching a fly in midflight is pretty hard, but if there are like 5 all flying together, the chances to catch one are higher....you probably wont see my point here...im just trying to say that statistically less items should mean more skill and less 'luck', Anyways. Smashgurl...u were on MSN, then you went. I was doing homework, so yeah.
I use .... too much.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Erm smashgurl sorry to dissapoint, I don't quite know how you got the idea, but no recipherus will not be there lol. He live in America! Erm I can show you a couple of his matches on DVD if you want, so perhaps you could say his "spirit" will be there lol, but sadly, he will not.
8)

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
oooppps...my big mistake.....
:p :p :p
i really need to read back....oh well...
the dvds sound cool! Do the americans play hard
like the japanese do? i've seen the vids at joppes site and
loved the falco and Marth ones. The vids in the melee
discussion looked like :newbie: to me.....no offense!!
oh well, its either just me or i was expecting more hard
matches......:p

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
HELLO I DID START THIS TOPIC, U CAN STILL TALK TO ME. us r just talking to each other:eek: :mad: :o oh well, at least i can talk to smashgurl on msn.:p

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Well most of the vids that are posted in their own threads (MOST, not all) are not made by ppl considered the best round here...
The best match vids are deff the ones on the tg3 DVD, and if you saw the one promo match for the DVD that they posted, don't go by that. They said (and now that I got the DVD I agree) that that was a real bad match, and it doesn't at all represent the level that those ppl play at. But my fave vids are still some of the japanese ones...

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
well Blademarth, start postin' and we'll start a conversation w/ you! lolz!

haven't seen the promo match for the dvd....where is it?
Man....i can't wait for joppes site to be up....
i need some inspiration...lolz! j/k

Ah well....gonna go play ff7 and i gotta start ALL the way from the start....gawd, did anyone find the ruby weapon ANNOYING?!?! why's omega so easy and the dark aeons HARD?! should i just zanmoto all? including penance?
sorry to be outta topic......but i'm bored!!!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Yeah BladeMarth add me already or something :p!
SmashGurl don't use Zanmato or else I'll tease you for a long time to come.
Joppes site is up like once in a blue moon. It's really pretty unreliable.

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
hmmm.....it's gettin' quite here....
Where's everyone? Somebody?........Anyone??:qblock:

Hey crono, you still goin' to sydney or not?
:qblock: :qblock: :qblock: :qblock:

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Welcome to SWF ultimate!
You should look up the member mic_128
He's in Perth and keen to meet new ppl to play.
He has at least two friends that are right into smash too I think. He posted earlier in this topic if you just wanna flick back a few pages till you see him, then send him a PM. Lol I'm still here smash gurl, just didn't have anything else to say atm.
8p

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
hey haha! Thanks for the pm! i feel special!!

My parents want to go sydney now....
I'm pretty sure it'll be on the first week of the holidays.
And yeah, can't sleep at your place coz, my parents a so effin' tight.....
I'm not sure about crono though.....
Oh well, at least i'm comin', ya?

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
Lol, nm, we just gotta hope you don't stay anywhere too far away from my place.
I live in a suburb called burwood, it's in the inner west of Sydney. If you get a hotel in the city or summint the city is like a 20-40 min drive from my place. I guess you could try and get to my place one (or several) morning and stay for the day.
I guess Crono is still coming...
?
Uh oh, there's a kewl japanese movie on tonight, I forgot!
Cya round

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
sorry i aint been on in ages more internet troublez:(

OK cronos i added u on msn so go on!!!! Im still playing FF9 :S

but now im kinda starting playing pokemon on gamboy.. how lame :(

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
haven't played pokemon in a while.....dun think i'll
play that game...pokemon is like the chao world...
except that don't go on adventures -_-
gawd, am i sad, lookin' after the chaoz....

Good ta see blademarth comin' in once in a while....
Can somebody say somethin'?
oh yeah, haha, i'm usin' sheik atm
he rox:)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I just started reading this thread tonight.. um lets see 11:13 pm 16th FEB. Ok ok, its really late to start reading 8 pages of posts but hey, I couldn't stop when I saw talk of a gathering and CR and SG posting nonstop. For those who want to know who the heck I think I am, I am the contestant number two. Whos that? Refer back to page 2 or 3 I think. I'm the player with the exceptional DK skills. :)

I have been playing Cronos since early last year, and Smash Gurl and I have only had 7-9 matches all up. Yet, even then, its all good experience.

I saw talk of Love Hina by Haha I think it was. D-A-M-N that series is funny (and painful)!!! I just bought volume 6 two days ago. Watched it through today. What can I say? Good choice. There was talk of taping mathces? I can do that. In fact I used to tape myself on the N64 SSB, to watch myself and picks faults and strengths. If you want, I can tape anything at my place. I'll drag Cronos up sometime soon if that is desired. ( I always play at his house). Btw, you do go through the VCR, its really quite simple if you're shown how, or are patient enough to try 3867 plugs combinations. :D

So, well... yes. I am yet another player interested in others for competition. I can come up to Sydney late this or early next year. I'll probably have my car by then. If you provide facilities, then I'll provide a challenge. Agreed?

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
ARGH! SMASH GURL! NOT YOU TOO!
Pls don't call sheik a "he", it's Zelda!

Ah hey sabreant, you're cronos' friend?
kewl!
Well now that smash gurl isn't staying at my place the second spare bed is free so you could prob come up with Crono these next hols if you wanted!
Were you saying that you watched Love Hina off my advice?
That's awesome!
lol
Yeah it's real good, prob my second fave anime, with EVA being all time first.
It's hilarious. Have you seen Love Hina Again?
It's a bit weird but it has the most awesome ending for the series.
And you said you bought volume 6?
On region 4 (australia) DVD?
Cos my EB only has to volume 4 atm, said the rest not coming just yet (I've already seen them all twice over but am buying them as they come).
Anyways PLEASE DO record some matches with Cronos, that'd be awesome.
8)
Making history too.
8p

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
yo sabre d00d! wassup?!
its cool if ya can get the vids up! i'll be there!

ok then its a SHE!! A SHE!!!:mad: j/k
i seriously thought that it was a guy....
Anyways.....
haha, where abouts in sydney would ya recomend?
i've only been there once...(how gay) and i dun remember
the locations......
of course, a place where i dun have to travel far to reach
ya place...
so yeah....

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Have to tape Chicken Man!!!! That would make history as the first one ever! YAY! lol and Sheik lacks genitals so you cant really give it a true gender, besides if Ganon can go between Pig-like beast and Human I can't see why Zelda can't be female and Sheik male.

Top Bottom