• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

kupo

Smash Lord
Hi Hi,

On sat. crew "Cry more Noobs" feat. Syrick, DivineCrono and myself will be there. [Actually that isn't our crew name, this'll do for now...*don't hurt me DC =P*]

Singles...I guess so. What format thingo are we using anyhoo? D.E? RR *shudder*. Will be using 3 characters which i won't be telling right now.
Gee, I wonder who they'll be...? ._.

Teams, I'm free for grabs. As long as you don't play like Mark, then yeah...anyone can take me xD. Oh, low tiers FTL. I'll end up *****slapping you heaps from behind tho =3.

I warned ya...

~Em.

*~*P.S*~*
I think shaz is gonna take the tourney =X

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Im squealing like a little girl right now over this information.
On a side note, are you up for a guest today Gloth ?. I would like to swing buy for the day and get some practice with you, Sloth and Jaz.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
WTF Snake?!
OK shut up already that's just too good to be true I don't believe it for a second :D!!!!!!!!!! So go home liars :p lol.
Pit is an awesome manly man but Roy > him still :O
Umm I'm ganna double post and restate the manly tourney details + update them.
Black Yoshi more so than white IMO.
SNAKE HAS A BOX YAY!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Victorian Tournament:
When: Saturday 13th
Where: the house of Shaz unless someone has a better place (bigger but still free)
Events:
-Singles (standard double elim)

-Crews (of 3, dunno how many to expect just yet though)
~Freddo, Anf, Shaz
~Jon, Mikul, Sloth
~Nick, Plasia, Forblaze
~Emily, DC, Syrick

-Low Tier (time permitting which I assume it will)
Low Tier (AKA non-uber) Characters:
~Mewtwo
~Kirby
~Pichu
~G&W
~Link
~Y.Link
~Yoshi
~DK
~Roy
~Pikachu
~Luigi
~Zelda (NO SHEIK)
~Bowser
~Ness

Cost: 20 dollars entry fee, that way all three events can have some prize money. It's also likely many people could win money as opposed to just a select few due to the events.

Stage selection method: Go with the standard neutral random, then loser picks counter from a batch of allowed stages:
-Final
-DL64
-Stadium
-FoD
-BF
I've had some negative comments on Yoshi Story, but it's there unless I hear some feedback saying "we just don't want it." it's there.

Character selection: As to disallow counter picks I plan to have everyone elect 3 characters which they plan to use, and use random character (first of the three to appear) to decide which they will use. Otherwise if they plan to use only one character they must stick to that character [for the duration of the tourney.] Countering is unavoidable, but atleast this way it's not a certain thing.

Attendance: let me know if you're coming ASAP (post in here or ring me)
Shaz [Singles] Fox [Low tier] Roy
Mikul [Singles] Marth, Gdorf, Falcon [Low tier] G&W, Y.Link, Yoshi
Freddo [Singles] Marth, Fox, Falco [Low tier] Link
JazBlack [Singles] Falcon, Link, Gdorf [Low tier] Link
Sloth [Singles] Ice Climbers [Low tier] Y.Link
Adam [Singles] Falco, Link, Gdorf [Low tier] Link
Plasia [Singles] Roy [Low tier] Roy
Dean [Singles] Sheik [Low tier] Mewtwo, G&W, Link
Forblaze [Singles] Falco [Low tier] Kirby
Jonk [Singles] Samus, Falcon, Gdorf [Low tier] DK
Nick [Singles] Marth, Peach, Fox [Low tier] Pikachu
Gloth [Singles] Samus [Low tier] ???
Syrick [Singles] Falco [Low tier] Pikachu
DC [Singles] Falcon [Low tier] Y.Link
Anf [Singles] Falcon, Falco, Fox [Low tier] Roy
Ronnie [Singles] Gdorf, Marth, Falcon [Low tier] Yoshi
MarkArse [Singles] Doc [Low tier] Mewtwo
Emily [Singles] Sheik, Falco, Peach [Low tier] Roy

I will be using Fox alone in the singles as Ems wish: so you've been warned.
See you guys tomorrow! Remember there is an entry fee.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I haven't been to this room or the pool room in ages on account of SSBB and E3. I've been in the Light House or the Brawl forum for the past couple days =P.

Anyway. Adam, whether you were joking or not, it doesn't matter. You're paying for me either way. My monetary situation over this weekend is based entirely around the fact that you're shouting me a tournament. Don't worry, though. I'll still buy you lunch. ; ) Thanks buddy.

METAKNIGHT FTW!

CATS

Smash Journeyman
zero suit samus? takes too long to type... henceforth she'll be known as "jons char"

out of the 5 new chars i like pit the best cause kid icarus was an awesome game, and pit is cool as

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, thanks for that Cats. I'll put that in my litle black book of "sayings-to-remember-with-a-cheeky-grin". Shaz is a gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay FFF-HAG! And Yehs, I did type each 'gay' there manuallly. Because I'm a believer. =D

This tournament is going to the later hours of the night but not into the wee hours or anything, since me and Shaz have the meeting on Sunday. (non-smash) That info is essentially for TM's sake.

I think you're having guys over tonight Shaz? I dont know but I'll see if I can sneak my sexy butt over for some Up-B'age.

*edit* I just watched the trailer for Brawl, thanks to mic for linking it to me, and I gotta say. I'm pretty hot for that game right now. I wanna grind it. Lol. Mario super attack looks awesome, and Link's got me excited in the pants every time he swung... a lot! Also, Samus is... well.. a babe. I cant resist a cute blonde anyhow, but one that kicks *** in style too? Yikes I wanna pop a ring on that 3d finger and get hitched. LOL! Clearly I'm excited, Big Kev style (but not dead like him)

PandaX

Smash Lord
E3 is over now - I had a fantastic time. Nintendo pwnz0rd the whole show. Metroid Prime 3 = personal best game on the floor. Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports are too fun. Thumbs down to Redsteel, 3rd parties in general and the entire Xbox booth XD. I'll have lots of pics and vids soon ^^

EDIT - Whoops, this is CAOTIC

lol and I got a billion calls and nessages about Smash, lol. I was there dammit XD

I also have a Nintendo booth babe's outfit - a vest and a skintight shirtm I dunno wether to Ebay it yet or not.... =)

CATS

Smash Journeyman
as long as you don't wear it cao.. hey is something happening on sunday? give me a ring if there is cause i should be able to come due to some free time coming my way

someone that knows if there's a meet or not on sunday can also send me an e-mail alternatively if they don't know my phone number :3

Glothrenite

Smash Apprentice
Shaz here!
Hey guys tourney is over:

Singles:
1st Shaz
2nd Sloth
3rd Freddo

Low Tier:
1st Shaz
2nd Sloth
3rd Jon

Crews:
Equal First [Emily, DC, Syrick] + [Shaz, Freddo, Sam(YES SAM!)]
2nd Jon, Mikul, Sloth

Yeah thanks a million for coming everyone it was awesomely madtastic and humptacularity to the oooOOooOoOoohage max.
We have tons of videos, and some pictures floating around too, so yeah. KO you should be happy :)

CATS, gimme a call at around midday, and I'll organise getting you to the meet *Lloyd pose*

I'll do a big sexy man-post at some stage, but for now well done to everyone, the performances by all were more than impressive, and it's been a real snazzy day :D

PS KO you cheeky man, I bet you used the good ol' accent to get the booth babe out of that outfit ;)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
THE Wii MONTAGE

This is a compilation of my own footage from this year's E3. Most of the footage is within the Nintendo Wii showfloor - Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, with the finishing of the Ridley boss fight. The Wii is fantastic.

Smashers featured: - CAOTIC (Wii Tennis), Panda, MrPBody (DDR Supernova), Nealdt, Jeffzor (Singstar - rear), Chu Dat
Video/recordings by CAOTIC
Intro Interview - features Panda
Ending Interview - features Nealdt

Special thanks to Jeffz0r

http://files.filefront.com/E32006_0003wmv/;5060956;;/fileinfo.html

Hawtness!

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
however badly I did, yesterday was awesome fun. Lots of killer moments and heaps of friendlies = wicked day. One of the highlights of the day was undoubtedly the Falcon pause screen. If I may, I'd like the honour of posting the pictures on the falcon boards. Thanks for the tourney Shaz, it was just a **** shame we couldn't start on time.

I just posted the pics in the Falcon boards. Mic, lock it whenever you want, but please, make sure it has been enjoyed first.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1389556#post1389556

In the Sam(ness) v mark(doc) vid, you can hear us all laughing our ***** off at it and then me and Jon coming in and my high pitched laugh in the background. Good times.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Well let's see if I can cover everything.

Tournaments first.

I came 5th in the low tier tournament. Darn Jon and his exceedingly manly DK showed my Roy what a boy he was. So he knocked me to losers brackets, then I beat poor Gloth and Mark who were playing M2 (poor guys), then Syrick's pika gave me a real tough time but I managed to win in the end. But then I had to vs Jon's DK again and well... that was more DK being more manly than Roy.

Onto the crews, highlight was Mark killed me during a taunt, what a *******. Long story short Team Plasia sucks came last.

In singles I had to vs Shaz first off and he was playing fox, so that was real fair. So as soon as I took 1 stock off I SD'd my last life as it was the honourable thing to do. Then DC came with his Falcon who makes Roy seem to move like a sumo wrestler. It went down to the last stock but he pulled out an exceedingly manly knee and it was bye bye Roy. So yeah last place for me.

So onto casuals.

Myst: Sorry, you cant beat my Roy :p

Mikul: ooOooOOOOoooOooOoOoo you sexy man! You can own my Roy with the queen of homosexuality Marth but we both knew that would happen anyway. Is the Ganon vs Roy grudge still on? I won this time but it could have gone either way.

Nick: wtf, I didnt play you once.

Forblaze: You're a better player than me, so as soon as your Falco knows how to beat Roy it'll be all over and no more wins for Plasia.

Freddo: You are way sexy, it's totally overpowered. You know how to abuse the fox vs Roy matchup and abuse Roy's lack of shoryuken-type anti-air moves. I'll have to get Shaz to teach me how to VS space animals one day. But until then (and probably after too) you'll be way above me.

Mark: I cant believe you cant beat my Roy. It just defies logic.

Dont be worried about "not going well" or anything like that anyone. Nobody at the tournament sucked.

Moogleman

Smash Cadet
Yet another fellow aussie enters the scene :)

Howdi
If there are any bored people in melboune on weekends id b more than glad to mission it somewhere to play some smash. Though that would b friendly and not tournament :p

Name: ibby
Main Chars: Fox, Falco, Picachu and Yoshi

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey, I done a big post with shoutouts and well frankly the comp, it sucked so ... yeah thanks everyone for coming, proud of you all and yeah manly manly times were had :)

kokirichild and moogle yeah umm there are people who live in Monbulk, try talking to CATS.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I edited your details into the second post of this thread guys. I would just like to say, that you spelt Pikachu wrong... and that by playing Pikachu you are playing the manliest character of them all (after my Pikachu beating Shaz' Falcon in a contest for sexiest man in the universe).

Oh, and playing Yoshi just makes you awesome ^__^

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
LOL Shut up Ryan only spandex wearing bipeds may run for the sexiest man in the universe competition.
Oh yeah, theres a match up of Sloth and I from the finals of singles on Caotics filefront account.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
*scratches head*...Uhh, I guess....
We done Zero Suit Falcon already, so the nudey man of doom has already struck.
Otherwise, good work :D

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone! Shaz's touney was fun and stuff. Little late for this but I love shout outs!

Plasia: Thank you for writing "*chk* yesh" on the fogged up windows on the way home, it makes up for your poor performance in crews.
Forblaze: Get your own smokes FFS :laugh:
Adam: I dunno how you went but your cool
Gloth: I would have beat ya if i didnt SD :(
Shaz: Your cool!
Jon: Your cooler!
Emily: Uber combo on Shaz, peach ftw and Cheer up girl your attitude reminds me of my girlfriend, dont become and an angry goth like her :laugh: :laugh:
Jaz: Your my fav interstater that iv met so far.
Sloth: You own man.
Freddo: You went so well in the touney,Sorry about not getting you to flinders on time for the 11:30 train, hope you got home ok but.
Mark: Your doc owns.
Trent: Nice goatie man or as i like to call them "the tickler".
DC: You rock my jocks.
Syrick: your as tall as me, i hate you! :p
Sam: Your go so well in touneys, you should get this tattoo it would suit ya http://www.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/docevil~05-14-06_20.jpg

Oh and ryan beating your yoshi makes me awesomer and sexier lol.

Sloth

Smash Ace
kk, I'm back at home. I had fun. I'm not sure whether to post shout-outs or not.. but on a side note, I will beat you next time Shaz. >_<

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
FINE I'll shout out - hopefullt it works this time :p
Sloth: You're very welcome to try my friend, I appreciate the competition :) Well done on your success
Freddo: You could just have easily come against me in the finals, clearly you've become a manly Fox "you've become so strong". It's evident I'm still better than you though, so keep chasing me ;)
Jon: You know how I feel about YoOOoooOooOou!
Gloth: Nice try man, you played like a pro, you just didn't win, so in essence you done what you were setting out to do. Hopefully next time the results will show it a little more :) Well done having a better M2 than Mark :D!
Emily: Yeah that combo was pretty funtastic - nothing like geting your fast faller kicked to remind you you're not yet invincible :S Shame you didn't feel like staying around for the singles, I was eager to red chakra your sharingan .... oh well maybe next time :)
Sam: OMG you own in tourney you clown LOL.
DC: You're Falcon has a twist of its own, and you whooped Mikuls Ice all over the place in all three tourneys you took him out LOL!
Mikul ^ LOL don't let someone hat-trick you again it's too funny :D Well done with ure performance with GW on DL64 vs me it owned *Lloyd pose*
Nick: Jon is cooler than me? I'd take it as an insult but I know it's coz you're saying I'm hot ;)
Syrick: A man of big bright red cheeks and a sexy man attitude to boot. Thanks for coming, you add a certain YEHS to any meet. Also thanks for the uuber reflex game it's stillowning me just not as much :D
Plasia: LOL you are a funny, do it again!
Adam: Well played man, you needed the tourney exp. Hopefully you'll play in ALL events next time :D
Forblaze: What a Falco man, keep it up you're rising like a bat outta hell :D
Jaz: Falcon with balls of steel, keep it up man you're doing NSW proud *thumbs up*
Mark: OMG man you're a pro - don't let it get to your head though that's your weakness. Better luck next time my friend ;D

Hope I didn't miss anyone, really gotta work now I'll check later and perhaps edit.
SANK YOU!

Top Bottom