• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AUSOM, Auburn University Smash Of the Millenium April 24th

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Yeah, we definitely need to get some friendlies in this time, Chaz. No more forgetting and no more johns. :p

I do wish to ask when is the close off point for Brawl Singles Registration, and perhaps doubles if I can find a partner whom just wishes to try working with a guy whom never really does them.
Singles registrations end when singles begin. Doubles registration ends when doubles begin, which is scheduled at 12:00 central time.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
You can't beat Zap's Olimar. As for me, you were getting frustrated even today when I was playing random against your Pikachu. If you and Will go even, then play a set for a spot in the crew. I think Isaac might honestly be better than both of you guys anyway. He got out of pools at That Ain't Falco and beat Shock's Pikachu.
1) I don't try to beat people in the gameroom so that is irrelevant, as for this afternoon I was getting frustrated because I was doing things I didn't want to do not because of you.

2) Yes Issac did get out of pools and I didn't, but let me remind you that I was in a pool with albino, billy, reflex, and shock. Please remind me who was in pools with you. Also that was when I had kinda just started getting use to pikachu and I beat shocks Marth with zelda and decided to use Lucas against it and the only reason I lost the match (which I was winning) was because frigate changed in the middle of my recovery.

3) I can talk all the smack in the world but it doesn't mean anything... so I will just show you:)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'm not really good in Falcon dittos. Go the other two spacies and that's a different story :)
oh lol ok. I was offering Falcon ditto because I'm pretty bad as well. But I'm willing to use Fox or Falco, your choice. And you can choose money and set count.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oi, well just got done talking with mum, I'll be driving myself. Seems she had an odd bad idea about me being some guy that would act out, however most offline I go to I am usually quiet to the bone (she has never seen me at tourneys and only the old man has).

I do wish to ask when is the close off point for Brawl Singles Registration, and perhaps doubles if I can find a partner whom just wishes to try working with a guy whom never really does them.
Aye, a ride up there alone is going to be pretty dull. But it's good that you're able to go.
I've already got a partner for doubles, but I could probably team with you for a doubles MM against someone lol.

Well, he was in the Madison crew, and he's now my roommate at Auburn. He doesn't go to many tournaments. However, him having played almost everyday with our crew (Madison) for the summer and every weekend during the school year made him double plus good. He is one of the best at Auburn. He learned how to play Olimar straight from Dan.
Oh so we have another Olimar in Alabama? Neat, I look forward to playing this guy and the rest of AU of course.

Kola wanna mm $5, gotta get ya back for last time.
Sure thing man, last time was pretty close so lets see if my experience since then helps me out lol.

and Serin if you're that eager wreck people at AUSOM, show Reflex(Our designated team captain) that you can replace someone on that roster. I plan on doing the same so you're going to have to fight me for it. ;D

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
1) I don't try to beat people in the gameroom so that is irrelevant, as for this afternoon I was getting frustrated because I was doing things I didn't want to do not because of you.

2) Yes Issac did get out of pools and I didn't, but let me remind you that I was in a pool with albino, billy, reflex, and shock. Please remind me who was in pools with you. Also that was when I had kinda just started getting use to pikachu and I beat shocks Marth with zelda and decided to use Lucas against it and the only reason I lost the match (which I was winning) was because frigate changed in the middle of my recovery.

3) I can talk all the smack in the world but it doesn't mean anything... so I will just show you:)
1) You sandbag? Lol. You did politely ask me to stop techchasing you with D3, but that is probably just b/c you hate that matchup.

2) That's why I said I don't know between you, Isaac, and Will. I was in a pool with Elev8, Zero Gamer, Ryker, and a Link player I'd never heard of.

3) Ok, then put your game face on and prove that you're in the top 5 of the Auburn crew.

Just curious, if not the 5 that I posted, which 5 would you put in our crew?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Me or Alias?

I haven't played a majority of AU, and the last Birmingham vs South Alabama crew match was

Kola
Slam
Zero
Cheap

vs
Elev8
Billy
Dan
Kismet

and we pretty much got our **** wrecked lol.

But your list seemed pretty solid Cam, and if anyone was to know about who is who over there it would be you

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
It would be
1)Billy
2)Cam
3)M3t
4)Will
5)Alias

And the only reason I feel this is right is because we are actually tournament goers and not just people who go to Auburn, Issac would be in my place if this wasn't the case. Also I think I subconsciously sandbag because Alias that plays in the gameroom and Alias that plays at tournaments are two different people. I also asked you to stop tech chasing because that is all Billy does when he plays me with D3 and I just wanted something different for a change... that is all : )

CrimsonSun

Smash Cadet
Haven't played anyone at AU except M3t and Cam, but that was a while ago especially for M3t. Also if crew matches are doubles oriented I wouldn't want to be on the AU list...I do terrible in doubles. Plus I never really go to tournaments so I really don't know how well I would do. Billy, Cam, and M3t for sure need to be on it from what I have seen.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
It would be
1)Billy
2)Cam
3)M3t
4)Will
5)Alias

And the only reason I feel this is right is because we are actually tournament goers and not just people who go to Auburn, Issac would be in my place if this wasn't the case. Also I think I subconsciously sandbag because Alias that plays in the gameroom and Alias that plays at tournaments are two different people. I also asked you to stop tech chasing because that is all Billy does when he plays me with D3 and I just wanted something different for a change... that is all : )
To be fair to Isaac, I am not really a tournament goer either. The only tournament I've been to in like the last 6 months was That Ain't Falco.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I think we should have the tournament. Whoever places better overall in you area is your crew. It should be a matter of who's playing better at the moment, not who's thinks they are better.

Blood X

Smash Rookie

Psst...I was in that same pool and i knocked you out of it lol

Ed. ok I missed your lastpost thats fair enough since i dont really go to many tournaments

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you guys need to make sure this location works on gps.

i was seriously fed up last time when i got lost for an hour and a half.

all because you guys were scrubs and didnt check **** out about your OWN tournament.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
If you read the first page of the thread it tells you that the gps will not working trying to find Auburn Universities student center. And for our last tournament we gave you the directions, address, and a picture of the hotel..... if you can't input that information into a gps then I'm sorry but you should just MapQuest it.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
The best we can do for this venue is what we put on the first page. Which is give directions to Auburn University, then give you a map of the campus with directions on parking an how to get to the student center. Also, we included a phone # to call us if you have any problems at all.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I think we should have the tournament. Whoever places better overall in you area is your crew. It should be a matter of who's playing better at the moment, not who's thinks they are better.
Sounds good, but what if say......George went and got bracket ***** by having to play Will first round, and Reflex second. xD

I think as long as we have a party leader, and they feel as if a great player should still be on the team, then they should be able to put them on their list.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
If you read the first page of the thread it tells you that the gps will not working trying to find Auburn Universities student center. And for our last tournament we gave you the directions, address, and a picture of the hotel..... if you can't input that information into a gps then I'm sorry but you should just MapQuest it.
no.
do you not understand?
i put it into the gps and it took me to a random place in the middle of hick, nowhere.
it was the wrong address.
i called reflex when i was lost. and he told me the right address
do you still not know that you scrubs put in the wrong address?
really...

and yeah i was pretty pissed as ****
and kind of am not wanting to go to this one because im expecting the same thing now that you didnt even know that...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
o.o yea and it took a while for us to call Reflex because my phone company has a ****ty network lol

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
no.
do you not understand?
i put it into the gps and it took me to a random place in the middle of hick, nowhere.
it was the wrong address.
i called reflex when i was lost. and he told me the right address
do you still not know that you scrubs put in the wrong address?
really...

and yeah i was pretty pissed as ****
and kind of am not wanting to go to this one because im expecting the same thing now that you didnt even know that...
What are you so mad about? Ok, sorry that you got lost, I've done it a million times myself. The Auburn Student center shouldn't be hard to find though. It's right in the center of campus. Look it up if you don't trust their directions.

But hey, don't come if you don't want to. It doesn't make a difference to me.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
1. Its true that the correct address should be on the front (apparently reflex knows, so ask him and put on first post).

2. Slam is over-reacting, the past is the past...as long as #1 is fixed for sure.

3. Your last sentence is a bit ****-ish. I'm so stubborn a person that I wouldn't come if somebody said that to me, I would edit that out...
and saying that to him is also saying that to people have rides w/ slam.

The point he wants to make is "make sure all given directions actually work before posting them"

Which reminds me, B'ham should have regular practice sessions leading up to this tourny.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Ok we are sorry that you got lost and the address on the first page is correct.... will the address work in a gps? Probably not, because Auburn University changes it's street names and the streets are not recognized by the city of Auburn, thus can't be found on a gps. So please if you do get lost call the number on the first page and we will help you get to the venue.

Also I have gotten lost trying to go to a B'ham tourney myself and I know it's not a fun experience, but that does not give you the right to call any of us scrubs, so please stop being angry and just be ready to brawl : )

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I'm not going to edit it out, Cheap. I hope everyone that wants to come can get a ride, but if Slam doesn't want to come just because he got lost once, then he doesn't have to come. Heck, I could have said worse things considering he is calling my friends that I hang out with everyday scrubs and being an overall ****. The Auburn folks are working really hard to set up a good tournament and it's not nice to diss them.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you still dont get it alias.
the adress on the front page of your last tournament WAS NOT correct.
THIS WAS NOT A MISTAKE MADE BY ME

and also tourneys at universities are easy to find so yeah. the past is the past. and what cheap said is all im trying to reinforce.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Cheap I think we're practicing this weekend and MLG weekend at Jason's apt. And if Jason ends up not going to the tourney on the 10th I guess we'll be practicing then too.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If ride plans stay set, our carpool will have at least one TV and possibly 2 wiis/melees/brawls

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Heck, I could have said worse things considering he is calling my friends that I hang out with everyday scrubs and being an overall ****. The Auburn folks are working really hard to set up a good tournament and it's not nice to diss them.
True, he shouldn't have said that, but just because he was being ****-ish doesn't mean you have to. And yes, I'm thankful that they are putting in a lot of effort to setting up a tournament.
Slam just went about fixing it the wrong way, he should have said "please make sure all of the directions are accurate this time" rather than saying "i got lost last time because of ****ty directions on the main page, somebody fix that ****"
/summary

This argument really is useless anyways, just make sure the directions are accurate (somebody) and lets move on.

And I will bring a set-up if my wii works consistently by then.

And I'm up for smash any time, kola/zero/slam or auburn people for wifi.

Top Bottom