• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
My skype is jesusandfriends1

Also an IM group sounds better because I use an old ipod touch without a camera or a mic. It will also leave the computer open for someone else to use.

And besides, sneaking this around at night will be a breeze.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Col. Stauffenberd was one of the highest ranking members of the German resistance party and lead an unsuccessful assassination attempt on Hitler.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
... Alright, I guess I found my comparison.

Saying Titanic II is a cruise ship is like saying Col. Stauffenberg was a Nazi. Sure for the sake of convenience you might find Stauffenberg on a website about Nazi party members, but the fact is he wasn't and shouldn't be confused as such.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Well some topics have their days.

For skype, is there going to be a set date on when to go on, or is it just on any day any time?

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
IDK about you guys, but I'm actually pretty scared of this incident with North Korea.

Browny

Smash Hater
DW, NK's furthest missile launch ever barely got 1/4 the distance it takes to hit US mainlaind, and was basically unguided. They need to upgrade their command centre at least another 2 tiers before they can unlock increased range upgrade and they cant afford either of them anyway.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
DW, NK's furthest missile launch ever barely got 1/4 the distance it takes to hit US mainlaind, and was basically unguided. They need to upgrade their command centre at least another 2 tiers before they can unlock increased range upgrade and they cant afford either of them anyway.
Doesn't matter if NK hits the US (well it does), what I'm worried about is the US responding back with nuclear weapons, thus causing other countries (Russia I think) to also respond w/ nuclear weapons to the US, and ultimately causing a nuclear war, and then the world gets blown up.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Given that the fallout from any nuclear strike potentially affects people in adjacent nations or further, and the implicit agreement any country with a semblance of rationality has not to use them because of it, I really doubt this is any more than political posturing, as they would have the majority of the world against their ass if they actually fired one.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
So North Korea has resources for two days of all out war and probably has two meal's worth of rice.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Doesn't matter if NK hits the US (well it does), what I'm worried about is the US responding back with nuclear weapons, thus causing other countries (Russia I think) to also respond w/ nuclear weapons to the US, and ultimately causing a nuclear war, and then the world gets blown up.
Russia has been our ally ever since the collapse of the Soviet Union. On the issue of North Korea, even China has stated that they wouldn't back up North Korea if they declared war on the US.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Japan was a very extreme case through. The Japanese emperor would've forced every able bodies person to fight in the war if it was needed.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
The Japanese empire was going to come to an end anyway. It's just that the US wanted to speed up the process. I doubt that the emperor would sent EVERY able bodied person, because he is the emperor, and he cared for his people.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
The Japanese empire was going to come to an end anyway. It's just that the US wanted to speed up the process. I doubt that the emperor would sent EVERY able bodied person, because he is the emperor, and he cared for his people.
Take a look at how Kamikaze was working. There were pilots who would get a few days or less of training, and then would take off in planes with 0 weapons. They were viewing people as ammunition at that point.

Browny

Smash Hater
Nah, Russia's a bro.

Who needs nukes anyway. MOAB's are cool. Nukes were never anything more than a threatening weapon, too unweildly to honestly use in modern wars.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
NK is probably the one country involved in this mess that doesn't care about the complexities of nuclear, chemical and biological warfare.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Russia has been our ally ever since the collapse of the Soviet Union. On the issue of North Korea, even China has stated that they wouldn't back up North Korea if they declared war on the US.
Well yeah, you generally don't want to kill the guys who literally owe you more than a trillion dollars.

@auto: I'm sure they care about making a mortal enemy of most other countries in the world, though.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
So far the way that I have been playing this game was through wifi and when I play offline or have a perfect signal, I end up doing poorly. I cant go against the CPU because I heard that that makes you worse. Any suggestions?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
^^^
Better hit up your local smash scene more then.
Wifi can be just as bad as fighting computers if you let yourself fall into using tactics that only work under button delay.

Browny

Smash Hater
Said no 4DHD/4lly ever.

Sorry but any practice vs humans is good practice. All button delay on wifi will teach you is to predict better, as oppose to react.

I always say as long as you are doing wifi vs GOOD players, people who play offline and know what theyre are doing, its perfectly fine. The issue is when you play against people who only play wifi and play like idiots on top of that, spamming wolfs smashes for example.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Said no 4DHD/4lly ever.

Sorry but any practice vs humans is good practice. All button delay on wifi will teach you is to predict better, as oppose to react.
Ahh I think that might be the problem though. He might not be developing his reaction skills enough. I played a few matches with him yesterday, so just a hunch. But yea, I agree that as a long as you're fighting good people it's still good.

Just not like.

Wifi-ish players.

Worst are wifi MK's that just do whatever.
AIB is crawling with em.

I forget MK ain't banned in other states from time to time. =p

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Bats are asleep during the day.
Many top players use their secondaries in the early stages of a tournament.
Brawl grand finals are generally played at night.

Holy **** guys.

tekkie

Smash Master
Wifi taught me that using solely the face of the controller can be a valid method of playing Smash.
hold a shield button and roll the analog stick around for a while. then when you think youve given them the slip roll the cstick around. repeat until you get on your local PR

Top Bottom