• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Walking Dead is pretty goddamn amazing. Easily one of my all time favorite shows (right behind Breaking Bad). New season starts and I'm scratching my head like "Where the **** did they get silenced weapons? Wtf kind of person has an arsenal complete with silenced weapons, and leaves them behind when escaping the zombie apocalypse? You can't just explain this bs with 'oh, they found those?' WTF!?" It is starting to get crazy. I just hope it won't turn into "crazy stupid", like having zombies in full riot gear... oh wait. Plz don't turn the show into a video game. They have these things called "video games" for that ****.

Never read the comics, but I prefer it that way for now. No false hopes or expectations based on previous knowledge.
You're a bit too late. There's already been a video-game made for it.

It's barely a game. It's like character relations simulator. You make a bunch of choices and deal with the consequences. Everything else is just pressing x to live or getting the two halves of the battery.

Ironically, for how negative that sounds i'm waiting for episode 3. Maybe I just want to see how my brother's choices turned out. I dunno.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Episode 3 and 4 are out. Let me tell you **** goes bananas. Great game. Also they're making a first person shooter staring Merle and Daryl, I don't know how that's gonna turn out.

:phone:

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Why do you get them so late? Are they stricter censorship laws in austrailia? You'd think because we're both English speaking countries there would only be a few days in-between releases at max....weird.... Hey, now wait a second. Do they redub all the voice acting so that everybody has an aussie accent? Ill be super pissed if they do... Means I wasted my money on an inferior product...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't think it's fair to dismiss pm like that just because its a mod. Then again, maybe you mean to say that because its not official it won't get exposure, idk. I personally believe that the pmbr is busting their *** and it comes through in pm. I freaking love that game. Remember that counterstrike was just a half-life mod and it went on to be the most played competitive shooter for like a decade. I doubt that nintendo will support pm by spreading word, but there are other sites doing that.

I'm not dismissing it for being a hack, though I personally hate hacks and what directions PM went.

It's more so you can't make profit off it or Nintendo will have a problem with it then. That heavily limits it. If MLG would pick us up again/other people, they wouldn't because of PM.

As a grassroots community, sure let people play it, but I'm telling ya there is a sort of limit to how far it can go where as the normal versions of the game are perfectly fine.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
I think you can mathematically caluculate the likelihood of mlg endorsing pm just on how many people play it. The fact that it's a mod wouldn't stop them if there was enough people playing. I mean, I don't think everyone doubts melee is a better competitive game in the eyes of a TO. What I mean by that is there are less gamebreaking exploits, and less rules to enforce. Melee in a lot of ways is a better competitive game then brawl but that hardly matters when nobody is playing that game. It just comes back to $$$$$ at the end of the day.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Any calculations you're going to make to find the likelihood of MLG picking up P:M, or any other modded game, be sure to multiply the end result by 0. As a business MLG is going to avoid anything that could possibly land them in legal trouble, especially with a company as big as Nintendo.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to the American legal system, but I think because pm is legal and doesn't require any hardware adjustments nintendo wouldn't be able to pursue any legal action.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I played PM for a bit when there was a ton of hype going around for it. I couldn't really get used to it and returned to Brawl shortly after.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
MLG won't pick up P:M

Don't fool yourself.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
You seem to think it makes a difference to me if mlg supports pm or not. I don't really care, but it seems you do. Your reply seems hella bitter. I'd guess you really want pm to fail.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You're a bit too late. There's already been a video-game made for it.

It's barely a game. It's like character relations simulator. You make a bunch of choices and deal with the consequences. Everything else is just pressing x to live or getting the two halves of the battery.

Ironically, for how negative that sounds i'm waiting for episode 3. Maybe I just want to see how my brother's choices turned out. I dunno.
My concern is not that they made a video game based on the show.

My concern is that they are now basing the show, on video games. Zombies in full riot gear + people going around killing zombies with machetes and katanas? That **** just screams "we saw this in a video game and thought nerds would love it". I know Mishonne (or however you spell it) used a katana in the comic and everything, but that doesn't make it less over the top. It just feels silly.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
That stuff was actually taken from the comics. It is weird to see how it was implemented in live action. It's pretty baller that she run around gensu-ing zombies with a hanzo sword but it's also very unrealistic.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not bitter, just being realistic.

Sponsoring a MOD of a game they already dropped, which is based off another game, which they already sponsored years ago...

It should be obvious that it won't happen, especially when a new game is already announced.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
My concern is that they are now basing the show, on video games. Zombies in full riot gear + people going around killing zombies with machetes and katanas? That **** just screams "we saw this in a video game and thought nerds would love it". I know Mishonne (or however you spell it) used a katana in the comic and everything, but that doesn't make it less over the top. It just feels silly.
L4D2 laughs in your general direction.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Outbreak starts in the prison.

Prisoners freak out.

Bust out the riot gear.

Guards get scratched/bitten/die.

RIOT GEAR ZOMBIES OH NO!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Zombie mimes.

What the...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I want to believe zombies are immune to invisible walls.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
My concern is not that they made a video game based on the show.

True enough. And there are enough things that appeal to nerds currently (Thinking the billions of references in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, etc).

Why do you make me think of Firefly, PJ-B? Lemme check your signature...

EDIT: Oh nvm, that was someone else who has the lyrics for that in their sig.

... now who was that?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
How does one create a real zombie?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But will he crave human flesh afterwards?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
True enough. And there are enough things that appeal to nerds currently (Thinking the billions of references in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, etc).

Why do you make me think of Firefly, PJ-B? Lemme check your signature...

EDIT: Oh nvm, that was someone else who has the lyrics for that in their sig.

... now who was that?
For awhile I had a Nathan Fillion avatar, so that could maybe be why you thought Firefly?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
****in seriously!

We know how to make zombies now, brother. Were just like, one nuclear bath salt bomb away from a zombie apocalypse.

I dunno. If the world were to be over ran by something, i'd be pretty cool with zombies. Because there like, really slow durable punching bags, so we could stand a chance. It'd be a fun weekend of the world atleast. :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
****in seriously!

We know how to make zombies now, brother. Were just like, one nuclear bath salt bomb away from a zombie apocalypse.

I dunno. If the world were to be over ran by something, i'd be pretty cool with zombies. Because there like, really slow durable punching bags, so we could stand a chance. It'd be a fun weekend of the world atleast. :D
It's also a well known fact that zombies can't swim. Secure airlines and the 'apocalypse' is contained. :D

jerry04

Smash Rookie
I wonder if either zombies actually see people or just smell their blood, like a shark would. Knowing this would probably increase the chances of survival in any zombie infestation.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think it's a combination of both, seeing as some zombies obviously don't have eyes, or heads for that matter. Why would anyone be scared of a headless zombie? It's not like they can eat you or anything, worst thing is trying to scratch you and by that time they'll have probably decomposed enough for their nails to fall off anyway.

I guess they can just 'sense' you though. I wonder what it would take to kill your standard zombie. We have silver bullets for ware-wolves and wooden stakes for vampires, what's the stock standard for zombies? Shooting their heads off? Oblivion disagrees, some zombie movies do as well, wonder if that has credit to it or not.

Huh.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fire. And lots of it.

Top Bottom