• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I wonder if custom move sets can affect lucario like how its aura will be in the beginning.

It could be weak in the beginning and then end up getting stronger like brawl

But for the custom it could be more powerful in the beginning, but stay at a relatively same strength, not reaching the potential of the original version. Only downside I see to this is that it kills the whole "lucario aura" thing its known for.

BTW the thread title fits that upb sd

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
Anyone see the hit box on extreme speed and the increased range and speed on forcepalm? Hypeing pretty hard right now.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
The range of forcepalm scales with aura apparently. Notice the blast is much smaller then when used by mega cario.

Also Isabell is precious.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
When did they show a hitbox?
The vid had him use it during Mega form, and it did have some sort of hitbox (combo'd into FP with it). Keep in mind that the Mega form always has max Aura, or it may be just a special property for Mega form only. It remains to be seen.

I hope the Mega form for Charizard and Lucario are their Final Smashes, but somehow I doubt it...

Last edited:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I think it might have been implied that once Lucario's Aura caps, he will automatically turn into his mega form. I'm not absolutely certain about that, though. I mean, the transformation itself could only take a couple of frames and not make a difference at all, but I don't really see what the point would be.
Aside from this, though, I actually hope the mega evolution is a final smash, too. I would much prefer it that way.

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
I'm really confused as to what it is I want to say its a FS but during the video the everyones FS was labelled as so while lucarios was just stated as mega evolution, so I'm going to say he has a addon to his aura mechanic probably as a one use last ditch resistance.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It might be condition based or some other hidden trigger. Sakurai needs to share his secrets...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, there are a lot of people still upset.

Funny part is that he could still be a hidden character.

I would be more amused if he does return and is still trash. Like...this is what you wanted.

Gune

Smash Lord
Honestly people are making it seem like every pokemon that's not Mewtwo is a dissapointment it gets kinda annoying.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
People are just being silly.

Smash can be seen as sort of snapshot of relative Nintendo characters at the time the game was made, unless it is an obvious retro or oddball character.

Greninja and Charizard were revealed at the same time, probably to show off the dichotomy between the two. One is a slow, giant fire-breathing dragon from first game, the other is a fast, sleek water frog from the newest game in the series. Greninja is also pretty popular competitively as well...who knows, maybe it's Sakurai's new favorite Pokemon. And it is his game so...the tears and angst will only feed his ability to remain forever young.

Last edited:
People are just being silly.

Smash can be seen as sort of snapshot of relative Nintendo characters at the time the game was made, unless it is an obvious retro or oddball character.

Greninja and Charizard were revealed at the same time, probably to show off the dichotomy between the two. One is a slow, giant fire-breathing dragon from first game, the other is a fast, sleek water frog from the newest game in the series. Greninja is also pretty popular competitively as well...who knows, maybe it's Sakurai's new favorite Pokemon. And it is his game so...the tears and angst will only feed his ability to remain forever young.
I think you mean relevant :bee: But yeah I see what you mean, I actually had not thought of it that way (the dichotomy). It makes sense.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So who is going to actually get the 3DS version? I plan on taking a much needed vacation from work to get it, assuming it releases on Friday. I doubt stores will do a midnight release, and downloading the digital version will probably be hell-on-earth mode with all the error codes...

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
oh I'm definitely getting the 3ds version portable smash has been my dream since the GBA days, I am also getting the wiiu version though I need to buy a wiiu first...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If the game comes out around Black Friday Sales, you might as well wait for that. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of planned bundle that will include the Wii U Pro Controller...

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
So who is going to actually get the 3DS version? I plan on taking a much needed vacation from work to get it, assuming it releases on Friday. I doubt stores will do a midnight release, and downloading the digital version will probably be hell-on-earth mode with all the error codes...
Yo, we in there.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I just got a 3DS right now, so count me in!

I ended up getting a new XL version. None of that regular or used 3ds stuff. I have standards.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably the smartest choice.

What's your friend code?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mine is 4038-6677-8162

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh no, I don't want to lose my dollar...

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
^ Agreed

Edit: Btw guys I did happen to win 1st place at a local brawl tourney using Lucario at least once..

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh Mewtwo...

You're so bad.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Mewtwo weighs like 300 pounds and is lean as ****. Why doesn't he just beat up Greninja for his spot in the game?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Greeninja has a chance as long as mewtwo isn't timi, which I don't think melee mewtwo is considering how slow he was.

Top Bottom