• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It looks Lucario is receiving straight up upgrades. It'd be hilarious if Force Palm ends up as an aerial command grab.

Too bad Double Team will probably still be relatively useless.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Imagine Lucario becoming so upgraded that the saying that everyone would use to describe him would be "If you lose the first stock against Lucario, then you've lost."

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, that's when you call the other person bad.

Unless Lucario ends up being top tier.

Then you call them bad for losing to a gimmick.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Wait, what do you mean? If your opponent loses the first stock, then they're at a disadvantage because Lucario has Aura at higher percents, right? You have the opportunity to put on more damage than normal until you lose your first stock as well, and then you'll theoretically have a drastic lead.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've lost my train of thought, here is .gif as a distraction.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wait, what do you mean? If your opponent loses the first stock, then they're at a disadvantage because Lucario has Aura at higher percents, right? You have the opportunity to put on more damage than normal until you lose your first stock as well, and then you'll theoretically have a drastic lead.
I think what he means is "If Lucario loses the first stock it's an uphill battle for him."
Which is kinda true in some match ups. But it works the way you said it as well. I love the Falco match up specific because he can wrack up damage forever, but has to get a read to kill, so you end up getting like, 3 hits at high percent at taking a stock. :T

I hope lucario's better in the next game, but still plays the same, sense, not many people understand how the **** to play him. We'll basically have a head start for sticking to him this game.
We shall rise as gods of top tier in the years to come!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I think what he means is "If Lucario loses the first stock it's an uphill battle for him."
Which is kinda true in some match ups. But it works the way you said it as well. I love the Falco match up specific because he can wrack up damage forever, but has to get a read to kill, so you end up getting like, 3 hits at high percent at taking a stock. :T

I hope lucario's better in the next game, but still plays the same, sense, not many people understand how the **** to play him. We'll basically have a head start for sticking to him this game.
We shall rise as gods of top tier in the years to come!
Wait, I'm a bit confused here. xP Yes, if Lucario loses the first stock, it's an uphill battle for him. That's true in most cases. But what I was saying was that after you take a stock off your opponent as Lucario, then you're going to have some damage on you. Then, on your opponent's next stock, you have more power because of Aura. Therefore, you can rack up as much damage as possible on your opponent before you lose your first stock as well because of that additional power. Then, when both you and your opponent have two stocks, you'll have a good lead. Is this not true?

And yes, we will be gods of top tier! We'll be the only people who actually know anything about him... Muhahah~

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wait, I'm a bit confused here. xP Yes, if Lucario loses the first stock, it's an uphill battle for him. That's true in most cases. But what I was saying was that after you take a stock off your opponent as Lucario, then you're going to have some damage on you. Then, on your opponent's next stock, you have more power because of Aura. Therefore, you can rack up as much damage as possible on your opponent before you lose your first stock as well because of that additional power. Then, when both you and your opponent have two stocks, you'll have a good lead. Is this not true?
Which is kinda true in some match ups. But it works the way you said it as well.
Yiss.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Oh, okay, I just didn't understand who you were talking about. xP I get it now.

By the way, I'm just loving the new thread title~

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Oh hey there, I was one of them (the 1st one). Was fun playing you!

Also, Lucario's buffed recovery o.O. Is this real life?
ditto man
game 2 THAT LAST STOCK OMG HAHA
who did you lose to 1st?
and do you remember the other lucario main by chance?

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Is kay~ <3

Sad. but ever sense the announcement of smash 4 I just totally don't care to train at brawl anymore. Lol.
Really? I think of it in the opposite sense, lol. I figured that since Smash 4 will be coming out, then I need to really get myself into the Smash mood before I get it. >:3

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ha, it's just because I tend to get 4th at my locals, despite not training. Feels like the only thing I really need to work on to get better are match up specific things, and those are gonna change once smash 4 comes out. also i'm lazy

No worries, the hype once the new games out.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Well, aren't you the talented one? xP
We need to Brawl soon! Unfortunately, however, I can't at the moment. D:

Speaking of Smash 4, though, I definitely feel like I'll keep Lucario as one of my mains, but I really want to try something different and focus more on a newcomer.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ehhh, i'm nuttin special~
Pretty much every Lucario on these boards that have stuck with him for a few years are pretty talented. Thanks though. =p

Mmmm and yea~
Imma totally pick up wii fit trainer, and Lucario.
And form TEAM FITNESS!

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
ditto man
game 2 THAT LAST STOCK OMG HAHA
who did you lose to 1st?
and do you remember the other lucario main by chance?
Lmao that fsmash.
I lost to Oblivion 1st (Snake player). Also the other Lucario's tag in our pool was Jihad (not sure who he is on these boards).

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
At the very least, they had better reduce the startup time. A hitbox or invincibility would be great, and we all want it, but I feel like Sakurai knows that Lucario is going to be very powerful in this game, and therefore, the "no hitbox" would be more of a balancing factor. Of course, he did say that he was going to try to balance every character by making them all strong rather than weakening anything, so I can't be sure.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was under the assumption that ExtremeSpeed would have a guaranteed base distance similar what was in Brawl and then a distance bonus based on Aura. This would make the most sense.

It would also behave the same. Would be nice to know if wallclinging still existed, but I assume that hasn't been determined yet.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Wallclinging shouldn't go anywhere it wasn't a problem or anything.

So what about giving Lucario a spike? Sakurai was looking into giving one to Link, so why not Lucario?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Lmao that fsmash.
I lost to Oblivion 1st (Snake player). Also the other Lucario's tag in our pool was Jihad (not sure who he is on these boards).
ouch snake is not an easy matchup i would assume
thanks for the info but...
We have to play again we are like even in skill and our matches back it up it was soo fun
game 3 i guess you started getting impatient against TL
any future tournament plans?

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
ouch snake is not an easy matchup i would assume
thanks for the info but...
We have to play again we are like even in skill and our matches back it up it was soo fun
game 3 i guess you started getting impatient against TL
any future tournament plans?
Yea...Snake is iffy for Lucario, I was playing too recklessly that set.
That's also very true, I'd very much like to play you again haha. Game 3 I started to kinda fall under your game plan which resulted in a gigantic deficit lol.
As for future tournament plans, I plan on coming to big nationals (SKTAR, Apex), since I want to see how much better I've gotten and I really enjoy the tourney scene (I also live in Canada, so I can't travel to the states that often). I'm also really looking forward to smash 4, and will definitely travel for that game as well.
What about you?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Yea...Snake is iffy for Lucario, I was playing too recklessly that set.
That's also very true, I'd very much like to play you again haha. Game 3 I started to kinda fall under your game plan which resulted in a gigantic deficit lol.
As for future tournament plans, I plan on coming to big nationals (SKTAR, Apex), since I want to see how much better I've gotten and I really enjoy the tourney scene (I also live in Canada, so I can't travel to the states that often). I'm also really looking forward to smash 4, and will definitely travel for that game as well.
What about you?
well right now i want to go to at least 2 big tourneys this year but idk which ones
im in utah so any big west coast tourneys would be best
if Genesis 3 would get announced i would be on that so fast

tekkie

Smash Master
apex was disappointing, so Genesis and i guess maybe SKTAR are the only nationals left looking to.

Genesis 2 was great so a revival would be fantastic

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
apex was disappointing, so Genesis and i guess maybe SKTAR are the only nationals left looking to.

Genesis 2 was great so a revival would be fantastic
HEY YOU TEKKIE

I HAD FUN PLAYING YOU IN POOLS

#LUIGI UP B COMEBACKS

AND CAPS FOR NO APPARENT REASON, WHAT'S UP LUCA BOARDS ?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So apparently there might be an MLG-sponsored Brawl event in May (Whobo 6).

Assuming it does happen, you should go. Hang out with Trela and myself.

Of course assuming it happens.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
So apparently there might be an MLG-sponsored Brawl event in May (Whobo 6).

Assuming it does happen, you should go. Hang out with Trela and myself.

Of course assuming it happens.
Keep me posted, I actually will have the money for it this year.

Top Bottom