• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'l probably be on later tonight.

I'll leave the gate open.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So.
Ya'll know how I got 3rd last tourney?
Pretty good confidence boost.

Mmkay well.
Just went to another tourney.
Kansas came over.
They ****ed us. Haaaaard. The won everyyyythiiiiing.
Delux absolutely destroyed me in brackets. Man.

The matches afterwards were fun though, if your namesearching this though Delux. <3 Ahhh I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out against IC's.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
This guy ***** me hard last time I played him, though it was a while ago.

Though it doesn't help I have little to no good Ice Climbers experiance.

Shame I wanna go to his tournament in a few weeks but I think it is my weekend to work :/
Yea, dude absolutely destroyed me too. The gap in skill is incredible.
He did let me ask a few a questions though and I learned something really interesting.

Our d-air against ice climbers is not ****ing safe, at all on shield. Even when perfectly spaced, we can get grabbed out of it.
Nana is too blame for this. Even if you were to perfectly space a d-air against the iceclimbers shield and jump away, if the IC player drops there shield after blocking, Nana ends up getting footstooled. The footstooling animation lowers are hurtbox just down enough for popo to grab us. **** Nana yo. :I This doesn't happen ALL the time, but it happened about 2/3rds of the times we tried it.

Are only other option is to fall down with another d-air or n-air, which, is also unsafe.

Please note that my d-airs were "perfectly" spaced btw. We tested this by dropping off one of Battlefield's platforms and d-airing instantly. Only way I can think of avoiding footstooling nana after the d-air is by d-airing to the very side of the Ice climbers, so you don't end up jumping off her head. I'll need to experiment with this more...

So yea.
~The more you know~

Browny

Smash Hater
Dunno about you guys but if someone wants to play IC's vs me I just walk away.

IC mains arent even worth eye contact IMO. If I'm gonna lose, so be it. Save my mental energy for players who are worth trying against.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sounds like a reason to take a personal day imo :p
I'll see if I can.

~

As for Ice Cllimbers, thought I knew the MU, played Delux, realized I didn't.

Dair is safe from a grab, save your double jump. OoS punishes? Yeah but he can grab you OoS if you have your double jump. That or you footstool them.

Them being two people kinda ****ing up somethings I thought were ok that is true.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I wonder how Namco will handle ice climbers in the next game, balance wise?

They just seem like a character that will no matter what be pretty broken.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I hope they don't return to smash 4 as well

And RR, if you read what SS and I tested, even if you perfectly space Dair, if you DJ away depending on what kind of spacing the ICs had from each other in terms of synced separation, there's a strong probability you're going to get grabbed if you DJ away because there's an incidental footstool that puts Lucario in grab range. I've suspected this was the case when I was doing some testing, and having SS spam it more or less confirmed my suspicion.

Not to pull the lazy card, but if I were extremely worried about playing a Lucario, I'd frame by frame it. However the number of times SS and I tried it and it resulted in that grounded footstool to grab was pretty convincing.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I hope they don't return to smash 4 as well

And RR, if you read what SS and I tested, even if you perfectly space Dair, if you DJ away depending on what kind of spacing the ICs had from each other in terms of synced separation, there's a strong probability you're going to get grabbed if you DJ away because there's an incidental footstool that puts Lucario in grab range. I've suspected this was the case when I was doing some testing, and having SS spam it more or less confirmed my suspicion.

Not to pull the lazy card, but if I were extremely worried about playing a Lucario, I'd frame by frame it. However the number of times SS and I tried it and it resulted in that grounded footstool to grab was pretty convincing.
Never seen that.

Weird he could get grabbed off that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
All my villagers love me and buy all my crap I put on sale at flea market.

But it's only a matter of time before I kick one of them from my town....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
My town is best town.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I feel like kicking Silvia out of town. Something about purple kangaroos just doesn't sit well with me.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The fact his phrase is honk honk makes it worse.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
One of my villagers sold me a painting, and it was real.

Alex confirmed for hated mayor.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*get two Majora's Mask in one day*

I am now Majora.

Top Bottom