• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

hough123

Smash Ace
I like this thread, but we're putting all of out activity into it.

No work is getting done on ANYTHING. Several of my non-chat posts get ignored because of this thread. We need something to do that relates to Lucario's metagame/Brawl. The guide is in the hands of a VERY busy person, and they can't freely edit it. I'd continue to complain, but I won't out of sheer sleepiness.

Only read the below if you want to hear me advertise XD
Also, I'd expect at least one PM from my sig. I guess that you guys are just too smart for me or see with aura or something. Not to advertise, but you guys are ignoring a free game a month with this website =P
This is the last time I post about this, so don't worry. I only did this because I woke up early and did my usual dailies crap, which this was a part of.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lucario boards have always been this way, if anything, I've seen it go on hiatus for weeks when the social thread wasn't there <_<;

But what you gotta do is take what you want to like a collaborative group, like revamp group/BR, then tell them you don't want it to die, and get them to discuss. Part of the reason I made the tactical interview threads was because it didn't require too much on the board's part, besides getting questions from them.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Candy corn is meh.

Chocolate is top tier.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Lucario boards have always been this way, if anything, I've seen it go on hiatus for weeks when the social thread wasn't there <_<;

Yeah, we do that, lol. Periodic laziness. Not a good thing :mad:.

My best texture I've gotten thus far:
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j210/Tennet77/al_091004_13021binout.jpg
Billy Mays Ganondorf ftw.
OMG there was a guy at my local tournies who has that texture and this other guy started obsessing about it. He played Billy Mays in a tournament match against a Metaknight main and actually beat him once out of three rounds. o_o

He was all like "BILLY MAYS HERE WITH ANOTHER FANTASTIC PRODUCT! BILLY MAYS HERE SHOWING YOU HOW TO THUNDERSTOMP A *****!"

It was hilarious.

Hey, you guys, I think you can still ToT today. Afterall, it IS Halloween. :D

EDIT*
These events might have been the coolest thing to happen to the Lucario socia thread.

Good work Starturds.
Aw yeah. Thanks phi1.

Also, I feel sorta guilty that these social games are stealing you guys away from the metagame. We'll prolly organize the next one after a while.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I like this thread, but we're putting all of out activity into it.

No work is getting done on ANYTHING. Several of my non-chat posts get ignored because of this thread. We need something to do that relates to Lucario's metagame/Brawl. The guide is in the hands of a VERY busy person, and they can't freely edit it. I'd continue to complain, but I won't out of sheer sleepiness.
It's the lucario boards, all community and some work. It's like a office that has a 3 day long nerf gun war once a week.

As for getting people to help with metagame/Brawl, what is able to talk about is kinda stretched in terms of context. Not everyone has something to say, or can say something that actually helps.

Getting people to actually do something is hard. But there are ways to do it. Like asking questions. Ask a question, get an answer. The better the questions the better and more engaging the conversation. Like for example:
"In terms of metagame, where do you believe lucario stands?"
or
"Who on the higher tier list do you think Lucario has an advantage on/should replace?"

Personally I believe that *trds has brought back a good thing, and with past history, the community will blossom again. Soon people will fill the gaps, post more videos, bring more input.

Plus its Halloween.

-Scareward

hough123

Smash Ace
It's the lucario boards, all community and some work. It's like a office that has a 3 day long nerf gun war once a week.

As for getting people to help with metagame/Brawl, what is able to talk about is kinda stretched in terms of context. Not everyone has something to say, or can say something that actually helps.

Getting people to actually do something is hard. But there are ways to do it. Like asking questions. Ask a question, get an answer. The better the questions the better and more engaging the conversation. Like for example:
"In terms of metagame, where do you believe lucario stands?"
or
"Who on the higher tier list do you think Lucario has an advantage on/should replace?"

Personally I believe that *trds has brought back a good thing, and with past history, the community will blossom again. Soon people will fill the gaps, post more videos, bring more input.

Plus its Halloween.

-Scareward
Thank you for this, I love the analogy.

I've been thinking of a good question for a while, but have neglected asking it. I'll do that right now to promote discussion.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Plus I've been trying hard to get more "procarios" to contribute. There was a period where the theorycrafting was rampant and stopped a lot of good/rising lucarios from wanting to do anything on the boards, let alone help. I've been working to erase that image, and give the boards a mentality that fosters those that compete to put lucario in the charts, the ones that in my opinion truly matter. This in turn helps encourage those that haven't really been active in tournaments yet (including me, and I'm starting to get back into the swing of it). This in turn will improve the productivity and power of each member's input, as they will know what they are talking about from getting into the scene. Luckily, people have been returning, but I'm still working on bringing a lot of other pros to give the boards a second shot.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
It's incredible: bending a metal paper clip back and forth until it breaks is the same property of metal that rips jetliners out of the sky, killing everyone on board!

It's called metal fatigue.

Isn't SCIENCE! fun?

hough123

Smash Ace
Guys, let me show you a little something:
Too tired to make full changes, so here is the quicklist, for now.

S: Meta Knight, Snake
A: Marth, Diddy Kong
B: Falco, Ice Climbers, Wario, King Dedede, Lucario
C: Olimar, Toon Link, ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Link
D: Wolf, Pokémon Trainer, Ike, Luigi, Sonic, Peach
E: Yoshi, Zelda/Sheik, Ness, Ganondorf, Fox, Lucas, Mario, Samus, Bowser
U: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon
No big deal, right? Let's just view that again:
Too tired to make full changes, so here is the quicklist, for now.

S: Meta Knight, Snake
A: Marth, Diddy Kong
B: Falco, Ice Climbers, Wario, King Dedede, Lucario
C: Olimar, Toon Link, ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Link
D: Wolf, Pokémon Trainer, Ike, Luigi, Sonic, Peach
E: Yoshi, Zelda/Sheik, Ness, Ganondorf, Fox, Lucas, Mario, Samus, Bowser
U: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon
Lucario is number nine, his original tier list position. While this is not that big a deal because the list changes so often; it's still nice to see where we've gotten ourselves.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
What Pokemon is in Phils avatar? I don't know why but not knowing it is really starting to bother me. I think it starts with S. :)

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
its that steel birdy thingy...

i forgot his name too. i just remember that it uses steel wing..

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Aurasmash why didn't you get any candy? And I also have a funny story:

F1ZZ got 1.5 bags of candy
Pause (F1ZZ's brother) got 5.5 bags of candy

:mad:

Top Bottom