• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: Silent Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Have you got that laser thing down yet? Or the laser weaving? There are no videos of it online from like..anyone and I wanted to show a friend what I was talking about because I don't have my GC at the moment and apparently no one understands what I am talking about when I try and explain it lol.

You said you were going to try it just for fun right? XD. I figure if anyone could get a video of it online it would be you >_>..But if anyone else can it would be cool...I'm tired of explaining it to people and I want to just be able to give them a vid heh >_>...

If not...oh well. :(. I will have to hunt down my friend with recording equipment.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's hard to explain lol. Thats why I want a video >_>...I showed it to M2K/DaShizWiz/Silent Wolf(or his crewmate..can't remember) at FC...None of them could do it perfectly...Though M2K said he could if he practiced it lol.

Anyways, I'm talking about doing a SHDL while moving backwards, but not turning around.

And the weaving is DIing back and fourth while landing in one spot while lasering >_>...Showd that to a few people but it's hard to explain how to do..

Oskurito

Smash Lord
It's hard to explain lol. Thats why I want a video >_>...I showed it to M2K/DaShizWiz/Silent Wolf(or his crewmate..can't remember) at FC...None of them could do it perfectly...Though M2K said he could if he practiced it lol.

Anyways, I'm talking about doing a SHDL while moving backwards, but not turning around.

And the weaving is DIing back and fourth while landing in one spot while lasering >_>...Showd that to a few people but it's hard to explain how to do..
I think I get it, is it like this?

shdl>DI backwards>shdl>DI forward and keep doing it? what else?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Just that?? I'll do more sick stuff but sadly I haven't got material for recording. But maybe if you beg me I can go to Nova's and record the **** you want me to do

j00t

Smash Champion
If Oskurito described it right (And that's a BIG if), then that isn't hard at all. Nobody should have trouble with that if Oskurito described it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol, it's not easy at all...if 3 of the most technical fox's in the world couldn't do it well then how could it be easy? Especially to get full length.

But yeah Oskurito...that would be awesome if you could record it and the weaving... >_>...

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
That is a really newer idea, but I have seen it look on you tube for JAVI's fox I think he is in mexico. He does the dshl weaving where you just double laser and DI backwards so you gradually move away from them..... our crew just called them drifting dshl's

Also they are hard as hell :D

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
They are not really that well known..I've been doing this for years but just this year I noticed I was the ONLY fox doing it like that lol. I didn't even know I was doing something different until I noticed no one else moved while lasering without dashing first.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
I can do that, and so can my friend (obviously not to full length) but the only reason is coz when we started to learn the game, that it was the only way to reverse laser lol so all the begining i spent learning it like that lol as for the wobbling thing, **** that lol never tried it! but i'll give it a shot!

j00t

Smash Champion
Sigh, this is easy stuff. Especially since no one can explain it. :p

If it's just DIing during your SHDL w/o turning around, then people are amazed easily.

j00t

Smash Champion
there was another thread similar to this.I think I can be done easier with falco.
....Uhm, you're forgetting the fact that Falco can't SHDL. >.>;

Also, the thread your talking about was also started by Hylian. :x

Metà

Smash Master
What makes this hard, is that just to perform SHDL, you need to laser within two frames of leaving the ground. When you jump backwards and do this, you're cramming in two directions insanely fast, not to mention that after you aim the laser, you have to return the stick to its neutral position. Anyone who says this is easy probably doesn't understand it, or they're Silent Wolf

j00t

Smash Champion
....I guess i'm silent wolf then? ROFL, what a joke.

But seriously, people are making this harder than it seems. Hylian has yet to confirm if it is just DIing during your SHDL to make you move in the air w/o turning. That isn't hard at all.

Metà

Smash Master
....I guess i'm silent wolf then? ROFL, what a joke.

But seriously, people are making this harder than it seems. Hylian has yet to confirm if it is just DIing during your SHDL to make you move in the air w/o turning. That isn't hard at all.
Ok, first of all, it's not DI; DI is when you get hit. Second, try jumping backwards (from standing) and doing a SHDL without turning around, while keeping all your backwards momentum. I believe that's what we're talking about, isn't it?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Ok, first of all, it's not DI; DI is when you get hit. Second, try jumping backwards (from standing) and doing a SHDL without turning around, while keeping all your backwards momentum. I believe that's what we're talking about, isn't it?
um... DI applies to any movement. Directional influence...

Metà

Smash Master
um... DI applies to any movement. Directional influence...
But what's the point in using a term like DI if you're just talking about movement? DI is when you influence the direction that an attack sends. When using the term DI, we should use it to describe one technique, and one technique only, to avoid being vague. We don't need to use it to describe simply moving in the air, because that's beyond basic, while DI is very complicated.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
It's kinda useless since Fox's aerial movement is really insignificant.

Now Kirby with a Falco hat...

Oskurito

Smash Lord
If you dash, turn as soon as possible and shdl it looks like you were jumping backwards while shooting and looking forwards, yes that's really hard I can't do it with consistency but it looks cool... I understand now why you wanted to make a video of it.

EDIT: Doing that with Kirby after absorving falco isn't too hard, I finally get what you were thinking Hylian

j00t

Smash Champion
1) Yes, that is what we are talking about. DI is technically a correct term to use in this case.

2) It isn't hard. There is no way anyone can have trouble with this. Seriously, since you know what it is, you should go try it now. You should be able to do it with ease. You too, Oskurito. :<

j00t

Smash Champion
I believe the point of this is to utilize technical skill, but sadly doing it with Flaco doesn't. Or Fox, for that matter. :p

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
It's kinda useless since Fox's aerial movement is really insignificant.

Now Kirby with a Falco hat...
Kirby could always counter falco with that hat on..... >_>

kirby's falco hat is the best.

Also they are hard but I never said I couldn't do them. Unless you want me to go across FD backwards...... I might make it half way. O well just something flashy.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
What makes this hard, is that just to perform SHDL, you need to laser within two frames of leaving the ground. When you jump backwards and do this, you're cramming in two directions insanely fast, not to mention that after you aim the laser, you have to return the stick to its neutral position. Anyone who says this is easy probably doesn't understand it, or they're Silent Wolf
Three frames.

This is easy.

j00t

Smash Champion
Three frames.

This is easy.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.... :lick: >.>;

This really isn't hard guys. The first time I heard of this "amazing technique", I was like "It can't be that hard..." And surely enough, it wasn't. I'll post a vid of me doing it if you want me to.

Shai, we need to play again. I wanna play you again :p

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao, this is hard but I understand why some think it isn't.

Yeah, I am talking about frame perfect SHDL and then getting full legnth DI out of it while going up and falling. You can do this to move forwards and backwards without dashing or turning around and getting off more lasers on your opponent.

And it is very hard, but I know why you think it's easy. I have never had a problem with this. I have been doing it since I first learned how to SHDL(which I never found hard either) and I've never even had to practice this. I can go all the way across FD and back forwards and backwards as well as weave across the entire stage.

I think it's increabily easy and I couldn't believe the people I showed it to couldn't do it. I guess some people just have a natural knack for it.

And if you don't believe me that it's hard, I was at FC Diamond and not 1 person there could do it. I showed Mew2King, Silent Wolf, and DaShizWiz and none of them could do it. M2K and DaShizWiz could go back about 2 times before they messed up and I don't remember if they could even go forward. You may think it's easy, as do I, but the fact that 3 of the most technical players in the world could not do it say's something. You can't argue with that.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Lmao, this is hard but I understand why some think it isn't.

Yeah, I am talking about frame perfect SHDL and then getting full legnth DI out of it while going up and falling. You can do this to move forwards and backwards without dashing or turning around and getting off more lasers on your opponent.

And it is very hard, but I know why you think it's easy. I have never had a problem with this. I have been doing it since I first learned how to SHDL(which I never found hard either) and I've never even had to practice this. I can go all the way across FD and back forwards and backwards as well as weave across the entire stage.

I think it's increabily easy and I couldn't believe the people I showed it to couldn't do it. I guess some people just have a natural knack for it.

And if you don't believe me that it's hard, I was at FC Diamond and not 1 person there could do it. I showed Mew2King, Silent Wolf, and DaShizWiz and none of them could do it. M2K and DaShizWiz could go back about 2 times before they messed up and I don't remember if they could even go forward. You may think it's easy, as do I, but the fact that 3 of the most technical players in the world could not do it say's something. You can't argue with that.

WOW that move is just not human capable ( looks like a job for ken ) :chuckle:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I believe this was my topic title idea first hylian, you naughty theif ^_^

Silent are you really coming to VLS, cause if so... Bowser Dittos srsly

On a side note: Another Hylian brag about how good he thinks he is thread huh?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I believe this was my topic title idea first hylian, you naughty theif ^_^

Silent are you really coming to VLS, cause if so... Bowser Dittos srsly

Huh? I never even mentioned my skill. Did you read the topic? I am just looking for someone to make a video of this. Thanks for being a ******* though.

takieddine

Smash Master
Not to be a douchebag either, but thats what this is sounding like. This is the second thread now, if you really wanted to show it that bad, just buy a cube and record it yourself...>_>

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Seeing 2 people that can do it at the same time will be cool, I guess that's what he's asking for. Just PM silent wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom