• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: Silent Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Again, I never said anything about my skill at all in this thread. I don't have video recording equipment. I can't record it, otherwise I already would have.

And there is nothing wrong with sharing ideas/fun things you find. It's not like I'm insulting anyone. I'm not even bragging. I just want to find someone to make this video for me. If my topic annoys you, then don't post in it. I'm sorry. I'm not really into flame wars online. Many people I showed this to at FC thought it was cool so I wanted a video of it. That's it. And to show people how it's done >_>.

I really don't see what the problem is >_>...

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I really don't see what the problem is >_>...
money and time LOL

You want just a pure show-off video or like a guide for shdl, rshdl plus the trick you mentioned... something like that? Maybe when I buy my TV card for my comp on my birthday(27 nov.) I can record some stuff, the quality will be awesome... And I already have the rest of the material to connect my TV with my comp. I'll do it if you guys don't do it before me, yeah you can count on me

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Whether it's hard or not depends entirely on your method of SHDL. With the way I SHDL it is not hard at all.

And being technical doesn't really coincide with being good. I'm stupidly technical but I've yet to place in a decent-sized tourney. I can do stuff with Fox that some of the top players most likely cannot (for instance, this technique) but I don't kid myself about that making me as good as they are. I'm not saying you think that either Hylian, but I think some of the people in the thread may have seen it that way.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Hylian said:
Again, I never said anything about my skill at all in this thread.
Hylian said:
I'm not even bragging.
Lets take a step back in time, shall we?

Hylian said:
Lmao, this is hard but I understand why some think it isn't.

And it is very hard, but I know why you think it's easy. I have never had a problem with this. I have been doing it since I first learned how to SHDL(which I never found hard either) and I've never even had to practice this. I can go all the way across FD and back forwards and backwards as well as weave across the entire stage.
>_>

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lets take a step back in time, shall we?

>_>
I wasn't bragging there, just stating that I know why they think it is easy. Because it is for some people.

As for technicality /=/ being good, yes that is very true. But I only mentioned GOOD technical players. M2K got 1st, DaShizWiz got 7th?(maybe 9th >_>) and Silent got 13th at FCD. They have all proven themselves to be good.

And yeah, I'm not saying I am as good as them because I can do something they can't, that is just stupid and sorry if it came off that way.

I also agree with very much so about the method of SHDL. I hold the controller very weird(Double Claw) and I assume it is easy for me just because of how I hold the controller and how used to holding it that way I am.

But yeah that would be awesome if someone could get a video explaining how to do this online >_>...that's all I really want.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Claw shdl 0_0

Index on b and middle finger on Y? I forget how it works.

Heh..I use the claw to do waveshine combo's. Thumb on B and Index on X. I use the control stick to jump usually and I have both my index finger and my thumb on the control stick at all times. Hence the "Double Claw".

So I laser with the control stick >_>.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I remember chillin being able to do it forward in a match vs azen's link.I also remeber mew2king doing it in a match vs zanguzen.

It's not hard to do forward. What I want to try is this:

Dash forward.
Pivot. (So you're facing the opposite way you dashe dof course)
Jump and turn around SHDL in the direction you dashed in, but fading away from the direction you dashed in.
You'd have to do it all really fast to make it look any good. Basically so it looks like you never changed direction. (Back and forth dash, then fade away lasers back to where you dashed from, repeat)

Don't think I can be more clear.

Just out of curiousity, have any of you comboed with waveshine out of sheild yet? I've been working on that one. :p I've only managed to do it on a human once, but then again, haven't tried much. would be great to master, and is as easy as JCing a shine. :p

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's not hard to do forward. What I want to try is this:

Dash forward.
Pivot. (So you're facing the opposite way you dashe dof course)
Jump and turn around SHDL in the direction you dashed in, but fading away from the direction you dashed in.
You'd have to do it all really fast to make it look any good. Basically so it looks like you never changed direction. (Back and forth dash, then fade away lasers back to where you dashed from, repeat)

Don't think I can be more clear.

Just out of curiousity, have any of you comboed with waveshine out of sheild yet? I've been working on that one. :p I've only managed to do it on a human once, but then again, haven't tried much. would be great to master, and is as easy as JCing a shine. :p
Ohh I have to try this :). It seems like circle lasers lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
A cool thing about weaving is, if you do it right, you technically land in two places each time you land from jumping. But you can make those two landing places right beside each other so it looks like you are landing in the same spot but moving forwards and backwards at the same time :). It looks like fox jumps, shoots two lasers while moving forward a little, then falls backwards to the same spot and jumps and lasers while moveing backwards but falls forward into the same spot. Fox makes a cool little V shape, and while you are actually landing and jumping from two places,it looks as if you are jumping from one and have amazing frame perfect DI control ^_^.

I hope that wasn't too confusing lol.

j00t

Smash Champion
Meh, I don't see how people can claw. I just play normally and use the x button to jump.

Now what SW described sounds harder than what Hylian is trying to get people to do. I can do what Hylian's talking about, but I might need a little practice for SW's little thing.

SW, instead of doing turned waveshines in place, how about some reverse waveshines in place? Now that would be neato. I've been practicing it and can do it pretty consistently now... i'd like to see you do it in a SCC record. :p

What's a reverse waveshine? I can do shine 360s xD
where i turn around then turn back around really fast and wavedash out of it. those look cool.

j00t

Smash Champion
SW keep shining before the shdl's, it gives you a trade mark look!
No it doesn't, it makes him lose matches. :p

A reverse waveshine is just waveshining backwards. Like when you drill a Marth and he's behind you, you then do a backwards waveshine.

If I understand your 360 thing correctly, then I want you to do reverse waveshine 360s. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgEx5OUQldM 2:52 - 2:55, except w/o the uairs. It's coolio in my book and everyones elses here, RIGHT!?!?!?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
What's a reverse waveshine? I can do shine 360s xD
where i turn around then turn back around really fast and wavedash out of it. those look cool.
it's 180 and I can do it several times now... I need to train more tho

j00t

Smash Champion
how do you know it makes him loose matches!

Those were friendlies <_<
I know he doesn't do it in matches he actually cares about (Probably :p) but aren't you essentially asking him to do that? He shouldn't. >.>;

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Huh? I never even mentioned my skill. Did you read the topic? I am just looking for someone to make a video of this. Thanks for being a ******* though.
Lmao, this is hard but I understand why some think it isn't.

Yeah, I am talking about frame perfect SHDL and then getting full legnth DI out of it while going up and falling. You can do this to move forwards and backwards without dashing or turning around and getting off more lasers on your opponent.

And it is very hard, but I know why you think it's easy. I have never had a problem with this. I have been doing it since I first learned how to SHDL(which I never found hard either) and I've never even had to practice this. I can go all the way across FD and back forwards and backwards as well as weave across the entire stage.

I think it's increabily easy and I couldn't believe the people I showed it to couldn't do it. I guess some people just have a natural knack for it.

And if you don't believe me that it's hard, I was at FC Diamond and not 1 person there could do it. I showed Mew2King, Silent Wolf, and DaShizWiz and none of them could do it. M2K and DaShizWiz could go back about 2 times before they messed up and I don't remember if they could even go forward. You may think it's easy, as do I, but the fact that 3 of the most technical players in the world could not do it say's something. You can't argue with that.
Thats not only mentioning your skill, but name dropping and trying to build yourself up even higher...

Its no big deal but honestly man?

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's what Silent Wolf is talking about. If you don't dash before the jump then you don't go all that far.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, the thing in perfect control is a lot easier then what I'm talking about >_>...That is just reverse SHDL...

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I don't think that's very hard at all. Even with a frame perfect shdl you won't get very far doin it like that so it's not really worth doin anyway.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I do that all the time(the reverse shdl), and the real thing is Insta shdl were you dash and turn as soon as possible and it doesn't look as you were turning around it looks like a big jump backwards while shooting(shdl) and looking forwards

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Its evident and I have only done that with one laser going backwards or frontwards. To do SHDLs is possible but rythm on doing the steps while going backwards it requires a sustianable grove on the Joystick and quick reaction with it.

Well thats how I feel , now on being mentioned I will upgrade my Fox.Thank you for bringing it up ! This has reminded me to practice this technique which has been forgotten months ago .

I will succeed thanks to my quick fingers !

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'm assuming this is possible with the single laser as well?

If so...it mightbe easier for everyone to practice the finger movements with the SHL then progress onto the SHDL when they have it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom