• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN Ike MAINS: PLEASE HELP ME IN MY RESEARCH PROJECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hello everyone! I am currently doing a research project on Brawl for members of the smash lab. They have a couple ideas going around in there and I wanted to test a few of them out for myself. Therefore if you guys would not mind, I would appreciate it if you would help me out.

I would like you, since you know your characters better than I do (probably), to tell me in quick bullet points what the most annoying things for you to play against. I am talking about aspects of match ups that change how the match up plays out. Examples of this would be King Dedede’s standing infinite on Bowser, DK, Mario, Luigi, Samus and himself or grab releases like Marth on Ness/Lucas or Wario’s grab release shenanigans. Basically, anything match up specific where one character has a great advantage over the other character simply because of that move/moves. There’s plenty out there but I want to make sure I have them all! Please list them for me!

Thank you!

(I'm looking for chaingrabs, locks, anything like that character specific).

Problems:
-King Dedede's Inhale + Ike's Quick Draw Glitch

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Let's see now. Ike in general, has too many slow attacks for his own good... a C- grade recovery at best, and no reliable combo-breaker.

Olimar destroys Ike because Pikmin outrange everything Ike has, can be spammed for eternity, and can combo Ike really easily. Same with Falco's lazers

Then characters like Lucario Aether recovery very dangerous with Aura Spheres. Same thing with Lucas' PKT.

Then you have characters like Kirby who just need to set up for UTilt ****, and it's an easy 20% minimum on Ike at low %ages. Same thing with Fox.

People with DSmashes that send Ike at low angles will kill Ike, like Zelda and Wolf, because Quickdraw doesn't go far enough when uncharged and ends up short, and Aether hardly covers any horizontal distance. By the time Ike tries to go to the ledge by just freefalling, he'll be too low for Aether to reach the ledge.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Eh, those are just bugs, like how Snake's DSmash proximity mine will stop Ike's Quickdraw in place.

He wants something like stuff that wrecks Ike, and is usually intentional.

:093:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Quick Draw sucking.

I don't think there's anything Ike has a specific match-up problem with. It's just the fact that his fragile recovery can be exploited by everyone in the most idiotic ways.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
^Closest thing would be Falco's stupid laser interrupting everything. If it was like Fox's, the match up would be a lot easier. All other projectiles are too slow and/or not enough stun time to really make a difference. Except for those pikmin. Hate those things.

And the blast-off glitches at Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Port Town (lulz).....I think thats all of them. But thats stage specific and rare to occur.

Honestly, people going "We has super slow, super laggy projectile, 7-3 our advantage!" is more annoying. the ONLY character board with a character that has projectiles that has said we have the advantage is the Samus boards. -_-

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Quick draw is worthless, counter is a little close to worthless, Aether having super armor but not if you get hit in the startup animation, which happens often. You cant approach olimar at all. Falco is annoying (beatable but hard counter nonetheless). Dedede is my favroite one because of how retardedly easy it is to take a stock from ike without even trying.

But yeah world:ike being 70:30 is the funniest one.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
Fighting Olimar, Ike will slow down if he is forced to attack his pikmin, not only that he is very suspectable to his grab. Of course you can throw pikmin into quick draw.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I'm starting to think it's pokemon mains in general. First the luc boards, then the jig boards with there jigs is top of mid tier stuff,
EVERYTHING that Snake can do.

I'm surprised you missed that kinzer! lol

pretty sure this means the match up kinzer not a glitch Dsmash.
Then the PT boards thinking they know Ike better than us. Guys we have problems with range and disjointed hit boxes but your slow so it's 60-20 our advantage and that other 20% goes to ash!

Then after that it's olimar as a whole.

Finally CK. Even though I don't bother reading w/e he types anymore (he'll always be stupid) Other people still waste time replying to him. + that food and oxygen could be going to hungry kids in africa.

edit: after going trough some of the other character board threads I kind of realized that you might be using this as a guide for brawl + or w/e.

so this is what I hope you can change.

1. get CK out of our boards
2. Ike's recovery.

Usually people ask for QD to be not go into helpless or to go trough opponents but I think Ike's recovery would benefit more from becoming more having a good second jump, better aerial mobility, and becoming more floaty (this might screw up his on stage aerial game though so not sure)

Maybe find a way to get aether to SS on the way up. If your holding a direction it shouldn't do that though. That way people can still clear the path up there against a few annoying people.

3. reduce his lag on a few moves as well as start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom