• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: EVO ATTENDEES

clowsui

Smash Legend
If you happen to be browsing Smashboards, BRING ANY PART OF YOUR SETUP TO THE BALLY'S GRAND BALLROOM AT 7AM TOMORROW SHARP. This is NOT a joke. We are currently BEHIND on the minimum setups necessary to run the tournament. THIS DOES NOT BODE WELL.

If you need a reminder, please leave your hotel here and room number so me/Revven/other responsible individuals can leave a wake-up call.

Sincerely,

Chi

EDIT

AND BY THIS DOES NOT BODE WELL, I MEAN IF WE DON'T HAVE THE SETUPS, THE TOURNAMENT DOESN'T HAPPEN. PERIOD.

STEP YOUR GAME

Revven

FrankerZ
Seriously this has to be the hugest and most embarrassing **** up ever if the tournament doesn't happen because of SETUPS.

XavierSylfaen

Smash Apprentice
Jeez. That means no friendlies since all of the setups will be used for tournament play.

Sorry I can't bring my GC, my plane gets in at 7:05 and I might not even make my first match so there's no way I could get it there by 7.

Sedda

Smash Champion
What about the people who were gonna bring like 10 tvs? damn...

I hope everything works out guys. I'LL BE WATCHING ALL DAY

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Jeez. That means no friendlies since all of the setups will be used for tournament play.

Sorry I can't bring my GC, my plane gets in at 7:05 and I might not even make my first match so there's no way I could get it there by 7.
Better to bring it after 7 than not at all, I would assume :/

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
how the hell did nobody get TVs? people were asking if there could be more than 16 TVs, and we couldn't even get that?

I s2g if this is how our evo trip ends I'm breaking all of your legs

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
there are some number under seven hundred players entering smash at evo

and only a small handful so far has actually brought TVs

don't you dare **** this up SWF, you want to stop being the laughing stock of the FGC, don't you dare pull this

XavierSylfaen

Smash Apprentice
well this sucks ****

I can't even do friendlies in any of the other games because PS3 wireless controllers are banned and I don't have a fight stick

looks like I'll be playing DS/PSP all weekend

also this thread probably should have been made 24 hours earlier

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
if this tournament is still going on, y'all best be getting on your knees and bowing down to the people who helped this

because it was because of them you won't be spending a trip to las vegas for nothing

Vkrm

Smash Lord
So I'm told there are people who'll help me haul these heavy ******** in valet. This true? Got 2 tvs and a cube coming later.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Vkrm come through within an hour please. We'll get people to help you as soon as we can. Please follow/DM @clowsui as soon as you're in the area and we'll get you

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
Why is everyone flipping the **** out? Was this announced beforehand?

Kinda silly to get mad at people who are probably in their hotel rooms with setups practicing for tomorrow for not having it ready by 11pm the night before. Smashers always brought setups the day of. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Everyone have fun at evo!!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Kinda silly to get mad at people who are probably in their hotel rooms with setups practicing for tomorrow for not having it ready by 11pm the night before. Smashers always brought setups the day of. I'm sure everything will be fine.
Maybe that works for the usual sized tournaments, but I think it's fair for the BIGGEST MELEE TOURNAMENT OF ALL TIME to try to work a little in advance to ensure that the tournament can actually happen...

XavierSylfaen

Smash Apprentice
I have a question, not sure why I just thought of this now

Will there be any open LCDs at any time in Beta hall or will they all be taken up with friendlies for other games? I don't think anyone cares about a couple frames of lag in friendly matches.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Seriously this has to be the hugest and most embarrassing **** up ever if the tournament doesn't happen because of SETUPS.
yea it'd be horrible if a tournament that provides setups for literally every other game were to have the community-provided setups arrive a few hrs later than expected

can people that AREN'T GOING TO EVO stop freaking out lmfao

Sixfortyfive

Smash Journeyman
I have a question, not sure why I just thought of this now

Will there be any open LCDs at any time in Beta hall or will they all be taken up with friendlies for other games? I don't think anyone cares about a couple frames of lag in friendly matches.
Most of the monitors used at these events only have HDMI, DVI, and VGA inputs. Nothing that a Gamecube or Wii could hook into. Smash players would probably be responsible for bringing the entire setup if they want games at the BYOC.

Top Bottom