• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN: Cooking The Knee

_X_

Smash Lord
Just now I was play a match with my friend and though...

Full Hop

U-air to cook

and the knee should just come out perfect.

And it does.

It worked and we were like :dizzy:

I will be sure to put of a vid soon.

Note: The u-air has to come out ASA you leave the ground, then just mash the c-stick so the knee comes out, it's ****in' awesome.

Cook the knee until golden brown and server with pwnage.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
what if you use the wiimote and nunchuck. I myself started to use it and I just cant go back to using a normal gamecube controller.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I'll try and mess around with it tonight...but if someone can do it before me go ahead and explain/post a vid (Wii's in my roommates room, and he's busy with finals right now : /).

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
Well if you're not hitting with the uair why don't you just learn to time the new knee instead? I mean sure it sort of discourages an approach from the opponent but if you spaced properly that wouldn't matter so much, eh?

I mean, go ahead and do whatever floats your boat. If you need these idiosyncrasies to help your game, power to ya. I don't see much strategic relevance here if you're not connecting the u-air though.

_X_

Smash Lord
Well if you're not hitting with the uair why don't you just learn to time the new knee instead? I mean sure it sort of discourages an approach from the opponent but if you spaced properly that wouldn't matter so much, eh?

I mean, go ahead and do whatever floats your boat. If you need these idiosyncrasies to help your game, power to ya. I don't see much strategic relevance here if you're not connecting the u-air though.
Tell that to the kids in the Snake forums, it's like cooking the nades. Same ****.

salaboB

Smash Champion

For one thing, while it might not be needed for serious play (ie, offline) it could help a ton for online play where lag would throw off precise timing for knees close to the ground.

Iwan

Smash Ace

The up-air could help for a mindgame...thus leading into the knee.

This could totally work in serious play...if it works.

SSMugen

Smash Rookie
Yeah the term "cooking" doesn't fit what you're trying to say but buffering is more like it. This sounds interesting and I actually did it after 2 u-airs once but it was probably at the fault of my opponent as he dropped right into the knee while recovering. Show us the vid!

TheBirdsGoTweet

Smash Rookie
Awesome find man. At least now I can rely on Falcon's knee as a KO other than his smashes again.

Shouldn't it be possible to hit with the Uair and still get the knee? Maybe at lower percentages?

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Just repeating dead words, but if it works in real matches then it is very nice. [:
But as soon as you can get that vid up, the better.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
ohh myy god, if this works.....

still a little confused on how you do it, and "cooking" the knee? what do you mean

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

mesCo

Smash Cadet
I just tested this and it works. However.... its so freakin unpractical. Its nearly impossible to do it unless u jump straight up. Also, its ridiculously easy to shield it, since ur not fast falling.

I played around with it to see if u can fast fall it. I found that if you fast fall and use the knee at the same time at the peak of a full-hop, it works just as well as this.

Overall, tho, it would work against a ******, but not someone with a slightest bit of skill.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I just tested this and it works. However.... its so freakin unpractical. Its nearly impossible to do it unless u jump straight up. Also, its ridiculously easy to shield it, since ur not fast falling.

I played around with it to see if u can fast fall it. I found that if you fast fall and use the knee at the same time at the peak of a full-hop, it works just as well as this.

Overall, tho, it would work against a ******, but not someone with a slightest bit of skill.
hahaha...i saw those vids you put up. Nicely done man. You're probably the most "offensive" minded falcon i've seen. I'm definitely a "conservative" player, but i can definitely say your vids impressed me man.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falco doesn't have a non-serious bone in his epic body.
He's right, his nipples are actually retractable too.

Stainless Steel Retracting Nipples that can impale people if they look at any part of his glorious wonder that is the human, no, godly body.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Uair works, but it the knee comes out a bit high, plus when you do uairs right after jumping, the game often makes you usmash. Though the uair can hit tall enough opponents, so it doesn't have to whiff...

A better way to cook the knee might be to just use... another knee! Then the second knee comes out really close to the ground. Or, you can just knee and fastfall at the peak of a full jump, and the knee will come out at the perfect time, yup yup yup. :bee:

Top Bottom