• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Everyone! Ganondorf's grab SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Someone lock and sticky this. I'm sick and tired of telling this to people.

Man, why does everyone say Ganondorf has a fast grab? This couldn't be further from the truth.

ALL OF GANONDORF'S GRABS ARE
ONE FRAME SLOWER THAN AVERAGE.

Read the cut and pasted details from Big O's topic.

Grab ...7-8/29

Dash Grab ...11-12/37

Pivot Grab ...10-11/35

Most characters including DDD have grabs that hit on these frames.

Grab: 6-7
Dash Grab: 10-11
Pivot Grab: 9-10

SO STOP ****ING TELLING ME THAT GANON HAS A FAST GRAB! Yes, it is his fastest attack unfortunately. Now can you see what a joke character Ganondorf is? Sakurai not only screws him with poor grab range, he treats him as "a heavyweight not named DDD" and gives him a grab that is ALSO slower than average! (and if you know anything, you should know that most heavyweights in this game besides DDD have slower grabs)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ending lag doesn't matter for a grab dude. If you whiff a grab, you're going to get punished.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I also laugh when people say Ganon's dash grab has more range than his standing grab. You can dash grab INTO a person and not grab them.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I think people say his dash grab has better range because you move forwards while doing it. When you take the motion into account it has about the same reach as an Ftilt. The actual grabbing hitbox is extremely small though and often leads to confusing misses (lol I've seen some characters duck under his running grab).

B!squick

Smash Master
Sakurai mains Ganon though... is it perhaps out of pitty then?

Also, Ganon's grab is better than Bowser's (frame wise) and since Bowser's grab game is amazing I declare Ganon's better by extension.

Funnily enough I sometimes miss people with Bower's grab when they're too close. XD

TP

Smash Master
Grab has 21 frames of lag, Dash grab has 26 frames of lag, Pivot grab has 25 frames of lag. Does that look fast to you?
Yes. Most spot dodges last 25 or 27 frames. If they spot dodge right when you start a standing grab, they'll only have like a 2 frame advantage over you. Getting jabbed is not a bad punishment.

(This is about standing grab only)

:034:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yes. Most spot dodges last 25 or 27 frames. If they spot dodge right when you start a standing grab, they'll only have like a 2 frame advantage over you. Getting jabbed is not a bad punishment.

(This is about standing grab only)

:034:
Um, no, you're wrong. Standing grab completes at frame 29, and if most spotdodges last 25-27 frames, we'll be the one at a -2/-4 frame disadvantage, and if you add Ganon's slow moves into account (other than his sidestep/rolls/shields), we'll be at a -9 (at best) disadvantage. Even if we were at a +2 advantage, Ganon has no moves which would come out fast enough.

And that's just for his STANDING grab, his so called "fastest" move.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ok, the reason I left this open for so long was because I was preparing this image.

This thread gets the honor of being the first ever to be TRULY...

Wizkick Spiked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom