• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTENTION ALL!!!!! I need your art/photoshop/microsoft paint skills

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
1. can some one make me a mach-up chart for the log book? This chart will help other who just GLANCE at our match-up thread. please help me out. if you need an idea of what one looks like, just head to the pikachu boards or something but please make our look different and perhaps have it give off a metroid-ish feel.

2. Hive had an idea of a blank map of the north american continent and she colored in the states and added names of where the smashers are currently living. Can some one make me that map so we can add it to the ultimate samus data base?

3. Can some on make me a sig? LOL.

Metatitan

Smash Master
lol i only know of one person who can draw really well but idk if he'd do it for awhile (hes got a huge load of requests)

take a look at my sig for an example of his artwork

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It seemed to me that every other Brawl Character Discussion room had a match-up chart of their own, and I wanted to use one of theirs, but none were blank, and they added color to indicate difficulty. So, Xyro, I hope you like it. I mean, it could be better, I'm sure. I spent about two hours on this in MS Paint. I don't have Photoshop. :(

Xyro77

dryn this looks TASTY!

can anybody add some color and metroid-ish feel to it? Also, it looks rather TALL, would that look ok if i pasted it in the Log Book? Or should it be long?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
dryn this looks TASTY!

can anybody add some color and metroid-ish feel to it? Also, it looks rather TALL, would that look ok if i pasted it in the Log Book? Or should it be long?
Thanks! The length is that way, because I was thinking about how there are 35 characters, so I did 5 x 7 to get 35. I forgot that there were 37, though, since that included Samus/Zero Suit Samus and Zelda/Sheik. As you can see, I added two more boxes at the end once I got every other character in. That's why the length is that way. I also wanted to avoid stretching the page. I left the boxes black, because I wasn't sure if anyone would want to color them a particular color to indicate the difficulty for Samus against each character. And of course, it's in alphabetical order, the way I like it.

Xyro77

it looks real well. you did GREAT. if any body wants to take it and add some stuff to it i would love it even more.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
it looks real well. you did GREAT. if any body wants to take it and add some stuff to it i would love it even more.
Thanks again! :bee:

And yeah, if anyone can take it and improve it, that'd be good, too. As you can see, I tried to be very precise with the distance for each row, especially the bottom with Zelda and Zero Suit Samus.

Now, I'm going to play some video games. :laugh: You might want to ask if Hive still has her map that she made. I was going to make a map, but I thought that it'd probably be better if we could find the map and just use that one.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Serris would probably be the best bet as he loves making samus textures and how she looks and such, although it might only be a 3D thing.
I could ask my buddy if he could make it more metroid, he does like photo shop and stuff for fun, he has a sig shop, Here lemme ask him

he's not online though so the reply will take a bit lol

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I went back and made a png version of the chart. I had to recreate it.

It looks smoother, and if I'm not mistaken, it's easier to mess around with versus the jpeg.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Sweet. Also this is the first time Ive ever seen a Samus thread on the homepage beside Brawl Character Discussion.

And I'll reply here as soon as my buddy lets me knwo if he can do it.
so please don't close this till then, just give out hearty infractions :D

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dryn this looks TASTY!

well if you wanted to you could you could take a nice sharp CRISP image of Samus' visor from the Prime series and try putting the match up chart on the visor -- with a sci-fi theme in mind.

Actually i prefer the menu to metriod prime 3 the one with the cool parasite swimming in something esp his face

Xyro77

YES!

DE, good idea. Do you know how to do what you are describing?

Cherry, i dont think dryn would close this but please hurry.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
YES!

DE, good idea. Do you know how to do what you are describing?

Cherry, i dont think dryn would close this but please hurry.
LOL kinda sorta? You'll need someone that specializes in graphic design and maybe knows In-Design [part of Adobe suite 3].

Alot of the prime series has alot of transparent/graphical types of shapes/patterns im uploading a video now to give you and anyone else a better idea of what im talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLjk5DaI4kU

here u go

god**** those openings are loving hot, those graphic artists sure are sharp with their work godddaaaaayyyyyyyyymn so HOT

Yea the visor from MP2 and MP3 do look big enough to support the SSBB rouster.

If you want you dont exactly have to have the whole character rouster themed in the same style as Metriod for the visor its prolly best to keep it with the images Dryn used. But say..for example for the in-depth anaylsis sections for each character vs Samus; Have a picture of meta knight with a Metriod absorbing his life energy, Snake ftilting a Ing, Lucas running away from Ridley, etc.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
i'd be glad to. and could you resend your previous request, I've been busy and don't recall where it is... i think in meet and greet... whatever =X
but anywayzzz:
is all you want a background on that or should I make different borders on the boxes and stuff... ill get to this hopefully tonight.

From my buddy :D sent today.
Oh I even asked about Xyro's sig :laugh:
all for you buddy

This is worth the infraction for double posting.
Here are the pictures my buddy made, I enjoy the first one, only diff is the title

Also Xyro look upon my visiter messages for Thunder Of Zeus if you want that signature, PM him specifications

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol @ note. anywho yeah, I like the blue one but green would be my second fav.
Thanks Zeus! your a champ

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Lol, Metitation, Dryn doesn't want to fix it. He made it
I'll fix it when we decide which one we want.
It's not that I don't want to fix it. It's just that it's not worth fixing, since it's really not a big problem.

I think I'm going to man the stage thread. I have an idea.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Sweet! I'll wait and see your idea.
Oh! can you change the poll? or is it only Azua because of her premiun-ness :(

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Oh really hey? Hmm, Wanna Ask Azua about it? she effing hates me for no honest reason lol.
it'd just be for like a week, 1 poll about the pictures. If you want thumb nails of them Lemme know, I'm going to go play Frisbee right now though, See ya all later <3

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I could change it, but I don't know if changing it would give us another poll to let us vote again.
You are correct, you'd have to start a new poll otherwise people wouldn't be able to vote.

Also I think the chart with "Metroid" in blue looks the best, although that one's small for some reason. I think you may have linked the thumbnail :x

Oh really hey? Hmm, Wanna Ask Azua about it? she effing hates me for no honest reason lol.
I don't even know who you are, but okay.

Xyro77

this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

IS IT DONE!?!?!?!?!?!? If so, ill add it to the page!

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Eh knowing him it's already up there.

and it's probably green.

whatev's just put the green one up Xyro no one is voting anyways

Top Bottom