• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attempt at pleasing MOST people roster...Version 2.0

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
Nintendo=mario. There's no doubt about it. Luigi is probably the second or third biggest mario character out there. He's IN. Mario is an exception to everything. Mario and Kirby DO NOT DESERVE equal numbers of reps. Mario sold the nes and snes and shaped the video game world. Kirby.. made a few (few) very good games. Kirby does not deserve reps like mario does. Plus, luigi is probably a more significant character to mario than dedede/metaknight are to kirby.

Not to mention an original moveset is very very possible, so he wouldn't even be a clone.

He's in. K.

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
Not to mention an original moveset is very very possible, so he wouldn't even be a clone.
Well, the only two original movesets would be from Luigi's Mansion or Mario & Luigi. I don't oppose Luigi if he's not a clone, but do you truly believe one of those movesets would be implemented? :ohwell:

It would be awesome if Luigi could use Thunderhand, but what are the chances of such a big change? A lot of gamers who haven't actually played M&L:SS would be confused. It seems like too big a change for it to be possible, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time Brawl has defied logic. :)

EDIT: As popular as the Mario series is, it is my belief that the whole "worlds colliding" thing should happen in fairly equal numbers. There's also an apparent pattern so far: two protagonists and one antagonist (Mario, Peach, Bowser; Link, Zelda, [Ganondorf]; Kirby, Meta Knight, DeDeDe). It would be pretty cool if this continued, for the most part.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Unless you have room for over a 100 slots then you can't represent everyone's view on the roster you've tried to make.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Remove:
Sukapon
Ray 01
Black Shadow

Add:
WW Link
Takamaru
Sukapon hasnt made the list as of yet, you cant vote against him. And no, you cant negate his current votes before he makes the list. Shadow has already been voted off. The rest will be updated.

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
Chibi Robo should be back on.
And Balloon Fighter is a shoe-in.

Take off the stupid extra Zelda rep instead.

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
Well, the only two original movesets would be from Luigi's Mansion or Mario & Luigi. I don't oppose Luigi if he's not a clone, but do you truly believe one of those movesets would be implemented? :ohwell:

It would be awesome if Luigi could use Thunderhand, but what are the chances of such a big change? A lot of gamers who haven't actually played M&L:SS would be confused. It seems like too big a change for it to be possible, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time Brawl has defied logic. :)

EDIT: As popular as the Mario series is, it is my belief that the whole "worlds colliding" thing should happen in fairly equal numbers. There's also an apparent pattern so far: two protagonists and one antagonist (Mario, Peach, Bowser; Link, Zelda, [Ganondorf]; Kirby, Meta Knight, DeDeDe). It would be pretty cool if this continued, for the most part.
No. Super paper mario has some moves. And you could implement stuff like melee's side b. It's not required that luigi be a clone.

And you're totally missing the point. Mario is more significant, more popular, and more essential to the success of nintendo, and as such, many mario characters will be represented. To be honest, even donkey kong, yoshi, and wario started int he mario series. No matter whzt you want to argue, a series like Metroid is not as popular or iconic as a series like mario. It seems clear that you'd get more reps from the more popular, significant series. You can't really think a series like fzero and a series like zelda should have equal numbers of reps? They just aren't on the same level! Mario's on a higher level than everyone.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Is there anyway to vote to keep a character from being removed?

Then keep Geno
Add Mii
Get rid of Ray 01

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
1 vote to remove Tom Nook
1 vote to add Takamaru and Miciah!
Thank you

Zevox

Smash Lord
Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how many Isaac supporters there are here.

Anyway, I vote for the removal of Skull Kid, the Black Knight, and Nook/AC Rep, and for the addition of Sigurd as a potential FE rep.

And if I can affect characters being voted for/against but not yet added/removed from the list negatively, I'll vote for Marth (thereby removing the 1 vote against him) and against "Wind Waker" Link (reducing him to 3 votes).

Zevox

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I vote for Bowser Jr. and WW Link for the roster.

Also if Possible.. I vote to Keep Lucario/another Pokémon rep, and to have Tyranitar eat anyone who votes that down... heh..

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Young Link (CS/WW) is all but garaunteed in so I'll vote for him and Bowser Jr. AND Ness.

I vote Geno out and BK out (cause that's rediculous) if you don't think Marth (and Micaiah if there are three) than that's ridiculous. And Geno over MM AND Bowser Jr? My ***!

I'll also vote against Skull Kid, Midna, Sheik, Tom Nook and KRool

I'll vote for Smashkid(AC rep) another Zelda rep(cause that'd be YLink)
and for everyone on the list after that to eliminate the votes against those such as Luigi and crap...

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
My votes:

+Wolf
+Bowser Jr.
+Black Mage
+Nightmare/another Soul Calibur rep

-Midna
-WW Link
-Geno
-Animal Crossing Rep
-another Pokemon rep