• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attempt at pleasing MOST people roster...Version 2.0

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Ok, before I list the roster, I need to let you know that this is NOT my dream/prediction/i-want-these/whatever personal roster.

This is a roster that:
1. Based on my time at NSider and here, this seems to be a roster that most people would be satisfied with, should it be Brawl's final roster.
2. It's realistic. This roster is, a realistic roster that could actually happen, which is why some characters may be left out.
3. This roster is one I think would SATISFY MOST PEOPLE, not one that would make EVERY SINGLE PERSON SPECIFICALLY HAPPY. because of that, I will require 7 requests (from 7 different people) before I add/remove/replace a character from this roster. Just because one person wants Sukapon, doesnt mean everybody does.
4. I expect to get flamed for this thread, but because of it's nature, I can't have everybody's favorite on here. Remember, it's the generally-people-accept-this-roster, not the please everybody and you roster.
5. If a character is voted off/on, they can be voted for still. For example, Chibi-Robo was voted off with 7 votes, but if you think he should be on, you can vote for him to be added to the list. However, I will now require 10 votes to get a removed character back on the list, instead of the usual 7.
6. I will not accept removal voted for the confirmed characters.

YOU CANNOT NEGATE/CANCEL VOTES! That is to say, you can't say 'well, Waluigi has one vote to get in, but I don't want him in, so I vote against him to cancel the vote he has. YOU CAN, HOWEVER, if a character is voted on the list, begin trying to vote that chracterter off the list again, as explained in RULE FIVE.

This will remain open to votes until one week before Brawl's release in Japan. Then, a new thread will appear, featuring the roster on here BEFORE votes, AFTER votes, and Brawl's real roster. Then, you can vote on which of the three is best.

That being said, this is what I figure to be the most accepted roster, should it be Brawl's final upon release:

Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Geno
Bowser Jr.
Mallow
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda/Shiek (part of Zelda or separate)
Ganondorf
Wind Waker Link
Midna, with or without Wolf Link/another Zelda rep
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Ike
Marth
Micaiah/Black Knight/another Fire Emblem rep
Pokemon Trainer (Red)
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Lucario/another Pokemon rep
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Sukapon
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Olimar
Mii
Lucas
Claus
Pit
Captain Falcon
Isaac
Takamaru
Andy
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

-------------------------------------------------------
Votes to Remove Characters
Luigi (1)
Marth (1)
Micaiah(1)
Lucario (4)
Another Pokemon rep (4)
Another Zelda Rep (3)
Jigglypuff (1)
Mewtwo (1)
Midna with or without Wolf Link (3)
Shiek (2)
Falco (3)
Geno (2)
Megaman (1)
Isaac (1)
Jigglypuff (1)
Mallow (9)
Takamaru (4)
Bowser Jr. (5)
Another Fire Emblem rep (1)
Mii (2)

Votes to Add Characters
Tails (3)
Aipom (1)
Pokey (1)
Balloon Fighter (6)
Lloyd (1)
Chibi-Robo (1)
Roy (4)
Pico (1)
Mach Rider (2)
Siggurd (1)
Banjo-Kazooie (4)
Animal Crosser (3)
Bomberman (4)
Black Mage (2)
Nightmare (1)
Another Soul Calibar rep (1)
Gengar (2)
Sagi (2)
Another Baten Kaitos rep (2)
Felix (4)
Jimmy (2)
Sothe (2)
Vaati (4)
King K. Rool (7)
Ray 01 (3)
Wigglytuff (1)
Raichu (1)
Birdo (1)
Nights (2)
Skull Kid (1)
Alfred Chicken (1)
Wind Waker Link (2)
Vivian (1)
Dark Samus (2)
Dixie Kong (1)

Characters Removed
Chibi-Robo (7)
Black Shadow (7)
Tom Nook (7)
Geno (7)
Ray 01 (or another form of Ray) (7)
King K. Rool (7)
Animal Crossing Rep (7)
Ness (7)
Wind Waker Link (10) <RE-REMOVED>
Skull Kid (7)
Waluigi (1 add vote, Deconfirmed on Dojo)
Stafy (3 add votes, Deconfirmed on Dojo)
Black Night (7)

Characters Added
Isaac (7)
Wind Waker Link (7)
Geno (10) <RE-ADDED>
Bowser Jr. (7)
Mallow (7)
Takamaru (7)
Sukapon (7)
Andy (7)
Mii (7)
Wolf (7)

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
RESERVED FOR MORE EDITING

Original roster, for reference:

Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Geno
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Wario
Link
Zelda/Shiek (part of Zelda or separate)
Ganondorf
Midna/Skull Kid/another Zelda rep
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Ike
Marth
Micaiah/Black Knight/another Fire Emblem rep
Pokemon Trainer (Red)
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Lucario/another Pokemon rep
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Captain Olimar
Lucas
Ness
Claus
Pit
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow
Ray 01 (or another form of Ray)
Tom Nook/Animal Crossing rep
Chibi-Robo
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

Cinder

Smash Master
Waluigi is absent...thank you...and you have Lucario, Geno, Krystal, Ridley, and Midna...my faves...you get a thumbs up...and give me a sec, and I'll give ya a cookie...

EDIT:

...sorry...I got hungry...

btw...I'm honored that you wish to follow in my footsteps as the master of cat pics...*points to post in anti-Lucario thread*

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
you pretty much got every character I wanted in brawl there. the only thing I would change is chibi robo out for isaac, he may be a sword weilder, but he has his earth manipulation powers to boot.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Add Isaac
Drop Chibi Robo
and you have 2 Black Knights
WHY DO PEOPLE THINK NESS WILL BE IN, YOU PEOPLE ARE DAFT.

Cinder

Smash Master
WHY DO PEOPLE THINK NESS WILL BE IN, YOU PEOPLE ARE DAFT.
*facepalm*...you're too daft to realize that people have their opinions, and that Sakurai doesn't have to get rid of Ness...why don't you think he will be in, and don't say the word "Lucas"...*runs hand along knife*...I'm waiting...

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Lucas, there I said it, you can spend all the time you want explaining how the two are different.
But say they renamed link "Chain" and gave him a mustache. and Chain was the main character of the next games. Would it make sense to have Chain AND Link in the next smash bros?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Lucas, there I said it, you can spend all the time you want explaining how the two are different.
But say they renamed link "Chain" and gave him a mustache. and Chain was the main character of the next games. Would it make sense to have Chain AND Link in the next smash bros?
LMAO!!!!!! Stupidity at it's finest, Lucas is not a dyed hair version of Ness they are different characters who everything shows have different moves, you fail!

VisetheStompy

Smash Cadet
Well I don't know. What does Chain do? Does he use his powers for good or for awsome?

Cinder

Smash Master
Iroooonnnyy...you're just a Ness hating troll who asks us to explain why he should be in without giving us a good reason for him not to be...

With that said, let the impending flamewar commence!

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Strongbad quote ftw ^^

in other news, I will not continue to respond after this cuz I know people hate when their topics go out of control.
Ness won't be in, it just doesn't make since. He was REPLACED with Lucas, the two cannot coexist. Why else would Sakurai and his team choose to depict Lucas in such a way that he looks almost the EXACT same as Ness? And when it said "...surpass even Ness..." that was the nail in the coffin, some people want Ness too much to see the obvious but hey, on sometime on or before february 10th we'll see whose right.

Don't say I'm a Ness hating troll, I love ness. But Lovability and Plausibility are way different. I love Lanky Kong, but <_> we all know his status in brawl. And yes, I have played mother games. and I meant there WERE differences between the two, but the art style sakurai chose along with his wording, leads me (and many other logically thinking people) to believe Ness is GONE.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Strongbad quote ftw ^^

in other news, I will not continue to respond after this cuz I know people hate when their topics go out of control.
Ness won't be in, it just doesn't make since. He was REPLACED with Lucas, the two cannot coexist. Why else would Sakurai and his team choose to depict Lucas in such a way that he looks almost the EXACT same as Ness? And when it said "...surpass even Ness..." that was the nail in the coffin, some people want Ness too much to see the obvious but hey, on sometime on or before february 10th we'll see whose right.
Thank you Mr Sakurai for enlightening our minds with your knowledge...[/sarcasm]

All Mother characters look alike, that's not a surprise, Ness looked like Ninten and Lucas looks like Ness, that doesn't mean it's the same character, you're an idiot, and don't speak like you know for a fact he won't be in the game cause you can't.

Cinder

Smash Master
And please, for the sake of this thread, stop the Ness flamewar.
Awwww...fine...but after this:

Strongbad quote ftw ^^

Hi Mr. Sakurai...how ya doin'? I appreciate your awe-inspiring wisdom...you are God in my eyes [/sarcasm]

Stop acting like you know that...for cryin' out loud, you ain't Sakurai, and like Vesperview said, all Mother characters are alike, so STFU...

VisetheStompy

Smash Cadet
Strongbad quote ftw ^^

Man, now I will never know what Chain could do:confused:

Personally I would love a list that big, but if we must remove Chibi-Robo seems like the weakest link.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
1. I didn't say I was Sakurai thank you very much
2. YOU don't know for a fact that he WILL be in so lay off
3. Nice touch calling me Oddball <_>
4. Srz to topic creator
5. Drop it, we'll see someday, until then, lay off.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
"Chibi Robo? GTFO! He has 0 chance." didn't you also say that "don't speak like you know for a fact he won't be in the game cause you can't."
soooooooo yeah.....
Also to the list, not sure about Ray 01 but it would be awesome if he was in.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
"Don't compare Chibi Robo to Ness."
k but you have to
"nor be a hypocrite."
also, on the list there is a lot of controversy surrounding Ridley, he isn't in for sure, but is FAR from not in, it's interesting no one has come to protest him yet. RIDLEY for brawl!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
"Chibi Robo? GTFO! He has 0 chance." didn't you also say that "don't speak like you know for a fact he won't be in the game cause you can't."
soooooooo yeah.....
Also to the list, not sure about Ray 01 but it would be awesome if he was in.
is this a vote against Ray 01?

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
uhhhhh what...that wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the topic creator. or anyone else interested in reading, which clearly you were notwho cares if their is bias and speculation, THIS WHOLE BOARD IS BIAS AND SPECULATION, stupidity? show me where that is stupid. no really, try it. Just because I disbelieve in Ness's chances doesn't mean you have to try and argue with EVERYTHING I say.

oh, and that wasn't a vote against Ray 01

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
now that the epic fail that was that ness debate has died down, let this thread return to it's original purpose!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Remove "Tom Nook" and just keep it as "Animal Crossing rep" since Tom Nook has been deconfirmed. -_-

As for who to remove... Black Shadow.

Add: Isaac. I don't know why he wasn't on there in the first place. He is deserving over a lot of characters already on that list. :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isaac - Add

Chibi Robot - Remove

Black Shadow - Remove

Top Bottom