• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North's Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
Hey to all of the smash community. i have a very important matter to discuss.
This is of course blue of enemy controller, a co-host and tourney organizer for about 70% of Enemy controllers past tournaments. I've managed these tourenys using rules i felt was most respectable and enjoyable for all of the smash community.

My first matter to discuss is that Every smasher at chibos tourney acted very unprofessional. Smashers threw fits and trash talked everything that chibo had respectively put togother for everyone to enjoy and in a venue most comfortable. You all should be ashamed of how many of you acted. To also note with live streamed matches and a camera crew trying to examine the love and dedication we all have for smash, was a complete embarressment. How dare many of you call yourself pros when you act as wild animals. Even more a Wii was stolen!!!! all of this caught on camera. you all really shown your true colors. with all due respect to those who feel cheated out and overlooked, chibo and his crew had done what they could to manage a crowd of about or over 280 smashers. He is human and tried his best to make everyone feel happy with the results. He was a host and those who complained about him watching matches instead of so called hosting the tourney, he is allowed to have fun and enjoy himself as well. im sure he was stressed but still i send my respects and honors to him in keeping a calm smile on his face while ppl acted like jerks. How can we all call ourselves a community thats cool if we cannot respect others (chibo) and ourselves (throwing fits after losing). Take your loss and man up. Reguardless of what stage rules and in game so-called flaws, we should not bash or bad mouth any aspect of your opponent or game, for your opponent was under the same condictions. You know what is capable and random mishaps this game can sometimes present, even in the most unforgiving moments.

The next matter was ppl complaining about their seed. We all complained about why we had to play certain ppl in pools or brackets. We all tried to run this tourney into our own favor. Yes they're are some things done that were or was totally unexceptable, but we shouldn't try to rig brackets or assume that brackets were gimmicked and played in the favor of chibo's members. I too fell under that issue. tho i haven't thrown a tantrum i apologize for even speaking on such a thing. Tournaments for the past few months as a tourney co-host i've seen ppl ask for bracket changing to match-ups they felt they were capable of winning and try to avoid those they could lose to. this is UNEXCEPTABLE!!! rigging these tourneys in favor of other ppl is wrong. to all the tourney hosts please do not take this in the most negative of manners but we all must admit that it has gotten out of hand for smashers to complain and throw fits for seeding to be changed. We have become a popularity case to help favor those we like and respect. As tourney hosts, we must all be respectable and fair to all of the community for if we are not we are not ever a trusting community trying to show that this game has players with manners respect and skill above all. When the interviewers filmed interviews it seemed foney, flawed and plain out lyed to the camera crews faces. we acted like we all loved eachother and played this game with pride and respect. but soon after a riot broke out and security got involved. We didn't leave in peace or quietly waited for reasons and questions to be answered and all of it was caught on camera start to finish. im embarressed for us all that it had happened. This game soon after wasn't fun. We didn't or DONT play for the enjoyment of the game, we play for a purpose of saying that you are the best and others arn't. This game became a job rather than smashers getting together from all parts of each regions and of course canada, showing that they too love smash and came to test their skill vs. one another. We dont give helpful advice nor commentary to one another. When things dont go our way we get angry. this is unfair and harmful for the things i had planned for this community.

That brings me to say i was trying to speak to the regional manager of gamestop and proposed a theory to sponsor brawl even after MLG denied Brawl that access. They have proposed and asked of a task i must take to actually get started with brawl being sponsored by Gamestop and renting huge halls that would hold live tourneys under the supervision of gamer officals. I needed to send in a presentation of what this community was like and show that smashers are dedicated to smash and at the least 50-100ppl attend tourenys on a bi-weekly bases. How can i do this for our community if things like this continue. As a fellow smasher i hope that we could mold ourselves into smashers with respect in this year and after. I need to start taking adresses emails and smashers signatures and brawl tags to actually make this appeal and present it to the regional directors of Gamestop soon to help host and sponsor Brawl tourneys. Tho hidden and now surfaced i had to speak on it for reason above for if words travel then Scouters will see what this communty holds and immature competiters that dont kno how to hold a temper and not THROW CONTROLLERS!!! so if not for me for the community help me by helping yourselves become more in control and organized when attending tourneys. One thing i propose is that, for tourney hosts, DO NOT allow friendlies or money matches during tourneys. keep set ups clear and as host take responsabilty in making sure wii's are not taken!! for without them tourneys wouldn't run smoothly. we should make sure no set up is taken or swapped without comfornting tourney hosts and members in charge of sercurity. we would put name tags on wii's to help insure that the community could also help monitor tourneys as fellow smashers. MM's & friendlies are to only be done b4 or after the tourney for a tourney cool down to let smashers mingle and trade aim or contact info to betr insure that as a whole we kno and respect eachother. Friendlies & MM's, under the descretion of the host, could be played after doubles are finished and while singles brackets are being set up. So my last note is only this, i have one change to get Gamestop to be brawls first tourney sponsor so please dont screw this up!!!!

Smash Co-Host of Enemey Controller,
Blue

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
You wrote the whole post in blue so I ignored it. I won't feed into your disgusting and sexist puns.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
guys we have to seriously get this together.

Remember the last time we had sponsors like MLG and such and how GREAT the community became.

with this we could elevate ourselves beyond just randoms and go back and become a self-sustained community that no one has ever seen.

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
Blue is right, the Smash community going crazy like this is just plain idiotic. Fights breaking out over a tournament is just stupid to be frank. There's no need for this, games are supposed to be played for fun right? So, why do we take them so seriously, why do you trash talk people who have a love for the game as you, yourself do? If you lose it's okay to be upset, but taking it to the point of blaming the seeding, blaming the characters, just making excuses, just take the **** loss it's not going to kill you. I get that this tournament was big but come on people keep it together. If people are trying to get sponsors to make this game better and a more enjoyable experience why do you want to ruin it? I for one agree with Blue and his efforts in getting sponsors. I'm just voicing my own opinion here feel free to post your own.

-Aka

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say everyone, what about the people who complained about their opponents, I'm positive something was said about you, or I could be wrong.

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
I'm just saying, you never know : P. I don't really care if I'm wrong either to be honest.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Intersting thought #3 Brawl isn't the only thing Cyanide sucks at....for the most part

OMG DOUBLE INTERESTING THOUGHTS IN ONE POST

Interesting thought #4 SetoKaiba97321 (10:56:35 PM): its funny how cy tries to tell me about sonics matchups LOL

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Intersting thought #3 Brawl isn't the only thing Cyanide sucks at....for the most part

OMG DOUBLE INTERESTING THOUGHTS IN ONE POST

Interesting thought #4 SetoKaiba97321 (10:56:35 PM): its funny how cy tries to tell me about sonics matchups LOL
@#4: wut? i only recall asking about **** but k

@#3: get at my 4.1 GPA and prospects outside of video games.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
@#4: wut? i only recall asking about **** but k

@#3: get at my 4.1 GPA and prospects outside of video games.
It was a joke anyway. I was referring to when you tell stories and stuff. If I mention sonic I have to hear another story about sonic and the matchup XD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I know, I can only take about 5 a day though :(
It's like a poison, if you get more exposure your tolerance goes up. =D

To be fair, though, we're usually not at the same place for more than about ten hours.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
It's like a poison, if you get more exposure your tolerance goes up. =D

To be fair, though, we're usually not at the same place for more than about ten hours.
Very true. Don't worry, ive got a few stories of my own for you about norfair after sunday

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Blues is right, we gotta do something about the smash community as a whole. Even though it was a one day thing in MLG my time (2006, NY) I really liked how presented it was and the many pros I've seen.

I want that to happen again.

^^

Allin

Smash Journeyman
I think all of this is true except the friendlies not allowed at tournies thats kinda dumb imo thought i understand if its a regional and its being run by one TO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom